SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Anabolic Steroids
Reload this Page Six Individuals and Two Companies Charged in Illegal Dietary Supplement Scheme

Anabolic Steroids Steroids, GH, PEDs, & Peptides Discussion

rado
Old 03-14-19, 06:36 PM
Six Individuals and Two Companies Charged in Illegal Dietary Supplement Scheme

Founding Member
Ummm...yea, I know 2 of these clowns lmao.....omfg I'm literally like W.T.F!?!?

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/six-i...plement-scheme

Six people and two Florida corporations were charged in an indictment for their roles in a scheme to distribute illegal dietary supplements, the Department of Justice announced today.

Phillip Braun, 38, of Boca Raton, Florida, Aaron Singerman, 39, of Delray Beach, Florida, Robert DiMaggio, 49, of Henderson, Nevada, Anthony Ventrella, 41, of Boynton Beach, Florida, David Winsauer, 32, of Boca Raton, Florida, and James Boccuzzi, 34, of Parkland, Florida, were charged in a 14-count indictment that was returned by a federal grand jury in Miami, Florida on March 7, 2019, and was unsealed today.* The indictment also charged Blackstone Labs and Ventech Labs, two Florida limited liability companies in Palm Beach County, Florida.

The indictment alleges that the defendants sold hundreds of thousands of illegal products, including anabolic steroids, nationwide and internationally, fraudulently representing that those products and pills were high-quality, legal dietary supplements.* According to the indictment, the defendants created an illicit manufacturing company and routed sales of illegal products through trusted distributors, knowing that the products were unsafe or could not legally be sold to consumers.

“Fraud by supplement manufacturers and distributors is extremely dangerous for consumers, who rightly assume that a dietary supplement product sold in stores or online will not contain unapproved drugs,” said Assistant Attorney General Jody Hunt for the Department of Justice’s Civil Division. “These products are not safe and that is why we will continue to aggressively pursue and prosecute those who import, manufacture, and distribute dangerous and illegal ingredients for fraudulent purposes.”

“Consumers who use dietary supplements expect those products to be safe. When they contain drugs that are not FDA-approved, the health of the public is put at risk,” said Catherine A. Hermsen, Acting Director, FDA Office of Criminal Investigations. “We will continue to pursue and bring to justice those who place consumers’ health in jeopardy.”
All of the defendants were charged with one count of a conspiracy to defraud consumers and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) by selling products labeled as dietary supplements that contained unapproved new drugs, illegal steroids, and other ingredients that were hazardous and prohibited by law.*

The indictment also charges Braun, an owner of Blackstone Labs, and Singerman, a former company owner, with two counts of introducing a product known as Super DMZ RX 2.0, an unapproved new drug, into interstate commerce.*

The maximum punishment for the conspiracy to defraud is five years in prison and a fine of $250,000 or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense.* The maximum punishment for each of the two counts of introducing an unapproved new drug is three years in prison and a fine of $250,000 or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense.
The indictment further charges Braun, Singerman, and six other defendants with one count of a conspiracy to distribute anabolic steroids, which are Schedule III controlled substances under federal law and which may cause kidney failure, liver damage, and other permanent health problems when misused.*

The indictment alleges that one person suffered serious bodily injury from the use of one of the steroids involved in the conspiracy. *The maximum punishment for the conspiracy to distribute controlled substances is 15 years’ imprisonment and a fine of $500,000 or twice the gross gain or loss from the offense.*

The indictment additionally charges several defendants in three separate counts of distribution of anabolic steroids and charges Ventrella with one count of possession of an anabolic steroid with the intent to distribute.*

The maximum punishment for each count of distribution of a controlled substance and for the count of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute is 10 years in prison and a fine of $500,000.* Finally, Braun and Singerman are each charged with three counts of money laundering.*

The maximum punishment for each money laundering charge is 10 years in prison and a fine of $250,000 or twice the amount of the property involved in the money laundering transaction.

“Illegal dietary supplements pose a public health risk,” stated U.S. Attorney Fajardo Orshan.* “The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida and our partners at the Food and Drug Administration strive to ensure that consumers are fully apprised of the ingredients contained in the substances they are ingesting.* Those who attempt to circumvent the law and create a public safety hazard will be held accountable.”

This case is being prosecuted by Trial Attorneys Alistair Reader and David Frank of the Department of Justice’s Consumer Protection Branch, with assistance from Daren Grove, Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of Florida.*

The case was investigated by FDA’s Office of Criminal Investigations with assistance from Sarah Hawkins of the Office of Chief Counsel.An indictment merely alleges that crimes have been committed. All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Additional information about the Consumer Protection Branch and its enforcement efforts may be found at*http://www.justice.gov/civil/consume...ction-branch.* For more information about the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Florida, visit its website at*https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
mjrpwrlfting
Old 03-14-19, 06:39 PM

Superior Newbie
Well, they must have been selling legit stuff for the government to get involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rado
Old 03-14-19, 07:23 PM

Founding Member
Originally Posted by mjrpwrlfting View Post
Well, they must have been selling legit stuff for the government to get involved.

