SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page 18 school shootings this year

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-18, 12:15 PM

Superior Pro
BTW guys, Obama studied constitutional law at Harvard. He knows the constitution inside and out. He has said many time that he believes in the 2nd Amendment.

From BreitBart of all places:

Obama Admits Second Amendment Guarantees Gun Rights

During his January 5 speech expanding background checks to cover more private sellers, President Obama made a startling admission: he believes the Second Amendment does indeed guarantee a right for individuals to keep and bear arms.

He even backed up this assertion by referencing his tenure of teaching in the university. Obama said, “I taught constitutional law, I know a little bit about this — I get it.”
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-18, 12:16 PM

Administrator
thank you kaiser.

breitbart is an absolute pile of shit.

see i can see that and point it out.

but lets see scrum say anything about extremist left view points. he can't because he agrees with them.
Old 02-22-18, 12:18 PM

Superior Pro
Obama/Keiser = Centrist

Bernie/Scrum = Way Left

Palin/Chaddd = Simple
rado likes this.
Old 02-22-18, 12:22 PM

Administrator
i will differ from rip and turbo a little bit and say there were many things I liked about obama. particularly his views towards the environment and science. i don't like that trump seems to be an enemy of both of those things.
Old 02-22-18, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiser View Post
Scum, Come on man. CNN is garbage.

A better way to try and frame that is that with all the garbage sites out there like Breitbart and these losers on the right saying the kids were child actors and the shooting was a false flag, you could say "Facts lean left" in today's society and that's why CNN appears to be left leaning. If you wanted to try and make that argument you'd at least have a chance.
Wait. Total strawman. You are putting words in my mouth. Nowhere did I say CNN is great. I just said they weren't left leaning.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-18, 12:27 PM

Superior Admiral
NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch said Thursday morning at CPAC that she wouldn't have been able to exit last night's town hall on the Parkland, Fla. school shooting if she didn't have a security detail. Loesch faced off with students who survived the shooting at a CNN-hosted forum.

"I want to make this super obvious point," Loesch said. "The government has proven that they cannot keep you safe. And yet, some people want all of us to disarm. You heard that town hall last night. They cheered the confiscation of firearms. And it was over 5,000 people."

"I had to have a security detail to get out," she said of the Sunland, Fla. event. "I wouldn't be able to exit that if I didn't have a private security detail. There were people rushing the stage and screaming burn her. And I came there to talk solutions and I still am going to continue that conversation on solutions as the NRA has been doing since before I was alive."

Loesch said the people who call Trump a tyrant are the same people who want the president to confiscate weapons.

"The government can't keep you safe and some people want us to give up our firearms and rely solely upon the protection of the same government that's already failed us numerous times to keep us safe. And then they also call Trump a tyrant but they say they want the president to also confiscate our firearms? Try to figure that one out," Loesch said.

BURN HER...and these are supposed to be the voices of reason..theres the left for ya! don't give us what we want..BURN HER!!! fucking loons
Bouncer and ROCKETS REVENGE like this.
Old 02-22-18, 12:35 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
I just said they weren't left leaning.

That's perspective scrum. They aren't left to you because you are extreme left. Hell, for you they may seem right leaning. LoL
Old 02-22-18, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
That's perspective scrum. They aren't left to you because you are extreme left. Hell, for you they may seem right leaning. LoL
No, I view CNN, NYTines, WaPo, etc are pretty much centrist. They may be socially a bit on the left but they are generally right of center on foreign policy, aggressive, interventionist and uncritically pro Israel.

Right leaning publications are things like the WSJ, National Review, etc.

Breitbart is just rubbish. I'm not going to include then as right wing.

