SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page Gun Thread

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree139Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-17, 11:48 AM

Administrator
So I told my mom I bought a gun expecting her to be scared etc... She responds with this picture. Lmao. My grandfather was a Marine and a Captain in the New Jersey state police for over 20 years. I guess he had a nice collection of guns and he gave this to my mom before he died.

357 Magnum

Chadd77, chuckz28 and lipripper like this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-17, 01:08 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
So I told my mom I bought a gun expecting her to be scared etc... She responds with this picture. Lmao. My grandfather was a Marine and a Captain in the New Jersey state police for over 20 years. I guess he had a nice collection of guns and he gave this to my mom before he died.

357 Magnum

Nice. That is a man's gun for sure.
Old 10-21-17, 02:13 PM

Founding Member
Rado, what do you carry?
Old 10-21-17, 05:16 PM

Superior Admiral
I'd like to get one of these one day...In 410. These are made right super safe dependable and very versatile with all the barrels/ caliber s you can get

https://bondarms.com/bond-arms-handguns/
Old 10-21-17, 07:46 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
I'd like to get one of these one day...In 410. These are made right super safe dependable and very versatile with all the barrels/ caliber s you can get

https://bondarms.com/bond-arms-handguns/
All you.
Old 10-22-17, 10:32 AM

Administrator
thoughts on the glock 19?

Its a bit of a smaller gun than the XD9. 4.4 inch barrel compared to the 5 inch on the XD9. I'm thinking the XD9 would be more of my range gun and the glock would be more for home defense. XD9 with the longer barrel is more of an accuracy/range gun correct? Obviously it could be used as home defense as well.

I wouldn't be trading in anything, I would keep both. The XD9 I would use with mostly range ammo but I'd get some hollow point for the glock as it would be more for home defense. Obviously I would also take the glock to the range to get a feel for how it shoots but it would be mainly used for home protection.

I want both guns to be 9mm because cali ammo is going to get more expensive when they cut off online sales on Jan 1 2018. We will be forced to buy ammo from the gun shops. The gun shop I go to say they will price match what I find online but who knows what will happen if there is an ammo shortage in cali like there was a few years ago across the country that saw ammo prices increase like 50%. 9mm ammo is generally cheapest and it would just be easy for me to buy a bunch of bulk ammo for both guns before the online cut off dare since they are both 9mm. Only difference would be range ammo and self defense hollow point. Just makes things much easier for me with both guns being 9mm and most likely cheaper.

Thoughts? Good idea or am I being ridiculous? Should I just get used to the XD9 as my sole gun for now?
Old 10-22-17, 11:02 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
thoughts on the glock 19?

Its a bit of a smaller gun than the XD9. 4.4 inch barrel compared to the 5 inch on the XD9. I'm thinking the XD9 would be more of my range gun and the glock would be more for home defense. XD9 with the longer barrel is more of an accuracy/range gun correct? Obviously it could be used as home defense as well.

I wouldn't be trading in anything, I would keep both. The XD9 I would use with mostly range ammo but I'd get some hollow point for the glock as it would be more for home defense. Obviously I would also take the glock to the range to get a feel for how it shoots but it would be mainly used for home protection.

I want both guns to be 9mm because cali ammo is going to get more expensive when they cut off online sales on Jan 1 2018. We will be forced to by ammo from the gun shops. The gun shop I go to say they will price match what I find online but who knows what will happen if there is an ammo shortage in cali like there was a few years ago across the country that saw ammo prices increase like 50%. 9mm ammo is generally cheapest and it would just be easy for me to buy a bunch of bulk ammo for both guns before the online cut off dare since they are both 9mm. Only difference would be range ammo and self defense hollow point. Just makes things much easier for me with both guns being 9mm and most likely cheaper.

Thoughts? Good idea or am I being ridiculous? Should I just get use the XD9 for as my sole gun for now?

Glock 19 is my bedside gun. Would become my carry gun if I needed it. Great balance of size and capacity.

Stay the course. Stop reading about other firearms. Become proficient with the XD.

Edit to add:staying with one caliber is a great idea. The best thing about Glock. The 26 can use the magazine from.the 19. Makes for a great firearm system compatibility.
Bouncer likes this.
Old 10-22-17, 11:47 AM

Administrator
Having my morning coffee on a relaxing Sunday morning but I'm ready for the terrorists, communists, zombies or other undesirables.

