SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page November 8th - who you got?

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree168Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-16, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Just remember which states voted for who instead of classifying america as a whole as a bunch of dipshits.

Like I said earlier, it's rural America. The north east, the west coast aka the enlightened states did not vote for Trump.

I simply underestimated how many rural dipshits this country has.

I hear what you are saying, B, but other the West and East coasts, the rest of the country went for him.

I am going to be honest here. This has opened my eyes. As a PhD engineer and scientist, I have been in a cocoon. But now, I am looking around. Every white guy I see - i am wondering, did you vote for Trump, and more importantly, what do you see when you see me? A thug, a guy who belongs on the other side of the wall, or a guy who needs to have a few rounds in me, or a bomb dropped on my head? Because clearly, the MAJORITY of white men voted for Trump. The statistics bear that out.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr I View Post
Going forwards it's important as a country you pull behind the work ethic and I think this can work really well.

The guy has done what he needed to win.

I have to say I'm beginning to feel inspired
The guy has done what he needed to win.

Aye, that he has indeed. By appealing to the primal fears of white America, pitting all people of non-European origin as the villains. As uppity blacks, criminal Mexicans or terrorist Muslims.

Now, he says he is going to be a president for everybody and heal the country.

Color me skeptical. But he is in charge. And he has the Senate and Congress with him..

The American people have rolled the dice, giving him the keys to the kingdom. I hope for their sake that they don't lose their shirts.
Old 11-09-16, 03:31 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
I hear what you are saying, B, but other the West and East coasts, the rest of the country went for him.

I am going to be honest here. This has opened my eyes. As a PhD engineer and scientist, I have been in a cocoon. But now, I am looking around. Every white guy I see - i am wondering, did you vote for Trump, and more importantly, what do you see when you see me? A thug, a guy who belongs on the other side of the wall, or a guy who needs to have a few rounds in me, or a bomb dropped on my head? Because clearly, the MAJORITY of white men voted for Trump. The statistics bear that out.
I think that's a bit unfair and dramatic honestly.

This is the same country that elected a black President for 2 terms.
Old 11-09-16, 03:37 AM

I'm just telling you how I feel. And I can only imagine how minorities without the advantages I have been fortunate enough to enjoy feel.
Old 11-09-16, 03:49 AM

Administrator
And just nevermind the fact that us bad ole whites voted for a black President twice? Bit disappointed in your view to be honest. Dare I say you're actually being a bit racist here?

Trump will be President and suddenly your looking at ALL white people with mistrust.... Interesting and disappointing..

You're just telling us how you feel but what you feel is racism my friend.
Old 11-09-16, 03:57 AM

Don't take it personally. But if not you, perhaps anyone else who voted for him can say how they really feel about minorities in this country. Because 3/4 of white men voted for the guy. And either you buy into his views on minorities, or you were able to compartmentalize it somehow and say, well, I'll take this thing that he says because I like it, but I will ignore this other thing even though it is grotesque. And when I say "you" I use it genericall as a pronoun.

Forgive me if I feel a bit disappointed in my country this evening.
Old 11-09-16, 04:06 AM

Administrator
Racism played a massive roll in this election. I am with you 100%. To deny that would be ridiculous.

But damn scrum, you are answering racism with racism here brother.

Would you really look at me and say "I wonder if he wants me behind a wall"!?
Old 11-09-16, 04:10 AM

Quote:

You're just telling us how you feel but what you feel is racism my friend.
That is valid and unfair at the same time.

Yes, it is irrational and it is something I will eliminate because I can't go on that way.

But at the same time, to call me a racist for calling out guys will voted for a raging racist demagogue is rich. The future of minorities in this country is very much under threat. Whether you are a person of color, or LGBT, or a woman, you have every right to look nervously at what a Trump administration is cooking up for you.
dna9488 likes this.
Old 11-09-16, 04:13 AM

Superior Amateur
Congrats to president Trump.

Scrum, the data is showing Trump won because of the Bernie supporters. Those losers chose to vote for him or a 3rd party to prove a point. The DNC email hack by Russia to show what they did to Bernie was a genius move by Putin. It worked.

I'm not surprised some of the swing states went to Trump, but Wisconsin and Michigan? Come on you've got to be kidding me. That's shocking.

