SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page Syria signs Paris Agreement

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Turbo3000
  • 2 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By M00chie69

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-17, 10:53 AM
Syria signs Paris Agreement

... leaving the US as the only nation in the "No" camp. That's American exceptionalism, I guess.

Syria signs Paris Agreement - leaving US only country in the world to refuse climate change deal

Syria has become a signatory of the Paris climate agreement, leaving the US as the only country in the world not to support the framework deal to combat greenhouse gas emissions.

Syria signs Paris Agreement - leaving US only country in the world to refuse climate change deal | The Independent
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-17, 11:54 AM

Administrator
yea scrum, lets give praise to the brutal Syria regime and take a jab at America why we do it.

do you honestly believe Syria gives 2 flying fucks about the Paris agreement? LMFAO. this is about improving their world image. I'd bet my toe that Putin made the suggestion to them knowing dipshit trump pulled us out of it and it would create the exact headline you just fell for.

Can't believe as smart as you are that you can be so gullible sometimes.

We can talk about how stupid it was for trump to do what he did, but don't praise that POS al-Assad.
Old 11-07-17, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
yea scrum, lets give praise to the brutal Syria regime and take a jab at America why we do it.

do you honestly believe Syria gives 2 flying fucks about the Paris agreement? LMFAO. this is about improving their world image. I'd bet my toe that Putin made the suggestion to them knowing dipshit trump pulled us out of it and it would create the exact headline you just fell for.

Can't believe as smart as you are that you can be so gullible sometimes.

We can talk about how stupid it was for trump to do what he did, but don't praise that POS al-Assad.
Wow.

You have made my point for me.

Even the brutal Syrian regime gets it. We don't.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-17, 01:06 PM

Administrator
THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE CLIMATE.

it's political. making trump look stupid. and yes, we agree, trump was stupid for pulling out of the Paris agreement.

but you've become so extreme in your views you are willing to side with a person like al-assad over your own country simply to prove a point that most of us understand already... trump was stupid to pull out.
Old 11-07-17, 01:08 PM

I give up. Intelligent discourse is extinct on this forum.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-17, 01:12 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post

Seems to be alive and well. You don't like what is being said, so you get mad and don't agree.
Bouncer and lipripper like this.
Old 11-07-17, 01:12 PM

Administrator
Quote:

no, you simply can't see any other viewpoint besides your own. you are one of the most biased people I know.

i clearly agree with you in terms of the Paris agreement.

i don't agree with using propaganda like "even Syria joins the Paris agreement" even though you know damn well it's a political move with no real meaning or care for the environment.
Turbo3000 and lipripper like this.
Old 11-07-17, 01:14 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
no, you simply can't see any other viewpoint besides your own. you are one of the most biased people I know.

i clearly agree with you in terms of the Paris agreement.

i don't agree with using propaganda like "even Syria joins the Paris agreement" even though you know damn well it's a political move with no real meaning or care for the environment.
I agree. I'm confused. He is missing the point that Syria could give two fucks about the climate. This was done for politics.
Old 11-07-17, 01:19 PM

Sigh.

The point is that NOBODY needs to quit the Paris agreement. It is NON-BINDING. Even Syria gets it. Every stupid-ass country in the world gets it. We could have stayed in there and JUST NOT MET THE COMMITMENTS. There are no penalties, nothing is written in stone. AS it turns out, we are the only outlier in the entire world. For what? It's stupid.

I'm done here.
Old 11-07-17, 01:21 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Sigh.

The point is that NOBODY needs to quit the Paris agreement. It is NON-BINDING. Even Syria gets it. Every stupid-ass country in the world gets it. We could have stayed in there and JUST NOT MET THE COMMITMENTS. There are no penalties, nothing is written in stone. AS it turns out, we are the only outlier in the entire world. For what? It's stupid.

