SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page this shits getting fucking stupid..

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By chuckz28
  • 2 Post By Gods Son
  • 1 Post By Chadd77
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 2 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By Chadd77
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 2 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By Chadd77

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-17, 01:16 PM
this shits getting fucking stupid..

Superior Admiral
FUCK CALI...and this extra liberal mindset bullshit.. Farmers market...REALLY?? Funny..farmers markets around here are mostly black farmers selling their crops.. good damn fruit n veggies too!!

Two California professors are criticizing farmers’ markets for causing “environmental gentrification” in which “habits of white people are normalized.”
San Diego State University geography professors Pascale Joassart-Marcelli and Fernando J. Bosco contend that farmers’ markets are “white spaces” oppressing minorities in a chapter for "Just Green Enough," an environmental anthology focused on urban development.

Environmental gentrification is defined as a process where “environmental improvements lead to … the displacement of long-term residents,” according to the anthology.

The professors, as reported by Campus Reform, say farmers’ markets are “exclusionary” because locals cannot “afford the food and/or feel excluded from these new spaces.”

The SDSU professors, who teach classes like “Geography of Food” and “Food Justice,” argue that “farmers’ markets are often white spaces where the food consumption habits of white people are normalized.”

While such markets are typically set up to help combat “food deserts” in low-income and minority communities, the academics argue that they instead “attract households from higher socio-economic backgrounds, raising property values and displacing low-income residents and people of color.”

“The most insidious part of this gentrification process is that alternative food initiatives work against the community activists and residents who first mobilized to fight environmental injustices and provide these amenities but have significantly less political and economic clout than developers and real estate professionals,” the professors argue.

They claim that, while “curbing gentrification is a vexing task,” the negative externalities of “white habitus” formed at farmers’ markets can be managed through “slow and inclusive steps that balance new initiatives and neighborhood stability to make cities ‘just green enough.’”

Joassart-Marcelli and Bosco received funding from the National Science Foundation to research “the role of food in structuring everyday life in immigrant and low-income urban neighborhoods.”
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-17, 01:27 PM

Administrator
Moving to Scottsdale AZ.

Same climate. Less gay.

Plus I can shoot rattle snakes and scorpions and claim self defense.
amj8858 likes this.
Old 12-28-17, 04:01 PM

Founding Member
You only like locally grown fresh veggies because you're white and you're trying to support your rascist white privilege.
lipripper likes this.
Old 12-28-17, 04:39 PM

Superior Pro
I actually know more Blk conservatives than Liberals.... Hell 75% of Blks live in Red States... Dont listen to the fake news.... A lil common sence goes a long way
jack tors and lipripper like this.
the south is fucken gay
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-17, 03:46 AM

Superior Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Moving to Scottsdale AZ.

Same climate. Less gay.

Good choice. I grew up in AZ. Make sure you go to tempi and check out the sites on mill ave. You’ll love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-29-17, 10:13 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by amj8858 View Post
Good choice. I grew up in AZ. Make sure you go to tempi and check out the sites on mill ave. You’ll love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea I been all over AZ. North AZ when I was a kid to the grand canyon. Phoenix, Scottsdale, and down to Tucson as an adult. Love the desert. Beautiful landscape. Little hot in the summer but I'm already in a part of Cali where its well over 100 degrees from pretty much June-Aug so it doesn't bother me. Humidity bothers me far more than dry heat.
Old 01-02-18, 05:49 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Moving to Scottsdale AZ.

Same climate. Less gay.

Great place. I lived there for 4 years.
Old 01-03-18, 07:38 AM

Founding Member
B, are you considering moving? No way I would want to live there.

Now they are starting to teach 2nd graders about LGBT rights. lol I would absolutely send my kids to private school. I don't want my 7 year old daughter learning about transgenders.
lipripper likes this.
Old 01-03-18, 10:57 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post

Now they are starting to teach 2nd graders about LGBT rights. lol I would absolutely send my kids to private school. I don't want my 7 year old daughter learning about transgenders.
Not only that but they signed a true sanctuary state law that says anyone that makes it into California illegally will be protected. They are now actively encouraging illegal behavior. The thinking of this state is indeed getting very odd IMO.