Old 02-22-18, 01:43 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
It blew up your whole world view that I'm pro-guns, a gun owner, and posted pics to prove it, didn't it? You're simple Chadd.
This is ever funnier than scrum thinking cnn is not left leaning. lol

You're as much as a gun enthusiast as Lip is a liberal. Posted pics to prove what?? haha Those pics speak for themselves. lol
Old 02-22-18, 01:44 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Obama/Keiser = Centrist

Bernie/Scrum = Way Left

Palin/Chaddd = Simple
You forgot one...

Kaiser = Full Retard
jack tors likes this.
Old 02-22-18, 07:25 PM

Superior Admiral
CBS news reported the security guard at the school took up a position outside the building after 1 min of shooting...he stayed there untill it stopped 4 min later. Apparently they have that on video and the police chief announced this.

If ......thus is true...that's one spineless mother fucker...I'm assuming here..but I bet it was some old dude that should of been retired already..just filling a...safe position...

He should be charged with something if this is true....holy fuck....

Police depts are gonna have to reconsider who gets put on duty guarding...soft targets...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-18, 08:09 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
CBS news reported the security guard at the school took up a position outside the building after 1 min of shooting...he stayed there untill it stopped 4 min later. Apparently they have that on video and the police chief announced this.

If ......thus is true...that's one spineless mother fucker...I'm assuming here..but I bet it was some old dude that should of been retired already..just filling a...safe position...

Police depts are gonna have to reconsider who gets put on duty guarding...soft targets...

Countless court cases have shown that the police do NOT have to protect you. Many people think that the police must protect the citizens. Not true at all.
Old 02-22-18, 08:13 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post
Countless court cases have shown that the police do NOT have to protect you. Many people think that the police must protect the citizens. Not true at all.
I agree they don't have too... But I still say that's why he's there and if this is true...he's a spineless mother fucker....what kind of a man stands by while kids are getting murdered

voneber likes this.
Old 02-22-18, 10:15 PM

This is the reason why arming teachers won't work. If a police officer with training couldn't confront the gunman, then a teacher won't be able to either.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
jack tors likes this.
Old 02-22-18, 11:05 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:

Proves my point that most donít have the mentality to kill, especiallly teachers.
Old 02-22-18, 11:09 PM

This was a really good read from an infantry guy.

https://www.charlottefive.com/arming...ampaign=buffer

Old 02-23-18, 01:30 AM

Superior Newbie
Quote:
So, you read it on the internet.
most def this is where I got my knowledge of body armor. I watch you tube video demos of guys shooting vests with different ammo. I read reviews I read the company marketing I read all kinds of shit all on the internet before I chose my soft armor and my hard armor. the only thing I have not done is shoot my own vest cuz it will be useless after that and I am to cheap to do that. I prob won't do it even after it expires.

I'm very confident in my knowledge of armor from what I have read and watched on the net.

I actually have bought ammo based on some of these tests.
bouncer is very much a gun new but if you knew him you know he prob spends 6 hours a day researching shit he goes balls deep.
I've been into guns all my life not just having been into them and he already showed me a thing or two I didn't know.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 01:42 AM

Superior Newbie
Quote:
This is the reason why arming teachers won't work. If a police officer with training couldn't confront the gunman, then a teacher won't be able to either.

you said police with training,lol them poor suckers are not trained in shit. its clear as day when you see these videos of them blasting people or beating people to death.

I agree arming teachers won't do shit either. people might think its easy to just shoot someone but how many here have actually done it? shit how many of you will even fight let alone kill someone?
arming teachers is not the life saver here. but I would not be against one being armed either but they would need more training then the police have shooting wise at least.

there is actually studies that have proven soldiers shoot at the ground and not the bad guys in war. I do not remember any stats but I remember reading that I am sure a quick google check will find it if anyone cares but thats nuts.

there is no clear cut fix for these school shootings. only thing I can think of is stop putting it in the news.

how many died today from smoking or alcohol ? way way way way more then all the shootings put together but its not in the news. so why put the shootings in the news??????
jack tors and lipripper like this.
Old 02-23-18, 04:50 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Proves my point that most donít have the mentality to kill, especiallly teachers.
Some will some won't..the point your missing is it's a deterrent....these little piss ants don't want confrontation...how many have fought the police? None...they give up or kill themselves...your smart enough to realize the deterrent factor here in this. Of course most will choose to ignore it knowing it's true...just because they don't agree with guns at soft targets. So again..instead of reality we choose a side.

