SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page State Of The Union Address

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-18, 02:25 PM

Superior Admiral
don't bring circumstantial situations into this..again..your playing games with the situation..because you cant honestly explain it.

If anyone does anything to influence an election if its a local hick town for mayor or one like this...your ok with that? you can find an excuse to allow interference in an election?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-18, 02:25 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
If your not honest enough to admit that..your so far left youll never admit anything.
Lip, what leads you to believe that I'm some extreme leftist just because I'm 1000% against Trump? I've said I voted for Bush, I've said I'm pro 2nd amendment and own guns, I've said I'm a big fan of Evan McMullan and even said I'm OK with Pence and even Paul Ryan.

I'm pretty consistent here. Why do you think I'm some extreme Bernie Sanders leftist? This is what Fox News does to you bro. Anyone who disagrees with you, regardless if they have a point or not is the "Extreme Enemy".

Come on man, I'm not some commie. MANY MANY republicans are against Trump. They see right through this piece of shit.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-18, 02:28 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
don't bring circumstantial situations into this..again..your playing games with the situation..because you cant honestly explain it.

If anyone does anything to influence an election if its a local hick town for mayor or one like this...your ok with that? you can find an excuse to allow interference in an election?
I'm OK with someone paying a Spy to do Spy work to find out of someone running for president of the united states is in bed with a foreign enemy. Period. That's my stance. Seems pretty rational.
Old 02-05-18, 02:32 PM

Superior Admiral
Steel..yep a real stand up guy...not partisan at all...fucking things that people do for money..LOL

Clinton associates were "feeding" allegations to former British spy Christopher Steele at the same time he was compiling the controversial anti-Trump dossier paid for by the Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign, according to an unclassified memo from senior Senate Republicans who recently made a criminal referral.

Those Republicans, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., had asked the Justice Department in January to investigate Steele based on evidence they say suggests he lied to the FBI about his contacts with the media (a violation of 18 USC 1001) -- or the FBI misrepresented Steele’s statements.

The lawmakers are now asking the FBI for an emergency review of their criminal referral so it can be made public, with limited redactions.

Steele already is under scrutiny over the unverified Trump dossier, which a House Intelligence Committee document released last Friday alleged was at the heart of the FBI and DOJ’s request for a surveillance warrant for a Trump associate.

The memo from Grassley and Graham, which is now public for the first time, provides new insight into Steele’s circle of contacts during that time. While heavily redacted, the memo states Steele said he received information that came from "a foreign sub-source who 'is in touch with (redacted), a contact of (redacted), a friend of the Clintons, who passed it to (redacted).”

"It is troubling enough that the Clinton Campaign funded Mr. Steele's work, but that these Clinton associates were contemporaneously feeding Mr. Steele allegations raises additional concerns about his credibility," the senators wrote to Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, who oversees the Russia probe, and FBI Director Christopher Wray.

"...there is substantial evidence suggesting that Mr. Steele materially misled the FBI about a key aspect of his dossier efforts, one which bears on his credibility,” the senators wrote.

Entire sections of the memorandum were redacted by the FBI on the basis that it contained classified information, though a review of the document shows the FBI redacted references to media reporting, including a Washington Post story available on the Internet.

The senators are asking for a declassification review because much of the information was declassified by the president when the House Intelligence Committee memo was released Friday. The memo found the dossier was used to obtain a surveillance warrant on Trump campaign aide Carter Page -- and neither the FBI nor Justice Department told the national security court that it was financed by the DNC and Clinton campaign, and bureau contact with Steele was terminated over his contact with the media.

While the FBI fought the release of that memo, the senators also say the FBI’s claims “mischaracterize and misstate” the amount of classified information in the Steele referral. The senators are asking that the FBI and Justice Department “immediately review the classified referral in light of [Friday’s] declassification and provide the Committee with the declassified version by no later than February 6, 2018.”

In a heavily redacted Jan. 19 letter, Gregory A. Brower, assistant director for FBI congressional affairs, said the FBI "respects" the committee's commitment to transparency but the bureau "cannot and will not weaken its commitment" to protecting classified information because it is in the public domain.

