SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page Gun Thread

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-17, 07:56 PM

Administrator
Rip post some pics of some of your guns for fucksake. At least some of your handguns.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-17, 08:02 PM

Superior Admiral
I don't have nothing special bro.. I got "working man's" guns...Lol my fav is the XD.45 ACP full-sized .I've taken a few hogs with it slipping In the swamps.ive posted I'm upbefore but Photobucket won't allow photo sharing anymore.i don't have the tabs scrum pointed out on the flicker account..,so..the links when I post pics now. Pain in the ass
Old 10-15-17, 08:08 PM

Administrator
post the links ill fix them so they show.
Old 10-15-17, 08:23 PM

Administrator
Noob question. Is there anything I have to do to the gun before it's first fire in terms of lubrication?

Is there a "break in period" where I should avoid anything in particular?

Thanks
Old 10-15-17, 08:29 PM

Superior Admiral
Just give it a light lube and burn some ammo..You'll be fine bro. Good cleaning after each firing session.
Bouncer likes this.
Old 10-15-17, 10:11 PM

Superior Amateur
I carry a S&W Shield in 40 cal normally but I also have a Springfield XDS in 40 as well. On days I have to dress up, I have a little Ruger LCP-II in 380 that fits in my pocket. I don't go anywhere except school unarmed. I even carry in my synagogue. What they don't know won't hurt them, LOL.

I save a lot of money by reloading. That would be a waste for you since 9 mm is so cheap. You couldn't reload your brass for less then buying new 9 mm ammo.

If you get any rifles though, reloading is the way to go. It costs $45 for a box of 20 270 WSSM loads but I can save my brass and reload for pennies on the dollar. It's a really high pressure round so I can only get 3 to 5 reloads out of a casing though. I reload my 223 casings too for my AR. I keep 600 to 800 rounds in stock. I may go through 300 a week when I am really active though so that isn't as much as it sounds. I got a really good deal on 1000 69 grain Sierra Match Kings from Rocky Mountain Bullets and my rifle really likes those. Load them up with 26 grains Varget powder and they are real tack drivers.
Bouncer and lipripper like this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-17, 10:18 PM

Superior Amateur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Noob question. Is there anything I have to do to the gun before it's first fire in terms of lubrication?

Is there a "break in period" where I should avoid anything in particular?

Thanks
If you are talking about just a 9 mm hand gun then no; not really. You probably should break it down and wipe off any packing grease. Run a bore snake through the barrel with some Hoppes no 9 and rem oil and you should be good to go. Like lipripper says, clean it after every shooting session. Light oil will do too; no need to drown it.

For rifles, especially with good quality target barrels, there is a break in routine for the first 200 rounds that will increase the accuracy of the rifle.
Bouncer likes this.
Old 10-16-17, 09:24 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Damn, didn't realize how many different militaries use the Springfield XD9 as their standard issue sidearm. Must be a tough gun. Sounds like it's just as reliable as a glock. I know a lot of police departments use glocks in the US.
If I had to go to battle and I could only take one postal it would absolutely be a Glock hands down. I think they are the most reliable in extreme conditions (water, mud, sand, heat, ect...). That being said even police don't encounter a lot of those conditions.
Old 10-16-17, 09:42 AM

Administrator
Yea from what I'm reading Glocks are definitely a gun you can depend on. But I'm also reading that the last few generations of Glocks have been a bit of a let down. I was reading some stuff on Glock fan site and they were all talking about how the Glock gen 3 is the best and gen 4 and gen 5 aren't loved as much for some reason. Some of those guys compared it to the iPhone where they do these upgrades and call it a new generation but it's still the exact same gun for the most part. But yea, the Glock people seem to idolize the Gen 3 and don't have the same respect for the gen 5.

I can see myself getting a Glock in the future just have and compare to the xd9 aka hs-2000.
Old 10-16-17, 10:09 AM

Administrator
tell ya something else i'm learning as i research and read and watch torture tests etc..

as someone who never really took the time to learn much about guns I always thought the name "Beretta" was like the ferrari of guns for some reason. They put out some very cool looking guns I guess is why I thought that, plus they can be pricey.

