SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page Gun Thread

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-17, 09:23 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post

And B, don't ever trade a gun. Keep it and buy another one! If you want save a couple bucks look at something lightly used on armslist. It's like craigslist but for guns. I've bought a few like that and was able to save hundreds of dollars.
i have bad OCD about certain things. i'm the opposite of a collector whatever the word is for that. i'm like that with everything. like if i had tons of money i would never have a fleet of cars. i would have 1 nice daily driver car like a Merc AMG GT and 1 nice SUV for bad weather or family trips like a Range Rover. i couldn't mentally deal with all the clutter of 20 cars and shit like that you see with celebs or pro athletes.

the only way I can see myself having multiple guns is something like 1 handgun, 1 rifle, 1 shotgun. it's a mental thing for sure.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-17, 09:29 AM

Superior Admiral
Hey B...I bought a car last week...I get to drive it next week.

they are afraid I may drink n drive...so I have to wait...
Old 10-13-17, 09:38 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post

i get your point bro I do. you're not wrong. but lets face facts, people don't generally buy a car to commit suicide.

but guns are a different story when it comes to suicide. it's the leading cause of gun death by a huge margin.

i'm not saying that 10 day cool off period will prevent it all but if it prevents even a few suicides in the heat of the moment I think it's worth it.
Old 10-13-17, 09:42 AM

Superior Admiral
I understand your view, just don't agree with it.
Old 10-13-17, 10:01 AM

Administrator
Quote:
I understand your view, just don't agree with it.
you dont think it might prevent a few heat of the moment suicide/murders? even if it's a few I think that's worth it.

it's only 10 days bro. you already got 957 guns, what do you care if you have to wait 10 days. lol
Old 10-13-17, 10:07 AM

Superior Admiral
If someone is dead set on committing suicide...he aint gonna wait 10 days..he will find another way to kill himself...

why should I have to wait for something because someone else is being suicidal..Im not?
Bouncer likes this.
Old 10-13-17, 10:08 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
You put a few pennies into that... Pretty...

But..can ya hit anything with it?
Lol. Thanks. I actually have astigmatism in both eyes so it does throw it a bit out of whack but I still do ok at the range.
Old 10-13-17, 10:11 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapsBrah View Post
Lol. Thanks. I actually have astigmatism in both eyes so it does throw it a bit out of whack but I still do ok at the range.
dont those massive glasses you wear correct that?
Old 10-13-17, 10:17 AM

Founding Member
Traps coming out at the end of the clip shooting lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ae6B7C05Nk
Bouncer and TrapsBrah like this.
Old 10-13-17, 10:24 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
dont those massive glasses you wear correct that?
Lmao somewhat. Contacts are better but I'm still getting used to them can't put them on lol.
Old 10-13-17, 10:31 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapsBrah View Post
Lmao somewhat. Contacts are better but I'm still getting used to them can't put them on lol.
i hear ya, i tried contacts for about a month a said fuck this.

my vision isn't too bad but it's not 20/20. i do have glasses but i never wear them. i will at the range. i bought shooting safety glasses made to go over top the eye glasses.
TrapsBrah likes this.
Old 10-13-17, 10:35 AM

Administrator
ripper, that winchester 9mm ammo I bought. i'm now realizing there are different types of 9mm in terms of weight and all that shit. is that ammo you linked me to that I bought good for range shooting and basic home protection?
Old 10-13-17, 10:52 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
ripper, that winchester 9mm ammo I bought. i'm now realizing there are different types of 9mm in terms of weight and all that shit. is that ammo you linked me to that I bought good for range shooting and basic home protection?

Fuck no. Don't use range ammo for HD. Need hollow points for HD. I put that in my PM. I use hydrashoks. HD ammo is much more expensive.
Old 10-13-17, 11:00 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post
Fuck no. Don't use range ammo for HD. Need hollow points for HD. I put that in my PM. I use hydrashoks. HD ammo is much more expensive.
remember i'm a complete noob here so I need you to be super clear so i understand.

that winchester ammo i bought is range ammo correct?

can you link me to good home defense ammo on this site?
https://www.luckygunner.com

thanks bro
Old 10-13-17, 11:04 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
remember i'm a complete noob here so I need you to be super clear so i understand.

that winchester ammo i bought is range ammo correct?

