SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Nutrition
Reload this Page TOM PLATZ Diet. LMAO...

Nutrition Discuss any nutrition related info here.
Sponsored by:  Feelitnutrition.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-08, 08:59 PM
TOM PLATZ Diet. LMAO...

TOM PLATZ OFF-SEASON DIET (WRITTEN IN HIS BOOK)

MORNING (Prior to trainnin) : Two Pieces of whole grain toast with butter and jelly, juice or milk, coffee Supplements

Lunch : (After Workout) Three to six eggs, Hamburger patty, sliced tomatoes , juice, two pieces of bread

Snack : Cheese (quite abit ) and crackers a glass of milk

Dinner : Very large prime rib salad (with cottage cheese, nuts, ) Bread and butter Piece of pie of ice cream , coffee or milk

Snack : Evening Couple pints of ice cream or bag of nuts

TOM PLATZ PRE-CONTEST DIET

PREWORKOUT MEAL : two pieces of toast , jelly hot cereal, small glass of juice or milk

Post Workout meal : Water packed Tuna Plain bagel, iced tea

Snack : bagel and an apple

Snack : Two pieces of toast and half a grapefruit

Evenning meal : Plain boiled fish , dry baked potatoe, Salad and lemon slices , stemed vegatable, Water or a glass dry white wine
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 09:05 PM

Superior Admiral
That doesn't look like much of a diet

Whats with the icecream??? WTF??? jelly, cereal, crackers, cheese...HAHA
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-08, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna9488 View Post
That doesn't look like much of a diet

Whats with the icecream??? WTF??? jelly, cereal, crackers, cheese...HAHA
did things a little differently back then. cant argue with his results though.
Old 12-30-08, 09:08 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BOUNCER View Post

YUP... dude's pretty big. Leg size is sick. Must have good genetics.
Old 12-31-08, 09:06 AM

Superior Pro
A lot differently I would say.... lol

Just point me to the BBQ.....
Old 12-31-08, 09:39 AM

Superior Pro
funny, the morning is just pathetic... the problme is some poor bastard is following this diet right now...

its looks like a modified "Milk and Squats" program / diet which the old timers would do. toast (no brown rice back then) juice milk lots of it... promote growth with saturated fats ... you will see gains increased inflammationin with wrong fatty acids
in addition to milk he adds cheese and ice cream ... and white wine chardonnay ?!?

Last edited by NYCmitch25; 12-31-08 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-31-08, 10:14 AM

anyone know arnolds old diets? did he ever right about his diet in any of his books? would be interesting to see.
Old 12-31-08, 12:12 PM

Superior Admiral
I don't actually believe that diet was really followed Tom Platz, just doesn't seem enough food for his legiondary leg workouts but I do know his logic i terms of bulking was that hey if you need more calories than you burn to put on weight then why bother makeing them (the extra calories required)protien calories, eat ice cream its easier lol!
Old 12-31-08, 02:23 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
anyone know arnolds old diets? did he ever right about his diet in any of his books? would be interesting to see.
I have the bodybuilding encyclopedia and it has diet info in it but I don't believe he lays out a diet and specifies that he has used it....
Old 12-31-08, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankinSteiN View Post
I have the bodybuilding encyclopedia and it has diet info in it but I don't believe he lays out a diet and specifies that he has used it....
in such a huge book, why would he not lay out his diet. seems like he didn't really have one and just ate the same crap they all ate. amazing.
Old 12-31-08, 03:33 PM

Administrator
Quote:
in such a huge book, why would he not lay out his diet. seems like he didn't really have one and just ate the same crap they all ate. amazing.

Just like everything else, we over-complicate the hell out of stuff.
Old 01-01-09, 10:30 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
hell no bro -- thats awesome

steve stone use to tell me stories about guys the night before contest eating half gallon of icecream and coming in ripped next day for the show

funny how things have changed
Old 01-01-09, 11:38 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
From what I remember he was real against milk and bread. I think I read that he ate lots of red meat and eggs. He cut carbs before a show, so that shows that guys have been doing that for a long time.
Old 01-01-09, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Control View Post
From what I remember he was real against milk and bread. I think I read that he ate lots of red meat and eggs. He cut carbs before a show, so that shows that guys have been doing that for a long time.
wonder what his carb sources were. he was full as fuck during the filming of pumping iron.
Old 01-01-09, 02:00 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
wonder what his carb sources were. he was full as fuck during the filming of pumping iron.
Beer.... Don't you remember that movie... LOL

"milk is for babies...."
Old 01-02-09, 12:01 PM

Superior Amateur
I don't remember any specific diet that I read in Arnold book I read when I was a teenager way back in the stone age. I do remember he advocated eating a lot of meat and eggs and carbs. I don't remember how we came up with it but, post workout we used to put raw eggs in milkshakes and drink them. Also used to make eggnog and use it as a protein drink. (Probably from Muscle and Fitness mag) I think it helped me get more calories and make some good gains. The philosophy is a lot different now and a lot clearer. Everybody had their ideas back then and there was very little science to support anything.
Old 01-02-09, 12:07 PM