but from all the tests i've seen, they do horrible in the torture tests. compared to glocks, springfields, H&K etc.. Beretta just cant compete. they dunk the guns in water, pour sand into the barrel and chamber, cover it in mud etc.. the glocks and springfields still fire even with all that shit in and on them. the beretta models fails the torture tests almost immediately. they fire a few rounds and malfunction. definitly a show off type gun rather than a utilitarian gun like a glock. i'll take utilitarian all day.
Old 10-16-17, 10:41 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowHunter View Post
You probably should break it down and wipe off any packing grease. Run a bore snake through the barrel with some Hoppes no 9 and rem oil and you should be good to go.
I've seen 2 trains of thought with this. Some say what you just said. Others say modern semi-auto polymer pistols are ready to shoot right out of the case. apparently they come with some kind of special teflon/copper lube that should not be wiped off until it has fired at least 200 rounds. you can clean the gun, they just say be careful not to wipe off the special coating on the rails.

I think i'm probably just going to take it to the range without any cleaning or lubing and put 200 rounds or so through it, then give it a good cleaning.

some guys are crazy with "breaking in" the gun. i've read some people clean and lube before the first firing, then they fire 5 shots and disasemble again, clean it, fire 10 shots, dissemble, clean and lube and then they feel safe using it normally. lol. my personal opinion is that if a gun needs to be babied like that it has no place in anyones collection other than a show piece.
Old 10-16-17, 11:22 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
tell ya something else i'm learning as i research and read and watch torture tests etc..

as someone who never really took the time to learn much about guns I always thought the name "Beretta" was like the ferrari of guns for some reason. They put out some very cool looking guns I guess is why I thought that, plus they can be pricey.

but from all the tests i've seen, they do horrible in the torture tests. compared to glocks, springfields, H&K etc.. Beretta just cant compete. they dunk the guns in water, pour sand into the barrel and chamber, cover it in mud etc.. the glocks and springfields still fire even with all that shit in and on them. the beretta models fails the torture tests almost immediately. they fire a few rounds and malfunction. definitly a show off type gun rather than a utilitarian gun like a glock. i'll take utilitarian all day.
But you have to remember most guns will never see those elements. Take yourself, you cannot (at least I don't think so) carry your pistol concealed. So that means your gun will stay in a gun safe for 95% of its life. So if you shoot a Beretta more accurately than another brand, it would only make sense to own a Beretta. Even law enforcement will not see those elements.

Now if you have to go to war, then you better make sure you have a reliable gun around. This is why a lot of people have multiple guns. My Kimber 1911 is extremely accurate ( carried by LAPD SWAT) but requires more tlc than most guns. And it's a single stack .45 so it only holds 8 rounds.
Old 10-16-17, 11:36 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
But you have to remember most guns will never see those elements. Take yourself, you cannot (at least I don't think so) carry your pistol concealed. So that means your gun will stay in a gun safe for 95% of its life. So if you shoot a Beretta more accurately than another brand, it would only make sense to own a Beretta. Even law enforcement will not see those elements.

Now if you have to go to war, then you better make sure you have a reliable gun around. This is why a lot of people have multiple guns. My Kimber 1911 is extremely accurate ( carried by LAPD SWAT) but requires more tlc than most guns. And it's a single stack .45 so it only holds 8 rounds.
Yea I understand but I still like the idea of owning something that has that kind of durability and reliability even if I never need it.
Old 10-16-17, 11:44 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Yea I understand but I still like the idea of owning something that has that kind of durability and reliability even if I never need it.
I think it was Rocket who said he couldn't hit jack with a stock Glock but he owns one in case he ever needs it. But I guarantee he wouldn't grab it if someone broke into his house. Same could be true for your springfield. This is way it's good to shoot a variety of guns. If you have a buddy that also shoots, go to a range and swap guns. Some ranges let you rent them. I shoot my sig and kimber more accurately than my other pistols.
lipripper and BowHunter like this.
Old 10-16-17, 11:47 AM

Administrator
Quote:
I think it was Rocket who said he couldn't hit jack with a stock Glock but he owns one in case he ever needs it. But I guarantee he wouldn't grab it if someone broke into his house. Same could be true for your springfield. This is way it's good to shoot a variety of guns. If you have a buddy that also shoots, go to a range and swap guns. Some ranges let you rent them. I shoot my sig and kimber more accurately than my other pistols.
Good idea. I'll learn at the range with my Springfield first. But then I'll rent a few different guns from the range and see how they compare. Only problem I can see is that the rental guns will probably not be all that well maintained so it might not be a fair comparison to my brand new babied xd9 lol.
Old 10-16-17, 02:56 PM

Founding Member
Here's my hostage target. I save this one for my last couple shots. lol

Old 10-16-17, 03:55 PM

Administrator
fella in front looks a shade of light black. i assume we shoot him first?
Old 10-16-17, 04:14 PM

Superior Amateur
Quote:
Damn, I had this long reply with sage advice all written and the webpage screwed up and it didn't post, LOL.

