SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page MMA Female vs Male Video

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By lipripper
  • 3 Post By epix00
  • 2 Post By redback
  • 1 Post By epix00
  • 2 Post By rado
  • 1 Post By redback

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-18, 08:33 AM
MMA Female vs Male Video

Founding Member
Pro female vs untrained male.

This was hyped up for awhile and started over an online comment by a male. First event got shut down by cops so they filmed in secret location instead of live stream. Fighters became too friendly over the course so it was kind of disappointing.... still interesting though.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...93856427394639
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-18, 09:05 AM

Administrator
it's about more then just "untrained male vs MMA female" though isn't it?

i see plenty of males walking around that could be beat up by untrained females. lol.

i realize fighting skill counts for a whole lot. i am not discounting that at all. a female MMA fighter who weighs 120lbs will most likely beat the shit out of some twink untrained male who weighs 140lbs.

but lets just use me for example. i'm 235lbs and i'm stronger then a "normal" male. i've been in a few fights in my life but I am no MMA fighter that's for sure.

now lets take that trained 120lb MMA female and put her against me who outweighs her by 115lbs and has a height/reach advantage of probably 6-7 inches. i don't need to be incredibly skilled to win that fight..

it's a matter of physics at that point. you take a highly tuned speed bike that's capable of amazing speed and you crash that bike head on with a basic Toyota minivan the bike is going to lose that battle in dramatic fashion.

i guess my basic point is there is a reason weight classes exist. remember connor mcgregor vs that world strong man video? it was comical. that dude would have snapped connors neck with little effort in an actual fight.

now obviously there are exceptions. if you take some fat tub of shit male with zero muscle and no physical ability whatsoever then yea i can see the female easily winning that battle.
Old 02-06-18, 09:18 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post

i see plenty of males walking around that could be beat up by an untrained females. lol.

i realize fighting skill counts for a whole lot. i am not discounting that at all. a female MMA fighter who weighs 120lbs will most likely beat the shit out of some twink untrained male who weighs 140lbs.

but lets just use me for example. i'm 235lbs and i'm stronger then a "normal" male. i've been in a few fights in my life but I am no MMA fighter that's for sure.

now lets take that trained 120lb MMA female and put her against me who outweighs her by 115lbs and has a height/reach advantage of probably 6-7 inches. i don't need to be incredibly skilled to win that fight..

it's a matter of physics at that point. you take a highly tuned speed bike that's capable of amazing speed and you crash that bike head on with a basic Toyota minivan the bike is going to lose that battle in dramatic fashion.

i guess my basic point is there is a reason weight classes exist. remember connor mcgregor vs that world strong man video? it was comical. that dude would have snapped connors neck with little effort in an actual fight.

now obviously there are exceptions. if you take some fat tub of shit male with zero muscle and no physical ability whatsoever then yea i can see the female easily winning that battle.
So what you saying B....you can beat up girls

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Chadd77 and mofo like this.
Old 02-06-18, 09:20 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
So what you saying B....you can beat up girls

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
haha. you know what i'm saying.
Old 02-06-18, 10:05 AM

Founding Member
Yeah it's about more than that. I was just posting why they set up that particular match. To show that this specific guy thought he could beat a trained female fighter without being trained himself. He further went on about the same stuff you are saying bouncer. I'm going to try to find the original conversations and link it. I saw them last month.
Old 02-06-18, 11:23 AM