Banned
Personally I think that this 6-8 small meals ed is a bunch of bullshit. 2-4 larger meals result in higher N2 retention over a 24 hour time frame. N2 retention is what repairs and builds muscle. Since the majority of protein utilization occurs in the intestine and not the stomach there isn't benefit to eating only 30-50 grams per meal, as the intestine can handle 300grams or more of protein at a time.
Old 01-02-09, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liftsiron View Post
Personally I think that this 6-8 small meals ed is a bunch of bullshit. 2-4 larger meals result in higher N2 retention over a 24 hour time frame. N2 retention is what repairs and builds muscle. Since the majority of protein utilization occurs in the intestine and not the stomach there isn't benefit to eating only 30-50 grams per meal, as the intestine can handle 300grams or more of protein at a time.
don't mean to question your knowledge but do you actually follow this type of plan?

2 meals bro? come one. #1 i would be bloated to hell trying to get all my calorie needs in so few meals.

#2, are you not encouraging your body to store the excess cals in so few meals to store fat?
Old 01-02-09, 12:50 PM

Banned
Quote:
don't mean to question your knowledge but do you actually follow this type of plan?

2 meals bro? come one. #1 i would be bloated to hell trying to get all my calorie needs in so few meals.

#2, are you not encouraging your body to store the excess cals in so few meals to store fat?
Four meals work best for me, two large and two small. 3000 cals is is 3000 cals as long as they are not way beyond maintenance level you won't store them as fat. One exception being, carbs eaten late in the day or evening are more likely to be stored as fat due in an inverse relationship b/t cortisol and insulin. Weather you eat three or six meals ed, it's important to get the majority of your daily carbs early in in the day when cortisol is lowest.
Old 01-02-09, 12:53 PM

wouldn't you agree then that 4-7 meals a day has many more benefits then 2-3 meals? both in terms of fat burning and muscle gain.
Old 01-02-09, 09:16 PM

Superior Pro
Bulking I can get by on 4 meals a day just fine. Cutting I need at least 6 and I'll usually eat 8 times or more.
Old 01-03-09, 12:06 AM

Banned
I think each of us has to go by what we feel works best for us, I do best with fewer larger meals otherwise I'm hungry all the time. I can get pretty ripped on three moderate sized meals a day.
Old 01-03-09, 08:06 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr incredible View Post
I don't actually believe that diet was really followed Tom Platz, just doesn't seem enough food for his legiondary leg workouts but I do know his logic i terms of bulking was that hey if you need more calories than you burn to put on weight then why bother makeing them (the extra calories required)protien calories, eat ice cream its easier lol!
They would drink like a gallon of milk a day calories add up quick (i guess they didnt have whey protien)

16 cups or 1 gallon:
Skim Milk - 1280 calories; 0g fat; 192g carbs; 128g protein

1% Milk - 1600 calories; 40g fat; 192g carbs; 128g protein

2% Milk - 1920 calories; 80g fat; 192g carbs; 128g protein

Whole Milk - 2400 calories; 128g fat; 192g carbs; 128g protein
Old 01-03-09, 08:09 AM

Superior Pro
Gaining muscle with squats and milk

take a look at the diet at the bottom...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg platz2.jpg (35.1 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by NYCmitch25; 01-03-09 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-03-09, 08:43 AM

from what i have seen and read, arnold hated milk.
Old 01-03-09, 12:03 PM

Superior Pro
When I see a crazy diet I think at it like this, isnt body building a competition? So if you wanted to win why wouldnt you tell people fake diets your on to mess them up lol. I mean if you want to win isnt trick other competitiors part of the game. Just applying the world of drag racing or some other motorsport to the sutitation.
Old 01-03-09, 01:37 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
from what i have seen and read, arnold hated milk.
I posted a quote above from pumping iron.... He says milk is for babies and real men drink beer when they ask him about drinking milk.... lol

However, I do know that in his encyclopedia of bodybuilding he gives several recipes for home made weight gain shakes that include powdered milk as your protein source...
Old 01-03-09, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konitz View Post
When I see a crazy diet I think at it like this, isnt body building a competition? So if you wanted to win why wouldnt you tell people fake diets your on to mess them up lol. I mean if you want to win isnt trick other competitiors part of the game. Just applying the world of drag racing or some other motorsport to the sutitation.
i think that book was written well after his comp days.
Old 01-04-09, 04:54 AM

Superior Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankinSteiN View Post
A lot differently I would say.... lol

Just point me to the BBQ.....
LMAO