The sucky thing is you have to shoot some of them on the range to make sure your gun likes them. Expensive

can you link me to good home defense ammo on this site?
https://www.luckygunner.com

thanks bro
https://www.luckygunner.com/9mm-124-...um-le-50-round

I think mine is a higher grain, but not sure. Those are fine though.
Old 10-13-17, 11:42 AM

Founding Member
You usually don't buy HD rounds in large quantity. Enough to fill both your 15 round magazines. Oh right your in California... Your 10 round magazines.

I use hydrashocks as well for HD.
Old 10-13-17, 12:23 PM

Superior Admiral
Those are great for range time... They will work for HD..However, I like Hollow points +P for self defense.
Old 10-13-17, 12:26 PM

Oy vey.

Bouncer, are you going to take some classes or whatever on how to use that thing properly? I know jack about guns, but somehow, I am skeptical that anyone with a handgun but without any training can do anything other than hurt themselves in a high pressure home invasion type situation. Heck, even cops who supposedly train all the time hit everything but the subject under pressure.
Old 10-13-17, 01:52 PM

Founding Member
Scrum have you ever shot a gun before?
Old 10-13-17, 01:55 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Oy vey.

Bouncer, are you going to take some classes or whatever on how to use that thing properly? I know jack about guns, but somehow, I am skeptical that anyone with a handgun but without any training can do anything other than hurt themselves in a high pressure home invasion type situation. Heck, even cops who supposedly train all the time hit everything but the subject under pressure.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.ajc.c...pBhuO/amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.wsbtv...uder/580186309

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.shr.../amp/479449001

I can provide more examples if needed. You are basically trying to argue that being armed as well or better than the intruder is more dangerous than facing an intruder unarmed. No thanks. I'd rather have a gun.
Old 10-13-17, 02:02 PM

I'm not arguing anything, Turbo. I was just wondering if there is training for gun usage under pressure that can prevent a bad situation from getting worse. I am thinking things like shooting someone else accidentally, etc.
Old 10-13-17, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Scrum have you ever shot a gun before?
Nope, unless you count BB guns at my son's cub scout summer camp.
Chadd77 and rado like this.
Old 10-13-17, 02:08 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Nope, unless you count BB guns at my son's cub scout summer camp.
That counts and that's how I started off. I still have my bb gun from when I was a little lad!
Scrumhalf likes this.
Old 10-13-17, 02:11 PM

Got to admit, the target practice was lots of fun. We had to shoot these clay saucers from about 20 or 30 feet away. The guns were probably terrible, as I had to aim high and off to the left to hit the target, but after a few rounds, I got the hang of it. It was from a prone position, and I tried to breathe right and to squeeze the trigger gently. Not unlike photography with a long lens.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Chadd77 likes this.
Old 10-13-17, 02:18 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
I'm not arguing anything, Turbo. I was just wondering if there is training for gun usage under pressure that can prevent a bad situation from getting worse. I am thinking tTurnip hings like shooting someone else accidentally, etc.
Not literlly arguing, but you presented an argument. I'm just confused at why you would think an untrained or semi-trained homeowner is at a disadvantage to be armed against intruders. Most criminals are awful at shooting. They usually don't go to the range with their hi point pieces of shit.
Old 10-13-17, 02:19 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Got to admit, the target practice was lots of fun. We had to shoot these clay saucers from about 20 or 30 feet away. The guns were probably terrible, as I had to aim high and off to the left to hit the target, but after a few rounds, I got the hang of it. It was from a prone position, and I tried to breathe right and to squeeze the trigger gently. Not unlike photography with a long lens.

Target shooting is a lot of fun and can be done with most ages. From bb guns, to hand guns, rifles, shotguns, ect..

I think your question to Bouncer was a good one too. Unless you have vet helping you, it is a good idea to take a class. My dad taught me but made me go through a hunters safety class before I could hunt. Most of it is common sense but there was also some good info.
Old 10-13-17, 02:22 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Target shooting is a lot of fun and can be done with most ages. From bb guns, to hand guns, rifles, shotguns, ect..

I think your question to Bouncer was a good one too. Unless you have vet helping you, it is a good idea to take a class. My dad taught me but made me go through a hunters safety class before I could hunt. Most of it is common sense but there was also some good info.
Oh yeah. Training is always great. I took a course when I purchased my first handgun. I also read a few books. I've been wanting to take a more advanced course, but finding an available weekend is difficult.
Old 10-13-17, 02:36 PM

Superior Admiral
B was advised to look into a basic safety course or at least get some good instruction from some one with experience handling firearms. Hes a grown ass man, if hes smart he will. If hes not, he better be smart enough to keep the barrel pointed down range at all times and finger out of the trigger guard unless firing

Cause if he don't he will be bitch slapped and kicked off the range fast!
Old 10-13-17, 02:39 PM

Superior Admiral
Also I fully understand the difference between different types of ammo..trust me..straight up Ball ammo, fucks people up...that's all the military shoots. I've seen the resultsof it first hand. The average dick head robber will be done when he gets hit... having said that, Once again, I prefer HP +P ammo
Old 10-13-17, 03:59 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Oy vey.