Founding Member
He really didn't want to strike her.
Old 02-06-18, 11:29 AM

Founding Member
Bouncer, you ever train before?
Old 02-06-18, 11:31 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by epix00 View Post
Bouncer, you ever train before?
MMA? no.
Old 02-06-18, 12:15 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
MMA? no.
Not any kind of Martial arts or wrestling?...When I say wrestling I don't mean rolling around with your boyfriend.
Old 02-06-18, 12:34 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Not any kind of Martial arts or wrestling?...When I say wrestling I don't mean rolling around with your boyfriend.
He just plays with titties.
Old 02-06-18, 12:36 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post
He just plays with titties.
Damn right you phone player.
Old 02-06-18, 12:50 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
A counter argument to this is Judo for example. It's designed to used Physics against you. Someone trained in Judo like Rhonda rousey could use leverage, slam you down and put you in an arm bar before you know what happened and break every ligament and bone in you arm with very little strength needed.
Old 02-06-18, 01:09 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiser View Post
A counter argument to this is Judo for example. It's designed to used Physics against you. Someone trained in Judo like Rhonda rousey could use leverage, slam you down and put you in an arm bar before you know what happened and break every ligament and bone in you arm with very little strength needed.
Yup anything is possible. But watch that video with Conor vs the strongman guy. That's why there are weight classes. If the strongman was serious and really wanted to hurt him he would have easily.
Old 02-06-18, 01:17 PM

Administrator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aaehn1aY8Ig
Old 02-06-18, 03:21 PM

Founding Member
Strength beats skill as long as the strength is enough to offset the difference in skill. An 7ft tall strongman couldn't be put in an armbar by the #1 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu female in the world if she weighs 120 lbs. He would pick her up and slam her face into the ground. If the strength difference is in the range where skill will outweigh it then it will win. Weight divisions are used to try and offset these advantages as much as possible (and to keep it legal as we are in a civilized country that requires this for promotions)
Bouncer, redback and lipripper like this.
Old 02-07-18, 06:52 AM

Founding Member
Quote:

i see plenty of males walking around that could be beat up by untrained females. lol.

Yeh I agree up to a point. There is a point where weight and strength become a deciding factor.

Cardio fitness is a massive part of it too though. Even if you outweigh the guy if you have no cardio you will get destroyed pretty much. I'm sure rado will tell you the cardio needed for any Greco or Jiu jitzu styles. I think you would be really surprised if you tried it. If you are not running/swiming etc on a regular you will be gassed out in about a min and all your toughness disappears and you can't do anything.

I am pretty new to Greco but I have had a guy who is 40lbs lighter than me absolutely destroy me. If you don't have fight cardio or any skills 40bls means fuk all. Maybe 100lbs??.
Bouncer and lipripper like this.
Old 02-07-18, 07:43 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by redback View Post
Yeh I agree up to a point. There is a point where weight and strength become a deciding factor.

Cardio fitness is a massive part of it too though. Even if you outweigh the guy if you have no cardio you will get destroyed pretty much. I'm sure rado will tell you the cardio needed for any Greco or Jiu jitzu styles. I think you would be really surprised if you tried it. If you are not running/swiming etc on a regular you will be gassed out in about a min and all your toughness disappears and you can't do anything.

I am pretty new to Greco but I have had a guy who is 40lbs lighter than me absolutely destroy me. If you don't have fight cardio or any skills 40bls means fuk all. Maybe 100lbs??.
The size and strength beat the cardio factor when you are strong enough to finish the fight at your will very quickly or you are too large where they can't tale you down or force you to make movements you do not want to make eliminating the cardio aspect. What I just said is an extreme example. As you go lower down on the size and strength scale of outclassing them then the skill and cardio aspects need to improve to stand a chance.

I train as well red. So I definitely agree with the cardio and overall fighting shape thinking. I'm 255-260 and let me give examples if I had 0 cardio for fighting and no skills....a toddler couldn't make me break a sweat even If they were as skilled as a world class champion. A 120 lb female blue belt in bjj can make me work a little bit but my size and strength would still crush them quickly. 160 lb female black belt I will give it 50/50, I can probably outmuscle her half the time. A 160 lb unskilled guy will be no problem since we both Haven t trained but a 160lb black belt guy would tap me by outlasting me and finishing me off when I am gassed.

