SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page Starting to sweat feels like little needles...

General Chat Feel free to chat about anything you wish.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-05, 02:21 PM
Starting to sweat feels like little needles...

Superior Admiral
Anyone else get this? I will start to just barely sweat, not full out sweating yet. But on my face and head it feels like little needles poking me. Anyone know what this is?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-05, 02:26 PM

never heard of that before.
Old 06-27-05, 02:31 PM

Superior Admiral
never happend to me or heard of that.
Old 06-27-05, 02:31 PM

Superior Freak
Perhaps it's from the pores opening up and for some reason it's giving that needle like sensation.
Old 06-27-05, 02:38 PM

Superior Amateur
do you have a sunburn?
Old 06-27-05, 04:08 PM

Superior Admiral
No sunburn, it dosn't happen all the time. It's not like all at once either. Just feels like an acute sting here and there until I really start sweating.
Old 12-01-05, 01:45 AM

Superior Admiral
I wanted to bring this back up because I might be able to describe it a bit better. As a reminder it's when I start to feel warm/hot. You know that tingly feeling you get goose bumps. Well it's like that but with a split second of a sting into an intense itch feeling. It's real bad during the first few days of my 2 week on period of clen. It's the worst over my upper and lower back now that I'm cycling clen(Lions). As soon as I get cooled down or go into a much cooler area it goes away. In a way it feels like the itch described of someone going through withdrawl.
Old 12-01-05, 01:52 AM

Superior Amateur
i used to get that in my legs when running, i'm not sure of the actual cause but was never worried about it myself as i wasn't on anything or taking anything. my best guess (and it's only a guess) is that it's just the effects of the cold and dry weather as the pores open up to begin sweating, i guess it's a transition from being dry and arid and then having the pores suddenly start producing fluid.
Old 12-01-05, 02:08 AM

Superior Admiral
That has always been my assumption, nothing I have ever been worried about. But maybe someone knows how to reduce the effect. I have tried taking benadryl and I think the antihistimine helps a little.
Old 12-01-05, 07:18 AM

Superior Newbie
I've always blamed it on dry skin, which seems to be worse during cold weather.
Old 12-07-05, 02:11 AM

Superior Amateur
I was wondering the same thing... it is annoying. I only get it when I have dry skin, usually from trying to prevent the backne part of the cycle.
Old 12-07-05, 06:27 AM

Superior Amateur
I know exactly what your talking about.

I get panic attacks, and the feeling is identical (in the skin anyway), you can feel it get ready to happen, then all the pores start to sting and you can actually feel yourself sweat.

Its really weird; I get it sometimes from injects, or if something really unexpected happens that scares me; but most often its nerves. I get it worse on clen, but only because it makes me more nervous.

Puma
Old 12-07-05, 12:53 PM

Superior Pro
That is interesting, Shibby. I start my clen today (also Lion) and will be aware if any funkiness should occur, lol. What will be tricky is that I plan on using up a last bottle of S1+ while cutting some fat down and I might end up wasting the stuff if I sweat too much. Since I'm travelling a lot, I don't have any access to test so that S1+ will have to do I guess.
Old 12-07-05, 02:06 PM

Superior Admiral
I don't think the side is that common and from what I understand it's not Lions brand in particular. Just a clen side.
Old 12-07-05, 04:00 PM

Superior Amateur
i get that all the time and I don't run clen or anything stonger than an ECY stack...
Old 12-07-05, 11:50 PM

Superior Pro
I think that happens because of the combination of sweating(opening of the pores) and blood rushing to the surface of your skin.It happens to me if I don't do cardio for a while,during my first few cardio sessions I get the exact feeling but once get back to doing cardio on regular bases it goes away.I took my girlfriend on a hike yesterday and she had the same feeling on her legs once she started to sweat and she told me she was itching like a bitch. :laughnew:
Old 12-08-05, 01:08 AM

Superior Amateur
it could just be the adrenaline reflex... i'm not sure specifically if clen has that 'fight-or-flight' effect or how it effects the nervous system, but it might be related... just a thought.
Old 12-08-05, 01:10 AM

Superior Admiral
I'm sure it's part. At the begining when I would go to change my son and he would start crying, It would come on quick and then I would feel a bit warm.
Old 12-08-05, 01:04 PM

Banned
Do you shave your arms etc? I used to get it when I was "clean" but it goes away when I let my hair grow back out.
Old 12-22-05, 10:58 AM

Superior Admiral
Fog I shave my arms and chest, but that's not where it gets bad

Today I wanted to start doing cardio first thing after waking up. I did about 4 minutes light then stretched. Started into my cardio routine and as I started to warm up I started to feel it just a little bit. So about 7 minutes into my run my claf cramped a little. So I stepped off the treadmill real quick and the feeling just engoulfed my upper body. Now usually when I lift I feel it come on and then it goes away before the end of my first exercise now (now that i have been of clen for 3 weeks). Well I tried to keep going, I even switched to a bike and 3 minutes later it was still driving me crazy. So I stoped, put my jacket on, went outside where it's 34 degrees and it was gone with in about a minute. I just ended up coming home.
Old 12-22-05, 11:09 AM

Superior Admiral
I certainly get restless legs on clen,

What you have sounds like prickly heat, the clen may certainly be raising your body temp a bit, so if your skin isn't moisturised and its dry that could cause it.

Otherwise, I remember I got it real bad one time I tried GABBA ages ago, it was saccompanies by some sort of adrenaline rush. Maybe that was the effect of the GABBA or maybe it was just that I was allergic to it I don't know.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-05, 11:16 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby
Fog I shave my arms and chest, but that's not where it gets bad

Today I wanted to start doing cardio first thing after waking up. I did about 4 minutes light then stretched. Started into my cardio routine and as I started to warm up I started to feel it just a little bit. So about 7 minutes into my run my claf cramped a little. So I stepped off the treadmill real quick and the feeling just engoulfed my upper body. Now usually when I lift I feel it come on and then it goes away before the end of my first exercise now (now that i have been of clen for 3 weeks). Well I tried to keep going, I even switched to a bike and 3 minutes later it was still driving me crazy. So I stoped, put my jacket on, went outside where it's 34 degrees and it was gone with in about a minute. I just ended up coming home.
I get the same thing... it's so aggrevating. Happened to me yesterday at work. Was just moving some stuff around for a co-worker and our office was warm because of the cold... and within 5 mins I felt needles all over. Had to go outside to take a break so they would stop. I get them everywhere, arms, head, neck, chest, legs.
Old 12-22-05, 11:20 AM

Superior Admiral
I havn't heard the term prickly heat. I will have to search that. But someone else said it could be dry skin and since I can barely reach my back with the soap, maybe I should get an exfoliating brush to see if that helps. Because that's where I get it sooo bad.
Old 12-22-05, 11:36 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibby
I havn't heard the term prickly heat. I will have to search that. But someone else said it could be dry skin and since I can barely reach my back with the soap, maybe I should get an exfoliating brush to see if that helps. Because that's where I get it sooo bad.
Thats would be a good start, and then moisturise lightly afterwards, if it gets reallyu bad at any one point in time, try calomine lotion that treats prickly heat
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-05, 11:43 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr incredible
What you have sounds like prickly heat, the clen may certainly be raising your body temp a bit, so if your skin isn't moisturised and its dry that could cause it.

I did a bit of reading on this. It definatly sounds similar. Since it itches like crazy, but once I get the sweat going, it goes away. I dont have any bumps or bubbles. Which is good So I will go get a brush and try that.