SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page Black Lives Matter Leader Shot and Killed by a Black Guy

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion


Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By Turbo3000
  • 1 Post By mofo
  • 1 Post By Turbo3000
  • 1 Post By Scrumhalf

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-18, 12:25 PM
Black Lives Matter Leader Shot and Killed by a Black Guy
  #1
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 11462
It's hardly making the news. If a white person had done this it would be a social media circle jerk and top news. Fellow black guy kills him and nobody cares. Where is the outrage? A life has been taken but apparently it only outrages people when the killer is of a different race. That is racist in and of itself. People are looking for every reason to be "outraged" and they do so selectively by putting a magnifying glass on one subject while totally disregarding another subject. The leading murder rate of blacks is other blacks by a factor of 10 compared to any other race. But nobody seems to give 2 shits about that.

Friends, family remember Charleston Black Lives Matter leader ki - Live5News.com | Charleston, SC | News, Weather, Sports
lipripper likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 12:27 PM
  #2
 
Turbo3000's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Italy
Likes: 1497
Is this they guy that would never meet with any communities? They wanted to be a movement without actually fucking working for it.
lipripper likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 01:51 PM
  #3
 
lipripper's Avatar
 
Superior Admiral
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SE GA
Age: 55
Likes: 2549
The Irony of it...

B... been saying what you just said and pointing it out for years...but according to "the left" I'm a racist for such talk...
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 02:09 PM
  #4
 
mofo's Avatar
 
Superior Freak
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MD
Likes: 101
While it’s true that a white man doing this would have caused more outrage, I think the issue stems from the cause of the crime. The reason why white on black or black on white or any other similar crime makes headlines is because they demonstrate that racism is prevalent and still causes such rage in people that it results in crime. You rarely see a white man kill another white man because they’re both white or the same for black men killing other black men.

But the media does need to share these events occurring just to show how prevalent crime in general rather than making headlines for only racially fueled crimes. I had no idea this happened, let alone it being a black man killing him.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 02:34 PM
  #5
 
Chadd77's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: USA
Likes: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofo View Post
You rarely see a white man kill another white man because they’re both white or the same for black men killing other black men.
So Baltimore does not have an issue with black on black crime?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 02:39 PM
  #6
 
mofo's Avatar
 
Superior Freak
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MD
Likes: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
So Baltimore does not have an issue with black on black crime?
Oh for sure. There’s tons of it. But I don’t think it’s caused by racism. My point is that black on black crime is higher but the reason why white on black or black on white crime gets more media attention is because of the potential motive of racism.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 02:51 PM
  #7
 
Chadd77's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: USA
Likes: 2103
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofo View Post
Oh for sure. There’s tons of it. But I don’t think it’s caused by racism. My point is that black on black crime is higher but the reason why white on black or black on white crime gets more media attention is because of the potential motive of racism.
And what is the percentage of white on black or black on white crime caused by racism?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 03:15 PM
  #8
 
lipripper's Avatar
 
Superior Admiral
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SE GA
Age: 55
Likes: 2549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
And what is the percentage of white on black or black on white crime caused by racism?
according to the news..like...um...150% at least...
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 03:48 PM
  #9
 
mofo's Avatar
 
Superior Freak
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MD
Likes: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
And what is the percentage of white on black or black on white crime caused by racism?
Not sure. But that tends to be the default motive assigned when the race of the victim and the assailant are different, especially with the media. We have been primed to assume race has something to do with crimes involving different races.
lipripper likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 04:43 PM
  #10
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 2174
Read this and you'll understand.

https://www.theroot.com/why-we-never...wer-1819092337


Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 04:49 PM
  #11
 
Turbo3000's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Italy
Likes: 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Read this and you'll understand.

https://www.theroot.com/why-we-never...wer-1819092337


Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I understand that The Root is blaming white people.
lipripper likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 04:52 PM
  #12
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 2174
Not at all. Just pointing out that the root cause (and percentage) of black on black crime is roughly similar to that of white on white crime and the reasons are the same. And the disparity in raw numbers are largely to do with disparity in opportunities, poverty, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 05:29 PM
  #13
 
Turbo3000's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Italy
Likes: 1497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Not at all. Just pointing out that the root cause (and percentage) of black on black crime is roughly similar to that of white on white crime and the reasons are the same. And the disparity in raw numbers are largely to do with disparity in opportunities, poverty, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
The artical literally ended with “White Supremacy”.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 05:33 PM
  #14
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 2174
The author is pointing our that systemic racism is often at the root of the profound disparities in the social and economic fortunes of blacks versus whites and this plays a major factor in creating an environment of hopelessness that promotes and sustains violence. That's literally what the last 3 or 4 paragraphs of the article says.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
AvidFisherman likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 06:06 PM
  #15
 
lipripper's Avatar
 
Superior Admiral
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SE GA
Age: 55
Likes: 2549
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
The author is pointing our that systemic racism is often at the root of the profound disparities in the social and economic fortunes of blacks versus whites and this plays a major factor in creating an environment of hopelessness that promotes and sustains violence. That's literally what the last 3 or 4 paragraphs of the article says.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yep...all whities fault....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 06:08 PM
  #16
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 2174
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
Yep...all whities fault....

