Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Playoff Basketball: Pistons vs. Bucks

Detroit at Milwaukee

Okay, Game 3 wasn't pretty for the Pistons. They gave up 124 points which would be considered bad for the Hawks, let alone the 'Stons. Rip really struggled on that ankle and Redd took advantage. Defensive breakdowns were common, but as Flip said it was more focus than scheme. Lets not forget this happened in Philly last Year, in Game 2 versus Bucks in 2004 and so on. DEtroit just don't sweep. What they do well though, is rebound from horrid losses.

Lets identify some key points from Game 3.

-First, Rasheed came out and score 11 of the first 15 Detroit points on 4-4(with 3-three's) to really get us going. He finished with 17 and Chauncey took some blame for not feeding Rasheed the ball enough. Wallace is too unselfish to call for ball, so the PG needs to make sure he is getting touches.
    -The Bucks shot 60 percent from the field and a mindboggling 65 percent from behind the arc. Now, remember this, DETROIT is the best team at guarding the arc in the NBA(about 30 percent). This is inexcusable and must be rectified immediately.
    -The Bucks were just plain efficient. They had a whopping 34 asist and shot about 90 percent from the line.
    -Toni Kukoc returned and made a nice impact while Mo williams was brilliant off the bench.

Okay, now, what does Detroit do in Game 4. They come out and play Detroit ball. They knowq they can take it to this team at Bradley center. It s a tough venue, but they did oit in games 3 and 4 two years ago and in the only meaningful game there this season.

What I see from Detroit tonight:

-Rasheed with a huge game on offense. H will take it to Bogut early and often.
    -Mr Big Shot himself finally getting off. He really has been avearge in this series scoring wise IMO
    -They will defend arc
    -They will play Detroit D
    -They will silence the Bucks

Two last points.

-I really think the Bucks used up all they had in game 4. They will have to play defense tonight to get past Detroit. I don't think they have it in them. They still gave up 104 points on Saturday. They will give up a similar number tonight
    -Reports from Sunday's practice say that Rip looked the best he has since Game one on that ankle. Take it for what its worth. He is pissed too. I expect a solid game outta him tonight.

Detroit -7
Working...
X