SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page Baltimore Cops Carried Toy Guns to Plant on People They Shot

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Turbo3000
  • 1 Post By Keiser
  • 1 Post By Dc81
  • 1 Post By mofo
  • 2 Post By Scrumhalf

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-18, 01:52 PM
Baltimore Cops Carried Toy Guns to Plant on People They Shot

Superior Pro
Any surprise here?

Baltimore Cops Carried Toy Guns to Plant on People They Shot, Trial Reveals

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8...-reveals-vgtrn

One officer involved in the city's massive corruption scandal said officers kept the replicas "in case we accidentally hit somebody or got into a shootout, so we could plant them."

Last week, the beginning of an explosive corruption trial involving eight members of Baltimore's elite Gun Trace Task Force revealed that a handful of Baltimore cops allegedly kept fake guns in their patrol cars to plant on innocent people—a failsafe they could use if they happened to shoot an unarmed suspect, the Baltimore Sun reports.

Detective Maurice Ward, who's already pleaded guilty to corruption charges, testified that he and his partners were told to carry the replicas and BB guns "in case we accidentally hit somebody or got into a shootout, so we could plant them." The directive allegedly came from the team's sergeant, Wayne Jenkins, the Washington Post reports. Though Ward didn't say whether or not the tactic was ever used, Detective Marcus Taylor—another cop swept up in the scandal—was carrying a fake gun almost identical to his service weapon when he was arrested last year, according to the Sun.

The revelation is just one of many egregious abuses that have come out of the sprawling trial that the Sun has called "Baltimore’s biggest police corruption scandal in memory." Prosecutors say the squad, which was tasked with getting illegal guns off the streets, abused its power by robbing suspects and innocent people, raiding homes without warrants, and selling confiscated drugs, among other crimes.

But the BB gun testimony is particularly disturbing in light of 12-year-old Tamir Rice's death in 2014, the 13-year-old in Baltimore who was shot twice by cops in 2016 after he allegedly sprinted from them with a replica gun in his hand, and the 86 people fatally shot by police in 2015 and 2016 who were spotted carrying toy guns.

Six of the eight task force members charged in the corruption scandal have pleaded guilty to racketeering charges, but Taylor and Detective Daniel Hersl have pleaded not guilty. They're currently on trial while several of their former partners testify against them.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-18, 02:02 PM

Administrator
How come the media wants to cover only the bad shit cops do? Wonder how many stories of police heroism go unreported every single day?

Baltimore thing definitely isn't right and shouldn't be tolerated but the fucken media would have us believe that all cops are demons.
Old 02-05-18, 02:05 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
How come the media wants to cover only the bad shit cops do? Wonder how many stories of police heroism go unreported every single day?

Baltimore thing definitely isn't right and shouldn't be tolerated but the fucken media would have us believe that all cops are demons.
Because a bad cop is about the worst fucking scum of the earth. A bad accountant doesn’t kill people. You get the point.

Also because the media loves to keep us divided. I hope younunstand it isn’t about news. It is about division.
lipripper likes this.
Old 02-05-18, 02:06 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post
Because a bad cop is about the worst fucking scum of the earth. A bad accountant doesn’t kill people. You get the point.

Also because the media loves to keep us divided. I hope younunstand it isn’t about news. It is about division.
Media wants ratings. If division gives them that then that's what they will show. Hope you understand.
Old 02-05-18, 02:11 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Media wants ratings. If division gives them that then that's what they will show. Hope you understand.
There are plenty of good cop media stories. I can find plenty of examples for you, BUT if a cop is good aren't they just doing their job? Why report on someone who's doing what they were paid and trained to do?

If a cop is bad then innocent people lose their life and it's a really extreme fucked up situation and should be magnified 100x.
Old 02-05-18, 02:13 PM

Administrator
Point is the media gives a overly negative impression of police officers now. Social media picks those stories up and pretty soon you have a large group of people that really believe all cops are bad.
Old 02-05-18, 03:13 PM

Superior Pro
Fair point, and I agree for the most part about the media. But, I'm pretty outraged that this could happen. Planting fake guns?
lipripper likes this.
Old 02-05-18, 03:15 PM

Administrator
No excuse for the Baltimore shit. Definitely not defending it.
Old 02-05-18, 05:39 PM

Superior Newbie
If a good cops sits back and lets bad cops be corrupt. The good cop are also bad cops.

Dc.
Keiser likes this.
Old 02-05-18, 06:15 PM

Superior Freak
Just another day in the “Greatest City in America”.
lipripper likes this.
Old 02-05-18, 07:00 PM

Quote:

In related news, I came to work today on time, didn't grope anyone, didn't steal any pencils or or notebooks from the storeroom and worked an honest 8 hours. I need a damn medal.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
lipripper and AvidFisherman like this.
Old 02-05-18, 07:11 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
In related news, I came to work today on time, didn't grope anyone, didn't steal any pencils or or notebooks from the storeroom and worked an honest 8 hours. I need a damn medal.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
yea great, i'm talking about heroic shit you twit.
Old 02-05-18, 07:12 PM

Quote:
yea great, i'm talking about heroic shit you twit.
Coming to work and leaving without shooting or beating up anyone is heroic? They really need a pat on the head for that? That's pretty pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 02-05-18, 07:15 PM

Seriously, there are plenty of stories of cops genuinely helping people, talking some suicidal person off the ledge, etc.

The whole premise that good things aren't reported is false.

Old 02-05-18, 07:19 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Point is the media gives a overly negative impression of police officers now. Social media picks those stories up and pretty soon you have a large group of people that really believe all cops are bad.
bump this for scrum because he cant seem to understand context anymore.
Old 02-05-18, 07:32 PM

Quote:
bump this for scrum because he cant seem to understand context anymore.
I don't agree with the premise. I've seen plenty of positive cop stories recently.

Old 02-05-18, 07:38 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
I don't agree with the premise. I've seen plenty of positive cop stories recently.

It's what happens with those stories. You certainly wouldn't go out of your way to post one. People on social media certainly click that share button much less when it's positive news. There are people in this world that believe all cops are bad because of social media bubbles that are being created. It's not just about cops. It's all things negative and shitty. The media would have us believe that it's basically armageddon because fear and anger sells.
Old 02-06-18, 04:57 AM

Superior Admiral
Cops planting shits is a no go..hammer them...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 02-06-18, 11:08 AM

Superior Pro
It's a 2003 statistic, when I was taking a Justice Administration class, but 1 out of 10 cops are corrupt.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0