(Sigh) OK, let's try this again.

Definitely try several different models since there are small differences in the angle of the grips for different models that can affect how the gun instinctively points for you. I am a decent shot with my S&W and my XDS but I can't hit shit with a Glock. It points weird for me. I think I am on target but when I squeeze the trigger, I end up a foot to the left. I owned a full size model 22 (2nd gen) but I ended up selling it because I just couldn't hit anything with it reliably. Also, keep in mind that in a real situation, you are going to have several factors that will adversely affect your ability to hit your target (the bad guy). Adrenaline will cause your hands to shake, your vision to tunnel, and your body to go into fight or flight mode. This means the thinking part of your brain gets switched off and you will be operating on instinct. You will revert to your lowest level of training. So that lowest level of training better be sufficient to deal with the threat. If you are used to using your hands instead of a weapon, you will likely try to punch him instead of drawing your weapon.

To counter this, you need to practice practice practice. Go to the range as often as you can and practice at about 7 to 10 yards until you can reliably hit your target center mass. Only after that should you begin practicing drawing and firing. It is a good idea to practice drawing with an unloaded weapon at first so you don't shoot yourself. Practice drawing quickly and smoothly with your finger alongside the trigger guard. Never draw with your finger inside the guard. That's how people shoot themselves. It only takes a split second to transition your finger to the trigger and fire so it doesn't slow you down. It's just basic gun safety. If you haven't practiced enough before a real situation happens, your are as likely to shoot yourself as the bad guy because you will draw with your finger on the trigger. After you get the draw down, then practice with a loaded weapon and practice drawing and firing. The more you practice, the faster and smoother that will become and muscle memory will form and that will become your "lowest level of training" that you will revert to if, G-d forbid, you actually had to use your weapon to defend from another human being.
Old 10-16-17, 08:28 PM

Superior Admiral
Glocks are great guns. I don't like that they really have no safety features built in to them. That's why I like the XD more. Just a personal choice
Old 10-16-17, 10:49 PM

Superior Amateur
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
No and your being stupid.
Why are you OK with registering and getting liability insurance on your vehicle but not your firearm?

If we never had to register cars or buy insurance and someone proposed legislation today you guys would be freaking out how liberals want to take our freedoms away.
Old 10-17-17, 08:23 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
Why are you OK with registering and getting liability insurance on your vehicle but not your firearm?

If we never had to register cars or buy insurance and someone proposed legislation today you guys would be freaking out how liberals want to take our freedoms away.
Have you ever done this? I actually have had to buy this type of insurance before.,in order to comply with the law of the country I was going hunting in. Stupid law IMO. Turned out to be nothing more then a tax. But that's right...Your all about paying more taxes right.
Old 10-17-17, 09:37 PM

Administrator
just bought another 500 rounds. thought this was a pretty good deal. Is this good range ammo guys? i like that it comes with a storage can as well.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/50...10-boxes-of-50
Old 10-18-17, 04:50 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
just bought another 500 rounds. thought this was a pretty good deal. Is this good range ammo guys? i like that it comes with a storage can as well.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/50...10-boxes-of-50
B that will work. Now your gonna be one of these guys on the news....They find he has 5 storage sheds all over the city...Full of ammo...
Old 10-18-17, 06:33 AM

Administrator
Quote:
B that will work. Now your gonna be one of these guys on the news....They find he has 5 storage sheds all over the city...Full of ammo...
"DANGEROUS STEROIDS DEKA and TESTOSTERBOLON and a Semi-Auto ASSAULT pistol were found".

Media would have a cluster fuck of a field day.
lipripper likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 12:23 PM

Founding Member
Sorry for the delay. I had to create an imgur account and haven't had much time working two jobs lately. Here is my AR I built piece by piece to be a "SOPMOD block II" of sorts. Still needs an optic but i have irons and the rest is functional.

