SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page Gripper Suggestions?

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Turbo3000
  • 1 Post By chuckz28

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-15, 11:56 AM
Gripper Suggestions?

Superior Pro
I cannot find my old grippers and have decided to upscale with my new grippers. Any suggestions. I have some other IronMind products and like them, what do you all think about their grippers?

Captains of Crush® Grippers
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-15, 12:18 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidFisherman View Post
I cannot find my old grippers and have decided to upscale with my new grippers. Any suggestions. I have some other IronMind products and like them, what do you all think about their grippers?

Captains of Crush® Grippers
Captains of crush are great.
AvidFisherman likes this.
Old 04-09-15, 01:24 PM

Founding Member
Excellent choice. Captains of Crush are the gold standard for grippers. If you get to the point of being able to close the #3 or higher from a credit card width starting position then you can setup with Ironmind to have a judge and become a certified Captain of Crush. This is my goal. Another good brand is Gillingham High Performance aka GHP. They also have a certification process but it differs. Either way they both are great grippers.
AvidFisherman likes this.
Old 04-09-15, 01:41 PM

VEGETARIAN
They seem to be the best rated
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-15, 02:14 PM

Superior Pro
My old grippers were just some cheap ones I bought at Walmart when I was younger so I could work on my grip for baseball, I cannot remember what lbs they were but I am thinking they were not very much. I am thinking I should probably start out with #1.5 and if that is easy I will either get a #2 or #2.5.

Last edited by AvidFisherman; 04-09-15 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-09-15, 04:27 PM

Founding Member
Typically I recommend 3 grippers to start with. A warm up gripper, working set gripper and goal gripper. Not sure how much grip strength you have but there are few people who can close a #2 with no prior training. I would start with the trainer, 1, and 2 and adjust from there.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0