SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Competitive Bodybuilding
Reload this Page BIG RAMY NEW MR OLYMPIA 2017

Competitive Bodybuilding Contest Prep & Bodybuilding Discussion

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-17, 03:14 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Anyone know what happened to Victor? He got a "did not finish". Wonder if he had a health issue.
He posed in prejudging I saw and he actually looked decent.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-17, 05:03 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapsBrah View Post
He posed in prejudging I saw and he actually looked decent.
Which is why I ask what the hell happened? I'm guessing another health emergency that we will hear about in a few years about how he nearly died or some shit.
Old 09-17-17, 10:42 PM

Founding Member

Old 09-18-17, 05:56 AM

Administrator
If they can get Ramy to look the same way he looks in his gym pics on stage he will win with ease. But like I said, he never seems able to match that freak factor version of himself on stage. After watching the finals I have to admit that he didn't really overwhelm Heath aside from a few poses. Heath (especially in motion) has more "pop" and 3D look to his muscle whereas Ramy just looked big but no pop in comparison.

I still wanna know why Curry was placed so shitty. He looked amazing. He pissed someone off.
chuckz28 likes this.
Old 09-18-17, 06:49 AM

Founding Member
Curry looked good. I think if he can get his water manipulation a little better and add a little bit more to his biceps then he can jump up a few spots. He just looked a tad watery imo.

I bet the Tanner and oil they put on is getting partially absorbed because when Curry and Ramy don't have that shiny shit on them they look dry and grainy. I know dex said something in a video about tanning way early so you have time to drop some of the water that gets absorbed during tanning.
Old 09-18-17, 12:35 PM

Administrator
chuck which version of ramy you think was better? this year or last year. i know he placed higher this year but I almost think he was better last year. definitely a better midsection. prejudging last year he was flat but the night show I thought he looked damn good.
Old 09-18-17, 01:01 PM

Administrator
The definitive final no bullshit conclusion of the Mr O from the biggest expert in the fitness/bodybuilding community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kltakM2aKg0
Old 09-18-17, 02:44 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
chuck which version of ramy you think was better? this year or last year. i know he placed higher this year but I almost think he was better last year. definitely a better midsection. prejudging last year he was flat but the night show I thought he looked damn good.
I think Ramy was better on the final day last year. Showing the leg striations was sweet. I think he should find a good happy ground in between the two and work on his whole backside. If his back had more pop and definition and hamstrings the same way I think he would win easy. He needs to nail that conditioning though. He may win next year.

I think Phil might have just won his last sandow. He might tie at 8 if he's lucky but no way he is beating the record. It's downhill from here and all the new guys are getting better. Dex and Shawn probably won't place top 10 within a year or two either.
Bouncer likes this.

Last edited by chuckz28; 09-18-17 at 04:21 PM.
Old 09-18-17, 03:53 PM

Administrator
I'll tell you who will probably win 10. Flex Lewis. Nobody is even close to him in 212. Just standing relaxed he murders them all.
chuckz28 likes this.
Old 09-18-17, 04:21 PM

Founding Member
Yeah Flex has that weight class wrapped up. He's got it so dialed in he can do the same thing year after year without improving anything.
Old 09-18-17, 04:23 PM

Administrator
lot of the 212 guys had big time bubble guts.
Old 09-18-17, 04:33 PM

Administrator
Phil is insecure as fuck. A 7 time champ should not behave like this. Very unlikable. This vid feels like a meltdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOloaIzd4W4
Old 09-18-17, 06:43 PM

Administrator
PHIL HEATH deserved to win OLYMPIA 2017 despite his gut : DENNIS JAMES

DENNIS JAMES gives his honest opinion regarding 7 times MR OLYMPIA PHIL HEATH vs BIG RAMY battle.. and how PHIL HEATH`S bubble gut affected his performance and should the gut be taken into account in MR OLYMPIA placings

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ShgSjC35E
Old 09-18-17, 07:30 PM

Founding Member
I think I agree with DJ on most all of his points there. I think he's giving Phil a little too much in the way of everything being perfect except for his gut. Phil was definitely off this year more than just the gut. He definitely needs to get that cock removed from his belly button though. But yeah I think he's spot on about Ramy.
Old 09-19-17, 08:56 PM

Founding Member
Mr Olympia trophy has been redesigned lol.
Bouncer and chuckz28 like this.
Old 09-20-17, 09:01 AM

Administrator
Back when Phil Heath had an inspirational and great physique. This version his long gone. Yes he is bigger now but he is not better. Anyone that thinks his current version is better needs some bifocals. People get so caught up in shit like "paper thin skin".. "shredded glutes".. etc.. but they forget the bigger picture. it should be about who has the best overall body. Chuck you know damn well you'd rather look like this version of Phil rather than his current version.

chuckz28 likes this.
Old 09-20-17, 12:05 PM

Founding Member
Yeah no doubt. There is that barrier somewhere where they go from looking fantastic to massive ribcage and massive guts for just a little extra muscle everywhere else and the trade-off is not worth it.

I think this is where classic physique can fill that spot but the IFBB keeps it so far removed by not making it the second or third headline. They should have had it live just before the open class for prejudging and for finals. I want to see more classic and they aren't giving us more.
Old 09-20-17, 02:03 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
Yeah no doubt. There is that barrier somewhere where they go from looking fantastic to massive ribcage and massive guts for just a little extra muscle everywhere else and the trade-off is not worth it.

I think this is where classic physique can fill that spot but the IFBB keeps it so far removed by not making it the second or third headline. They should have had it live just before the open class for prejudging and for finals. I want to see more classic and they aren't giving us more.
i have a serious thought on this. i would bet in that pic phil had not used growth or slin yet. take a look at his face in that pic above. his features were just different. he looks fucken weird now, like pennywise the fucken clown. i think massive gh use does this. i think if gh and slin were taken out of bodybuilding and only steroids were used these guys would look a fuck load better. i think it fucks people up more then we currently know. intestine growth etc..
Old 09-20-17, 02:10 PM

Founding Member
You could be on to something there. I think there is a point of diminishing returns with the drug use and quantity of food intake and once they go past that point there is no return but that point is different for everyone.
Old 09-23-17, 05:15 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
You could be on to something there. I think there is a point of diminishing returns with the drug use and quantity of food intake and once they go past that point there is no return but that point is different for everyone.
wonder if liver strain plays a role. like big lenny for example. he is and extreme case but does the liver only enlarge when its failing or does it enlarge during heavy strain also? you know these guys are using tons of orals on top of injectables..

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0