Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman Shows The Unretouched Reality Of Major Weight Loss (NSFW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman Shows The Unretouched Reality Of Major Weight Loss (NSFW)

Warning - Nudity Below

"Underneath the layers of clothing and behind closed doors, quite a different reality exists."

When Julia Kozerski lost half her body weight while a photography student at the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, dropping from 338 pounds to 178 pounds, she turned the camera on herself.

"It didn't start as a 'project' per se," she told The Huffington Post. Instead, Kozerski was trying to capture for herself the physical and mental struggles tied with body image and weight loss. Her nude self-portraits include close-up shots of Kozerski's post-weight loss skin and stretch marks, as well of a portrait of the artist in her wedding dress, now several sizes too big.

"I was at nearly 100 pounds lost before I let another person see my images and, even then, I released them only to my husband and my fellow classmates," she said. "Eventually I realized that the story I was telling had a greater, more universal message and I decided that the photographs were best shown openly in public."

The strikingly candid photo series, entitled "Half," explores Kozerski's battles with food, self-control, and self-image, she wrote on her website. The series gave Kozerski a new outlook on beauty, the media's treatment of weight loss and a refreshing perspective on the idea of "normal." As she wrote in her artist statement for Half:

While I genuinely believed that my hard work and dedication would transform me into that 'perfect' person of my dreams, the reality of what has resulted is quite the opposite. My experience contradicts what the media tends to portray. While it is easy to celebrate and appreciate the dramatic physical results of such an endeavor, underneath the layers of clothing and behind closed doors, quite a different reality exists.
    Kozerski said the project will be a success if other people see her photographs and realize that they are not alone in their body image struggles.

"We are all 'flawed' in some way," she said. "But if you know that you are not alone and that there is no 'normal' -- no 'right' or 'wrong' -- you can live openly and freely."

One Woman Shows The Unretouched Reality Of Major Weight Loss (NSFW)

I think the lesson here is.. NEVER GET FAT! Once you do your fucked.

Comment

I have a gf going through this exact thing. She was my size, gained a ton of weight, had gastric bypass surgery, and now she's trying to save up for a shit ton of plastic surgery. Sounds depressing, painful and expensive.

Comment

Props to her for showing that...but christ that's terrible, disgusting actually. B hit it on the head, lesson here is to not be a lazy puke and get morbidly obese...once you do? Yep, ur fucked.lol

Comment

Hate to say it but most of that could've been prevented by losing weight with proper, pretty much body builder style diet. After all the research we have about dieting and weight loss people still do the stupid "cut the calories and stop eating" diet.

And only thing that does is, slows your metabolism, eat the muscle away and turns you in to a bag of skin.

Comment

If your obese and you lose a lot of weight you will have tons of extra skin regardless of the type of diet no?

Comment

Woman Shows The Unretouched Reality Of Major Weight Loss (NSFW)

With a proper diet skin's elasticity can be maintained. Even if she ends up with some excess skin it wouldn't be this bad.
              Look at all the retired bodybuilders. Their skin is stretched to shit and when they retire none of them end up with baggy skin that hangs off their body. I have a 70 year old client that is about to do a bikini show for her 70th birthday and with a proper diet she was able to lose almost 30 lbs and get her skin tighter. And in fact she had a very loose mid section with skin hanging off even before the weight loss and almost everything got tight and she looks great for a 70. :)
              And it was all done naturally, because I'm not about to put a 70 year old woman in danger by giving her anything unnatural. ;)
              Examples of stretched out skin and not hanging off your body like a trash bag after the weight loss.

Comment

Not likely. She lost 160 lbs. Carrying around that much excess adipose tissue for such a long period of time has a different effect on the skins elasticity compared to bodybuilders carrying excess lean muscle.

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but in general people such as her have lead an unhealthy lifestyle for a long period of time. Their muscle tone is next to nothing and therefore there is nothing to support all that extra crap. Slower healthy and natural fat loss with exercise and diet will help but at a certain point the elasticity of the skin will not return.
                Last edited by blm; 09-16-15, 07:44 AM.

