SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page 18 school shootings this year

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-18, 01:06 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiser View Post
I was going to say 85%/15% against/for. To me, that alone validates my point that this is a bad idea and not a popular idea.
No because we were never talking about 100% of teachers carrying or to even consider such a burden. We are talking about 3-4 willing teachers out of a staff of let's say something like 75. I'm positive we would have 3-4 willing volunteers at almost every school in the nation.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 01:09 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
I guess he got paid to say that? During the election he was totally against it. You've been conned.

Old 02-22-18, 01:11 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
No because we were never talking about 100% of teachers carrying or to even consider such a burden. We are talking about 3-4 willing teachers out of a staff of let's say something like 75. I'm positive we would have 3-4 willing volunteers at almost every school in the nation.
How is that any different from hiring 3-4 armed guards per school. Is it a cost saving thing to arm the teachers? Or do you think it would be more effective to arm the teachers instead of hiring the security?

And what do we do with those schools who have zero teachers willing to carry? (My stance is that this is a much bigger number than you think).
Old 02-22-18, 01:13 AM

Administrator
Quote:
How is that any different from hiring 3-4 armed guards per school. Is it a cost saving thing to arm the teachers? Or do you think it would be more effective to arm the teachers instead of hiring the security?
If the shooter knows exactly who is armed they can work that into their plan. I would prefer a potential shooter doesn't know.
Old 02-22-18, 01:15 AM

Superior Pro
Teachers are paid to teach. Armed security and police officers are paid to protect. Let's not blur those lines. Teachers could have easily studied criminal justice if that's what they wanted to do.
Old 02-22-18, 01:16 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
If the shooter knows exactly who is armed they can work that into their plan. I would prefer a potential shooter doesn't know.
OK fair point. So these 3-4 teachers where is their gun and ammo stored throughout the day? Is there a gun safe in their office? It's got to be locked up so the kids don't get it.
Old 02-22-18, 01:17 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Teachers are paid to teach. Armed security and police officers are paid to protect. Let's not blur those lines. Teachers could have easily studied criminal justice if that's what they wanted to do.
Are they paid to jump in front of kids and die without a chance of a fight like that coach did? I'm sure he would have loved to at least have been given the chance to fight back.
Old 02-22-18, 01:18 AM

Superior Pro
And most schools are a pretty big size with multiple buildings. These 3-4 teachers would be spread out and busy TEACHING. The armed security would be patrolling and watching cameras all day and could react quickly.
Old 02-22-18, 01:21 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Are they paid to jump in front of kids and die without a chance of a fight like that coach did? I'm sure he would have loved to at least have been given the chance to fight back.
If he had armed security on premises he most likely wouldn't have had to do that. We agree there is a problem that needs to be solved. I believe my solution is more optimal than arming teachers.

How about the teacher I posted above who locked the kids in the closet. Her quick thinking saved them. What if she left them to go out and have a shoot out with the bad guy? She'd most likely lose her life in a shootout, she'd be outgunned, will she also have on a bulletproof vest? The armed security team would.
Old 02-22-18, 01:23 AM

Superior Pro
I think this is also an important note that people are getting caught up in and defensive:

You can be pro-gun and pro-2nd amendment and be against arming teachers. Many pro-gun guys, especially those in law enforcement & military are speaking out against this on twitter right now. I fall into this category.
Old 02-22-18, 01:34 AM

Superior Pro
I will say this. If you live in a concealed carry state, you've gone through the training, pass the background check and you are a teacher, then you should be able to conceal carry in your school if that's your choice.

^ But that's a different discussion than saying we need to "arm teachers".

Agree with this 100%:

https://twitter.com/ThomasMHern/stat...30228552847360
Old 02-22-18, 06:53 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
I guess he got paid to say that? During the election he was totally against it. You've been conned.

LMAO..you so hate this guy..its funnay as hell..so Mrs bitch or your boy Obama never flipped..LMFAO dude, give it a rest we get you dislike the man...I don't see anyone here sucking his dick..
Old 02-22-18, 07:40 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
LMAO..you so hate this guy..its funnay as hell..so Mrs bitch or your boy Obama never flipped..LMFAO dude, give it a rest we get you dislike the man...I don't see anyone here sucking his dick..
No kidding. Like ideas don't change because of circumstances. It's funny how bad Kaiser hates Trump! lol He's so blinded by his hate he will never see anything being done as good or a step in the right direction.
Old 02-22-18, 11:22 AM

Administrator
Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave Me Scripted Question After Denying Me Question About Armed Guards

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ed_guards.html
Old 02-22-18, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Shooting Survivor: CNN Gave Me Scripted Question After Denying Me Question About Armed Guards

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...ed_guards.html
Bogus headline that is contradicted by the article lol...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-18, 11:32 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
No kidding. Like ideas don't change because of circumstances. It's funny how bad Kaiser hates Trump! lol He's so blinded by his hate he will never see anything being done as good or a step in the right direction.
All intelligent people dislike Trump, regardless of party. He's a con-artist and you're a sucker.

