SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Self-Care
Reload this Page Red Bumps on arms...

Self-Care Hair-loss prevention, tanning, anti-aging, cosmetic surgery, teeth whitening.

LinkBack Thread Tools
PimpJigga
Old 05-12-04, 12:42 AM
Red Bumps on arms...

I get these little red bumps on my upper arms & I was wondering what they were. They get better & worse through out the day. I don't have them anywere else & I don't have any acne or pimples.

Any ideas on what they are & how to get ride of them?
Old 05-13-04, 01:09 AM

Superior Freak
I know there's a term for it but I can't remember what it is. Do a search on Google. You can try exfolliating with a scrubby cloth every morning in the shower. If that doesn't help and the red bumps are annoying, you can go to a dermatologist to get it checked out.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-04, 06:12 PM

Superior Amateur
I have them as well, exfoliation has helped, but 50% of them are still there.
Old 05-18-04, 12:07 PM

Superior Pro
Do you have any allergies? Certain plants release pollen at different times throughout the day and it could be what you are experiencing.
Old 05-18-04, 02:02 PM

Superior Amateur
I had something similar a long time ago. Went to the dermatologists and found out that i am allergic to certain kinds of chemicals. That might be the problem check with a doctor.
Old 05-18-04, 02:10 PM

Superior Amateur
My friend had that and for her it was an allergic reaction to milk.
Old 05-19-04, 03:19 PM

Superior Amateur
I'm allergic to Tide laundry detergent. When I wore clothes that were washed in it, my whole body would get itchy hives.

I've always been a short sleeves shirt type of guy, so I thought maybe the sleeves were rubbing my arms and giving ingrown hairs, that's why I've used a lufa on my arm each day. Like I said, it helped, but I think to get rid of them completely I would have to ask the doctor.
Old 05-21-04, 06:46 PM

Superior Amateur
it sounds like (sp) exemia
Old 06-05-04, 05:49 PM

Superior Newbie
Excema. Nothing really will completely get rid of it. " Well Skin" body lotion with glycolic acid does help a bit if you put it on twice a day. A decent tan will make it barely noticeable. There's really not too many options. I have asked doctors before and they told me it usually never goes completely away, you can just lessen the severity of it.

-Brian
Old 06-05-04, 06:18 PM

Superior Freak
Cortizone ointment (not the cream) works well for keeping eczema under control if used daily...twice a day if it's bad. Some foods will irritate eczema, dairy is often a common one.

I don't think PimpJigga's description is of eczema though...I'm gonna look on google to see if I can find what I was thinking of in my other post here.
Old 06-05-04, 06:29 PM

Superior Freak
Keratosis Pilaris

^ That's what I was thinking it might be. I had some as a kid and very mildly as an adult, mostly in winter when it's dry out. Using an exfoliating cloth and moisturizer will clear it right up on me now if it starts acting up.

BTW, when I searched on google, this thread was the 4 link it found to "red bumps on arms." LOL
Old 07-21-04, 04:28 PM

Superior Newbie
i have a little red on my arms too. Its called rosatia??? <Sp>
Anyways I scrub it with a luffa while in the shower then put this cream on it after wards. It helps too much its almost gone. Especially when you get a tann. Its the winter that makes it red for me. But i got more important things to worry about. Just rub some lotion or vitamin E and keep scrubbing it will improve but never go 100 % away unless ur tan year round.
Old 07-23-04, 03:38 PM

Superior Newbie
Quote:
Originally posted by Puddles
Keratosis Pilaris

^ That's what I was thinking it might be. I had some as a kid and very mildly as an adult, mostly in winter when it's dry out. Using an exfoliating cloth and moisturizer will clear it right up on me now if it starts acting up.

BTW, when I searched on google, this thread was the 4 link it found to "red bumps on arms." LOL
Thanks for the link I forgot what it was called. I have this and so does my son but my daughter is soft as a peach. I just scrub the areas good with a washcloth ( a loofah is too rough) and use johnsons baby oil with vitamin E and aloe before i dry off. it works
Old 10-08-04, 06:27 AM

Superior Newbie
that gycolic acid creme fixed my problem, I also tan alot more now than I used to so it's less noticeable if at all.