No announcement yet.

Dialed in diet for labor intensive jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm there with you man, I understand the whole grind. I'll be 50 this year myself. Like all the guys said, meal prep is key, especially if you are a creature of habit and don't mind eating the same things. I get up at 4 am, go to the gym, come home and shower and go to work. Wife and kids are both still in bed when I leave. Sunday's I meal prep for the week. Cook a bunch of main protein, be it chicken (90% of the time), cook jasmine rice, steam veggies, beans in a tupperware, etc.... No thinking involved, add food in tupperware container and out the door. I'm usually done packing two meals to take to work before the coffee is done brewing.

Comment

Originally posted by LIV View Post
      Meaning I have no energy half the time to play with my kids when I get home. Fatigued, drained. Exhausted.

more carbs and calories thru the morning, throughout the day, more junk food...? Maybe I'm presenting it wrong. I know diet is key to all of our success both mentally and physically. Was just seeing if there's other fellas out there who have expiremented more with diets or if they have a regimen that works for them. I know part of it is I'm up at3am every morning. My kids don't get up til 9-10 when mom gets up. So I have that working against me as well. Theyre getting up from a nap I'm ready for bed lol. I want to be able to get the full effect of my aas usage and I know diet plays the biggest role in that.
      ahh, yea that sounds tough. how about this. lay out what you've been typically eating during the day and we can tweek from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Erod13 View Post
        I'm there with you man, I understand the whole grind. I'll be 50 this year myself. Like all the guys said, meal prep is key, especially if you are a creature of habit and don't mind eating the same things. I get up at 4 am, go to the gym, come home and shower and go to work. Wife and kids are both still in bed when I leave. Sunday's I meal prep for the week. Cook a bunch of main protein, be it chicken (90% of the time), cook jasmine rice, steam veggies, beans in a tupperware, etc.... No thinking involved, add food in tupperware container and out the door. I'm usually done packing two meals to take to work before the coffee is done brewing.
        Sounds like my morning routine except my coffee comes first lol. Helps me drop some 'extra weight' before the gym.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

ahh, yea that sounds tough. how about this. lay out what you've been typically eating during the day and we can tweek from there.
          Typical day...

Gym first thing am on empty stomach.

Fix 3-4 eggs and bowl of oats after work out with vanilla protein shake in a mixer cup for breakfast. 6-7 am

Around 10am I'm already dipping into my chicken and either rice, veggies or pasta side.

1pm double dipping on the chicken and either rice veggies or pasta.

3-4 after work i have a protein shake in blender with scoop of protein, cup of oats either 4 strawberries or whole banana, half cup vanilla yogurt, 2 grham crackers. Dash of cinnamon

Dinner- I pick at the kids dinner whether it be chicken nuggets and fries or pizza rolls and mac n cheese

Comment

Have a feeling you're going to say "you aren't eating enough" lol

Comment

What time are you usually in bed? I'm down shortly after my little one around d 830

Comment

What time are you usually in bed? I'm down shortly after my little one around d 830
                Pretty much the same, about 9 so I can get my 7 hours

Comment

Pretty much the same, about 9 so I can get my 7 hours
                  What line of work are you in?.

Comment

Typical day...

Gym first thing am on empty stomach.

Fix 3-4 eggs and bowl of oats after work out with vanilla protein shake in a mixer cup for breakfast. 6-7 am

Around 10am I'm already dipping into my chicken and either rice, veggies or pasta side.

1pm double dipping on the chicken and either rice veggies or pasta.

3-4 after work i have a protein shake in blender with scoop of protein, cup of oats either 4 strawberries or whole banana, half cup vanilla yogurt, 2 grham crackers. Dash of cinnamon

Dinner- I pick at the kids dinner whether it be chicken nuggets and fries or pizza rolls and mac n cheese
                    well the obvious thing that I'm sure you already know is an issue is that last "junk" meal at the worst time of day to be eating that kind of food. if you were bulking i'd say "ehh who cares"... but you mentioned in your first post that your trying to cut a few lbs.

i hate to see it because you make a good effort all day to eat great and then right before bed when your body doesn't have any chance of burning off the junk calories that's when your eating them. changing that last meal to something more in line with what you eat earlier in the day should be enough to give you the progress you want without too much effort and beating you up more than you already feel.

i know we all have different situations and it's easier for some of us. but i'm just focusing on the issue at hand. focus here. you're trying to cut some pounds. that last meal is the weakness. make the changes mother fucker! :D

Comment

What line of work are you in?.

Comment

Sure take the fun food away. Fucker
                        I feel you though

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                          That's fucking hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                            Doesn't have to be junk food. Why not some rice based dishes that is prepared clean? It could even be something like burritos or Thai. You cna prepare these clean, so you are not compromising on quality.
                            Yes, it's good.

Comment

So hard to not pick at these chicken fries and mac and cheese

Comment

So I prepped ground turkey with taco seasoning. Mexican rice and black beans. Wheat tortillas for burritos. Switching to pork for a couple weeks. I'm spent on chicken. Taking one turkey sandwich for early snack with potato bread. So baked pork chops with broccoli for another meal.

Bouncer?

Comment

Working...
                                X