Looks like Hillary is going to win the popular vote. Could you imagine the uprising and riots if Trump won the popular vote but lost the electoral college? Could you imagine all the "rigged system" screams?
Old 11-09-16, 04:15 AM

Superior Amateur
I hope you guys don't have much in the stock market or in your 401k. It's absolutely fucking tanking right now. Good Luck to you all and congrats to Trump. The white men and the bernie losers have spoken.
Old 11-09-16, 04:19 AM

Administrator
Stock markets around the world are tanking. Mexico is in a panic.
Old 11-09-16, 04:20 AM

VEGETARIAN
It's a democrack and the people have voted
Old 11-09-16, 04:22 AM

Superior Amateur
I actually agree with Bouncer about Scrum sounding like a racist himself. That was a really good point I wouldn't have picked up on. Sounded hypocritical. Maybe we all have a bit of racism in us, maybe it's just human nature and we should accept it instead of suppress it.
Old 11-09-16, 04:25 AM

VEGETARIAN
No I have scrums back here, it's not the same thing. He "feels" marginalised and he's being open about it. Let's not jump on him for it
Old 11-09-16, 04:36 AM

VEGETARIAN
Here you go scrum https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=N3Hw_Z02o5g
Old 11-09-16, 06:08 AM

VEGETARIAN
How to move to Canada and become a Canadian citizen - Business Insider
Old 11-09-16, 06:11 AM

Founding Member
Let me quote all those who said Trump wouldn't what??? Oh wait, nevermind we won! But oh wait, let's see what other posts can be posted on how we're so fucked right? Smh
lipripper likes this.
Old 11-09-16, 06:34 AM

Founding Member
Didn't see that one coming. Well I'm grasping at straws here for any positives. I doubt things will be as bad as the left says it will, just the same as it wasn't as bad as the right said it would be under Obama. Maybe this will be a chance to put some lifetime politicians in check from an outsider perspective, even on the right since the moron doesn't have much support from the establishment. Also we don't have to deal with the Clintons or Bushes anymore, at least for this generation. I honestly doubt he will get much done either when he starts dealing with red tape.

Btw for anyone thinking he will shrink the government I've got news for you. Won't happen. Hell, they'll have to come up with a new agency just to keep him in check as far as conflict of interest is concerned with all his business ventures.
Old 11-09-16, 07:29 AM

Superior Freak
Quote:
Hilary is the new President. Soon as West Coast numbers are in. The world can thank California with its 55 electorial votes for saving the day.

:grin::grin::grin:
Chadd77, rado and TrapsBrah like this.
Old 11-09-16, 07:51 AM

Superior Freak
Quote:
Hilary has the deal sealed at this point. Trump made it easy. His votes will come from the meaningless deep south states where people's IQ levels begin with a decimal point. Hilary will have the rest of the country. Not that anyone is enthusiastic about her but she's the turd that stinks the least in this circus.

Hilary = 4 years of nothingness.

Trump = 4 years of embarrassment.

Yo bro....seems as if your predictions were just a tad off...:thumb:
rado likes this.
Old 11-09-16, 08:46 AM

Founding Member
everyone is butt hurt lmao

the guy won a tough battle, give credit where it's due. now for those who continue to talk bs, i will for sure remind you of your nonsense when he does great things.

all of you posting nonsense on how he had zero chance, not going to win, he's not wanted in the office, etc...well stfu now.
obscured78 and TrapsBrah like this.
Old 11-09-16, 08:52 AM

Founding Member
Hillary Clinton Supporters Leave New York Election Night Party In Tears | Huffington Post

first ten seconds of this video lmao this is MOST of you on here ha ha

Old 11-09-16, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
I hope you guys don't have much in the stock market or in your 401k. It's absolutely fucking tanking right now. Good Luck to you all and congrats to Trump. The white men and the bernie losers have spoken.
Anybody with any sense has money in stocks. It's what makes money in the long run. Markets will recover. Don't go liquidate your portfolio because of this.
Chadd77, lipripper and rado like this.
Old 11-09-16, 09:19 AM

Let me say a couple of things. First, what I said was that given how many white men voted for Trump, I can't help but wonder how many of them espouse the same views about minorities as Trump does. It was easy for me to see some of the nuts screaming nasty things at Trump rallies and think, well, that's a fringe element, but given how solid his support was among while men in general, it makes me wonder what they really think. The thought doesn't make me racist, acting on it does. I'm now going to treat anybody differently as a result.
Old 11-09-16, 09:47 AM

VEGETARIAN
Quote:
Let me say a couple of things. First, what I said was that given how many white men voted for Trump, I can't help but wonder how many of them espouse the same views about minorities as Trump does. It was easy for me to see some of the nuts screaming nasty things at Trump rallies and think, well, that's a fringe element, but given how solid his support was among while men in general, it makes me wonder what they really think. The thought doesn't make me racist, acting on it does. I'm now going to treat anybody differently as a result.
On reflection I honestly think your thoughts there are misslaid. People just hated the establishment
lipripper likes this.
Old 11-09-16, 09:55 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Anybody with any sense has money in stocks. It's what makes money in the long run. Markets will recover. Don't go liquidate your portfolio because of this.
if anything, buy now since it is cheap and reap later.

but those who say to liquidate are the same people who also lost, totally understandable.

