SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > Sex & Relationship Chat
Reload this Page why or how do you get air into the vagina during sex?

Sex & Relationship Chat Discuss dating, relationship advice, & anything sexual in nature.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-03, 09:12 AM
why or how do you get air into the vagina during sex?

Superior Pro
This has become a HUGE problem for me. While the act of intercourse, we are always getting tons of air in me... now that I am pregnant... this can kill the baby and kill me. It happened the other night and I couldn't sleep all night worrying! Why and how does this happen?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-03, 09:15 AM

Superior Amateur
I don't have any evidence to back up my theory..... But I would say that you get air inside, when the penis is pulled all the way out, then re-inserted, while having sex.... Instead of only coming part way out and going back in...... JMO.....
Old 10-06-03, 10:07 AM

Superior Newbie
With all the pumping, air gets forced into you... the faster you go, the further you stroke, the more air goes in.
Old 10-06-03, 10:40 AM

Superior Pro
kwik, is there a way to stop the air though???
Old 10-06-03, 10:45 AM

Superior Freak
Don't do doggie...this is the #1 culprit for getting air in there. Of course, it's not a problem if the air is coming out right away...sounds kinda funny, but it's harmless.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-03, 11:03 AM

Superior Pro
hitman, not when you are pregnant... the air bubble can get into the placenta and kill the baby... that's why I am asking how this happens and how I can avoid it.
Old 10-06-03, 11:46 AM
Re: why or how do you get air into the vagina during sex?

Superior Newbie
Quote:
Originally posted by dreamgirl
This has become a HUGE problem for me. While the act of intercourse, we are always getting tons of air in me... now that I am pregnant... this can kill the baby and kill me. It happened the other night and I couldn't sleep all night worrying! Why and how does this happen?
I have a two year old and one on the way and in all of the classes we've taken and books we've read I've never heard of this being able to happen.
Old 10-06-03, 11:49 AM

Superior Admiral
I've never heard of it either. Some of my friends with kids havn't ever been told that.

On a side note, you said that you didn't think sex was that exciteing anyways
Old 10-06-03, 11:51 AM

Superior Pro
biggjay here -- there is a million articles on "blowing air into the vagina during pregnancy" but none about during regular intercourse causing it...

here is an article...

http://www.gotomydoc.com/education/s...learn/pregsex/
Old 10-06-03, 04:01 PM

Superior Freak
Yes, air in the vagina during pregnancy (and during a woman's period) is dangerous for both the woman and the baby.

A few suggestions...kegels to strengthen your internal muscles to help prevent the air from getting in (the air will usually get inside when your relaxed so you can perform kegels during intercourse to prevent a build-up of air and your husband will enjoy the feeling too as well as practicing kegels a few times a day), use pleanty of lube (that will help create a tighter vacuum to stop the air from getting in), and try different positions and angles (doggy is the most common cause of air getting inside, face to face are the least common for allowing air in). During intercourse, every so often you can bear down and quickly force the air out...if the noise bothers you just have the music on a little louder. You can also get a vaginal dumbell or weights to help tighten your pc muscles. Do a search on google and there will be a few products at different prices to choose from.

Did this always happen or only after the birth of your first child? If it is only since your first one was born, then it's most definitely the pc muscl and you can fix that with the kegels.

Last edited by Puddles; 10-06-03 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-07-03, 09:21 AM

Superior Pro
actually mrs p this is interesting... from my gymnatics background before my first birth intercourse hurt horribly... even putting a tampon in was a challenge... and my yearly paps I'd be crying. My muscles inside were always super tight, overly tight. I saw doctors and everything and they said the only way to stretch them out was to have a vaginal delivery. So I did.

Sex never hurts at all anymore, but now I get a lot of air in. I would NEVER want to go back to what I had. I think it's not the muscles, but during my first birth they gave me a full episiotomy - yes hole to hole - and I don't think it was sewn as tight as it was.

I hae put a call into my Dr. about this. We had sex last night and we had to stick to missionary during intercourse, but no air. Maybe for the next 6 months that's the way it will have to be.

I'll post what the Dr. says. Hopefully he'll call me back soon.
Old 10-07-03, 10:00 AM

Superior Freak
Remember to watch laying on your back for extended periods of time when you're pregnant. Maybe you can try propping your upper body up on some pillows, laying on your back can cut off blood supply to the baby. You might want to consider a swing too...it keeps you in a face to face position but your back will be up higher.

That is interesting about the episiotomy. I doubt they'll want to do anything now, but maybe when this one's born they can sew you differently.

The things women have to go through!

I have another idea...you could just do anal for the next few months.

Good luck, hun! Let us know what the doc tells ya.
Old 10-07-03, 10:06 AM

Superior Pro
thanks mrs. p! you're right about the lying on the back thing,,, I have one more month before they really don't want me to... geez, what we go through!