Yes scrum. I've already got my California firearms safety card. Had to take a 30 question test as well as basic handling of the weapon. Trigger discipline etc.. The main lesson I learned is to always assume the weapon is loaded and never put your finger on the trigger until your ready to shoot. Muzzle discipline as well, never sweep the weapon around the room or hold it down at your side where you can shoot yourself in the foot. LoL. Bottom line, if you respect the weapon and you take it seriously there should never be an accident of any kind.

I will be going to a range where they have instructors. Once I have a good understanding of shooting the weapon I will be taking my girl to the range as well to teach her.

I won't be taking this lightly and I'm not getting it as a toy or to be a tough guy or anything like that. I'm taking this very seriously and I am doing all the research I possibly can. Disassembly of the weapon, cleaning etc..
Turbo3000, Scrumhalf and chuckz28 like this.
Old 10-13-17, 04:50 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Yes scrum. I've already got my California firearms safety card. Had to take a 30 question test as well as basic handling of the weapon. Trigger discipline etc.. The main lesson I learned is to always assume the weapon is loaded and never put your finger on the trigger until your ready to shoot. Muzzle discipline as well, never sweep the weapon around the room or hold it down at your side where you can shoot yourself in the foot. LoL. Bottom line, if you respect the weapon and you take it seriously there should never be an accident of any kind.

I will be going to a range where they have instructors. Once I have a good understanding of shooting the weapon I will be taking my girl to the range as well to teach her.

I won't be taking this lightly and I'm not getting it as a toy or to be a tough guy or anything like that. I'm taking this very seriously and I am doing all the research I possibly can. Disassembly of the weapon, cleaning etc..
Or...You could just come to Georgia...I'll throw some ribs on the smoker and we can burn up ammo in the back yard untill I think your safe Grasshopper
Old 10-13-17, 04:54 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Or...You could just come to Georgia...I'll throw some ribs on the smoker and we can burn up ammo in the back yard untill I think your safe Grasshopper
guns and bbq. i'll give the south those 2 accolades. but nothing more!
Old 10-13-17, 05:07 PM

Founding Member
Quote:

I'll take you up on that offer.
Old 10-13-17, 07:48 PM

Superior Admiral
Comon
Old 10-13-17, 09:09 PM

Administrator
Interesting article. Huge percentage of recovered guns in Chicago come from neighboring states with weak gun laws. Sorry Ripper, your Chicago argument you always use doesn't hold up brah.

Quote:
60 percent of new guns used in Chicago gang-related crimes and 31.6 percent used in non-gang-related crimes between 2009 and 2013 were bought in other states. Indiana was a particularly heavy supplier, providing nearly one-third of the gang guns and nearly one-fifth of the non-gang guns.
Fact Check: Is Chicago Proof That Gun Laws Don't Work? : NPR
Old 10-13-17, 11:08 PM

Administrator
How I came to stop fearing guns and embrace the Second Amendment | TheHill
Old 10-14-17, 06:15 AM

Administrator
good ammo?

I'm going to be stocking up before Jan 1st because that's when Cali law takes effect that makes it illegal to buy ammo from anywhere other than a licensed gun shop. Of course the gun shop ammo is marked up a great deal so I'm trying to save as much as I can by buying bulk quality ammo online while I still can. Seems like good quality ammo and not a bad price for 1000 rounds.

https://www.luckygunner.com/9mm-115-...ta-1000-rounds
Old 10-14-17, 06:30 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
good ammo?

