101 Best Pizza Joints in America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 101 Best Pizza Joints in America

Got to bookmark this for future travels...

https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/101...s-america-2020

How many of those NY/NJ pizza places have you been to, Bouncer? I went to a couple of really good ones in Manhattan and Brooklyn many moons ago, but I can't remember the names.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      How many of those NY/NJ pizza places have you been to, Bouncer? I went to a couple of really good ones in Manhattan and Brooklyn many moons ago, but I can't remember the names.
      Santillo’s is the only one in Jersey I've been to. that place is an institution. great pizza. only other one on the list I've been to is Lou Malnati’s in Chicago. Though I disagree with that. Giordano's is a superior deep dish.

One thing I have to add. It's not really "pizza" because it's just dough and sauce called "Tomato Pie" in the Philly Tri State area. I know that doesn't sound great but trust me it's not just dough and sauce. It's completely different. The texture and taste is something absolutely unique. The best place on earth to get this uniquely Philly area concoction is called Serpe and Sons Bakery in Delaware. They don't even advertise it because it's mainly a bakery but by far the number 1 seller is the tomato pie. Nobody knows about it because it a small place in a no name state but trust me when I tell you it's one of those bites of food you remember forever.

Comment

Jersey has the best pizza period
        Staten Island
        Coney Island
        you can get a decent slide in NYC particularly Brooklyn midtown or downtown too

Comment

Working...
        X