Now the examples I gave are just my opinion on what I have seen in the gym or what just seems intuitive. This is also under training scenarios counting mats and padding, rules, and not fighting for fear of life or injury. This is also my opinion on a pure grappling match for a submission and not just wrestling. If you added striking I think the answers change and new factors exist.

Honestly as I re read this it really just fucking depends on so many factors regardless and even luck can play a role and each individual is totally different. Just adding some input to the convo.
redback likes this.
Old 02-07-18, 11:47 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
The size and strength beat the cardio factor when you are strong enough to finish the fight at your will very quickly or you are too large where they can't tale you down or force you to make movements you do not want to make eliminating the cardio aspect. What I just said is an extreme example. As you go lower down on the size and strength scale of outclassing them then the skill and cardio aspects need to improve to stand a chance.

I train as well red. So I definitely agree with the cardio and overall fighting shape thinking. I'm 255-260 and let me give examples if I had 0 cardio for fighting and no skills....a toddler couldn't make me break a sweat even If they were as skilled as a world class champion. A 120 lb female blue belt in bjj can make me work a little bit but my size and strength would still crush them quickly. 160 lb female black belt I will give it 50/50, I can probably outmuscle her half the time. A 160 lb unskilled guy will be no problem since we both Haven t trained but a 160lb black belt guy would tap me by outlasting me and finishing me off when I am gassed.

Now the examples I gave are just my opinion on what I have seen in the gym or what just seems intuitive. This is also under training scenarios counting mats and padding, rules, and not fighting for fear of life or injury. This is also my opinion on a pure grappling match for a submission and not just wrestling. If you added striking I think the answers change and new factors exist.

Honestly as I re read this it really just fucking depends on so many factors regardless and even luck can play a role and each individual is totally different. Just adding some input to the convo.
I think it also depends on the style. Take for instance boxing, if you are both sparring rounds the guy with no cardio/skills will last about 30secs and just get picked off even if he is 50lbs heavier. With no training or cardio he probably wouldn't land a punch in the the first minute if at all. Strength in that situation becomes irrelevant.

I would agree in wrestling styles weight and strength probably play a bigger factor though.
Old 02-08-18, 08:43 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
I think it also depends on the style. Take for instance boxing, if you are both sparring rounds the guy with no cardio/skills will last about 30secs and just get picked off even if he is 50lbs heavier. With no training or cardio he probably wouldn't land a punch in the the first minute if at all. Strength in that situation becomes irrelevant.

I would agree in wrestling styles weight and strength probably play a bigger factor though.
Absolutely. Striking is so unpredictable and if your skills are superior it doesn't make a huge difference between strength if you are still strong enough to do damage and knock them out. The more gassed the easier it gets.
Old 02-08-18, 10:59 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Absolutely. Striking is so unpredictable and if your skills are superior it doesn't make a huge difference between strength if you are still strong enough to do damage and knock them out. The more gassed the easier it gets.
I would argue that if your fighting some 130lb female MMA fighter that you could just charge, wrap her up, and slam her on the mat with your strength and weight advantage.
Old 02-08-18, 06:56 PM

Founding Member
Technique trumps strength

All day err day...period.

Anyone says otherwise is a fool...this applies to my sport of bjj....we see this day in and out on a daily basis.

We got some tool that thinks he can win due to his strength well......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1518133898245.jpg (53.5 KB, 6 views)
redback and jack tors like this.
Old 02-08-18, 07:57 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post

Anyone says otherwise is a fool...this applies to my sport of bjj....we see this day in and out on a daily basis.

Oh really?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 02-08-18, 08:04 PM

Administrator
Quote:

rado take that mcgregor video for example. you think that strongman dude wouldnt smash him?
Old 02-08-18, 08:19 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuarage79 View Post
Oh really?

You can't slam in bjj....pay attention you big ear dumbo motherfucker

I said bjj....technique beats strength in bjj....period.

