SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Nutrition
Reload this Page Need help losing water weight before photo shoot?

Nutrition Discuss any nutrition related info here.
Sponsored by:  Feelitnutrition.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-07, 11:11 PM
Need help losing water weight before photo shoot?

Superior Newbie
This is not a female bodybuilder so she cares nothing about muscle appearance. The girl does some fashion modeling. Exclude any prescription diuretics. She needs to lose some water weight right before a photo shoot. I'm thinking of some kind of fasting for 2 days prior but making sure she gets her nutrients. Can someone help me out with some ideas?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-07, 12:42 AM

Superior Pro
search the site for stuff about contest prep. It takes some very strict eating and drinking but there is a good writeup on carb/sodium/water manipulation. It take a week I think and it would be a good idea to try it out first to see how her body responds.
Old 06-19-07, 06:35 AM

Superior Pro
Give us her stats. How long before the shoot? Is she taking any supplements? What is her diet like?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-07, 06:58 AM

Superior Admiral
dandilion tea, hawthorne and over intake of water in the lead up then limit water intake starting the night before, keep the water intake going just reduce and sip when thirsty
Old 06-19-07, 12:24 PM

Superior Newbie
Remember she's NOT a bodybuilder. She's 5'2" 95lbs. She's still holding water from that time of the month and the photoshoot is next tuesday. She's only needs to shed a few pounds of water. I'm thinking just drinking alot of water all up until the day of then sip like Mr.Incredible said, and probably the dandilion root/tea would be enough.
Old 06-19-07, 12:39 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSuperiorMan
Remember she's NOT a bodybuilder. She's 5'2" 95lbs. She's still holding water from that time of the month and the photoshoot is next tuesday. She's only needs to shed a few pounds of water. I'm thinking just drinking alot of water all up until the day of then sip like Mr.Incredible said, and probably the dandilion root/tea would be enough.

How many lbs of water does she need to shed? When you say "drinking a lot" how much is a lot to you? There is a water/sodium/carb manipulation that you can do. Dandelion root, IMO doesn't do a whole lot.
Old 06-19-07, 02:59 PM

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsquirrel
How many lbs of water does she need to shed? When you say "drinking a lot" how much is a lot to you? There is a water/sodium/carb manipulation that you can do. Dandelion root, IMO doesn't do a whole lot.
Damn you Red - dandelion root works really well for me - wth is up with us - this is like the 10th I swear by or dismiss that you believe to be the opposite ...
Old 06-19-07, 04:24 PM

Superior Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsquirrel

Well lets put it this way, she eats like shit and drinks cokes all day yet she's looks really good. lol She tends to hold some water weight for a couple wks after that time of the month. She only needs to shed 3 or 4 lbs of water if that. So i'm thinking if she actually starts drinking water all day then like Mr.Incredible said stop the day before and sip on water, also possibly take dandidilion root also then that might be al she needs.
Old 06-19-07, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Well lets put it this way, she eats like shit and drinks cokes all day yet she's looks really good. lol She tends to hold some water weight for a couple wks after that time of the month. She only needs to shed 3 or 4 lbs of water if that. So i'm thinking if she actually starts drinking water all day then like Mr.Incredible said stop the day before and sip on water, also possibly take dandidilion root also then that might be al she needs.
you are asking and answering your own questions lol.
Old 06-19-07, 07:11 PM

Superior Newbie
Ok, I guess i'm done here! lol =)
Old 06-19-07, 10:15 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fog_hat1981
Damn you Red - dandelion root works really well for me - wth is up with us - this is like the 10th I swear by or dismiss that you believe to be the opposite ...

:laughnew: :laughnew:

Well, remember what I said in another thread- that me as an individual, I hold more water than the average gal.

I mean, OTC water pills/dandy root just don't seem to shed the water off. I may lose a little, but not much. It varies from person to person
Old 06-19-07, 10:19 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Ok, well caffiene is a natural diuretic...but if she eats like shit, then I'm guessing her sodium intake is pretty high. She'll need to start this about 4 days from the shoot for this to work.

So, have her try this:

Day 1- 2 gallons of water, high sodium
Day 2- 1.5 gallons of water, high sodium
Day 3- 1 gallon of water, moderate sodium
Day 4- .5 gallons of water, no sodium
Day 5- only SIP on about 12 oz of water- this should be the day of the shoot
Old 06-20-07, 02:38 PM

Superior Newbie
Thanks!