RWC 2007 - IRB Sucks!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWC 2007 - IRB Sucks!!!!

The International Rugby Board has to be the biggest bunch of wankers around!!!

I CANNOT for the life of me find any RWC highlight videos anywhere. Sites in the UK, Australia and South Africa have the highlight videos of various matches but give me an error when I click on the link, indicating they are only for viewers of the respective countries. I am pretty sure what the IRB has done is to secure licensing agreements in various countries that restrict the videos (even highight clips) to be only viewed be online viewers with IP addresses in the respective countries. So, I can view video clips of the city of Marseilles welcoming the All Blacks or of Americans in pubs watching the matches, but not a second of the matches themselves. :cursin:

The official RWC 2007 website has highlight videos but only for people who pay for the online video package!!!! Can you believe this???? Full match videos, I can understand, but requiring payment for 2 minute highlight clips???

And to top it all off, the IRB came down heavily on some people who posted some RWC clips on youtube and forced youtube to remove the videos.

You would think that the organizational body of a minor sport would be going out of its way to post highlight videos everywhere so that they can market their sport, especially in countries like the US which is a huge untapped market, but NOOOOO, that wouldn't earn the suits any pennies now, would it?? Ignore the fact that spending pennies now may get them pounts later, but that's a concept that has evidently eluded their pea brains.

Contrast the IRB with the NHL or NBA - they have official youtube acocunts and post highlight videos regularly on there and market their sports in a million other ways.

The IRB sucks!!! :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
    Last edited by Scrumhalf; 09-12-07, 04:12 AM.
Working...
X