Yes I understand you'll have the exception to a rule here nor there....but in bjj and ANY TYPE OF BJJ COMP....if you have the tech down followed by strength, I've got an advantage all day son.
Old 02-08-18, 08:21 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
rado take that mcgregor video for example. you think that strongman dude wouldnt smash him?
On what rules or events?

Straight up bjj? Connor all day bro...trust me...some of you that like being so big with fat and muscles, gas out like little girls all the time.
Old 02-08-18, 08:24 PM

Administrator
Quote:
On what rules or events?

Straight up bjj? Connor all day bro...trust me...some of you that like being so big with fat and muscles, gas out like little girls all the time.
I'm just talking about a fight in general. I don't know about rules of specific events. Just if Conor got into a fight with that dude in the vid on the street.
Old 02-08-18, 09:30 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
I'm just talking about a fight in general. I don't know about rules of specific events. Just if Conor got into a fight with that dude in the vid on the street.
If Connor fought that guy in the video on the street as a regular street fight.

I'm going to give it to Connor here based off what I seem in this video. This guy is far from skilled like Connor on the hands, but on the flip side, this guy would murder Connor on the ground. Connor and his ground game is good, but not that good.

Connor is lighting fast and super strong; to stand a chance with him, gotta take him down and hope to God he doesn't catch you with a hook.
Old 02-08-18, 09:58 PM

Administrator
rado watch that video again lol. i just dont see conor having much of a chance. its like me fighting the most skilled 5 year old fighter in the world. the size difference is enormous. that dude is easily 200 lbs more then conor. would be like trying to take an oak tree down with your bare hands.

skill is important i get it. but all your skill goes out the window when a fucken rhinoceros is charging you. there is a point where power and weight trumps skill. otherwise there would be no weight classes.
Old 02-09-18, 04:11 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
I would argue that if your fighting some 130lb female MMA fighter that you could just charge, wrap her up, and slam her on the mat with your strength and weight advantage.
Yeh seems logical right? Thing is when you try to do it against someone good it just doesn't work.

That point about rushing in, in boxing that is one of the worst things you can do. You get knocked out if you rush in angry like that.

That guy conner is playing with is big. You see him get gassed at the end. conner could have kept that up all night. If big boy gets a hold of you though I dont think there much you can do if he is that much bigger.
Old 02-09-18, 04:16 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
You can't slam in bjj....pay attention you big ear dumbo motherfucker

I said bjj....technique beats strength in bjj....period.

Yes I understand you'll have the exception to a rule here nor there....but in bjj and ANY TYPE OF BJJ COMP....if you have the tech down followed by strength, I've got an advantage all day son.
Yet here we are talking about a Conor McGregor Video against Hafthor Bjoronsonn..McGregor who possibly has the worst grappling in UFC.
A guy that only has only one thing and that's his overhand left. The guy that only knock out/tko guys smaller than him in MMA. If he couldn't KO Nate (bigger fighter ) or Max halloway... He ain't doing shit to that 6'9 monster!!

By the way Bjornsoon is only 29.

Old 02-09-18, 04:20 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Yet here we are talking about a Conor McGregor Video against Hafthor Bjoronsonn..McGregor who possibly has the worst grappling in UFC.
A guy that only has only one thing and that's his overhand left. The guy that only knock out/tko guys smaller than him in MMA. If he couldn't KO Nate (bigger fighter ) or Max halloway... He ain't doing shit to that 6'9 monster!!

By the way Bjornsoon is only 29.

Yeh true and on the street is totally different. If you don't have room to move your fucked. Big guy like that gets you in a corner and you can't do shit. Open space is a bit different.
rado likes this.
Old 02-09-18, 04:26 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Yeh true and on the street is totally different. If you don't have room to move your fucked. Big guy like that gets you in a corner and you can't do shit. Open space is a bit different.
And the only thing I'm getting it against a big fucker like that is any object I see on the streets; no matter how good of a fighter I am

Old 02-09-18, 05:52 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Yeh seems logical right? Thing is when you try to do it against someone good it just doesn't work.

