SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page Gun Thread

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree143Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-17, 03:44 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post
Great gun. Heavy with a DA/SA trigger. Don't get gun lust. Become proficient with your SA and then start playing around. Hammer fired and striker fired feel completely different.
Yea I'm gonna get experience with the xd9 for awhile before I even consider getting anything else.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-17, 03:47 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post
And Hollywood is on the Anti gun craze at the moment. It is funny that they allow rapists to flourish, yet they hate gun violence. Fuck Hollywood.
Hypocritical as fuck because look at how they represent guns in movies. Boom boom boom in every other movie.
lipripper likes this.
Old 10-18-17, 04:12 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Sig P226 looks good. Expensive though.
That's what I have but I have the Legion version. Same gun with some upgrades parts - about $300 more.
Old 10-18-17, 04:22 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
That's what I have but I have the Legion version. Same gun with some upgrades parts - about $300 more.
Yea I saw that one. Comes with leather grips or something?
Old 10-18-17, 04:42 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Hypocritical as fuck because look at how they represent guns in movies. Boom boom boom in every other movie.
I love the new Bouncer.
Old 10-18-17, 04:53 PM

Administrator
man I've never been anti gun for law abiding citizens. i just think somehow it should be harder for criminals and nuts to get guns. i don't know how to make that happen but there has to be a way without taking away the rights of good people who just want a gun to protect their family or to shoot targets, hunt etc..
Old 10-18-17, 07:46 PM

Administrator
Got some of my supplies in today. Rags, brushes, and Q-tips aren't in pic but I have all that stuff.

chuckz28 and lipripper like this.
Old 10-18-17, 08:30 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Got some of my supplies in today. Rags, brushes, and Q-tips aren't in pic but I have all that stuff.

Keltec 9mm extended 15 Rd mag
XD .45 fullsized

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Bouncer and chuckz28 like this.
Old 10-18-17, 08:39 PM

Superior Admiral
Here's a few long guns...got more but ya get the idea...also have a few..."drop guns" that can't be traced back to me... But there's no proof of that...lol

Bouncer and chuckz28 like this.
Old 10-18-17, 08:56 PM

Administrator
How much total ammo would you say you have stockpiled on average?
Old 10-18-17, 09:11 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
How much total ammo would you say you have stockpiled on average?
I have a few cases of each Calibur that I need. So I've got a few thousand here. But more available if needed...lol

Old 10-18-17, 09:16 PM

Administrator
how old is your xd9 rip? how many rounds would you guess you put through it? ever any issues?
Old 10-19-17, 04:01 AM

Superior Admiral
I got it new I'm guessing 10 years or so. There's been a few rounds go thru it.. Lol only time I've ever had a misfire was shooting a reload that was a bad round
Bouncer likes this.
Old 10-19-17, 07:10 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Yea I saw that one. Comes with leather grips or something?
Not leather grips.

It has a gray PVD coating, custom G-10 grips, xray day/night sights, contoured beavertail (helps reduce printing), and upgraded trigger.
Bouncer likes this.
Old 10-19-17, 10:33 AM

Administrator
So I joined the NRA. Not because I agree with everything they say or do because I don't. There have been times I totally disagree with them.. I'm not a huge fan of CEO Wayne LaPierre either. It's not because I want to be part of some group or club, I could care less about that kind of shit. I won't be putting the sticker they send you in the mail on my car or anything like that. (I will however take the NRA duffle bag they send you.)

The fact is though, the NRA is the only voice in Washington that actually has power to stop government overstep when it comes to firearms. If the NRA didn't exist the 2nd amendment would most likely have been erased or so heavily modified to the point where it would be meaningless. The founding fathers were not morons, there is a very good reason the 2nd amendment exists and yes it is still just as relevant today as it was back then.

The people in Washington that want to take guns away from law abiding citizens are the same people that surround themselves with heavily armed security. If you can't see the hypocrisy in that then I will never agree with you. They want the ability to defend themselves if shit goes down but they don't think law abiding citizens should have that same ability.. fuck that.