Here's the thing...everyone expects the police to come to the rescue...call 911!!!! That's what the anti gun crowd says...that's what the left says...that's what most on the right will say...what good is the police...when you responder is a coward?

You gonna sit here and tell me that teacher that protected them students wouldn't of been firing back? If anyone does..your full of shit! He was a man. Doing the right thing a uniform don't make you a hero. I saw what I thought were great NCOs in the desert coward down n piss themselfs..your thoughts are flawed.

Old 02-23-18, 05:02 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:

So the world is helpless because some young kid has a gun... The so called policeman could damn well confront him...he was a coward and chose not to..Lolo. Police can't...wow

Damn scrum your right..the only think cops can shoot are black kids in the back and plant guns on them..isn't that what you say...not a white kid murdering others..that's it..it must be a race issue in police training..they are only taught to be aggressive against poor black people..

Last edited by lipripper; 02-23-18 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-23-18, 08:01 AM

Quote:
So the world is helpless because some young kid has a gun... The so called policeman could damn well confront him...he was a coward and chose not to..Lolo. Police can't...wow

Damn scrum your right..the only think cops can shoot are black kids in the back and plant guns on them..isn't that what you say...not a white kid murdering others..that's it..it must be a race issue in police training..they are only taught to be aggressive against poor black people..

Not sure why you are bringing race into this. My point is that it is wishful thinking at best that teachers will have the kind of training needed to be able to confront a gunman without panicking or freezing when even soldiers and policeman who get way more training than civilians sometimes freeze.

Old 02-23-18, 08:03 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Not sure why you are bringing race into this. My point is that it is wishful thinking at best that teachers will have the kind of training needed to be able to confront a gunman without panicking or freezing when even soldiers and policeman who get way more training than civilians sometimes freeze.

because its apparent that's your thoughts on what the police are good for from a lot of your previous posts over time honestly.
Old 02-23-18, 08:21 AM

Founding Member
Quote:

Do you know many cops?

Most departments have pistol certification yearly. YEARLY. Police officers arenít delta force like you are imagining. Most officers that Iíve met arenít into guns. They donít shoot outside the mandated training. That is the sad reality. And school resource officers are usually given that job because they suck on the streets. Fat, old, etc.
lipripper likes this.
Old 02-23-18, 08:25 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Do you know many cops?

Most departments have pistol certification yearly. YEARLY. Police officers arenít delta force like you are imagining. Most officers that Iíve met arenít into guns. They donít shoot outside the mandated training. That is the sad reality. And school resource officers are usually given that job because they suck on the streets. Fat, old, etc.
just hit the nail on the head!
Old 02-23-18, 08:42 AM

Founding Member
So scrum what's your idea to help diminish school shootings?

Why 20+ years ago did we have less gun laws yet these types of shootings did not happen?
voneber likes this.
Old 02-23-18, 10:16 AM

Superior Admiral
https://nypost.com/2018/02/22/deputy...id-a-good-job/

The fucking coward...

Old 02-23-18, 11:13 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
So scrum what's your idea to help diminish school shootings?

Why 20+ years ago did we have less gun laws yet these types of shootings did not happen?
Were teachers carrying in schools 20 years ago?
Old 02-23-18, 11:42 AM

Founding Member
Btw. The school resource officer at the school was a pussy and had to resign. He never went in the building. Unarmed staff gave their life to save students and this cop sat outside and waited for backup. Look it up. It's ridiculous and has been a huge topic down here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
jack tors, lipripper and Keiser like this.
Old 02-23-18, 11:44 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Think about the coach that saved all those kids by jumping in front of them. That coach would have fired back if he had a firearm.