That point about rushing in, in boxing that is one of the worst things you can do. You get knocked out if you rush in angry like that.

That guy conner is playing with is big. You see him get gassed at the end. conner could have kept that up all night. If big boy gets a hold of you though I dont think there much you can do if he is that much bigger.
Yea but in boxing it's weight classes so you never have that massive size difference like the Conor vid.
Old 02-09-18, 07:02 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
rado watch that video again lol. i just dont see conor having much of a chance. its like me fighting the most skilled 5 year old fighter in the world. the size difference is enormous. that dude is easily 200 lbs more then conor. would be like trying to take an oak tree down with your bare hands.

skill is important i get it. but all your skill goes out the window when a fucken rhinoceros is charging you. there is a point where power and weight trumps skill. otherwise there would be no weight classes.
was it not the 1st video posted was I to look at?
Old 02-09-18, 07:21 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Yea but in boxing it's weight classes so you never have that massive size difference like the Conor vid.
Bro when you're training and sparring at the gym there is no weight classes. If you sparring it's whoever is there on the night just so you can get the training in but yes I get what your saying. That much size difference makes it hard.
Old 02-09-18, 07:27 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Huge difference between 4ozs and 10/12 ozs... Conor didn't even faze gaywether with them 10 ozs...
MMA he prolly would of knocked him out and Vs versus because of precision

Old 02-09-18, 07:40 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Huge difference between 4ozs and 10/12 ozs... Conor didn't even faze gaywether with them 10 ozs...
MMA he prolly would of knocked him out and Vs versus because of precision

They used 8oz gloves in that fight. Even with 4oz conner would never stood a chance.
Old 02-09-18, 07:41 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
They used 8oz gloves in that fight. Even with 4oz conner would never stood a chance.
Yea 8ozs....

Disagree... as much as I don't like Connor he can knock him out with 4ozs if he connects..
I did pro mma for a bit

Old 02-09-18, 07:56 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Yea 8ozs....

Disagree... as much as I don't like Connor he can knock him out with 4ozs if he connects..
I did pro mma for a bit

Well you would know then. If you can knock someone out with 4oz you can knock them out with 8oz. He had every opportunity to knock him out. Totally different sport bro. Boxing is nothing like MMA.
Old 02-09-18, 08:01 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Well you would know then. If you can knock someone out with 4oz you can knock them out with 8oz. He had every opportunity to knock him out. Totally different sport bro. Boxing is nothing like MMA.
That's not entirely accurate..I boxed since i was a teen... I spared(boxing and kickboxing) with some big ass dudes in my mid 30's and never got knocked out.. just wobbled.. never been knocked out with 4ozs either... U have more coverage with bigger gloves...
Look @ overeem for example.. this mother fucker is the most decorated fighter in combat sports.. rarely knocked out in dream cuae of the bigger gloves.. goes to the UFC and all his losses are by knockout.. glasschin much?!...
Maybe now almost 40 I prolly get knocked out but im not fin to find out ya dig

Old 02-09-18, 08:36 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
That's not entirely accurate..I boxed since i was a teen... I spared(boxing and kickboxing) with some big ass dudes in my mid 30's and never got knocked out.. just wobbled.. never been knocked out with 4ozs either... U have more coverage with bigger gloves...
Look @ overeem for example.. this mother fucker is the most decorated fighter in combat sports.. rarely knocked out in dream cuae of the bigger gloves.. goes to the UFC and all his losses are by knockout.. glasschin much?!...
Maybe now almost 40 I prolly get knocked out but im not fin to find out ya dig

I've been knocked out as an amateur (tko). Out on my feet. We used 8 or 10s and I was fighting welterweight back then. That was from a flurry of punches not one knockout punch. I rarely came across anyone who had one punch knockout power but the guys who could do it could do it in sparring even with 16oz on. Just my opinion.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0