Chadd77 likes this.
Old 10-19-17, 11:00 AM

The NRA with its intransigence and deep pockets is the one thing that's obstructing reasonable gun control debate in this country. It is unfortunate that you have become unwittingly complicit in this charade.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-17, 11:02 AM

Founding Member
I'm a member for the same reason. And the duffel bag makes a great range bag!
Bouncer and lipripper like this.
Old 10-19-17, 11:03 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
The NRA with its intransigence and deep pockets is the one thing that's obstructing reasonable gun control debate in this country. It is unfortunate that you have become unwittingly complicit in this charade.

Like B said without the NRA you could kiss the 2nd amendment goodbye. It would already be gone or so restricted that it wold be nearly impossible to own a firearm.
Old 10-19-17, 11:08 AM

Administrator
Quote:

I see it differently scrum. Without them law abiding citizens would be stripped of their gun rights. A huge black market would be established far bigger then it already is and more people would get their weapons that way.

It's like steroids in a way. By banning them or making them illegal they created a massive black market. If steroids were legal and you could buy from the pharmacy you would have a much safer environment all around.
Old 10-19-17, 11:15 AM

Administrator
Quote:
I'm a member for the same reason. And the duffel bag makes a great range bag!
That's exactly why I got it. I need something to hold my range glasses, earplugs, ammo, and Gatorade so I don't pass out again.

Noob question though. Do I take my gun case with the gun and magazines in that and put the other stuff in the duffel bad or can I put the gun and magazines in the duffel bag also? Obviously unloaded. I guess my question is when taking my gun to the range does it have to be in its case or is the bag fine? I don't have a concealed carry license so I can't just keep the gun on me. When it comes to guns in Cali I plan on following the law 100%.
Old 10-19-17, 11:16 AM

I'm all for organizations that promote responsible activities. There are automobile enthusiast clubs, birding enthusiast clubs, whatever. And it's no different for gun ownership. But the staked out positions of the NRA are so extreme and so inflexible that it has long since crossed over from reasonable debate to crazy-eyed religion.

Old 10-19-17, 11:28 AM

Administrator
Quote:
I'm all for organizations that promote responsible activities. There are automobile enthusiast clubs, birding enthusiast clubs, whatever. And it's no different for gun ownership. But the staked out positions of the NRA are so extreme and so inflexible that it has long since crossed over from reasonable debate to crazy-eyed religion.

Those other organizations are not political though. They don't have the government constantly trying to take away their rights as responsible hobbyist.

The NRA has to be extreme in a sense because the legislation constantly being thrown at gun owners is extreme itself. It's never ending and in many cases a way for politicians to advance their career.

We need to pay more attention to mental health in America rather than taking away the rights of perfectly normal and responsible people.
Old 10-19-17, 11:39 AM

I'm not saying that the NRA shouldn't exist, but the current incarnation of the NRA does not serve responsible gun owners well, and it is unfortunate that the common people who fund it don't realize it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 10-19-17, 11:45 AM

Administrator
Quote:
I'm not saying that the NRA shouldn't exist, but the current incarnation of the NRA does not serve responsible gun owners well, and it is unfortunate that the common people who fund it don't realize it.

We agree that the NRA is not perfect. As I said in my post I often disagree with them and I don't exactly love the CEO.

BUT. The fact remains, if they disappeared today, the 2nd amendment would most likely be gone within a few years. That alone is a good enough reason to support them even if they are far from perfect and have a lot of room for improvement.

- The Common People..
Old 10-19-17, 11:46 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Noob question though. Do I take my gun case with the gun and magazines in that and put the other stuff in the duffel bad or can I put the gun and magazines in the duffel bag also? Obviously unloaded. I guess my question is when taking my gun to the range does it have to be in its case or is the bag fine? I don't have a concealed carry license so I can't just keep the gun on me. When it comes to guns in Cali I plan on following the law 100%.
https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/travel

HANDGUNS

Pursuant to California Penal Code section 25610, a United States citizen over 18 years of age who is not prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, may transport by motor vehicle any handgun provided it is unloaded and locked in the vehicle’s trunk or in a locked container. Furthermore, the handgun must be carried directly to or from any motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while being carried must be contained within a locked container.

Pursuant to California Penal Code section 16850, the term "locked container" means a secure container that is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment.
Old 10-19-17, 11:47 AM

Quote:
We agree that the NRA is not perfect. As I said in my post I often disagree with them and I don't exactly love the CEO.

