SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Anabolic Steroids
Reload this Page Frontloading Basics and Dosages

Anabolic Steroids Steroids, GH, PEDs, & Peptides Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-05, 04:24 PM
Frontloading Basics and Dosages

Superior Pro
Frontloading Basics and Dosages

by Curls4dGirls with contributions by Skyefire and Spidey

The purpose of this thread is to provide some basic information on frontloading, including an explanation of half-lives, differences across esters, and recommended frontloading dosages.

HALF-LIFE BASICS

Each compound includes an ester that, along with other factors, controls the release of the hormone into the system. The rate of release differs by ester and is defined in terms of half-life. The average half-lives of esters are:

ESTER HALF LIFE (days)
Formate 1.5
Acetate 3
Propionate 4.5
Butyrate 6
Valerate 7.5
Hexanoate 9
Caproate 9
Isocaproate 9
Heptanoate 10.5
Enanthate 10.5
Octanoate 12
Cypionate 12
Nonanoate 13.5
Decanoate 15
Undecanoate 16.5

The half-life is the length of time (in days) to release half of the hormone into the system. For example, if 500 mgs of Testosterone Cypionate is administered, in 12 days, on average, 250 mgs of testosterone has been released into the system and 250 mgs of testosterone remains attached to the ester. In another 12 days, an additional 125 mgs (half of the remaining 250 mgs) has been released into the system for a total of 375 mgs released and 125 mgs still attached to the ester. The key detail is that different esters release the hormone into the system at different rates. Therefore, different esters require different frontload dosages.

FRONTLOADING

The purpose of frontloading is to quickly reach the target dosage to more quickly realize the benefits of the AAS. This thread provides instructions to reach 75% of the weekly dosage within the first week

Most people use, as a rule of thumb, twice the weekly dosage (double dosing) in the first week. That works well for esters with a half-life of 10.5 days or less. However, this does not work well for longer esters. Let’s look at EQ as an example. If the intended weekly dosage is 600 mgs, then the frontload dosage, based on double dosing, is 1200 mgs. Although 50% of the intended dosage is reached in the first week, 75% of the intended dosage is not reached until week 4. Without any frontloading, 75% of the intended dosage is reached in week 5. So, while ‘double dosing’ works, the effects diminish with increasing half-life.

EQ Double Dose Values at 600 mgs (1200 mgs in Week 1)

No Frontload
Released… % of Target
Week 1 153… 25%
Week 2 267… 44%
Week 3 352… 59%
Week 4 415… 69%
Week 5 462… 77%
Week 6 497… 83%

Double Dosing
Released… % of Target
Week 1 306… 51%
Week 2 381… 63%
Week 3 437… 73%
Week 4 478… 80%
Week 5 509… 85%
Week 6 532… 89%

The following table includes frontloading dosage to reach 75% of the intended dosage by the end of the first week. The dosages are indexed at 100 mgs / week. To reach your intended dosage, simply multiply the frontload dosage by your weekly dosage divided by 100. For example, if you wanted to run Testosterone Cypionate at 800 mgs / wk, then multiply the frontload dosage of 225 mgs by 8 (800 / 100) for 1800 mgs in week 1.

ESTER FRONTLOAD DOSAGE(mgs)
Formate 100
Acetate 100
Propionate 115
Butyrate 130
Valerate 160
Hexanoate 180
Caproate 180
Isocaproate 180
Heptanoate 200
Enanthate 200
Octanoate 225
Cypionate 225
Nonanoate 250
Decanoate 270
Undecanoate 295

The calculation used is MgDL = MgD * (1/2)^(D/HL), where:

MgDL = Mgs of depot left
MgD = Mgs in depot (total)
D = Days
H = Half-life

Injections for Formate and Acetate are daily. Injections for Propianate are every other day. Injections for Butyrate are every 3 days. All other esters are administered as one injection at the beginning of the week 1. It should be noted that injection frequency does not significantly influence frontloading dosages.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-05, 10:56 PM

Superior Amateur
I'll go do it right now, before my shower...

