SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Anabolic Steroids
Reload this Page Sodium Hyaluronate - joint therapy by Innovagen

Anabolic Steroids Steroids, GH, PEDs, & Peptides Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-05, 09:48 PM
Sodium Hyaluronate - joint therapy by Innovagen

Superior Newbie
The text is from Innovagen.

Sodium hyaluronate (hyaluronic acid—HA) products have been used successfully for years to treat joint disease in several species including man. HA is a normal component of joint fluid and cartilage and serves many functions, one of which is to "lubricate" the soft tissue structures of the joint and decrease inflammation. Until recently, HA products were given only as intra-articular injections, directly into the joint space. There is now an HA preparation that can be given intramuscularly (I.M.) and has shown beneficial results. That product is called Hyaluron.

Although the mechanism of action of HA is not entirely understood, it is recognized that sodium hyaluronate decreases synovial fluid inflammatory mediators (destructive enzymes) which may have a degradative effect upon articular cartilage. In addition to the anti-inflammatory actions, HA acts as a lubricating substance within the joint and provides a "protective barrier" over the synovial membrane.

Hyluron is the joint disease therapy that helps stop acute damage before it becomes chronic. Hyluron is pure hyaluronic acid, the same polysaccharide present in normal joint fluid to protect and lubricate joint cartilage and soft tissues. Hyluron is produced in such purity that it can be given intramuscularly for immediate bioavailability.

A Colorado State University study demonstrated a systemic administration of sodium hyaluronate significantly decreased the synovial fluid concentrations of prostaglandins, glycosaminoglycan (GAG), and total protein that are associated with inflammatory joint disease in the horse. The systemic administration of sodium hyaluronate also decreased the severity of cellular infiltration and vascularity in the synovial membrane (i.e., decreased inflammation at the synovial membrane level). This study demonstrates the systemic administration of sodium hyaluronate decreases inflammation, products associated with inflammation, and the degree of lameness in horses with arthritis (joint inflammation).
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 09:51 PM

Superior Newbie
The picture (hopefully).....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hyluron.jpg (17.1 KB, 118 views)
Old 07-20-05, 11:29 AM

Superior Newbie
With my recent shoulder surgery and worn out knees, this might be something good to try.
Old 07-20-05, 10:00 PM

Superior Newbie
Is it available as a research Chem?

Is it readily available at all?

You've piqued my interest
Vet@Iron For Life
VIP...elsewhere

"Your Passion defines your Priorities"--Corey Worrell

Narkissos@hushmail.com
Old 07-21-05, 09:41 AM

Superior Newbie
I've been researching this stuff, having a vested interest in well lubricated joints. Lots of oral products are around, buy the research says for joint help, oral administration is worthless. I have found this stuff in a form that can be injected directly into the ailing joints but that would be tricky, at best, to self administer, plus it cost many bags of money. Innovagens Hyluran is the only product I've seen that fits the bill, so far.
Old 07-21-05, 12:17 PM

Banned
oral is not neccesarily worthless - read the last half of House1's post and you will see...

:spank:

http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...ight=colloidal

Last edited by coffee-guy; 07-21-05 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-21-05, 01:18 PM

Superior Newbie
I read it and saw nothing to indicate that this is true. This article deals primarily with glucosamine and chondroitin, and sparsely mentions how they can possibly be a precursor to the synthesis of hyaluronic acid. It says nothing about the effectiveness of direct administration of hyaluronic acid itself. I researched this pretty thoroughly and saw multiple articles saying that oral administration of hyaluronic acid did nothing to improve the synovial climate in joints. IM or IA administation was shown to be effective. The orals are more for skin care, and hyaluronic acid is sometimes used as a botox-like injection into wrinkles.
Old 07-21-05, 01:39 PM

Banned
hey bro -

not discrediting your research on hyaluronic acid...

"having a vested interest in well lubricated joints. Lots of oral products are around, buy the research says for joint help, oral administration is worthless"

I was only trying to say that oral administration for anything that helps the joints is not always worthless. The article also states that the Glucosamine and Chondroitin essentially rebuild the matrix of the joint therfore eliminating the need of lubricants etc in the long run.

Just trying to give my two cents on the matter - everyone seems to be taking me too literally these days - guess that I need to figure that one out about myself.

:cool:
Old 07-21-05, 03:51 PM

Superior Newbie
Sorry. Didn't mean to sound harsh. I was wondering very specifically about HA. I have done glucosamine and chondroitin supplements, as well as MSN, with minimal results. i am hoping if I can score some hyluran from innovagen it will give better results, perhaps in conjunction with the CS and GS as described in the article you referred to.
Old 07-21-05, 03:57 PM

Banned
No problem - Are you having problem with your joints or just wishing to prevent something from heavy weight lifting etc?

:cool:
Old 07-21-05, 04:54 PM

Superior Newbie
I have problems already, and heavy lifting has contributed to them. I currently am recovering from recent shoulder surgery. I had a rotator cuff tear and a bunch of bone spurs, etc. Where the joint lube comes in is a large chondral defect on the ball end of the humerus in the left arm. The slick part is worn and flaked away, leaving a rough patch on the end of the bone. The surgeon ground that down and smoothed up as much as he could but the more lubrication I have in my joints the easier it is going to be to get back to normal, which includes heavy lifting. I've had cartilage scoped out of my knees, too, and they hurt a lot. It might help with that a little, I hope.
Old 07-21-05, 10:20 PM

Banned
I broke both of my legs, collarbone and my left arm almost 10 years ago. I have screws through both of my knee joints, a knee implant in my right leg, rods and pins in / near my femur's, at one point I had pins or a screw in my left elbow (I can't remember) and of course I got 3 different staph infections along the road to recovery. I can feel your pain bro - I am always on the lookout for preventative medicine as I don't experience tooooooooo much pain from working out but I know someday it will hit me pretty hard.

:bawl:

Don't you hate shitty weather - it makes me ache terribly.
Old 07-22-05, 12:04 PM

Superior Newbie
Yes, indeed. ..... the price tag on the recklessness of youth....
Old 07-22-05, 05:22 PM

Administrator
a small dose of deca will do ya..
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-05, 12:30 PM

Superior Newbie
I've considered runnng some deca again. Unfortunately, I don't respond that well to it. I ran it long ago and didn't gain much. I ran it again last year for my knees before my shoulder went south and got minimal results. ROM was better, movement more free, but little help with the pain. I have also found that Innovagen doesn't ship to the states, so I'll have to try something else.
Old 08-14-05, 08:30 PM

Superior Newbie
Have you given any thought to the equine for of hyaluronate sodium "LEGEND"? It is easier to get and is basically the same thing. Also Adequan is the equine form of Alflutop which is another miracle fix for bad joints. I have bad shoulders and knees too. No AC joint in one shoulder anymore and have no cartilage left in one knee... makes squats a bi7ch.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0