I'm going to be stocking up before Jan 1st because that's when Cali law takes effect that makes it illegal to buy ammo from anywhere other than a licensed gun shop. Of course the gun shop ammo is marked up a great deal so I'm trying to save as much as I can by buying bulk quality ammo online while I still can. Seems like good quality ammo and not a bad price for 1000 rounds.

https://www.luckygunner.com/9mm-115-...ta-1000-rounds
I'd buy it. It should be fine for the range.
Bouncer likes this.
Old 10-14-17, 11:03 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post
I'd buy it. It should be fine for the range.
cool. if you guys see deals or know of other sites like luckygunner with bulk brass ammo sales please let me know. i'm gonna try to stock up on ammo as much as I can before the Jan 1st cutoff of online sales. you can't buy ammo in walmart or other stores in Cali like you can in other states. the only option you have in cali is to buy ammo in gunshops and from what I can tell, thats how the gunshops make their money. they sell the actual weapon for fair price but the ammo is a fucken ripoff compared to the same ammo on lucky gunner its like 3 times as much. so i'm not stocking up because i'm some gun nut like ripper preparing for the zombies. for me it's just a matter of saving money. come jan 1st ammo will cost me a whole lot more.

side note: it's crazy how many people buy the cheap steel once fired reload ammo. i'm reading reviews on luckygunner on the cheap ass ammo and people are like "well this ammo gets stuck in the chamber pretty often but it's cheap so who cares". who the fuck wants ammo that constantly gets stuck in the chamber. even if its just an old beater pistol at the range it would still be a pain in the ass constantly having to rack the slide to clear the chamber.
Old 10-14-17, 11:14 AM

Founding Member
It goes both ways with a 10 day cooling off period. For instance a scenario where a woman's ex had made a suggestively threatening statement. The cops would shrug it off. If she wanted to get something to protect herself she can't. Basically any scenario where someone needed protection in a hurry they can't do it with the wait.
Bouncer and lipripper like this.
Old 10-14-17, 11:39 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
It goes both ways with a 10 day cooling off period. For instance a scenario where a woman's ex had made a suggestively threatening statement. The cops would shrug it off. If she wanted to get something to protect herself she can't. Basically any scenario where someone needed protection in a hurry they can't do it with the wait.
yea i can understand you and rippers arguments. i get what you guys are saying. but like you said it goes both ways. i'm sure it's prevented at least a few heat of the moment episodes where something bad was gonna happen and it was avoided because of the cool off period. again, i don't think it stops everyone. if someone is determined to kill they will. but there are other people that are just sort of emotional heat of the moment buyers that I think the cool off period has probably helped.

with that said, this 10 day period is moving slow as fuck for me. i wanna go pick up my damn gun! its like waiting for Christmas as an 8 year old. lol
Old 10-14-17, 11:43 AM

Founding Member
No doubt. In a world of same day delivery with Amazon there isn't much you can't get within 2 days anymore. Makes 10 days seem like a year away.
Old 10-14-17, 12:13 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
No doubt. In a world of same day delivery with Amazon there isn't much you can't get within 2 days anymore. Makes 10 days seem like a year away.
post up some pics of your guns bro. i wanna see what you guys have. i've got the bug, i'm already thinking about what I should get next. lol
Old 10-15-17, 10:51 AM

Administrator
Damn, didn't realize how many different militaries use the Springfield XD9 as their standard issue sidearm. Must be a tough gun. Sounds like it's just as reliable as a glock. I know a lot of police departments use glocks in the US.

Old 10-15-17, 11:37 AM

Administrator
Generation 5 Glock line just came out in August 2017. Wonder how long it will take to be available in the US?

https://eu.glock.com/en/technology/gen5
Old 10-15-17, 04:46 PM

Superior Amateur
Quote:

As someone who is pro-2nd amendment. I'm actually OK with the cooling off period.

Let's play with this analogy though, seems like you may agree. Comparing cars to firearms.

You had to register the car and buy liability insurance before you could legally drive that car on public highways just in case you hurt someone with it. Based on your car analogy are you OK with having to register a firearm and buy liability insurance on that firearm in case you hurt someone with it?
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-17, 04:49 PM

Superior Amateur
Quote:
Oy vey.

Scrum, let's be honest here. You know nothing about guns and probably shouldn't speak on this subject.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-17, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
Scrum, let's be honest here. You know nothing about guns and probably shouldn't speak on this subject.
I'll post on any damn thing I want. If you don't like it, STFU and GTFO.

Turbo3000 likes this.
Old 10-15-17, 05:48 PM

Superior Admiral
Well I put one of my guns to good use today....Nice big doe decided to take a ride home in the back of my truck....Thanks to my .50 cal��
Old 10-15-17, 05:50 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
As someone who is pro-2nd amendment. I'm actually OK with the cooling off period.

Let's play with this analogy though, seems like you may agree. Comparing cars to firearms.

You had to register the car and buy liability insurance before you could legally drive that car on public highways just in case you hurt someone with it. Based on your car analogy are you OK with having to register a firearm and buy liability insurance on that firearm in case you hurt someone with it?
No and your being stupid.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0