Old 10-18-17, 12:38 PM

Superior Admiral
Nice chuck, Funny, I have a plain jane no upgrades I love it that way. same as when I was in the Army so I'm used to the iron sites. I think at some point I'll get something else and up grade. I just don't see the need to now.
chuckz28 likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 12:39 PM

Founding Member
My tack driver. Remington 700P police model. Has a big barrel and free floating aluminum bedding stock. 3 shot group at a 100 meters you can hide with a quarter. Needs better glass though.

Daily carry 3rd gen Glock 26 with meprolight night sights and comp-tac mtac holster.

I've also got a full frame 3rd gen Glock 22 and a chap ass .22 rifle from Mossberg.

Not much of a collection but enough to have some fun. Just need a shotgun to round it out.
Old 10-18-17, 12:42 PM

Administrator
chuck, thats a great looking rifle. how much $$ would you say you put into it?

rip, im gonna text you so you can send me your gun pics and then i'll post em for you. even if they are just basic utilitarian type guns, i still wanna see em. i like basic and purely fuctional guns just as much as i like "pretty guns".
chuckz28 likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 12:46 PM

Founding Member
Not even sure bro. I bought pieces at a time over a two year period back when parts were hard to get and prices were high. If I had to guess I'd say 1300-1500 total with tax and all. I only wanted the best parts. The barrel is 14.5" so I had to pin and weld the flash suppressor to make it a legal 16".
Bouncer likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 12:49 PM

Superior Admiral
What caliber is the rifle chuck?
Old 10-18-17, 12:51 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
What caliber is the rifle chuck?
The AR is 5.56mm. The Remington 700 is .308
Old 10-18-17, 12:56 PM

Administrator
Am I even able to have an AR-15 in Cali? Is it totally illegal or just limited to 10 round mags?

Chuck, I like the Glock for it's utilitarian simplicity. I think if I get a second pistol it will be a Glock. That old dude hickok45 on YouTube has like 2.5 million subscribers and he fucken love Glocks. I also like the h&k's.
Old 10-18-17, 12:59 PM

Administrator
Rippers .50 cal Thompson.
chuckz28 likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 12:59 PM

Founding Member
I like my Glocks but if I get another pistol myself I'll get a Sig. Probably in 45 caliber. Not sure what you can and can't do AR wise in Cali. I don't think you can have pistol grip either.
Old 10-18-17, 01:02 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
I like my Glocks but if I get another pistol myself I'll get a Sig. Probably in 45 caliber. Not sure what you can and can't do AR wise in Cali. I don't think you can have pistol grip either.
I love my Sig. Hands down my favorite pistol I've ever shot.
chuckz28 likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 01:02 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Rippers .50 cal Thompson.
Rip, you killed Bambi!
Old 10-18-17, 01:11 PM

Administrator
Rippers 25mm cannon.
Old 10-18-17, 01:12 PM

Administrator
Rippers AR.223
chuckz28 likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 01:19 PM

Administrator
Rippers 35 Remington lever action.
chuckz28 likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 01:20 PM

Administrator
Rippers Mossberg 835
chuckz28 likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 01:22 PM

Administrator
Chuck and chadd, what is it about sigs that you like so much? I'll have to check some out.
Old 10-18-17, 01:24 PM

Superior Admiral
Sigs are great guns!
Old 10-18-17, 01:26 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Rip, you killed Bambi!
aged at 5.5 years..and a whopping 80 lbs...LOL
Chadd77 likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 01:44 PM

Founding Member
SEALS have been using Sig's for years and now they won the contract to replace all the aging Berettas in the near future. Solid guns.
Chadd77 likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 01:48 PM

Founding Member
Army Picks Sig Sauer's P320 Handgun to Replace M9 Service Pistol | Military.com
Old 10-18-17, 01:58 PM

Administrator
fuck sake, now i want a sig. lol. this gun shit gets addictive.
chuckz28 likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 02:03 PM

Founding Member
haha I told you that you'd have a couple soon. Everyone needs a couple pistols. And rifles. And shotguns! lol
lipripper likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 03:23 PM

Administrator
Sig P226 looks good. Expensive though.
Old 10-18-17, 03:39 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Sig P226 looks good. Expensive though.
Great gun. Heavy with a DA/SA trigger. Don't get gun lust. Become proficient with your SA and then start playing around. Hammer fired and striker fired feel completely different.
Old 10-18-17, 03:41 PM

Founding Member
And Hollywood is on the Anti gun craze at the moment. It is funny that they allow rapists to flourish, yet they hate gun violence. Fuck Hollywood.
chuckz28 likes this.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0