Market will do great once this settles. Everyone is in shock, everyone was positively sure Trump would not win, etc...Well it's a new time/era and we need some change. Although I cringe at times knowing Trump has no filter, I also do like he says it like it is, like it or not.

I'm excited and those who are not, so sorry:wave:
Old 11-09-16, 11:11 AM

Superior Admiral
I'm honestly not surprised at Trump winning. Maryland is a Democratic state, so even if i voted for a non Democratic candidate, it wouldn't have mattered.

There was an interesting poll yesterday on MSNBC stating the majority of people who voted for Trump are white males with no college education. That is alarming, I was expecting more Americans to be smarter than that, and to have gotten an Associate's degree at the minimum. It really shows you majority of White men in this country are not educated and mostly likely have the mentality of the 1940s male. It also shows how quickly 'they are' to blame other people (minorities) for taking jobs and destroying America. Where in fact they aren't taking responsibility for educating themselves and coming up with current times. They're looking for a scapegoat, and Trump has provided that so well.
Old 11-09-16, 11:42 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dna9488 View Post
I'm honestly not surprised at Trump winning. Maryland is a Democratic state, so even if i voted for a non Democratic candidate, it wouldn't have mattered.

There was an interesting poll yesterday on MSNBC stating the majority of people who voted for Trump are white males with no college education. That is alarming, I was expecting more Americans to be smarter than that, and to have gotten an Associate's degree at the minimum. It really shows you majority of White men in this country are not educated and mostly likely have the mentality of the 1940s male. It also shows how quickly 'they are' to blame other people (minorities) for taking jobs and destroying America. Where in fact they aren't taking responsibility for educating themselves and coming up with current times. They're looking for a scapegoat, and Trump has provided that so well.
I find it interesting that those who have a higher education(i do have my own BA from USF)...but in any case, they seem to put those down who don't have an education? As if an education dictates of who you are or can be? just because you had many voters who are not educated, or like you said...a minimum of an AA degree, shouldn't make them any less of your or my vote, period.

to bash those who don't have an education, well about 98% of members here don't have any themselves yet wanted clinton in office, so yeah
Old 11-09-16, 11:43 AM

Founding Member
Quote:

this shows nothing but ignorance and you nor myself are better than those you speak of.
Old 11-09-16, 11:45 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Cos I don't like to spend money on expensive cars. I'd rather invest it to save for my retirement.
you can clearly do both...
Old 11-09-16, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
you can clearly do both...
My ST cost $23K. That's enough for the 40 min of driving I do every day.
Chadd77 likes this.
Old 11-09-16, 11:52 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
My ST cost $23K. That's enough for the 40 min of driving I do every day.
not bashing you, just making a statement that making money, investing and owning nice things, is possible...and when i say possible, i also do mean still saving, stocks, bonds, etc.

nothing wrong with having an average car and making great money, been there myself.

but again, a fucking piece of metal also doesn't and should not correlate with someones wealth or financial stance.
Scrumhalf and chuckz28 like this.
Old 11-09-16, 12:04 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
Eh bitcoin is where it's at and it's up since yesterday. :thumb:
Old 11-09-16, 12:17 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
this shows nothing but ignorance and you nor myself are better than those you speak of.
Think about it man. With this day and age you can get a degree online or even pursue a higher education. With the convenience of that, you would expect more Americans to be educated higher than a high school diploma.

I'm trying to be ignorant, just stating an opinion
Old 11-09-16, 01:25 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Think about it man. With this day and age you can get a degree online or even pursue a higher education. With the convenience of that, you would expect more Americans to be educated higher than a high school diploma.

I'm trying to be ignorant, just stating an opinion
This is for everyone not just danica.

It's important to remember something here. You're speaking about "Americans" as a whole and calling them dumb and racist. What did you say when the very same America voted an educated black man into office for 8 years?

There can be no doubt that a large majority of trump supporters are racist idiots but it's unfair and frankly racist to point your finger and say "it was the dumb white male that put trump in office".

