Full Dexter Jackson Interview - Opens Up About His Career and Retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Dexter Jackson Interview - Opens Up About His Career and Retirement

Dexter Opens Up About His Life, Career, and Moving Forward..

Dexter was great no doubt. I knew and trained once with the guy in 1993 when he was still a Middleweight and I was also. I only met him that one day in a gold gum in Jacksonville Florida never spoke to him again. I knew he was going to fo some good things. The most rounded muscle bellies I've ever seen. I never thought he could be a good pro let alone win an Olympia. Even when he turned pro, he had to go to the North American to do it because he wasn't placing high at the nationals. I saw the pictures and thought hes ok but hell be nothing as a pro. Then he shows up at his first pro show looking like a entirely different person. He looked great from then on.
    The Shawn Ray argument. They both were two of the greatest ever. Because Dexter won the Olympia and the highest Shawn placed was second I believe you cant go by that. Shaw's era was much more competitive. No way Dexter beats Ronnie, Flex, Levrone, Dorian. Nasser, and I'm not sure he couedd have beaten S the dawn. Shawn brought one of the most complete, proportional, symmetrical, and unbelievable physiques ever. He was 205^210. Imagine him in the 335 and under class today. No one would have any chance.
    Dexter is a legend no doubt about it.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pgc640 View Post
      Dexter was great no doubt. I knew and trained once with the guy in 1993 when he was still a Middleweight and I was also. I only met him that one day in a gold gum in Jacksonville Florida never spoke to him again. I knew he was going to fo some good things. The most rounded muscle bellies I've ever seen. I never thought he could be a good pro let alone win an Olympia. Even when he turned pro, he had to go to the North American to do it because he wasn't placing high at the nationals. I saw the pictures and thought hes ok but hell be nothing as a pro. Then he shows up at his first pro show looking like a entirely different person. He looked great from then on.
      The Shawn Ray argument. They both were two of the greatest ever. Because Dexter won the Olympia and the highest Shawn placed was second I believe you cant go by that. Shaw's era was much more competitive. No way Dexter beats Ronnie, Flex, Levrone, Dorian. Nasser, and I'm not sure he couedd have beaten S the dawn. Shawn brought one of the most complete, proportional, symmetrical, and unbelievable physiques ever. He was 205^210. Imagine him in the 335 and under class today. No one would have any chance.
      Dexter is a legend no doubt about it.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk
      agree. Dexter having a Mr O title doesn't make him better than Shawn Ray. not even close.

Comment

Working...
      X