SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Anabolic Steroids
Reload this Page Accecptable age for AAS? and Actual age?

Anabolic Steroids Steroids, GH, PEDs, & Peptides Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-05, 04:51 PM
Accecptable age for AAS? and Actual age?

Superior Newbie
I'm very curious to see what everyone thinks what an acceptable for beggining AAS is? and also to see what the actual age was when you jumped in on it? I started researching AAS around 18 but have never come close to them yet, just imagining the possibilities. Lets just assume the person has been lifting for at least 4 years prior, Diet is in check and is done growing heighth wise.

Accecptable=?

Actual=?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-05, 05:18 PM

Superior Admiral
i think being 18 is too young.

I started at 18 and wished I could have waited at least when i was 21 or so. I did not have the knowledge I have now and knew less about steroids, cycles, stacks, etc. I only knew on what my friends knew. First cycle I did 250 mgs of sostenon for about 8 weeks. I went from 165-190 or so. Diet wasnt all there, I did gain but alot of fat too.

You really need to know what your doing and taking. Its not about taking steroids and BOOM, you grow. Like people I talk to, think steroids are a miracle drug. Taking steroids is not all about taking them and growing. It takes hard work, lots of eating(right stuff), training, and proper rest.

Thats why its good when the guys tell people here asking for advice to do a search or read more on then before trying them, its for thier own benefit and get good results out of it. Its good to ask questions, which i dont mind answering if i have had experience on it.

I say its like taking an ex-finals without studying, whats gonna happen. Most probably fail it. Its best to study and pass, same goes with steroids know what your doing, what your taking, and be prepared for gaining and keeping it.
Old 07-05-05, 10:21 PM

Superior Vet
It depends on the person.. You'll get a guy who just wants to blow up on his first run, yet ham&egg his training/diet/rest at any age.. On the other side, you'll get a guy who's trained 10+yrs, yet still doesn't have the drive to go further..

You really gotta have a reality check with yourself first, before you figure a 12wk run is a no-brainer, research or not.. ;)
Old 07-07-05, 07:31 AM

Superior Pro
18 is too young IMO. your body is already in growth mode naturally. sure, gear will speed up your gains but i dont think it should be used until your near your genetic potential and at 18 your body is still growing and filling out no where close.

be patient

njjuicer-2004

MOD@WCBB
MOD@CF
Old 07-07-05, 12:37 PM

Superior Newbie
Well, I would say at least 21, hell maybe more like 25-26.

I started at 31!
Old 07-07-05, 04:15 PM

Superior Pro
Maybe if you get bloodwork done and actually see if your natural test levels are lower than the norm for your age you can then make a reasonable determination if AAS are right for you. If you're between 18 & 24 and your test levels are still pretty high then why would you want to spend on extraneous test that your body is already making plenty of to see gains? Put that money towards some good food instead. If however, your test levels are lower than the norm than perhaps AAS will benefit you if used properly with PCT.

The other consideration is have you given your natural training an honest chance first? In other words, have you been eating enough calories to gain, are you really working out to your max potential, have you been allowing yourself proper rest periods between training sessions? etc... These are things that require a good hard look at first before determining if it's time for AAS. BigPeteFox has framed the argument correctly when he says to do a reality check first.

"Mister, we deal in lead."
- Steve McQueen, in The Magnificent Seven
Old 07-07-05, 04:25 PM

Controversial Supplement Guru
Topics like this always crack me up.... people say "21" or even "20". AAS isnt like getting your driver's license. So, you can begin a cycle the day of your 21st birthday and be safe? Why not a week before you turn 21? There is no set day, or year. You have to look at your body's maturation and your level of health and finally, why you are not growing otherwise. I love when people get on here and other boards and say "Im ready to start a cycle, can you review it?" and I ask... whats your diet like? And 99% of the time, their diet is God-awful. People could save money, potential side effects and legal risks by having a solid diet, but that takes too much time, effort and responsibility, so why not go after the miracle pill instead? Im not knocking AAS in the least, just the majority of the beginners.

But to answer your question, research has shown that complete stability of the endocrine system and total maturation of the liver is not reached until around the age of 24. This does not mean that on your 24th birthday your liver is officially mature and your hormone and glands are fully matured.

Best of luck in your decision.
Old 07-07-05, 04:46 PM

Superior Newbie
I never said I was 18, i said I've been researching and reading up on Steroids since I was 18. I'm 22 now so I Know the basics but there is alot I don't know as well because I have no real experience with them, just what I have been able to learn off of sites and forums. I also agree that 25 or after is probably when a person could begin experimenting with different steroids but being 22 I feel that my bones are done growing and I'm at an accecptable height 5'11. sure I could probably gain quite a bit with 3 years until I'm 25 but Damn I really want to accelerate my gains, isn't that a main reason alot of people use them? I realized when I was 18 that that would have been too young to begin and I'm glad I didn't just jump into it. thanks for all the feedback
Old 07-07-05, 05:12 PM

Controversial Supplement Guru
Dont get me wrong, you sound like an intelligent researcher, but bone growth is only a fraction of the equation. If you feel youe ready and know enough, by all means go for it.... Im not one to tell you what to do and to be very blunt, I could care less, just offering some debatable advice.
Old 07-07-05, 05:12 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardgainer04
I also agree that 25 or after is probably when a person could begin experimenting with different steroids but being 22 I feel that my bones are done growing and I'm at an accecptable height 5'11. sure I could probably gain quite a bit with 3 years until I'm 25 but Damn I really want to accelerate my gains, isn't that a main reason alot of people use them? I realized when I was 18 that that would have been too young to begin and I'm glad I didn't just jump into it. thanks for all the feedback

Re-read what YJ said, it's not just about your bone growth. It's not as much about that than it is everything else when your younger either. Yes people use it to accelerate the gains. Used properly though is to accelrate gains after you body is done doing it on it's own.
Old 07-08-05, 07:49 PM

Banned
Im 24 and i just did a beginner cycle. It would have been stupid to start any earlier.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0