Tuesdays Baseball Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesdays Baseball Plays

I was in San Diego over the weekend so i have missed 4 days of posting plays.

I went 5-2 with a rainout on my last baseball post (June 11th) for a profit of $275.00

Running total profit for the season is at + $815.00

Todays picks are:

Montreal Expos -Even
    Day could easily have close to 10 wins on any contending team. Due to the Expos troubles offensively, he has just a 5-6 record to show for it. Day has an AOR of 3.25. His ERA is 2.05 in his last 3 starts. His current WHIP is 1.178. Can't argue with those numbers. If his sinker is working, he would have no problem keeping the Twins bats quiet. Santana has an AOR of 5.77. He has his problems on the road. 0-2 with a 6.97 ERA. The question always rely, will the Expos score enough runs to win? Well against lefties the Expos have a record of 8-11. Which is great compared to the record against righties, 12-30. Also keep in mind that the Twins will have to have the pitcher hit as the NL is now hosting the interleague games.

Anaheim Angels / Pittsburgh Pirates over 8.5 -$130.00
    The O/U is 10-2 when Washburn pitches. 5-5 when Perez pitches. The O/U is 18-10 for the Angels on the road. The O/U is 13-13 for Pirates at home, 29-27 overall. The Pirates have 2 players (C Wilson & J Wilson) in the top in the NL in BA. The Angels have 1 (Guerrero) in the top 10 in the AL. The Angels average 5.7 runs against lefties. The Pirates average 4.2 runs against lefties. Washburn has a 9.39 ERA in his last 3 starts. Perez has a 5.59 ERA in his last 3 starts. So neither has pitched well recently.

Texas Rangers / Cincinnati Reds over 10.5 runs -Even
    Last 9 games have gone over for the Reds. 5 out of the last 6 have gone over for Texas. Add a Bong (only 3.3 innings pitched, 10.81 ERA). Add A Rogers (6.75 career ERA against the Reds, 5.51 ERA in his last 3 starts, 4.02 on the road). Also consider that 6 relief pitchers were used last night. With Bong looking like he won't go much farther than the 3.3 he pitched his 1st outing, this could be an ugly slugfest. Griffey will be back in the line-up tonight looking for his 500th HR at home.

Milwaukee Brewers +$110.00
    This is the Rodney Dangerfield pick of the day. The Brewers have won 5 of 6 against Seattle. They are a perfect 3-0 against the Mariners at home. The Mariners are 5-15 against righties on the road. The Brewers owe a much better record (31-29 to 25-36) and a much better ball club than Seattle. And they are at home. So are they underdogs? No respect!

Oakland A's -$105.00
    I've rode them for most of their 8 game winning streak. I'm not jumping off just yet. How can you go against a team who's 31-11 (6-0 this season ) in interleague play the last 3 seasons. Zito has an ERA of 2.57 in his last 3 starts. He also could have the Philly hitters where he wants them. They were not done until this morning. Morris has not shown me anything this season. He has an ERA of 4.06 and has been prone to the long ball, 19 in 88.7 innings pitched.

San Diego Padres -$160.00
    Tampa is 4-15 against righties on the road. Lawrence has been magnificent in his last 3 starts (0.93 ERA). The Padres pound lefties (.281 BA, 5.1 runs per game). San Diego is 10-5 against lefties.

Baltimore Orioles / LA Dodgers over 8 -$130.00
    The Orioles O/U is 17-9 on the road. LA O/U is 13-12 at home (yes, it is over .500). Orioles got shut out by the Indians yesterday. I believe that was the 1st time they got shut out this season (I'm gonna have to do a little more research on that). O's should return feeling quite angry at yesterday's butt-whopping. The O's pitching has been their troubles for being below .500. The bullpen is also a problem. And with DuBose just going a few innings yesterday, the pen haven't had much of a breather this past week.

San Francisco Giants -$190.00
    Only -$190.00 for Schmidt at home?? My CY Young Award winner for the 1st half of this season.

Chicago Cubs / Houston Astros over 7.5 -$140.00
Working...
X