BEAST likes this.
Old 10-22-17, 12:31 PM

Administrator
My first day at the range.

https://youtu.be/EdlXeNC-9BI
FrankTheTank55 and BEAST like this.
Old 10-23-17, 11:47 AM

Administrator
thinking about getting the olive drab glock 19 before california takes it off the approved new gun roster. each year cali takes guns off the list that don't do microstamping. considering the fact that no guns do that yet its a way for cali to stop selling new guns and basically a way to block the 2nd amendment. as long as you buy the gun before they are taken off the approved roster they will always be legal. should i get it considering the situation in cali or should i just wait and learn with the xd9 first?
Old 10-23-17, 11:56 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
i have bad OCD about certain things. i'm the opposite of a collector whatever the word is for that. i'm like that with everything. like if i had tons of money i would never have a fleet of cars. i would have 1 nice daily driver car like a Merc AMG GT and 1 nice SUV for bad weather or family trips like a Range Rover. i couldn't mentally deal with all the clutter of 20 cars and shit like that you see with celebs or pro athletes.

the only way I can see myself having multiple guns is something like 1 handgun, 1 rifle, 1 shotgun. it's a mental thing for sure.
How's that working out for you?
Old 10-23-17, 11:57 AM

Founding Member
Unless the ban is going into effect within the next couple weeks just take your time with the xd9.
lipripper likes this.
Old 10-23-17, 12:03 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
Unless the ban is going into effect within the next couple weeks just take your time with the xd9.
The gunshop has 3 of the olive drabs Glock 19's that I want and they won't be getting anymore. If it's taken off the list it will happen Jan 1st. So it is kind of urgent.
Old 10-23-17, 12:05 PM

Founding Member
You can still order online and have them shipped to your local gun shop right?
Old 10-23-17, 12:10 PM

Administrator
Quote:
You can still order online and have them shipped to your local gun shop right?
yea but there are fees specific to california when doing that. i can expect to pay roughly $100 more in fees by ordering from somewhere else and having it sent to my gunshop.
Old 10-23-17, 12:29 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
yea but there are fees specific to california when doing that. i can expect to pay roughly $100 more in fees by ordering from somewhere else and having it sent to my gunshop.
Another stupid ass tax to enjoy your 2nd amendment rights..
Old 10-23-17, 12:30 PM

Administrator
I think I'm gonna grab it before it's gone.
Old 10-23-17, 12:34 PM

Administrator
Lmao. First thing I see on Reddit. Yea I'm definitely grabbing the Glock before Cali takes it from us.

Old 10-23-17, 12:39 PM

Superior Admiral
LOL
Old 10-23-17, 02:40 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
My first day at the range.

https://youtu.be/EdlXeNC-9BI
Holy crap. I cringe watching those clips. Before they even fire when they are leaning backwards and not gripping firmly. They are anticipating recoil and only making it worse.
lipripper likes this.

Last edited by chuckz28; 10-23-17 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-23-17, 03:08 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
Holy crap. I cringe watching those clips. Before they even fire when they are leaning backwards and not gripping firmly. They are anticipating recoil and only making it worse.
This was the best one. What a stupid fuck.

Old 10-23-17, 03:11 PM

Administrator
Scrumhalf with his first gun..

Old 10-23-17, 10:06 PM

Administrator
More ammo.

Old 10-24-17, 01:48 AM

Founding Member
Sheesh. Certified nutter here. Lol
Old 10-24-17, 09:56 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
Sheesh. Certified nutter here. Lol
it's funny. I can definitely see myself a few months ago seeing my current self exactly as you describe above.

but once you realize (especially in California) how fast things are being taken away from us from online ammo sales to a smaller and smaller approved firearms list each year you realize you better grab what you want before the new year when the bans kick in.

once the online ammo sales are gone the only place we will be able to buy ammo is the gunshops. they will control the market and there is no cali law in place to prevent them from raising prices. in fact i would bet the state probably has no problem at all with higher ammo prices, goes along with their agenda of making it harder and harder to acquire weapons and ammo.

i'm not some "gotta get as much ammo as i can for the apocalypse" type fella. for me it's more about saving as much money as I can before the gunshops control the market and have no competition from online sales. i have zero doubt ammo prices in Cali will be twice as much as they currently are in 2-3 years time. at first the gunshops will keep prices low but they will slowly increase every few months so people don't notice it much. no doubt about it.

i also purchased the Olive Drab Glock 19 yesterday. can't pick it up for 30 days though because of the once per month gun sale law and 10 day cooling off period law. lol. there is a very good chance the Glock 19 is not on the approved cali gun roster in 2018 so again I had to grab it before I can't legally do so.
chuckz28 likes this.
Old 10-24-17, 10:14 AM

Superior Admiral
30 days wait..10 day wait...WTF..stupid ass gun law..you already have one..so you could go do all the harm you want..feel good political BS law to impede law abiding citizens...LMFAO
Old 10-24-17, 10:32 AM