"Public reporting about (redacted) does not affect the FBI's policy with respect to classification (redacted) nor does it diminish our obligations (redacted),” he wrote.

The House Intelligence Committee has long struggled with the FBI and Justice Department over access to Trump dossier and surveillance records. After August subpoenas were ignored, the committee threatened to hold Wray and Rosenstein in contempt of Congress before a deal was reached.

The memo detailing alleged surveillance abuse by the FBI and Justice Department was fully declassified after the committee followed a long-standing congressional rule which asks the president whether he objects to the record's release. In this case, the president exercised his powers as commander-in-chief to immediately declassify the document.
Old 02-05-18, 02:35 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
Lip, what leads you to believe that I'm some extreme leftist just because I'm 1000% against Trump? I've said I voted for Bush, I've said I'm pro 2nd amendment and own guns, I've said I'm a big fan of Evan McMullan and even said I'm OK with Pence and even Paul Ryan.

I'm pretty consistent here. Why do you think I'm some extreme Bernie Sanders leftist? This is what Fox News does to you bro. Anyone who disagrees with you, regardless if they have a point or not is the "Extreme Enemy".

Come on man, I'm not some commie. MANY MANY republicans are against Trump. They see right through this piece of shit.
I don't care what you think of trump..see that's the problem..Its not about him!!! Its about the ACTIONS taken to INFLUENCE OUR POLITICAL PROCESS AND ELECTION.. turn on the switch..so you can see... Your so blinded because you don't like him..your willing to sacrifice how the country governs itself just to be rid of him.... LMFAO
Old 02-05-18, 02:36 PM

Superior Pro
What's your opinion on Devin Nunes, the guy who wrote that memo? A Stand up guy?

Devin Nunes just told Fox & Friends that Trump never met George Papadopoulos. Here's a picture of them together.

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) appeared on Fox & Friends on Monday to talk about the FBI's investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. Specifically, he made some questionable claims downplaying the importance of President Trump's former foreign policy adviser, George Papadopolous, who has proved surprisingly essential to a swirl of controversy in Washington.

Papadopolous triggered the FBI's probe of the Trump campaign and Russia, thanks to a drunken conversation with an Australian diplomat in which he touted Russia's hacking efforts against Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election. He has also been indicted for lying to the FBI — but Nunes claimed that none of that really matters, because Papadopolous played such a minor role in the Trump campaign. In fact, "as far as we can tell, Papadopoulos … never even had met with the president," Nunes told host Brian Kilmeade.

Devin Nunes just told Fox & Friends that Trump never met George Papadopoulos. Here's a picture of them together.
Old 02-05-18, 02:38 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
I don't care what you think of trump..see that's the problem..Its not about him!!! Its about the ACTIONS taken to INFLUENCE OUR POLITICAL PROCESS AND ELECTION.. turn on the switch..so you can see... Your so blinded because you don't like him..your willing to sacrifice how the country governs itself just to be rid of him.... LMFAO
It is about Trump. He's our president and he's not working on our best interests. That's the whole point of this. He's potentially working for Russia and we have assembled an independent investigation led by LIFELONG REPUBLICAN, and American hero Robert Mueller.

It's 100% about Trump.
Old 02-05-18, 02:39 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
What's your opinion on Devin Nunes, the guy who wrote that memo? A Stand up guy?

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) appeared on Fox & Friends on Monday to talk about the FBI's investigation into collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. Specifically, he made some questionable claims downplaying the importance of President Trump's former foreign policy adviser, George Papadopolous, who has proved surprisingly essential to a swirl of controversy in Washington.

Papadopolous triggered the FBI's probe of the Trump campaign and Russia, thanks to a drunken conversation with an Australian diplomat in which he touted Russia's hacking efforts against Hillary Clinton during the 2016 election. He has also been indicted for lying to the FBI but Nunes claimed that none of that really matters, because Papadopolous played such a minor role in the Trump campaign. In fact, "as far as we can tell, Papadopoulos never even had met with the president," Nunes told host Brian Kilmeade.

another bait and switch...gotta love it...LMAO
Old 02-05-18, 02:43 PM

Superior Pro
Rip, just remember. When your grandchildren are reading about the Traitor we have in the white house in their history books, you'll have to tell them that you voted for and supported and defended this clown. History is not going to look too kindly on Trump supporters.