I'm done here.
Angry scrum today.
Old 11-07-17, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post
Angry scrum today.
That's because the US and other western countries have had 200 years of unlimited use of fossil fuels since the industrial revolution to grow their economies. Now, yes, we need to move the goalposts but it is only fair that those who have benefited from fossil fuels make some allowances to those who didn't to level the playing field. In my opinion, it is a small price to pay for the greater good. It is what being a world leader is all about. It's not that the other countries are getting a free ride, like some people like to portray.
Old 11-07-17, 01:26 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
That's because the US and other western countries have had 200 years of unlimited use of fossil fuels since the industrial revolution to grow their economies. Now, yes, we need to move the goalposts but it is only fair that those who have benefited from fossil fuels make some allowances to those who didn't to level the playing field. In my opinion, it is a small price to pay for the greater good. It is what being a world leader is all about. It's not that the other countries are getting a free ride, like some people like to portray.
I agree with everything you said.
Old 11-07-17, 01:27 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Sigh.

I'm done here.
We all agree jackass! Lol. God damn scrum.

I'm just pointing out that you are buying into and using a horrible persons propaganda to prove a point about how stupid Trump was to pull out.

It's not in good taste to make your point like that.
Old 11-07-17, 01:34 PM

Quote:
We all agree jackass! Lol. God damn scrum.

I'm just pointing out that you are buying into and using a horrible persons propaganda to prove a point about how stupid Trump was to pull out.

It's not in good taste to make your point like that.
And I'm pointing out that it's not that I have any great regard for Bashar Al-Assad. How naive do you think I am?

The point is that there were only two countries other than the US that didn't sign on. One was Nicaragua, and they didn't sign because they thought Paris was NOT AGRESSIVE ENOUGH. Finally they did sign. And the other was Syria, maybe because they were preoccupied with other pressing matters? I don't know. But even Syria realized that this is free positive PR that only an idiot would leave on the table.

LOL at being biased. I keep it real. I have zero problems looking in the mirror and pointing out the warts. Unlike many of you guys. You think America is hot shit that can do no wrong. Sorry to disappoint you. America is great is some ways, not so great in others. Put down the greatest country in the world, land of the free, love it or leave it koolaid. That's for country bumpkin flag waving rah rah imbeciles. The guy who loves his country the best is the one who has no trouble calling out its problems without hesitation.
Old 11-07-17, 01:37 PM

Administrator
Quote:
And I'm pointing out that it's not that I have any great regard for Bashar Al-Assad. How naive do you think I am?

The point is that there were only two countries other than the US that didn't sign on. One was Nicaragua, and they didn't sign because they thought Paris was NOT AGRESSIVE ENOUGH. Finally they did sign. And the other was Syria, maybe because they were preoccupied with other pressing matters? I don't know. But even Syria realized that this is free positive PR that only an idiot would leave on the table.

LOL at being biased. I keep it real. I have zero problems looking in the mirror and pointing out the warts. Unlike most of you guys. You think America is hot shit that can do no wrong. Sorry to disappoint you. America is great is some ways, not so great in others. Put down the greatest country in the world, land of the free, love it or leave it koolaid. That's for country bumpkin flag waving rah rah imbeciles. The guy who loves his country the best is the one who has no trouble calling out its problems without hesitation.
How many times have I said I agree with you on the Paris agreement? How many times have I said Trump is a dumbass on multiple levels? Yet you say I believe America is hot shit and can do no wrong? Wtf?
Old 11-07-17, 01:43 PM

It has been said in so many words, and it has been insinuated. Frequently. I'm biased, I'm always anti-American. But remember, the only way for a country to get better is by critically examining itself for flaws. I'm not the guy who's going to wrap myself in the flag and declare what a wonderful place this is and people should get on their knees and thank God they were born American. Fuck that. That's for idiots. I'm interested in figuring out how we can be better, how we can reach the ideal that we are so short of achieving.
Old 11-07-17, 01:49 PM

Administrator
Quote:
It has been said in so many words, and it has been insinuated. Frequently. I'm biased, I'm always anti-American. But remember, the only way for a country to get better is by critically examining itself for flaws. I'm not the guy who's going to wrap myself in the flag and declare what a wonderful place this is and people should get on their knees and thank God they were born American. Fuck that. I'm interested in figuring out how we can be better, how we can reach the idea that we are so short of achieving.
I'm not wrapping myself in any flag either. I don't really like the concept of "patriotism" because I believe it creates an inability to see the viewpoint of anyone else.