It blew up your whole world view that I'm pro-guns, a gun owner, and posted pics to prove it, didn't it? You're simple Chadd.
Old 02-22-18, 11:35 AM

Administrator
Quote:

How about the teacher I posted above who locked the kids in the closet. Her quick thinking saved them. What if she left them to go out and have a shoot out with the bad guy? She'd most likely lose her life in a shootout, she'd be outgunned, will she also have on a bulletproof vest? The armed security team would.
See this is why I feel like your firearm experience is questionable. You talk about a "bulletproof vest". Do you even realize that a standard police vest will not stop a 223/556 round? This is something anyone with even a little experience around firearms understands. How does someone as smart as you not have this knowledge?

And no, I would not ask that teacher to go out in the hallway and have a shootout. But I guarantee after she put those kids in the closet and sat their defenseless that she would have been in a better situation if she had a firearm just in case the shooter did bust through the door.
ROCKETS REVENGE likes this.
Old 02-22-18, 11:36 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
In Obama's entire 8 years he never tried to take your guns away. Trump just took your bump stocks and your boy Reagan banned open carry in California.
Old 02-22-18, 11:36 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Bogus headline that is contradicted by the article lol...

false.
Old 02-22-18, 11:38 AM

Administrator
Quote:
In Obama's entire 8 years he never tried to take your guns away. Trump just took your bump stocks and your boy Reagan banned open carry in California.
obama certainly did try many things. he just didn't have the backing.
Old 02-22-18, 11:39 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
See this is why I feel like your firearm experience is questionable. You talk about a "bulletproof vest". Do you even realize that a standard police vest will not stop a 223/556 round? This is something anyone with even a little experience around firearms understands. How does someone as smart as you not have this knowledge?

And no, I would not ask that teacher to go out in the hallway and have a shootout. But I guarantee after she put those kids in the closet and sat their defenseless that she would have been in a better situation if she had a firearm just in case the shooter did bust through the door.
Did you see the interview with her? She said she wouldn't want a gun in that situation. You are not understanding the mentality of teachers like that. What makes you so sure they could kill?

Now you're a fucking expert in bulletproof vests? I've shot guns since I was 7 years old and I've never seen nor worn a bulletproof vest in my entire fucking life so you're right I know absolutely nothing about them.

What the fuck does firearm experience and bulletproof vests have in common? You're going back to internet knowledge here and not real life experience again.
Old 02-22-18, 11:39 AM

Quote:
false.
CNN explained exactly what happened right there. Let me guess.. the big bad liberal press, right? You've drunk the koolaid too, like the rest of the idiots. Good to have known ya.

Old 02-22-18, 11:41 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
obama certainly did try many things. he just didn't have the backing.
Obama studied constitutional law at Harvard. He understands what the 2nd amendment is. "Obama is going to take your guns away" was a marketing ploy and gun sales boomed when he was elected. I remember not even being able to buy ammo in Walmart back in 2009. Shelves were empty.
Old 02-22-18, 11:41 AM

Administrator
Quote:
CNN explained exactly what happened right there. Let me guess.. the big bad liberal press, right? You've drunk the koolaid too, like the rest of the idiots. Good to have known ya.

oh CNN explained it!? well alright then! that's like a trump supporter saying "trump explained it right there"!

you can't see past your bias.
Old 02-22-18, 11:42 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
You've drunk the koolaid too, like the rest of the idiots. Good to have known ya.

I'm seeing some truth to this. Bouncer, please put your thinking cap back on.
Old 02-22-18, 11:45 AM

Superior Pro
Bouncer, some crazy people on the right are saying that these kids in the shooting who are speaking out were paid actors and that it was a false flag. This is dangerous. I think that's what Scrum's getting at.
Old 02-22-18, 11:46 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Did you see the interview with her? She said she wouldn't want a gun in that situation. You are not understanding the mentality of teachers like that. What makes you so sure they could kill?

Now you're a fucking expert in bulletproof vests? I've shot guns since I was 7 years old and I've never seen nor worn a bulletproof vest in my entire fucking life so you're right I know absolutely nothing about them.