Lol...it doesn't need to be legit to be busted or feds to be involved.

That lab was mediocre at best.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mjrpwrlfting
Old 03-14-19, 07:44 PM

Superior Newbie
I used the anti-estrogen. It worked well.

rado
Old 03-15-19, 04:34 AM

Founding Member

Oh really?

What brand was it or what was the name they used for it?
mjrpwrlfting
Old 03-15-19, 08:51 AM

Superior Newbie
Oh wait, Iron mag labs “E-control”. That may not be the same. Are they the same owners?

Bouncer
Old 03-15-19, 09:04 AM

Administrator

they are the guys that sponsored Jason Genova and currently sponsor Palumbos RX muscle and nicks strength youtube channels. surprise surpirse Palumbo and Nick have said nothing so far. any other big bust like this in the bodybuilding world Dave and Nick would have immediately reported on it like a fly on shit!
Bouncer
Old 03-15-19, 09:09 AM

Administrator
Boca Raton, Fl., March 14, 2019 /Prnewswire/ — Blackstone Labs Responds To The Governments “Salacious Charges” Against It By Assuring Its Customers It Will Mount A Vigorous Defense Of The Products Previously Sold By Blackstone Years Ago. The Indictment Does Not Include Any Of Blackstone Labs Current Products With The Exception Of Euphoria-Rx, Which Was Reformulated Years Ago And No Longer Contains Picamilon.

It Is Blackstone’s Belief That The Government Is Overreaching In This Case And It Is No Clearer Than The Charges Brought Against The Dietary Ingredient Picamilon. Picamilon Is Made Up From The Dietary Ingredients Niacin And Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid. As Relevant Here, The Act Defines “Dietary Supplement” As A Product (Besides Tobacco) That Is “Intended To Supplement The Diet” And That Contains One Or More Of The Following “Dietary Ingredients”: (A) A Vitamin; (B) A Mineral; (C) An Herb Or Other Botanical; (D) An Amino Acid; (E) A Dietary Substance For Use By Man To Supplement The Diet By Increasing The Total Dietary Intake; Or (F) A Concentrate, Metabolite, Constituent, Extract, Or Combination Of Any Ingredient Described In Clause (A), (B), (C), (D), Or (E). Picamilon Is Clearly A Dietary Supplement And Not Illegal As It Is Made Up A Vitamin (Niacin) And An Amino Acid (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid).

Blackstone Is Fighting Back. In December, Blackstone Sued The Federal Government For Return Of Seizure Of Lawful Dietary Supplements, Charging That Prosecutors Were Abusing Their Power, Bullying The Company To Force It To Surrender Its First Amendment Right To Distribute These Dietary Supplements. But Don’t Tell That To The U.S. Justice Department. Blackstone And Several Of Its Key Executives, Including Ceo PJ Braun, And Former Employees Declared This Week That They Are Prepared To Battle The Federal Government Over The Sale And Distribution Of Its Dietary Supplements.

“The Alternative Is Death, The Death Of The Business,” Braun Said. “We Will Continue To Defend This Company And Fight The Federal Government Until My Money Runs Out. We’re Quite Confident, We’re Angry, But We’re Not Scared.”
mjrpwrlfting
Old 03-15-19, 09:15 AM

Superior Newbie
I can’t wait for GNC to be indicted... oh wait they sell trash ingredients with shiny labels. I guess you can defraud a person with snake oil.

Ashop
Old 03-15-19, 12:10 PM

Superior Pro

Did it contain Arimistane?
mjrpwrlfting
Old 03-15-19, 01:42 PM

Superior Newbie
N-Acetyl L-Cysteine 250mg
Cholorophytum Borililanium 50% 250mg

piratex
Old 03-24-19, 09:16 AM

Superior Pro
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
lol Braun and Singerman.

they are the guys that sponsored Jason Genova and currently sponsor Palumbos RX muscle and nicks strength youtube channels. surprise surpirse Palumbo and Nick have said nothing so far. any other big bust like this in the bodybuilding world Dave and Nick would have immediately reported on it like a fly on shit!
Jon Bravo made a video talking about this same issue with palumbo
Bouncer
Old 03-24-19, 09:19 AM

Administrator
Originally Posted by piratex View Post
Jon Bravo made a video talking about this same issue with palumbo
Post it

Sent from my Moto G7 using Tapatalk