Where those progress pics???

THEY WEAR OUT!!!
ATG4LYFE!!
Old 03-11-05, 03:02 AM

Superior Pro
very nice bro
Superior Muscle Does not promote the use of anabolic steroids without a doctor's prescription. The information shared is for learning purposes only.

The Administrators, and Moderators of this site are not liable for any injury caused by the misuse of any chemical used for bodybuilding purposes.

1) DO NOT POST ASKING FOR A SOURCE!!!!

2)If you are a source, dont bother posting for business, it is clearly against the board's policy and you will be banned.

3)DO NOT PM OR EMAIL A MOD ABOUT A SOURCE!

Supermod at chemicalfitness.com
Mod at superiormuscle.com
Old 03-11-05, 08:28 AM

VEGETARIAN
Wow, I still don't completely understand it but thats a very informative read, thanks man.

It makes you wonder about when we all quote dosages on an equal amount per week basis, when there is obviousely some accumulation going on throughout the course, we finish up on a much ghigher dosage than we thin, at lease with the longer acting esters.

It would be interesting to try and time jabs so that the mg of compound in your system remained relatively constant instead of accumulating, also this may stem the suppression caused, although it may also stem the gains?
Old 03-11-05, 06:02 PM

Superior Pro
Hey Curls, I have been helping a friend of mine with his first cycle. He is 40 yrs old, never juiced unless you count 2 m1t 4ad cycles end of last year and begining of this one. I convinced him to only run test. He started last week at 500 mgs/wk shots on Sunday and Thursday for his convience. He is really scared of needles.. I had to give him his first shot to show him how and dude hit the floor when he looked down at the needle . lol Anyways do you think it would help to try and frontload his dosage this week or is it too late already? He has had three shots of 250mg. If so I will get him to pin himself tomorrow and Sunday to get to 1000mgs ( that would be his frontload dose by your guidelines).

He is running QV Enanthate 250 ( I dont like QV but he wanted to try it anyway).
Would it b a lost cause in the second week to try and frontload? Just curious? He keeps asking when he will notice something and I keep telling him 4 weeks at least. Thanks

PD
Old 03-11-05, 07:34 PM

Superior Pro
Bump for anyone knowledgeable

PD
Old 03-11-05, 09:33 PM

Superior Pro
pd , just continue him on the 500 mgs aweek bro -
Old 03-11-05, 10:04 PM

Superior Amateur
Quote:
Originally posted by Pumpdogg
Bump for anyone knowledgeable

PD
I dont think this a concept meant for newbies AT ALL. You should always know how your body feels about a certain chemical before you go introducing great amounts of them to it.
Old 03-11-05, 10:15 PM

Superior Pro
Thanks House and Diamond. I did not want to screw him up or cut him short either. Thanks for the replys

PD
Old 03-11-05, 11:36 PM

Superior Pro
I agree with House and DCC ...
Old 03-11-05, 11:38 PM

Superior Admiral
wheres phenylpropionate on the list?
Old 03-12-05, 02:21 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally posted by stonecold54
wheres phenylpropionate on the list?
The same as propionate bro.
Old 03-12-05, 08:01 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally posted by Skyefire
The same as propionate bro.
:( really I though it would be slightly longer, oh well
Old 03-14-05, 03:19 PM
the same

Superior Newbie
:agree:
Old 05-02-05, 08:55 PM

Superior Newbie
Good info to have, wanted to know exactly how that worked.
Old 05-03-05, 10:40 AM

Superior Pro
nice work, curls :cool:

"Mister, we deal in lead."
- Steve McQueen, in The Magnificent Seven
Old 05-03-05, 07:16 PM
well thought out curls!

Superior Newbie
Good post bro... very well thought out... alot of people can learn alot from that one!! good calculations, too!

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0