Just because they had some half assed worthless "security" person at the school doesn't prove your point in any way, shape, or form.
Chadd77 and lipripper like this.
Old 02-23-18, 11:46 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
You didn't answer the question
Old 02-23-18, 11:54 AM

Administrator
Quote:
no, they didn't need to. neither did we need armed security or police in schools 20 years ago for fear of a mass shooting.

that's the point. 20 years ago this wasn't happening but firearms were just as accessible.
lipripper likes this.
Old 02-23-18, 11:59 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETS REVENGE View Post
bouncer is very much a gun newb but if you knew him you know he prob spends 6 hours a day researching shit he goes balls deep.
I've been into guns all my life not just having been into them and he already showed me a thing or two I didn't know.
lolol. 6 hours is a bit much but i definitely like to research and understand a subject once I really get into it. i like to try and understand as much as I can about whatever i'm interested in.

add to that i've probably been to the range and fired more rounds in the last 3 months then all you fags combined.
Old 02-23-18, 12:11 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:

add to that i've probably been to the range and fired more rounds in the last 3 months then all you fags combined.
trust me..you have a lot of catching up to do grasshopper
Old 02-23-18, 12:12 PM

Administrator
Quote:
i've said it before. police are responders. they respond to a situation already in progress and most times by the time they get there the situation is over.

this is why i see this school issue the same way i see a home defense issue. someone comes into my home who isn't supposed to be here they better be prepared for a war because they are going to see nothing but copper and lead. and no i'm not some "billy bad ass" either. this is about survival and protection, not being some Rambo wannabe. we should do whatever it takes to protect our loved ones. the same should be true for someone who comes into a school with any intention to harm.

it's repeated by the NRA all the time and I know it's cliche at this point and I will add a little caveat to the phrase that's important as shown by this pussy security guard at the school..

the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy WITH BALLS that has a gun.
Old 02-23-18, 12:16 PM

Administrator
Quote:
trust me..you have a lot of catching up to do grasshopper
birdshot doesn't count sissy.
Old 02-23-18, 12:34 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
In the wake of the deadly school shooting in Parkland, Florida, some are calling for teachers, administrators and other adults at schools to carry guns to help prevent mass shootings.

A Utah teacher explained why she carries a handgun to school every single day.

Kasey Hansen revealed that the idea to arm herself in the classroom began with the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, where 20 children and six adults were killed.

"The teachers just huddled their kids in the corner and stood in front of them and hoped for the best. They didn't have any defense for them, and all that they could do was hope that the bad guy didn't come in and shoot up their room," Hansen said. "For me, I needed a better option, I needed a better plan set in place rather than hunker down and just hope for the best."

She said she began carrying a gun at school shortly after Sandy Hook, and she immediately got pushback from some, which has persisted to this day.

Hansen noted that she is a responsible gun owner, having completed a concealed-carry class and extensive training at the gun range.

"I became a teacher because I love children. I love children, and I would do anything for them," Hansen said. "And if that means taking a bullet, then yes, I will take a bullet for my children. But why not give me the chance to also fight back in the process?"
Old 02-23-18, 12:43 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Do you know many cops?

Most departments have pistol certification yearly. YEARLY. Police officers aren’t delta force like you are imagining. Most officers that I’ve met aren’t into guns. They don’t shoot outside the mandated training. That is the sad reality. And school resource officers are usually given that job because they suck on the streets. Fat, old, etc.
while that may be true for many. it's definitely not my experience at the range. i see 4-5 different cops every single time I go to the range. I've talked to a bunch of different cops while waiting for a lane to open up. these guys (even in cali) love legal gun owners and definitely would do what needs to be done in terms of what a cop SHOULD do. yesterday 1 was checking out my LWRC and asking me where I got it and how much I paid etc.. he loved the spiral fluted barrel.

obviously i realize cops at a range in their off time are going to be a bit different from the norm. just pointing out that there are plenty good ones who do shoot regularly.
lipripper likes this.
Old 02-23-18, 02:19 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
You didn't answer the question
Why do you think there weren't school shootings 20 years ago? Is it because teachers had guns in the classroom? I honestly don't know, but is that your stance?