BUT. The fact remains, if they disappeared today, the 2nd amendment would most likely be gone within a few years. That alone is a good enough of a reason to support them even if they are far from perfect and have a lot of room for improvement.

- The Common People..
Again, nobody is saying the NRA shouldn't exist. But their current policies are toxic, shortsighted and in the long run, don't serve responsible gun owners well.

Old 10-19-17, 11:54 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Again, nobody is saying the NRA shouldn't exist. But their current policies are toxic, shortsighted and in the long run, don't serve responsible gun owners well.

The constant barrage of ridiculous legislation to restrict responsible gun owners doesn't exactly help us either. The fact that the government wants to focus more on gun restrictions and ignore mental health in America is also toxic.

It's the NRA power and it's lawyers that have prevented many of these ridiculous laws. With all it's flaws it has protected gun owners more than any other organization. That's why I support them even with their flaws.
lipripper likes this.
Old 10-19-17, 11:56 AM

Administrator
Quote:
https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/travel

HANDGUNS

Pursuant to California Penal Code section 25610, a United States citizen over 18 years of age who is not prohibited from firearm possession, and who resides or is temporarily in California, may transport by motor vehicle any handgun provided it is unloaded and locked in the vehicle’s trunk or in a locked container. Furthermore, the handgun must be carried directly to or from any motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while being carried must be contained within a locked container.

Pursuant to California Penal Code section 16850, the term "locked container" means a secure container that is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device. This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment.
Okay so i keep it in a locked truck. But what I get from that is when I'm walking from the car to range the gun must still be in a locked container? so a duffle bag would not be good. i have to keep the gun in it's case locked.
Old 10-19-17, 12:01 PM

Founding Member
I would think that you could have the locked case in the bag. Wonder if it has to be a case or if it could be a cable lock.
https://www.amazon.com/FSDC-Californ...AN21CC74CYVBRC
Old 10-19-17, 12:07 PM

Founding Member
If it's anything like the case my Glocks came in you could throw a lock around the handle of it easily enough and still keep it all in the bag.
Old 10-19-17, 12:14 PM

Administrator
I think the xd9 case does have a lock on the outside. but if it doesnt it does have a lock inside the case that kinda looks like a small bike lock type thing.
Old 10-19-17, 12:59 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
I think the xd9 case does have a lock on the outside. but if it doesnt it does have a lock inside the case that kinda looks like a small bike lock type thing.
That's probably a trigger lock bro. I would guess that meets the requirements if installed....pretty restrictive laws there..damn

Old 10-19-17, 01:33 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
That's probably a trigger lock bro. I would guess that meets the requirements if installed....pretty restrictive laws there..damn

So I can put the trigger lock on the gun and then put it in the bag? I'd rather put everything in the duffle bag rather then take the duffle bag with ammo and other shit and then having to take the whole gun case along with it.
Old 10-19-17, 02:46 PM

Administrator
This is the type of lock that comes with the gun, not a trigger lock. I can throw the gun and magazines into the duffle bag and transport it as long as the cable lock is on.

Old 10-19-17, 03:09 PM

Superior Admiral
Yea cable lock..Fuck Id hate to live with so many restrictions ..that's fucked up. may as well be in a Marxist country...LMAO
Old 10-19-17, 04:19 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Yea cable lock..Fuck Id hate to live with so many restrictions ..that's fucked up. may as well be in a Marxist country...LMAO
Still better than many parts of the world bro. I'm just happy to be able to go to the range or defend my family if someone with a gun ever breaks into my house.
Old 10-19-17, 05:50 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
The constant barrage of ridiculous legislation to restrict responsible gun owners doesn't exactly help us either. The fact that the government wants to focus more on gun restrictions and ignore mental health in America is also toxic.