What the fuck does firearm experience and bulletproof vests have in common? You're going back to internet knowledge here and not real life experience again.
it's very common knowledge amongst anyone that has been around or knows about firearms. a standard police vest is no contest against a high velocity rifle round.

in the same way that anyone involved in the bodybuilding/fitness community knows drugs are a massive part of bodybuilding. people that have no idea of bodybuilding will say something naive like "are those guys on steroids?" That's how you come across to me.

I believe you inherited your grandfathers guns. I believe he may have exposed you to firearms a few times. That's about the extent of it. You aren't pro gun and you understand almost nothing about firearms. Even a gun noob like myself can see it.
Old 02-22-18, 11:48 AM

Superior Pro
Bouncer, I fully understand that you, rip, myself, Chadd if we were in that classroom and we were armed and that kid busted into our classroom with a gun, we'd have no problem killing him.

What makes you think a teacher, who dedicated their lives to kids, who spends every day with them, who PROBABLY EVEN TAUGHT THE KID WITH THE GUN and knows him, could just stand up, pull out a gun and kill him? Do they want to live with guilt of killing a child even though he was trying to kill them? Not everyone has the same mentality. This is why people choose certain professions, based on their mentality.
Old 02-22-18, 11:49 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Bouncer, some crazy people on the right are saying that these kids in the shooting who are speaking out were paid actors and that it was a false flag. This is dangerous. I think that's what Scrum's getting at.
Yes that is dangerous and I am totally against that.

See that is the difference between me and scrum. I can see faults on both sides.

He cannot admit and will not admit any possible liberal media bias trying to push an agenda.
Old 02-22-18, 11:51 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
it's very common knowledge amongst anyone that has been around or knows about firearms. a standard police vest is no contest against a high velocity rifle round.
Bouncer, no it isn't. Being around firearms and being around bulletproof vests are not the same god damned thing. How do you personally have this knowledge? Have you been around police officers or did you read it on the internet? Be honest.

I'm not in the police force. I don't know shit about what police officers do or what type of bullet can penetrate how deeply into a bulletproof vest or kevlar vest. I wasn't in the military either.

You read all this on the internet.
Old 02-22-18, 11:51 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Bouncer, I fully understand that you, rip, myself, Chadd if we were in that classroom and we were armed and that kid busted into our classroom with a gun, we'd have no problem killing him.

What makes you think a teacher, who dedicated their lives to kids, who spends every day with them, who PROBABLY EVEN TAUGHT THE KID WITH THE GUN and knows him, could just stand up, pull out a gun and kill him? Do they want to live with guilt of killing a child even though he was trying to kill them? Not everyone has the same mentality. This is why people choose certain professions, based on their mentality.
i can understand what your saying.

I guess what I'm saying is that if forced to choose and if forced to be in that situation what would she do? Would she rather have the shooter kill her and the kids in the class or would she rather have a chance at stopping the threat.

I know guns aren't for everyone and I'm not suggesting every teacher have one.
Old 02-22-18, 11:52 AM

Quote:
oh CNN explained it!? well alright then! that's like a trump supporter saying "trump explained it right there"!

you can't see past your bias.
I think you are being ridiculous. We are talking about CNN here, not Mother Jones. It's about as centrist as it gets. If you view CNN as some kind of leftist organization, then you truly have veered into cuckoo island territory. I get that you have shifted hard right with your gun stuff lately but seriously, get a grip.

Old 02-22-18, 11:53 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Bouncer, no it isn't. Being around firearms and being around bulletproof vests are not the same god damned thing. How do you personally have this knowledge? Have you been around police officers or did you read it on the internet? Be honest.

I'm not in the police force. I don't know shit about what police officers do or what type of bullet can penetrate how deeply into a bulletproof vest or kevlar vest. I wasn't in the military either.

You read all this on the internet.
In the same way that we know pro's use 10 grams of this or that. Do you have personal experience with that? How could you possibly know!? It's because we are part of the community. It gets talked about. It's common knowledge.
Old 02-22-18, 11:54 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
In the same way that we know pro's use 10 grams of this or that. Do you have personal experience with that? How could you possibly know!? It's because we are part of the community. It gets talked about. It's common knowledge.
So, you read it on the internet.
Old 02-22-18, 11:54 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
He just wasn't successfully backed to do it..don't be foolish. He would of in a new york min. If you honestly don't believe that your not near as smart as you think you are..sometimes you sound so stupid trying to talk bad about Trump..your desperation shows..lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-18, 11:56 AM

Administrator
Quote:
I think you are being ridiculous. We are talking about CNN here, not Mother Jones. It's about as centrist as it gets. If you view CNN as some kind of leftist organization, then you truly have veered into cuckoo island territory. I get that you have shifted hard right with your gun stuff lately but seriously, get a grip.

CNN is centrist lmao.

only an extreme leftist would view CNN as centrist.