Administrator
Quote:
30 days wait..10 day wait...WTF..stupid ass gun law..you already have one..so you could go do all the harm you want..feel good political BS law to impede law abiding citizens...LMFAO
yup. and i have a feeling more shit laws are coming because of vegas shooting. there is going to be a barrage of gun legislation in 2018 across the country and cali is the most likely of all the states to put that legislation into law. that's why i'm in such a hurry to get what i want.

i can honestly see laws in cali coming soon like.. (can only buy 500 rounds per month) or (have to declare how much ammo you have in your possession.) Sounds crazy but I am out here and I am reading the laws here and how they have changed so fast over the last few years, it's changing rapidly.

the goal for the state is to choke out the 2nd amendment to death. this is most obvious with the microstamping law. no gun made from any company does this yet cali says no new guns can be sold in cali without this microstamping technology.
Old 10-24-17, 11:01 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Rado, what do you carry?
yea whats up with rado avoiding this thread like the plague. the mother fucks takes pics of every single god damn meal he eats, his shoelaces, and his god damn penny loafers.

where you at rado, i wanna see your guns bro.

turbo, you too you faggot.
Old 10-24-17, 11:55 AM

Founding Member
B, at least in California they just gave final legislative approval to a bill that would reduce from a felony to a misdemeanor the crime of knowingly exposing a sexual partner to HIV without disclosing the infection. I mean that's good.

You can become something that doesn't exist (non binary) and now give someone aids and just get a slap on the wrist. lol What is happening in California?? I get it the weather is awesome but no way I would eve live there.
lipripper likes this.
Old 10-24-17, 12:00 PM

Administrator
knowingly exposing someone to HIV should be grounds for execution. i volunteer.

i'm going to the range today. line the fuckers up so i dont have to buy targets.
Old 10-24-17, 04:13 PM

Administrator
25 yards first target. Not bad for never shooting ever. Lol. Was going more for head shots on this one.

Shot a total of 200 rounds in about an hour.

Loved it. $25 no time limit. Can't hear out of left ear. LoL.

I got the bug now.

I was shooting with the Winchester plus P rounds. I'm sure I'd be a bit more accurate with normal rounds with a little less kick back? Anyway, great time.

chuckz28 and lipripper like this.
Old 10-24-17, 04:22 PM

Administrator
Correction that was 15 yards not 25. Lol.
Old 10-24-17, 04:49 PM

Founding Member
Hey not bad. Good hearing protection is a must for sure. Once you start to get good form and higher comfort it's a good idea to practice shooting from a gun lowered position to raise, quick aim and fire two or 3 quick succession rounds. Makes for a more realistic use scenario. Generally done at a much closer range like 3-7 yards since that's where most engagements occur.
Bouncer likes this.
Old 10-24-17, 04:58 PM

Administrator
Yea the first few shots were the ones on the white part of the paper. Once I got a feel for it I started hitting better.

It's not so much the loudness of the guns that hurt my ear but the pressure. Someone had a monster shotgun or some shit. Hit like a sonic boom lol.

Ripper you were making fun of me for having an issue with loading the magazines but you didn't tell me they loosen up once the ammo is put in them a few times. I had no issue loading it today. Brand new mags are stiff as a mother fucker.
Old 10-24-17, 08:07 PM

Founding Member
How much was the glock? Curious. They are cheap as shit here in Ga.

Rado was always talking about carrying his piece. He might be jealous that B is now cooler with a gun. Something is up for sure.
Old 10-25-17, 01:42 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post
How much was the glock? Curious. They are cheap as shit here in Ga.

Rado was always talking about carrying his piece. He might be jealous that B is now cooler with a gun. Something is up for sure.
$499

Yea Rado strange fella sometimes. Thought he liked guns. You'd think he'd at least discuss them a bit. Maybe he got his taken away cause he's a filthy criminal.
Old 10-25-17, 04:47 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Yea the first few shots were the ones on the white part of the paper. Once I got a feel for it I started hitting better.

It's not so much the loudness of the guns that hurt my ear but the pressure. Someone had a monster shotgun or some shit. Hit like a sonic boom lol.

Ripper you were making fun of me for having an issue with loading the magazines but you didn't tell me they loosen up once the ammo is put in them a few times. I had no issue loading it today. Brand new mags are stiff as a mother fucker.
Lmao....your learning grasshopper

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-17, 04:50 AM

Superior Admiral
Pretty good shooting B....I knew you'd like that XD good stuff brother

Old 10-25-17, 08:54 AM

Founding Member
Looks like you did pretty good for the first time. It is lots of fun. Can get expensive but fun!
Old 10-25-17, 10:27 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Looks like you did pretty good for the first time. It is lots of fun. Can get expensive but fun!
Only $25 bucks with no time limit bro. Targets are like .50 cents a piece. That shits cheap. Place is nice. But yea ammo I guess is what your talking about. Was surprised how fast you can go through 200 rounds. Even with 10 round mag capacity.
Old 10-25-17, 10:52 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Pretty good shooting B....