So yea, to answer your question, I am bro. I wasn't kidding about Scottsdale AZ.
Chadd77 likes this.
Old 01-03-18, 12:33 PM

Administrator
I feel bad for the good Mexican people who go by the book and do things legally. All this Cali law does is slap them in the face. It allows Mexicans not willing to take the legal steps to just walk right in. All this does is discourage anyone following the law. You will see a huge increase in people trying to get across the boarder illegally. California is disregarding multiple federal laws at this point.

It's a shame. In so many ways Cali leads the nation. From tech, to environment, to science etc.. In that regard the Cali Gov has their heads on straight. But on immigration, the 2nd amendment, and legitimizing a mental disorder (transgender) the cali Gov has it's head up it's ass.
Old 01-03-18, 12:49 PM

Founding Member
Hopefully they don't elect another liberal nutjob. His views are so far left it's unreal. Like you said, it is a shame.
Old 01-03-18, 01:35 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
I feel bad for the good Mexican people who go by the book and do things legally. All this Cali law does is slap them in the face. It allows Mexicans not willing to take the legal steps to just walk right in. All this does is discourage anyone following the law. You will see a huge increase in people trying to get across the boarder illegally. California is disregarding multiple federal laws at this point.

It's a shame. In so many ways Cali leads the nation. From tech, to environment, to science etc.. In that regard the Cali Gov has their heads on straight. But on immigration, the 2nd amendment, and legitimizing a mental disorder (transgender) the cali Gov has it's head up it's ass.
From a sociological standpoint I can understand being gay but I do not understand being transgender. Maybe I need to read some books on the subject.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Old 01-03-18, 01:51 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidFisherman View Post
From a sociological standpoint I can understand being gay but I do not understand being transgender. Maybe I need to read some books on the subject.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
When your brain cannot identify with your own body it is by definition a mental disorder.

Being gay is nothing like being transgender.
Chadd77 and lipripper like this.
Old 01-03-18, 02:09 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
When your brain cannot identify with your own body it is by definition a mental disorder.

Being gay is nothing like being transgender.
And then they want to teach it to 2nd graders?? What?? lol How can anyone think that makes sense?
lipripper likes this.
Old 01-03-18, 02:25 PM

Administrator
Quote:
And then they want to teach it to 2nd graders?? What?? lol How can anyone think that makes sense?
It makes sense to people making the rules with mental disorders themselves.

I don't give 2 shits about transgender people. I say let them do what they want, it's a free country. But DO NOT push that shit on me or force people to accept it as perfectly normal when it is absolutely not.

Human beings are either male or female. There is no inbetween. That is not some ignorant viewpoint, that's an absolute scientifically backed fact.

Having a shark fin surgically attached to my back and saying I identify as a great white does not make it so..
lipripper likes this.
Old 01-03-18, 04:33 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:

In many red states they teach creationism and that the Earth is only 6000 years old and don't teach evolution. Would you allow your daughter to attend such a class that goes completely against science?

Won't your daughter learn about transgenders eventually? Along with everything else like the birds and the bees? Also, here is more about that particular subject, the way you are presenting it as if they are now going to teach it in schools as part of the curriculum isn't correct.

Transgender controversy spills into Rocklin school board meeting | The Sacramento Bee
Old 01-03-18, 09:13 PM

Administrator
The only thing that needs to be taught in school about transgender is that it's a mental disorder.

That doesn't mean we should hate, disrespect, harm, or fear transgender people. But it shouldn't be accepted as perfectly normal either.
Chadd77 and lipripper like this.
Old 01-04-18, 07:38 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
The only thing that needs to be taught in school about transgender is that it's a mental disorder.

That doesn't mean we should hate, disrespect, harm, or fear transgender people. But it shouldn't be accepted as perfectly normal either.
Exactly! I'll teach my kids about transgenders. No reason for schools to even bring up this subject. Can't believe anyone would try and defend this. lol
Bouncer likes this.
Old 01-04-18, 07:04 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Exactly! I'll teach my kids about transgenders. No reason for schools to even bring up this subject. Can't believe anyone would try and defend this. lol
Nobody is defending this and it's also not currently in ANY school's curriculum. You guys are debating something that isn't happening.