I am centrist. i think trump can be and absolute moron more times then not. but i can also take a look at Hillary and see a political snake.

fuck the hard right and fuck the hard left.

you cannot and will not ever attack both sides. you are so biased you cannot see it.
Turbo3000, chuckz28 and lipripper like this.
Old 02-22-18, 11:58 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
i can understand what your saying.

I guess what I'm saying is that if forced to choose and if forced to be in that situation what would she do? Would she rather have the shooter kill her and the kids in the class or would she rather have a chance at stopping the threat.

I know guns aren't for everyone and I'm not suggesting every teacher have one.
BTW, Trump clarified himself this morning and I agree with this. And it's what I said yesterday. If trained teachers want to conceal carry, let them. But, let's not arm the 60 year old kind grandmother type teacher and ask her to kill a former student.

Old 02-22-18, 11:58 AM

Quote:
CNN is centrist lmao.

only an extreme leftist would view CNN as centrist.

I am centrist. i think trump can be and absolute moron more times then not. but i can also take a look at Hillary and see a political snake.

fuck the hard right and fuck the hard left.

you cannot and will not ever attack both sides. you are so biased you cannot see it.
Just shows how conservative you have got in the last year or so if you think CNN is anything but carefully straddling the fence between left and right.

Old 02-22-18, 12:00 PM

Administrator
Quote:
So, you read it on the internet.
the information can come from a book, a video, the Internet, the news paper, talking to people in the community etc..

that's the point. even as a gun noob i can tell you are not part of the gun community.

i guarantee, chad, turbo, ripper, rocket etc.. all know a 556 round will easily penetrate a standard vest.
Old 02-22-18, 12:00 PM

Founding Member
Quote:

Lmao. CNN and Fox are the worst. They are the same, they just cater to different audiences.

CNN central. Holy shit.
Bouncer, chuckz28 and lipripper like this.
Old 02-22-18, 12:02 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post
Lmao. CNN and Fox are the worst. They are the same, they just cater to different audiences.

CNN central. Holy shit.
Old 02-22-18, 12:02 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Just shows how conservative you have got in the last year or so if you think CNN is anything but carefully straddling the fence between left and right.

just shows how left you are when you can't see an agenda from CNN.

my news sources are Reuters and the BBC. they report facts, not opinions and talking points like CNN does time and time again. what an extreme right wing nut I am. lol. you are out of touch my man.
Old 02-22-18, 12:04 PM

Quote:
just shows how left you are when you can't see an agenda from CNN.

my news sources are Reuters and the BBC. what an extreme right wing nut I am. lol. you are out of touch my man.
CNN's agenda is to be bland and mainstream. Where exactly have they espoused any strong positions of any kind?

Old 02-22-18, 12:04 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post

CNN central. Holy shit.
exactly. and that's how extreme left scrum is. he doesn't even see it anymore.
Old 02-22-18, 12:05 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
CNN's agenda is to be bland and mainstream. Where exactly have they espoused any strong positions of any kind?

Are you fucking serious?

Craziest thing Iíve read all day.
Old 02-22-18, 12:05 PM

Quote:
exactly. and that's how extreme left scrum is. he doesn't even see it anymore.
Crazy. If anyone thinks CNN is a leftist news site, they have no clue what they are talking about. Insipid and non-controversial, yes. Left, no.

Old 02-22-18, 12:06 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Crazy. If anyone thinks CNN is a leftist news site, they have no clue what they are talking about. Insipid and non-controversial, yes. Left, no.

WOW.......
Old 02-22-18, 12:06 PM

Administrator
Quote:

bland? are you fucking kidding me?

in massive bold letters in red on the day of the shooting MORE GUN MURDER IN OUR SCHOOLS

they don't simply report the news. they scream hot button talking points for views and clicks.
Old 02-22-18, 12:12 PM

Administrator
Quote:
BTW, Trump clarified himself this morning and I agree with this. And it's what I said yesterday. If trained teachers want to conceal carry, let them. But, let's not arm the 60 year old kind grandmother type teacher and ask her to kill a former student.
oh it's what you said yesterday? have a look at what i said. lol. i'll say it again. nobody is talking about forcing 57 year old Margaret the cooking class teacher to carry a gun.
Old 02-22-18, 12:12 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:

Scum, Come on man. CNN is garbage.

A better way to try and frame that is that with all the garbage sites out there like Breitbart and these losers on the right saying the kids were child actors and the shooting was a false flag, you could say "Facts lean left" in today's society and that's why CNN appears to be left leaning. If you wanted to try and make that argument you'd at least have a chance.
Bouncer and chuckz28 like this.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0