Quote:
Looks like you did pretty good for the first time.
I was shooting slow on the first target. on the second target at the same distance i shot much faster and it was an absolute mess lol. all over the fucken place.

the max distance you could send the target was 40 yards i think. doesn't sound like that far of a distance but you can't even see any details on the target at that distance. i assume that is for people with scopes or something? i'm sure i could have gotten a few lucky shots but it would have been just that, luck. there is no way i could hit a specific place on the target at that distance, all you can see is the outline of the target and some color. if i aimed for the stomach i might hit the head etc.. can people really hit accurately with a pistol with standard sights at that distance?
Old 10-25-17, 11:00 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
I was shooting slow on the first target. on the second target at the same distance i shot much faster and it was an absolute mess lol. all over the fucken place.

the max distance you could send the target was 40 yards i think. doesn't sound like that far of a distance but you can't even see any details on the target at that distance. i assume that is for people with scopes or something? i'm sure i could have gotten a few lucky shots but it would have been just that, luck. there is no way i could hit a specific place on the target at that distance.
Pistol qualifications in the Army targets out to 100 meters. Here's my thoughts...I'm not a precision shooter with a pistol..thru my training I try to hit the target...threat.,.center mass. It's all I need...ya put one in his chest..your good to go. Most real world situations with a pistol will be under 10 yds. Just aim center mass and kill him period. Target shooting is different...but it's all good training.. practice...

Bouncer likes this.
Old 10-25-17, 11:03 AM

Founding Member
Yeah I was referring to ammo. I can go through 500 rounds in no time!

I hardly ever shoot past 20 yards with my pistols. Most of the time it's 10-15 yards.
lipripper likes this.
Old 10-25-17, 11:10 AM

Administrator
damn, 100 meters = 109 yards. that's over a football field distance. that's nuts. i can't imagine even the best shooters in the world could hit with any sort of accuracy with a pistil with standard sights. do you just have to hit the thing or do you need to have a grouping on the target? at that distance even with 20/20 vision there is no way you can even see whare you are hitting so I don't know how you could have any sort of grouping.
Old 10-25-17, 11:15 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Yeah I was referring to ammo. I can go through 500 rounds in no time!

I hardly ever shoot past 20 yards with my pistols. Most of the time it's 10-15 yards.
yea, when i sent out the target the first time i set it to 20 yards. i was like "ehhhh yea no" lol. 20 yards sounds like nothing but its fucken far when you are aiming for specific areas. i immediately brought it back to 15 yards.

i didn't even try 10 because in my head i just assumed it was way to close but i guess i wasn't really thinking correctly because as rip said that is where most self defense shooting will take place.

next time I go (next week) im going to shoot at 10 yards and work on close groupings at center mass bullseye where you are most likely to hit in a real life defense situation. after I get accurate there I'll go for some head shot accuracy just cause it's fun. :P
Old 10-25-17, 11:21 AM

Administrator
will the glock 19 feel completely different to shoot compared to the xd9? they are both 9mm but the glock is a shorter barrel and i assume every manufacturer has a different feel and shooting "personality" for lack of a better word.
Old 10-25-17, 11:27 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
will the glock 19 feel completely different to shoot compared to the xd9? they are both 9mm but the glock is a shorter barrel and i assume every manufacturer has a different feel and shooting "personality" for lack of a better word.

Biggest things with Glock is the grip angle. Some people love it, some hate it. I like the Glock grip because I can grip the gun real high near the bore. Grips, triggers, barrel length will effect how it performs.
Bouncer likes this.
Old 10-25-17, 11:40 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
damn, 100 meters = 109 yards. that's over a football field distance. that's nuts. i can't imagine even the best shooters in the world could hit with any sort of accuracy with a pistil with standard sights. do you just have to hit the thing or do you need to have a grouping on the target? at that distance even with 20/20 vision there is no way you can even see whare you are hitting so I don't know how you could have any sort of grouping.
Its an "IVAN" target..basically a half life sized man target made of plastic. It..POPS up..ya got about 8 or 10 seconds it goes down. If you hit target it drops.
Old 10-25-17, 11:42 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
All guns will have a slightly different feel and felt recoil. But I always say a 9mm is a 9mm and so on..you wont see much difference..
Old 10-25-17, 11:49 AM

Administrator
Quote:
All guns will have a slightly different feel and felt recoil. But I always say a 9mm is a 9mm and so on..you wont see much difference..
how about the difference between the 9mm ammo. all i shot yesterday was the nato rounds that are +P rounds. if i shoot standard 9mm ammo that isn't +P will i notice a difference in terms of recoil?

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0