Lift around noon, cardio at night?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift around noon, cardio at night?

Usually I end up lifting at night and then running after i lift, or ill take a protein shake, sit around for 30 minutes then go do some running

I've always read that's not so good because i will lift for an hour, and then running for 30 to 40 minutes after that....so i was really working out for 90 to 100 minutes with no food or protein in between on most days

i don't run the day before, day of, and day after leg days (once a week) so i try to run 3 of the 4 remaining days in the week....I do sprints usually 6 to 7 sets of running full speed for 30 seconds, walking it off for 1 minute...then finally ending with a full minute sprint

my question is would it be better to split up the lifting and running into two seperate times of the day?

I have been running and lifting both at night because i'm in school and i like to get my schoolwork done with before i have any "fun", just so i don't have to dread it while i'm trying to enjoy something else

I really want to work on increasing my speed during the baseball offseason so i'm trying to figure the best way to make the sprinting sessions as valuable as possible
Working...
X