But you also seem to have issues in seeing the viewpoint of anyone else. You've admitted that you are extreme left. Being "extreme" anything is akin to being patriotic in that you have an inability to even try to see a different perspective because you are so firmly rooted in your beliefs.
Old 11-07-17, 01:55 PM

I am a progressive. That means that I believe government has an important role to play in the welfare fo the people. I know that it is not a popular opinion around here, but that's what I believe. But that has nothing to do with climate change, with supporting science. It certainly has something to do with social issues. I believe that universal healthcare is a right, not a privilege and I don't mind paying extra to enable that.

That being said, show me where I have been rigid in my beliefes in the face of evidence. I may disagree on things but I'm not holding any position that flies in the face of evidence or reason.
Old 11-07-17, 02:00 PM

Administrator
Quote:
I am a progressive. That means that I believe government has an important role to play in the welfare fo the people. I know that it is not a popular opinion around here, but that's what I believe. But that has nothing to do with climate change, with supporting science. It certainly has something to do with social issues. I believe that universal healthcare is a right, not a privilege and I don't mind paying extra to enable that.

That being said, show me where I have been rigid in my beliefes in the face of evidence. I may disagree on things but I'm not holding any position that flies in the face of evidence or reason.
And I agree with you in many aspects of the debates we have had over the years. I can see the viewpoints of rip, turbo, and yourself. Sometimes I side with you, sometimes I side with them. I have no allegiance to the right or the left. I side with what makes sense to me.

But as an example. I'm sitting here saying over and over again how I agree with you on the Paris agreement and how I think trump is a dipshit on multiple levels and you keep trying to hammer home that I think America can do no wrong. You are literally making things up to try and paint a picture of my view that just isn't true.
Old 11-07-17, 02:01 PM

Superior Amateur
Scrum. I bet you read r/politics. Right?

These are the type of headlines posted there. Itís just a giant liberal circle jerk where where people post headlines like this and get each other outraged. This is no different than Fox News. The extreme left and the extreme right are the same at the end of the day and they spend their life looking for headlines to get outraged over.

The sanity is somewhere closer to the center. It sounds to me like you are getting sucked into one of the extremes. I hope you take this constructively and donít blow up on me.
Turbo3000 likes this.
Old 11-07-17, 02:07 PM

What is r/politics? Haven't heard of it.
Old 11-07-17, 02:09 PM

Administrator
you know damn well r/ anything has to do with reddit. you fibbing fuck.
Old 11-07-17, 02:12 PM

Actually, I don't. But now that you mention it, I vaguely remember that r/ convention. Never been on reddit except on occasion when you or someone else posts a link here to some specific page. It's just too messy for me. Reminds me of Usenet.
Old 11-07-17, 02:38 PM

Superior Amateur
Quote:
What is r/politics? Haven't heard of it.
A progressive internet savvy guy in the tech/engineering industry doesnít know what Reddit is? Come on man you donít expect me to believe this. Fake news lol
Old 11-07-17, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
The sanity is somewhere closer to the center. It sounds to me like you are getting sucked into one of the extremes. I hope you take this constructively and donít blow up on me.
I read Alternet. I read and watch Democracy Now. I read the Guardian and various newspapers from various countries in Europe and Haaretz in Israel. I read Al Jazeera's English twitter feed. I get my news from various sources. I'm not some guy who's going to get indoctrinated. I've been doing science and critical thinking since I left home at 17.

Old 11-07-17, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
A progressive internet savvy guy in the tech/engineering industry doesnít know what Reddit is? Come on man you donít expect me to believe this. Fake news lol
I didn't say I don't know what Reddit is. I said I haven't used Reddit. I've been on it but I don't care for the format. Like I said, it reminds me too much of Usenet and I spent a lifetime on it since the early 80s when I started college.

Last edited by Scrumhalf; 11-07-17 at 02:52 PM.
Old 11-07-17, 03:05 PM

Founding Member
I can't stand reddits format either. Not a user freindly UI at all. I've maybe visited it 2 or 3 times and found it to be far to frustrating to use.

As for the topic at hand, what is the difference if we are in the Paris agreement or not if the Trump admin won't follow it anyway? Useless words on paper at that point. He's going to suck eggs at giving a shit regardless of a non binding agreement or not.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0