Hilary didn't inspire people like Obama was able to. The same numbers that showed up to vote for Obama didn't show up for Hilary. Even in states like California or New York who voted for hilary, the numbers were nowhere close to Obamas numbers.

So instead of making stupid racist statements like "it was the dumb white male who put Trump in office". Maybe we should be saying "It was the rest of the population that didn't show up in support for Hilary that put trump in the white house.."

That simple fact is this. Racist or not, trump supporters were more passionate and dedicated to him then Hilary supporters were for her..
Old 11-09-16, 01:37 PM

Founding Member
Quote:

That simple fact is this. Racist or not, trump supporters were more passionate and dedicated to him then Hilary supporters were for her..
:thumb:this
Old 11-09-16, 01:49 PM

Founding Member
I was so happy when it was announced that Hillary lost. Not ecstatic that Trump won but that Hillary lost.
lipripper, rado and piratex like this.
Old 11-09-16, 01:55 PM

Administrator
Interesting note. Hilary actually won the popular vote (total amount of votes). She just lost too many key states.
dna9488 likes this.
Old 11-09-16, 02:20 PM

Superior Freak
Funny How "white" people who voted for Trump are racists...but blacks who voted for Obama aren't.... I never looked at either mans color of their skin...but the policies that they tried to work with or will try to ... But I guess that makes me a racist in many peoples eyes.... that's pretty fucking sad...I grew up where we were all pretty much green and brought together for a single cause..our country...:thumb: So the whole collage educated thought this isn't worth a shit if you cant tell the difference but "go with the flow" if you will...:thumb:
Chadd77, rado, TrapsBrah and 1 others like this.
Old 11-09-16, 02:58 PM

I fear I may have posted something that either I may not have communicated well, or is being misinterpreted.

I am not white. I think that is abundantly clear to anyone who has been on this site for a while.

I have been increasingly concerned about the tone of Trump's campaign as far as minorities are concerned. And not just that, his reluctance to disavow radical and white supremacist organizations have emboldened them greatly. To a point that they spout their harmful rhetoric openly. I think this is incredibly dangerous to the country and should be unequivocally rejected by any politician. I feel that Trump has created a divide with minorities. His job now is to bring us back into the fold. How he is going to do that, I don't know. But we are not going anywhere, and he needs to, for the sake of the country.

That being said, I am not accusing any person of racism. I am sorry if my comment came across that way. All I am saying is that for the first time in my life, I am unsure how the average guy on the street views me. Is he accepting, or is is secretly wondering what the hell I am doing in his America? And that is a feeling that Trump has created, and it is his job to dispel. And trust me, every person of color feels that way to some extent.

Last edited by Scrumhalf; 11-09-16 at 03:04 PM.
Old 11-09-16, 03:14 PM

Administrator
Scrum you're a rich educated Indian fella in upper class suburbia with a view of a fucken mountain. Stop comparing yourself to black fellas in the ghetto. You are as much a "person of color" as Colin Powell is...

Now Dana on the other hand... us whites have our eye on you Muslim.. .. ;)
Old 11-09-16, 03:32 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
Funny How "white" people who voted for Trump are racists...but blacks who voted for Obama aren't...
the difference being trump used words of hate to get there. can you seriously not see the difference? you dumb white hick fuck. i should punch you in your fucken ears.
Old 11-09-16, 03:48 PM

VEGETARIAN
Thus must be SM everyone's arguing over nothing
Old 11-09-16, 03:55 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr I View Post
Thus must be SM everyone's arguing over nothing
your definition of nothing is interesting. what qualifies as something? your bodybuilding show at the end of the last century?
redback likes this.
Old 11-09-16, 04:12 PM

Administrator
Btw Frank, you should be ashamed of Michigan...
Old 11-09-16, 06:31 PM

Administrator
dna9488, BEAST and piratex like this.
Old 11-10-16, 09:47 AM

Superior Freak
Quote:
the difference being trump used words of hate to get there. can you seriously not see the difference? you dumb white hick fuck. i should punch you in your fucken ears.
YEA YEA..LETS SEE... I'm a deplorable southerner clinging to my bible and my guns right????? Big fucking difference you dip shit...
Old 11-10-16, 10:45 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Here's a better view of the map:

dna9488 and lipripper like this.
Old 11-10-16, 11:03 AM

VEGETARIAN
I just look forward to his trade deals with the new UK post brexit
Old 11-10-16, 11:52 AM

Most of those red squares have only sagebrush and a couple of jackrabbits living in them.
piratex likes this.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0