• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Baseball Plays

3-3 yesterday -$35
    for the week: +$795

my plays for thursday are:

Toronto/Detroit OVER 8 1/2

I know most will think I'm crazy for betting over with Halladay on the mound but this is not the Roy we grew to love last year. 17 hits allowed in 13 innings and 4 walks which is very irregular for him. More so he has allowed 5 HR which tells me he is struggling with his control, falling behind in the count and grooving his fastball. This Bizzaro Roy holds a 5.93 ERA. Johnson has allowed 11 hits and 3 walks in just 8 innings. He is the proud owner of a blossoming 6.48 ERA. Lots of runners means lots of runs.

Kansas City/White Sox UNDER 10

To the direct opposite, Buerhle is sitting at a microscopic 1.15 ERA and has stingily allowed only 11 hits and 3 walks in 14 innings. What can be better than a 1.15 ERA? How about Gobble allowing only 1 hit in 6 innings and he has a 0.00 ERA. To quote Bob Uecher in Major League....."One goddamn hit? That's all they got?" This should go under a very high 10 total.

Cubs

No, I am not happy with the city of Chicago but I'm also not stupid. Fogg has allowed 5 hits and 3 walks in just 5 innings. That is his problem, lack of control. He falls behind and either walks them or gives them something to drive. Zambrano allowed only 2 hits in 7 innings. I am not happy with his 3 walks but I think the Pirates have shot their ammo in this series already. I figure Zambrano ends up being the Cubs ace after they lose Prior and Woods to injury. That should get the Cubs fans talking! In any event, Zambrano and the baby bears are more than capable of making it two in a row here.

Minnesota

Can the wheels have come off for Cleveland this early in the season? I think that Milton Bradley leaving has left them in the lurch for hitters and upset the clubhouse. They look like they are sleep walking and their manager is only in his second major league year and is showing signs of being too helpless to save the situation. Stanford allowed 7 hits and a whopping 4 walks in just 5 innings. He was a pretty good pitcher last year but I think you will find a lot of these kids rushed up and not ready for the majors on this team this year. Radke is a crafty veteran and he must be part magician. He has allowed an incredible 20 hits in just 11 innings. On top of that he has allowed 7 earned runs which is almost one for every inning pitched. Now here comes the magician part. He is amazingly 2-0 on the season with those stats. I figure he somehow does it again tonight against the woeful tribe.
Working...
X