It's the NRA power and it's lawyers that have prevented many of these ridiculous laws. With all it's flaws it has protected gun owners more than any other organization. That's why I support them even with their flaws.
Holy fucking shit....Bouncer sees the light I'm happy to see you've put the koolaid down!
Old 10-19-17, 05:55 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Holy fucking shit....Bouncer sees the light I'm happy to see you've put the koolaid down!
i was never anti gun. not sure why you guys think that. i was always and still am all about making it harder for nuts and criminals to get guns.
Old 10-19-17, 05:58 PM

Administrator
how accurate is this video about the types of people at a gun range? people better leave me the fuck alone. just like in the gym i'm there for a purpose, not to chat or try and look cool. i'm there to learn how to become a good shooter. nothing more nothing less.

its a funny video but it has me a bit worried.

https://www.nratv.com/home/video/noi...e-at-the-range
Old 10-19-17, 07:06 PM

Administrator
Gun waiting periods prevent hundreds of homicides, according to 45-year study

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017...45-year-study/
Old 10-19-17, 08:37 PM

Administrator
Beautiful.
Old 10-19-17, 08:52 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Beautiful.
That's called gun porn dipshit

Old 10-19-17, 08:58 PM

Administrator
They take up a lot of space. I'm gonna have to toss all her makeup stuff in the garbage and store the ammo there.
Old 10-20-17, 10:02 AM

Administrator
Today is pickup day. This last 10 days has felt more like a month. Got all my range supplies, cleaning supplies, and ammo. Got a few extra magazines on the way as well so i'm not constantly loading magazines at the range with only the 2 that the pistol comes with. Can't wait! Will be heading to the range sometime early next week. Definitely not going to the range during the weekend when it's packed. Being my first time I want things to be as calm as a range can possibly be so I can focus on learning and shooting the weapon rather then being distracted by 10 million people.
Old 10-20-17, 10:15 AM

Administrator
By the way, I asked the guy at the gunshop about once the online sales of ammo in cali are banned on Jan 1st. He said since I am buying my pistol from them he will price match any deal I find online even after the ban is put in place. I thought that was a pretty nice gesture. Obviously trying to keep customers coming back and giving good reviews on yelp etc.. but I still think it's a pretty nice gesture considering their ammo prices are marked way higher then the same ammo I can buy on midwayusa.com or luckygunner.com. Hopefully he keeps his word because that will save me hundreds and hundreds of dollars per year. Good shit.

I'll probably keep the XD9 for a year, learn how to shoot properly, put thousands of rounds through it, and then trade it in for something like a CZ, H&K, or a Sig.
lipripper likes this.
Old 10-20-17, 11:16 AM

Founding Member
Or if you shoot it well, keep it. Let that be your go to home protection gun. Then if you go through your CC class and want something smaller to conceal carry look at another make/model.

I told this to you in a pm but I carry my full size Sig almost everywhere. But there are times when I have to dress up (tuck in my shirt) or wearing a tank top that I will carry my Glock 27. My Kimber is my backup to my Sig. Always have to have a backup. And then my others are just safe queens.
Old 10-20-17, 11:23 AM

Administrator
problem chadd is that even if i go through the 16 hour CC course there are places in Cali I still wouldn't be able to use it. San Fran, Sacramento, LA, San Diego, and some other towns. so even if i were to pay all the fees and go through the course to CC I still wouldn't legally be able to use it in many places in cali. so not sure its worth it.
Old 10-20-17, 09:50 PM

Administrator
Pew Pew Pew..

More pics tomorrow, right now I'm playing.

Chadd77, chuckz28 and lipripper like this.
Old 10-21-17, 08:26 AM

Administrator
Tell ya what, a new gun is stiff as fuck. I took it all apart but god damn every part is a battle. My fingers are sore. LoL. I'm told it will loosen up a bit after it's fired a bit.

Old 10-21-17, 08:32 AM

Administrator
Check this out, this is crazy. I can bypass the strict gun laws in Cali if a parent from another state "gifts" me a gun. So I would send my mom the money (she lives in Pennsylvania now) she would go to a registered gun shop and buy the gun I want that is legal in her state but illegal in Cali. She then tells them she wants to gift the gun to her son and have them send it to a registered gun dealer in Cali. It's a loophole that allows illegal guns to become completely legal. The parental gifting option bypasses the list of guns in California that are banned. I'm definitely going to take advantage of this loophole at some point in the future. I'm definitely interested in that SIG P320 that the army has just adopted. It's not on the Cali roster of handguns so my only legal way to aquire it is to use this "gifting" option.

Got plenty to learn with the XD9 first though so the SIG will have to wait awhile.

Waiting for my extra magazines in the mail before I go to the range so I'm not spending the whole time reloading the 2 10 round mags it came with. LoL.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0