Also, DOW just went down another 500 points today, after losing 665 points on Friday like it typically does when you cut taxes, cut regulations, and go to war with the FBI because your under investigation. See Nixon. See Bush tax cuts in 2004, go look at what preceded the great depression in the late 20s.
Old 02-05-18, 02:44 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
another bait and switch...gotta love it...LMAO
What? Bait and Switch? I'm right on topic. You just attacked Christopher Steele, and posted excerpts of Nunes' memo, so I responded to ask what you thought about Nunes since you don't think much of Steele. Did you even know Nunes wrote the memo?
Old 02-05-18, 02:47 PM

Superior Admiral
I can play that game too...here..go thru these and explain them..

Democrats heated over release of Nunes memo

With the release of the Nunes Memo, America is engaged in yet another round of debate over the Steele dossier and the FBI’s handling of its contents. Predictably, responses are falling on partisan lines, with Republicans hammering the FBI’s senior leadership while Democrats remain strongly supportive.

If you’re wondering who’s right, the preponderance of evidence leans towards the Republicans.

Here’s why.

For the past year, the GOP has argued that the senior leadership of the nation’s intelligence community – the FBI, CIA, NSA, and ODNI – has been biased in its engagement of matters related to Trump. Their concerns include:

Strzok & Page: Senior FBI officials Peter Strzok and Lisa Page have caused great consternation over their private text messages. Strzok, a self-described conservative Democrat, was a long-time counterintelligence agent with lead assignments on three key investigations. These included 1) the Hillary Clinton email scandal, 2) the Michael Flynn inquiry, and 3) the special counsel’s investigation into possible Trump – Russia collusion.

His influence at the FBI is hard to understate. According to the New York Times, Strzok was one of the most experienced and trusted agents within the entire organization.

Meanwhile, his colleague and secret lover Ms. Page served as an attorney within the Bureau’s Office of the General Counsel and, for a time, on Robert Mueller’s investigation. She was also a Clinton supporter.

It’s also a dubious political strategy. If senior FBI officials are rightfully under indictment next November rather than Trump, election night may not be as kind to The Resistance as one might hope.

In exchanges between Strzok and Page, both expressed views that are – at the very least – wildly inappropriate given their roles. For example, Page and several FBI colleagues discussed a vague “path” forward where candidate Trump would never be elected. Strzok was unconvinced. “I’m afraid we can’t take that risk,” he said, before making an equally cryptic reference about needing an “insurance policy” instead.

Page went on to say that Strzok should focus on “protect(ing) the country from that menace” (Trump). Her paramour agreed, adding, “I can protect our country at many levels.”

In another exchange, Page warned Strzok that the FBI might be too aggressive in its investigation of Clinton and her handling of classified emails. Page feared that the Democratic nominee would likely strike back in vengeance after she became president.

“The last thing you need [is] going in there loaded for bear,” Page said. “You think she’s going to remember or care that it was more [DOJ] than [FBI]?”

McCabe: Recently departed FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe also faces concerns of bias. First, his wife received political donations from a group tied to Hillary Clinton during a failed bid for the Virginia state senate in 2016. Additionally, he may have been present when Strzok and Page discussed the aforementioned “path” and related “insurance policy.” Why? According to text messages, the meeting where the conversation was held was in “Andy’s office.” This may or may not have been Andrew “Andy” McCabe.

The Ohrs: Department of Justice (DOJ) senior official Bruce Ohr and his wife Nellie also have peculiar connections to the Russia dispute. Mr. Ohr met with Mr. Steele both before and after the FBI dismissed the British national for exposing his dossier to the media. He also relayed Steele’s information to other officials within the FBI. Mrs. Ohr, for her part, conducted opposition research on Trump on behalf of her employer, Fusion GPS. Mr. Ohr shared this reporting with FBI colleagues too.

