Dialed in diet for labor intensive jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialed in diet for labor intensive jobs

I'm having a tough time getting a diet dialed in for some reason...maybe cuz I'm older, I don't know

I have a labor intensive job and I'm trying to not feel so 'beat up' at the end if the day. Yeah its summer, yeah its hot. Yeah im pushing 50. I get all the factors. Surely there is a couple other people in here somewhat in my position

Looking for feedback/ ideas. Please

also, I'm not in nor will i ever be in "bulk" mode again. Trying to cut some lbs while not getting beat up.

Originally posted by LIV View Post
    I'm having a tough time getting a diet dialed in for some reason...maybe cuz I'm older, I don't know

I have a labor intensive job and I'm trying to not feel so 'beat up' at the end if the day. Yeah its summer, yeah its hot. Yeah im pushing 50. I get all the factors. Surely there is a couple other people in here somewhat in my position

Looking for feedback/ ideas. Please

also, I'm not in nor will i ever be in "bulk" mode again. Trying to cut some lbs while not getting beat up.
    i'm not quite understanding when you say "beat up". i would understand if you were talking about training but this is dieting your talking about. why would you feel more or less "beat up" if you ate a burger and fries vs grilled chicken and rice?

Comment

Burger and fries it is!

Comment

1- what's your age?
        2- what type of work do you do?
        3- have kids?
        4- how do you train?
        5- whats your goal?

Comment

1- what's your age?
          2- what type of work do you do?
          3- have kids?
          4- how do you train?
          5- whats your goal?
          are you asking yourself these questions? i'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

are you asking yourself these questions? i'm confused.
            I'm asking you.

The reason I'm asking you is if you're not my age with no kids who sits at a desk all day and only weight trains, maybe you're not the guy with an answer

Comment

That burger and fries still sounds good though

Comment

I'm asking you.

The reason I'm asking you is if you're not my age with no kids who sits at a desk all day and only weight trains, maybe you're not the guy with an answer
                i can understand that.

but just clarify for me what you mean by beat up. do you mean you don't have the time to prep the meals etc..?

i'm not talking shit here bro, just trying to figure out the exact problem.

Comment

Meaning I have no energy half the time to play with my kids when I get home. Fatigued, drained. Exhausted.

more carbs and calories thru the morning, throughout the day, more junk food...? Maybe I'm presenting it wrong. I know diet is key to all of our success both mentally and physically. Was just seeing if there's other fellas out there who have expiremented more with diets or if they have a regimen that works for them. I know part of it is I'm up at3am every morning. My kids don't get up til 9-10 when mom gets up. So I have that working against me as well. Theyre getting up from a nap I'm ready for bed lol. I want to be able to get the full effect of my aas usage and I know diet plays the biggest role in that.

Comment

Doesn't have to be junk food. Why not some rice based dishes that is prepared clean? It could even be something like burritos or Thai. You cna prepare these clean, so you are not compromising on quality.

Comment

I have some good friends that work masonary construction and still workout after work, even when they are on the road, whether it's in their hotel rooms or a local gym. Keeping the carbs high is key for them. Gatorade after every one of two bottles of water. One eats healthy but the other eats high protein fast food meals, double quarter pounders etc. Both get between 4,000-5,000 kcal a day though.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                        Doesn't have to be junk food. Why not some rice based dishes that is prepared clean? It could even be something like burritos or Thai. You cna prepare these clean, so you are not compromising on quality.
                        Sounds good. Like that option. Rice based. Thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by AvidFisherman View Post
                          I have some good friends that work masonary construction and still workout after work, even when they are on the road, whether it's in their hotel rooms or a local gym. Keeping the carbs high is key for them. Gatorade after every one of two bottles of water. One eats healthy but the other eats high protein fast food meals, double quarter pounders etc. Both get between 4,000-5,000 kcal a day though.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
                          Yes high carbs especially on that job. Thanks for the feedback man. Appreciate it

Comment

So back when I had a desk job I'd start tapering carbs off around 2ish. We thinkin stretch em out an extra hour or so?

Comment

I think all this tapering carbs business is not something you should worry about unless you are prepping for a contest. Just worry about your macros and keep things clean. Don't eat a bunch of garbage because it is cheap and fills you up.

Comment

Working...
                              X