NBA Western Conference Finals: Mavs @ Suns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Western Conference Finals: Mavs @ Suns

on to game 6 of the dallas / suns game...this should be a good game..with the way Dirk is playing...I dont think anyone could stop him...looking forward to the heat/dallas series..
    Dallas star Dirk Nowitzki bounced back from his worst game of the season with one of his all-time best, scoring a franchise playoff-record 50 points in Thursday's 117-101 Game 5 victory. Nowitzki outscored Phoenix 22-20 in the fourth quarter and challenged his teammates to respond after the Suns pulled within a point. That ignited a 10-0 run for the Mavs, who held a 35-20 edge in the fourth. "He played unbelievable," Phoenix point guard Steve Nash said of Nowitzki's performance. "I don't know what his line was. I didn't feel like he missed very often."
    Josh Howard added 23 points for the Mavs, who improved to 24-0 this season when he scores at least 20.
    The Suns fell to 1-7 when scoring less than 106 points in the playoffs, and they are just 1-16 when scoring less than 106 dating back to the regular season.
    Like Detroit, Phoenix seems to play at its best when facing elimination. The Suns became the eighth team in NBA history to rally back from a 3-1 deficit to win a series in the first round against the Lakers and followed that up by beating the Clippers in seven games in the second round. Of course the difference this time around is that a potential Game 7 will be on the road at Dallas, but Phoenix remains confident about a win at home in Game 6. "It's tough, but we've been there before," Suns center Boris Diaw said. "It's not something we enjoy, but we seem to play our best when our back is against the wall."

Going to fade the public one more time...GL

Suns ML
Working...
X