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Again, that's not what the article is saying.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 08:29 PM
  #17
 
mofo's Avatar
 
Superior Freak
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: MD
Likes: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Again, that's not what the article is saying.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Scrum, you do have to admit the article is written to kind of point fingers...
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-18, 08:46 PM
  #18
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 2174
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofo View Post
Scrum, you do have to admit the article is written to kind of point fingers...
The article is pointing out that we are conflating two different things. When people ask "but why is nobody talking about black on black crime" to draw a contrast to things like police shootings, they are missing the point because they are two completely different things.

Black on black crime is a big deal in black communities. 90% of violence against blacks is committed by other blacks, just like 84% of violence against whites is committed by whites. The point is that people are overwhelmingly victimized by people around them and in the segregated society we live in, it generally happens to be of the same race as us. This is certainly important in black communities who do care about violence in their neighborhoods. So, the premise that they don't care about black on black violence is just plain incorrect.

The reason for why black on black crime is higher quantitatively is due to social issues. Poverty, lack of opportunity, a grotesquely racist justice system where blacks get disproportionally higher sentences for the same offences, and a whole generation of maximum mandatory sentencing for minor possession crimes had resulted in the destruction of effective employment and rehabilitation prospects. This perpetuates a cycle of poverty, lack of education and crime. Urban whites also suffer from this, again pointing to the cause being socio-economic.

Our criminal justice and sentencing system is sadly two-track. The well to do, who are largely white, can basically pay their way to lighter sentences, while the poor, disproportionally black (and urban whites too) get railroaded. Read "And Justice for Some" by Glenn Greenwald and your eyes will be opened, as mine were.

The article lays it out pretty clearly. We need to set aside our preconceived biases and learn. And I'm not being holier than thou here. I went through the same learning process.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-18, 06:39 AM
  #19
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 11462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
The article is pointing out that we are conflating two different things. When people ask "but why is nobody talking about black on black crime" to draw a contrast to things like police shootings, they are missing the point because they are two completely different things.

Black on black crime is a big deal in black communities. 90% of violence against blacks is committed by other blacks, just like 84% of violence against whites is committed by whites. The point is that people are overwhelmingly victimized by people around them and in the segregated society we live in, it generally happens to be of the same race as us. This is certainly important in black communities who do care about violence in their neighborhoods. So, the premise that they don't care about black on black violence is just plain incorrect.

The reason for why black on black crime is higher quantitatively is due to social issues. Poverty, lack of opportunity, a grotesquely racist justice system where blacks get disproportionally higher sentences for the same offences, and a whole generation of maximum mandatory sentencing for minor possession crimes had resulted in the destruction of effective employment and rehabilitation prospects. This perpetuates a cycle of poverty, lack of education and crime. Urban whites also suffer from this, again pointing to the cause being socio-economic.

Our criminal justice and sentencing system is sadly two-track. The well to do, who are largely white, can basically pay their way to lighter sentences, while the poor, disproportionally black (and urban whites too) get railroaded. Read "And Justice for Some" by Glenn Greenwald and your eyes will be opened, as mine were.

The article lays it out pretty clearly. We need to set aside our preconceived biases and learn. And I'm not being holier than thou here. I went through the same learning process.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Sorry no, missing the point again and deflecting from my original point.

It's about media and social media reaction. There is almost none for black on black crime. Their is no outrage. But make it a white guy that killed the black guy and it's the #1 story in America for 2 weeks.

The reaction of outrage vs "ehhh" when it's black on black crime is racist in and of itself. A life is a life, a murder is a murder, there should be equal outrage. But there's not because the people looking to be outraged over a specific kind of murder are themselves racist. They don't care about a black life lost, they only care about a black life lost when a white person is involved.

I believe you believe the article you posted will help "everyone understand" as you stated in post 10. But I'm telling you that article has got nothing to do with what I am talking about.

I respect your viewpoint and I can understand your perspective. But you must realize that's all it is. A perspective. You stated the following: "I'm not being holier than thou here. I went through the same learning process." Scrum you must realize how incredibly cocky and pompous this sounds. By wording it in that way you are dismissing mofo's opinion as silly, patting her on the head, and saying "you will understand once you smarten up my child". You knew it came across like that so you figured you would throw a disclaimer in there saying "i'm not being holier than thou here" when that is exactly what you are being! It's especially funny to me when you yourself are missing the main point.

With all that said, please don't take it the wrong way. I'm not attacking you. I enjoy these type of discussions between people with different perspectives.
is Online   Reply With Quote

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0