SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page Chocolate Lab

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-09, 08:27 AM
Chocolate Lab

Superior Freak
Has anyone had one?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 08:30 AM

Administrator
Like willy wonka and the chocolate factory?

No but that would be sweet!
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-09, 08:30 AM

Superior Admiral
As in the dog?
Old 06-19-09, 08:37 AM

Superior Freak
Yea, a Labrador Retriever.
Old 06-19-09, 08:41 AM

Superior Freak
Labrador Retriever - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess I should have been more specific. Has anyone had this type of dog? Good experience / bad? Do they shed (sp?) a lot? Are they extraordinarily needy or could they deal with me being gone 10 hours before I can come back?
Old 06-19-09, 08:53 AM

Superior Admiral
I will let the real dog people get into the life style questions, but I have known a lot of people who have had them. If I were to get a dog (not likely) it would be a lab. I love their personality, they seem very flexible to new situations (new people around, going somewhere other than home) and the ones I have known are great with kids.
Old 06-19-09, 10:26 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieChris View Post
Labrador Retriever - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess I should have been more specific. Has anyone had this type of dog? Good experience / bad? Do they shed (sp?) a lot? Are they extraordinarily needy or could they deal with me being gone 10 hours before I can come back?
a lab is an active dog who needs to be exercised a lot. 10 hours is to long. no active dog should really be left alone for that amount of time during the day. dont get a dog.
Old 06-19-09, 02:00 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
a lab is an active dog who needs to be exercised a lot. 10 hours is to long. no active dog should really be left alone for that amount of time during the day. dont get a dog.
Well, being gone all day doesn't matter anymore. Should I still not get a job?
Old 06-19-09, 02:23 PM

Founding Member
Labs shed alot and they need more exercize than you can give. I think it would be best to not get a dog at this point in your life. You are to young wait untill you settle down and have more time for it.
Very cool dogs though
Old 06-19-09, 02:33 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Well, being gone all day doesn't matter anymore. Should I still not get a job?
what?

you asked if the dog would be fine being left alone for 10 hours during the day. the answer is no.
Old 06-19-09, 02:44 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
what?

you asked if the dog would be fine being left alone for 10 hours during the day. the answer is no.
I feel bad for the dog man. Get a cat, than you can say you got some pussy
Old 06-19-09, 04:41 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
what?

I know, I was confusing. I meant I don't intend to be gone all day anymore.
Old 06-19-09, 04:51 PM

Administrator
Quote:
i just dont know you are a dog person. i think you will be the guy that ends up giving the dog away.
Old 06-19-09, 09:26 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
WTF? at 6;47 today you said you wont be home all day now At 12:00 you said you will be home. in 3hours and 13 mins your whole life changed as it does every day. You are a young kid go out side and play.
Old 06-19-09, 09:51 PM

Superior Admiral
Don't they have those dog foster homes where you rescue a dog and try to place it? I suggest that's what Chris does at least one time to see if he is ready for a dog. I love to play with dogs and think they are great, but I also know I don't want to own one and I know it wouldn't be fair to the dog if I did. You know how some people love being an aunt or uncle, but know they don't want a kid of their own. That's me with dogs.
Old 06-20-09, 06:56 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETW19 View Post
WTF? at 6;47 today you said you wont be home all day now At 12:00 you said you will be home. in 3hours and 13 mins your whole life changed as it does every day. You are a young kid go out side and play.
Old 06-20-09, 06:56 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastafarian View Post
Don't they have those dog foster homes where you rescue a dog and try to place it? I suggest that's what Chris does at least one time to see if he is ready for a dog. I love to play with dogs and think they are great, but I also know I don't want to own one and I know it wouldn't be fair to the dog if I did. You know how some people love being an aunt or uncle, but know they don't want a kid of their own. That's me with dogs.
great idea shib.
Old 06-21-09, 08:05 AM

Superior Newbie
We have a yellow lab and like everyone has already said on the board, they are full of energy and do shed like crazy - especially during the summer. It doesn't how much we sweep the floors - within hours there is yellow hair everywhere. She bounces off the wall, if we don't take to her to the dog park or on a walk everyday.
If you do get a lab, are you going to get a puppy or adopt an older one? If you get a puppy, be prepared for a lot of work and making sure that you are going to be at the house quite a bit. Also, depending on if you plan on crate training the dog, get ready to wake up in the middle of the night to take the puppy oustide to go to the bathroom. Also, as you probably know - labs are chewers, especially as puppies. When we got our lab, she shredded our brand new Pottery Barn L shaped couch - to the point where you could literally crawl inside it. She shredded the hot tub cover, the crowne molding, and even chewed a hole through the drywall. Labs take a lot of work and energy, but at the same time, I wouldn't trade her for any other dog. She is now five years old and is well behaved now - but is still full of energy and bounces off the wall if she doesn't get her exercise. Make sure you do a lot of research not only on the type of dog and personality, but also health issues you need to be aware of, etc.
Old 06-21-09, 08:07 PM

Superior Freak
Now that you asked, i was thinking of adopting an older one, because un-loved dogs make me sad...

And to Bouncer, my family has always had a minimum of two dogs, but never a lab.
Old 06-21-09, 08:11 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Now that you asked, i was thinking of adopting an older one, because un-loved dogs make me sad...

And to Bouncer, my family has always had a minimum of two dogs, but never a lab.
what kind of dogs and what part in there life did you take part in? did you walk them, pick up there shit, take the to the vet etc..?
Old 06-21-09, 08:18 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
what kind of dogs and what part in there life did you take part in? did you walk them, pick up there shit, take the to the vet etc..?
I got a dalmation when I was 3. I had to start taking full time care of him when I was 5-6 ish. That means walk, feeding, all that good stuff. Took him to the vet later in his life and I was the one who had to take him to get him put down when things got really bad.

My Mom has a cocker spaniel poodle who we all take care of, but now I haven't been doing as much because of work. Finally, we 'rescued' a Beagle when I was 16. My brother and I shared the responsibility for him, but he died a few months ago. :(
Old 06-21-09, 08:21 PM

Administrator
hmm, if you tell the truth maybe i underestimate you. just make sure if you are going to be away alot that you dont get a high activity dog.
Old 06-21-09, 08:26 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
hmm, if you tell the truth maybe i underestimate you. just make sure if you are going to be away alot that you dont get a high activity dog.
you = think NewbieChris is spoiled brat. When the truth is I am only spoiled.
Old 06-22-09, 01:47 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
I got a dalmation when I was 3. I had to start taking full time care of him when I was 5-6 ish. That means walk, feeding, all that good stuff. Took him to the vet later in his life and I was the one who had to take him to get him put down when things got really bad.

My Mom has a cocker spaniel poodle who we all take care of, but now I haven't been doing as much because of work. Finally, we 'rescued' a Beagle when I was 16. My brother and I shared the responsibility for him, but he died a few months ago. :(
You walked a dalmation when you were 5 or 6? I call Bull Shit.
Also dogs do need to be walked but a dog like a dalmation and lab need to run

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0