But, should we teach creationism and that the earth is only 6000 years old in elementary schools like they do in Texas and other red states?
Old 01-04-18, 07:11 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Human beings are either male or female. There is no inbetween. That is not some ignorant viewpoint, that's an absolute scientifically backed fact.
This is a pretty black and white statement from a self proclaimed man of science. What about people who are born with both Male and Female genitals, also known as Intersex?

Based on your statement above what are these people? Male? Female? Not Human Beings?

What is intersex? | Intersex Society of North America
Old 01-04-18, 07:14 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
This is a pretty black and white statement from a self proclaimed man of science. What about people who are born with both Male and Female genitals, also known as Intersex?

Based on your statement above what are these people? Male? Female? Not Human Beings?

What is intersex? | Intersex Society of North America
They are deformities. Something went wrong in the creation process.

Sounds harsh but it's true.

Retardation is similar in that regard.
Old 01-04-18, 07:21 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
They are deformities. Something went wrong in the creation process.

That sounds harsh but it's true.
OK fair enough, but do you retract your statement that Human Beings are either male or female now that you know about Intersex? Also, there are people born with no genitals at all.

Also, do Transgenders fall into this deformity? Or is it all mental? Or hormonal? I think hormones play a huge role in all of this.

I have empathy for people with deformities. I also have empathy for people who think they are a female yet trapped inside a male's body. That would be awful.

Should we teach it in school? My answer: Who gives a fuck? This is something you'll learn about eventually just like having sex and making a baby. Whether you learn about it at age 7 or age 17 I'm not sure it really matters. Just something to get outraged about, I guess.
Old 01-04-18, 07:52 PM

Administrator
Quote:
OK fair enough, but do you retract your statement that Human Beings are either male or female now that you know about Intersex? Also, there are people born with no genitals at all.

Also, do Transgenders fall into this deformity? Or is it all mental? Or hormonal? I think hormones play a huge role in all of this.

I have empathy for people with deformities. I also have empathy for people who think they are a female yet trapped inside a male's body. That would be awful.

Should we teach it in school? My answer: Who gives a fuck? This is something you'll learn about eventually just like having sex and making a baby. Whether you learn about it at age 7 or age 17 I'm not sure it really matters. Just something to get outraged about, I guess.
Few things.

1. I was well aware of people born with physical abnormalities before you posted that link so please don't say "now that you know about intersex" as if you have just educated me on something.

2. Let's keep things in context here. People born with physical abnormalities are nothing like transgender people. 1 is a physical abnormality and the other is a mental disorder.

3. Yes I do feel empathy for these people in the same way I feel empathy for anyone with a mental disorder. It would suck and I can't imagine walking in their shoes.

4. It's not about being "taught" in school that bothers me as much as it is being "normalized" in school/media/culture that bothers me.

Treating a mental disorder as if it were not one is a dangerous thing. Again, just because I have a shark fin surgically attached to my back and identify as a great white does not make it so.
Old 01-04-18, 08:30 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Few things.

1. I was well aware of people born with physical abnormalities before you posted that link so please don't say "now that you know about intersex" as if you have just educated me on something.

2. Let's keep things in context here. People born with physical abnormalities are nothing like transgender people. 1 is a physical abnormality and the other is a mental disorder.

3. Yes I do feel empathy for these people in the same way I feel empathy for anyone with a mental disorder. It would suck and I can't imagine walking in their shoes.

4. It's not about being "taught" in school that bothers me as much as it is being "normalized" in school/media/culture that bothers me.

Treating a mental disorder as if it were not one is a dangerous thing. Again, just because I have a shark fin surgically attached to my back and identify as a great white does not make it so.
Fair Enough.

I do think I educated you on somethere here on your black/white statement that all human beings are either male or female. You could have gone with the chromosome route. Does the intersex person have a Y chromosome? If so it's a male - that would be one scientific way to look at all of this.
Old 01-04-18, 08:53 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Fair Enough.

I do think I educated you on somethere here on your black/white statement that all human beings are either male or female. You could have gone with the chromosome route. Does the intersex person have a Y chromosome? If so it's a male - that would be one scientific way to look at all of this.
Human beings born without a physical abnormality are male or female. I don't believe there is any in between. It's either male or female OR male or female with a defect.

I don't mean that in a harsh kind of way either. I agree with you in that I feel bad for people born like that. Be it mental or physical it must be really hard.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0