Comment

yea i get what your saying beast and I do agree up to a point. it's never good to drop weight that fast. but I also tend to side with what blm is saying here.

a bodybuilder is a mild case compared to a truly obese person. levrone and yates are probably 50lbs lighter then their prime. that's not much compared to what this lady and other real deal obese peeps have to lose. we are talking people dropping upwards of 200-300lbs or even more.

Comment

Originally posted by blm View Post
                    Not likely. She lost 160 lbs. Carrying around that much excess adipose tissue for such a long period of time has a different effect on the skins elasticity compared to bodybuilders carrying excess lean muscle.

I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but in general people such as her have lead an unhealthy lifestyle for a long period of time. Their muscle tone is next to nothing and therefore there is nothing to support all that extra crap. Slower healthy and natural fat loss with exercise and diet will help but at a certain point the elasticity of the skin will not return.
                    Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    yea i get what your saying beast and I do agree up to a point. it's never good to drop weight that fast. but I also tend to side with what blm is saying here.

a bodybuilder is a mild case compared to a truly obese person. levrone and yates are probably 50lbs lighter then their prime. that's not much compared to what this lady and other real deal obese peeps have to lose. we are talking people dropping upwards of 200-300lbs or even more.
                    Agreed. And that's why I said "most of it could've been prevented" in my original post, not all of it. Damage was already done but the unhealthy cut everything out lose all the muscle and ruin your body diet didn't help the situation at all.

Comment

I gotta be honest though. I'm not sure I actually feel bad for these people.

When did she suddenly start caring about her appearance you know? How many years did she stuff her mouth with shit? How many years did she walk around not giving a shit because she "just loves food too much".

Now suddenly she's supposed to be some hero for losing the weight and talking about the aftermath?

Comment

I don't think she's a hero at all. She was morbidly obese, she lost 160 pounds, and now her body looks like crap. Mine does too after carrying two children, but at least I have something respectable to show for it.

Comment

Running is the best one to reduce weight

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                            Warning - Nudity Below

"Underneath the layers of clothing and behind closed doors, quite a different reality exists."

When Julia Kozerski lost half her body weight while a photography student at the Milwaukee Institute of Art and Design, dropping from 338 pounds to 178 pounds, she turned the camera on herself.

"It didn't start as a 'project' per se," she told The Huffington Post. Instead, Kozerski was trying to capture for herself the physical and mental struggles tied with body image and weight loss. Her nude self-portraits include close-up shots of Kozerski's post-weight loss skin and stretch marks, as well of a portrait of the artist in her wedding dress, now several sizes too big.

"I was at nearly 100 pounds lost before I let another person see my images and, even then, I released them only to my husband and my fellow classmates," she said. "Eventually I realized that the story I was telling had a greater, more universal message and I decided that the photographs were best shown openly in public."

The strikingly candid photo series, entitled "Half," explores Kozerski's battles with food, self-control, and self-image, she wrote on her website. The series gave Kozerski a new outlook on beauty, the media's treatment of weight loss and a refreshing perspective on the idea of "normal." As she wrote in her artist statement for Half:

While I genuinely believed that my hard work and dedication would transform me into that 'perfect' person of my dreams, the reality of what has resulted is quite the opposite. My experience contradicts what the media tends to portray. While it is easy to celebrate and appreciate the dramatic physical results of such an endeavor, underneath the layers of clothing and behind closed doors, quite a different reality exists.
                            Kozerski said the project will be a success if other people see her photographs and realize that they are not alone in their body image struggles.

"We are all 'flawed' in some way," she said. "But if you know that you are not alone and that there is no 'normal' -- no 'right' or 'wrong' -- you can live openly and freely."

Check out some of results of Phenq

Wow this is terrifying i am thank full i found different and easier ways to lose the weight and that didn't involved any side effects

Comment

Originally posted by sarena View Post
                              Wow this is terrifying i am thank full i found different and easier ways to lose the weight and that didn't involved any side effects

How much did you lose? That is not a side effect of how she lost weight, that is what happens to almost anyone who looses a large amount of weight, 100lbs+...Although she still has a lot of weight to loose, she will always have lose and hanging skin unless she does some serious weights and steroids and / or surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X