Comey: Former FBI Director James Comey has acknowledged that, on at least one occasion, he served as an unauthorized source for a New York Times story critical of the president. Recall that Comey possessed numerous memos regarding his meetings with Trump, with some of those interactions leaving him alarmed. But rather than pass the memos to Congress, he provided them first to a friend in New York with instructions to relay them to the Times. This conduct was a clear violation of FBI rules and protocol. It was also a possible violation of U.S. law given the sensitive, proprietary nature of the information leaked.

Comey, Brennan, & Clapper: In January 2017, Director Comey was also involved in another worrying episode when he, then-CIA Director John Brennan, and then-DNI James Clapper briefed the Steele dossier to a large number of elected officials in D.C. As the New York Times highlighted, this move was odd in that, by spreading the dossier’s uncorroborated allegations, Comey and company virtually assured the dossier would leak and be given a degree of credibility that it didn’t otherwise deserve.

Their decision is all the more perplexing given that each of the men downplayed or rejected the dossier’s claims within days of their briefing it.

Mueller: Though Mueller is widely regarded as fair-minded, some of his team members may not be. Of Mueller’s 15 known staffers, nine have faced scrutiny over their donations to Democrats (in general) and Hillary Clinton (in particular). Meanwhile, some Republicans express discomfort at Mueller’s longtime friendship with Comey. Given the latter’s possible misdeeds, GOP officials worry that Mueller might not be able to separate his friendship from his investigation in the event Comey becomes a person of interest.

For many Democrats, however, none of this warrants particular concern. Indeed, they argue that Trump and Republicans have engaged in nothing but partisan smears against a wholly innocent FBI. Indeed, some have gone so far as to warn Trump and Republicans about the consequences of angering the Bureau.

Consider the words of CNN analyst and former CIA and FBI officer Phillip Mudd, who said the following just days ago when referring to the Russian collusion investigation:

“You think you can push us off this? You better think again, Mr. President,” Mudd asserted. “You’ve been around for 13 months, we’ve been around since 1908. I know how this game is going to be played. We’re going to win.”

None of this is to argue that Trump, his administration, or Republicans have acted with unquestioned integrity or even common sense during the Russian imbroglio. Trump’s admission of firing Comey to stop the collusion investigation fanned fears of not just obstruction of justice but a hidden crime. The guilty pleas of former staffers Flynn and George Papadopoulos did nothing to dissuade those concerns.

Moreover, the Nunes Memo may have highlighted FBI shenanigans but did nothing to dismiss the underlying allegations of treason.

Accordingly, Republicans like Trey Gowdy, R-S.C., still support Mueller’s continued investigation. Reasonable people – including 71 percent of Americans – agree with him.

But make no mistake, Republicans will continue in their efforts against the FBI’s senior leadership. Part of that calculus is political, no doubt. But it’s also reflective of coming reports likely to support their claims of bias. Specifically, the DOJ’s Office of Inspector General is investigating many of the aforementioned allegations against Strzok, Page, McCabe, Ohr, and perhaps Comey. Those results should be released this spring.

It’s thus disappointing that Democrats in D.C. might minimize or dismiss the FBI’s questionable behavior. Our democracy deserves an airing of the unvarnished truth, even if frustratingly helpful to a president in the other party.

It’s also a dubious political strategy. If senior FBI officials are rightfully under indictment next November rather than Trump, election night may not be as kind to The Resistance as one might hope.
Old 02-05-18, 03:11 PM

Superior Pro
Lip, I enjoyed this debate and I will say you held your own this time around. Props.

Chadd and Turbo got ANNIHILATED in the NFL football thread, but props to you on this one. You've even got me thinking a little bit on the other side of this one.
Old 02-05-18, 03:20 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Lip, I enjoyed this debate and I will say you held your own this time around. Props.

Chadd and Turbo got ANNIHILATED in the NFL football thread, but props to you on this one. You've even got me thinking a little bit on the other side of this one.
That don't matter..what matters is that the integrity of our political system remains FAIR and BALANCED and if there is PROOF of mis doings..no matter who, they should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law period.
Keiser likes this.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0