My point is, Chadd is that 20 years ago was 1998. What laws regarding schools and teachers having guns are different between 1998 and 2018?

Did we take guns away from teachers which caused these mass shootings? Is there a case on record from 20 years ago where an armed teacher stopped a mass school shooting. I honestly don't know, but would like to hear your thoughts on what is different between today and 1998 (which wasn't that long ago, as I was even out of high school by then).

*** Edit, researching school shootins and there were plenty from 20-25 years ago, see my post below.

Last edited by Keiser; 02-23-18 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-23-18, 02:21 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
no, they didn't need to. neither did we need armed security or police in schools 20 years ago for fear of a mass shooting.

that's the point. 20 years ago this wasn't happening but firearms were just as accessible.
I don't think that's the point Chadd is trying to make. He didn't use the word "accessible", he claims that gun laws were less strict. From my understanding he was trying to claim that gun laws were more relaxed 20 years ago and there were no shootings and I thought we were debating on arming teachers, so were more teachers armed due to the more relaxed laws?

and..... *** Edit, researching school shootings and there were plenty from 20-25 years ago, see my post below.

Last edited by Keiser; 02-23-18 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-23-18, 02:25 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
lolol. 6 hours is a bit much but i definitely like to research and understand a subject once I really get into it. i like to try and understand as much as I can about whatever i'm interested in.

Fine. I understand the concept of learning things on line and being a newbie and spending hours at the range & becoming knowledgable. But, you can't draw the conclusion that I'm not a shooter and not pro-gun like Bouncer attempted to do just because I know almost nothing about bulletproof vests and what type of bullets can penetrate what type of kevlar, etc. I have zero interest in learning about that or buying one.
Old 02-23-18, 02:29 PM

Superior Pro
Also, the deadly Columbine shooting was in 1999 so about 20 years ago. I'm not sure that Chadd has any type of valid, rational point here. I'd like for him to elaborate.

There was also a school shooting in Oregon in May of 1998:
Thurston High School shooting: After killing his parents at home, 15-year-old Kip Kinkel, drove to Thurston High School, where he killed two students and wounded 23 others.[298] After pleading guilty, he was sentenced to 111 years of prison.

And one in Arkansas in 1998:
Westside Middle School shootings: 13-year-old Mitchell Johnson, and 11-year-old Andrew Golden, killed a teacher and four students, and wounded ten others, as Westside Middle School emptied during a fire alarm intentionally set off by Golden.

And 1996 in Washington state:
Frontier Middle School shooting: 14-year-old Barry Loukaitis, killed a teacher and two students and wounded another student when he opened fire on his algebra class. Loukaitis was sentenced to life in prison.

Come on guys, let's drop the, "didn't happen 20 years ago" nonsense. If we are going to have intelligent debate about this, let's stick to facts.

Also, that reminds me. Those against AR-15's a counter argument to that is that AR-15s weren't used in the Columbine shootings from my memory. I think those kids had shotguns and 9mm pistols and around what 13 people were killed? So it's even more stupid to blame the type of gun based on this alone.

Last edited by Keiser; 02-23-18 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-23-18, 04:03 PM

Administrator
Call it 25 years then keiser. The point is it was pretty much unheard of back then.
Old 02-23-18, 04:06 PM

Administrator
By the way, the deadliest school shooting in US history was done with 2 pistols. Just pointing that out for idiots like redback who think AR's are the root of all evil.
Old 02-23-18, 06:04 PM

Administrator
It wasn't just 1 cop that did nothing, it seems that multiple broward county cops did nothing. It took cops from another town (coral springs) to actually do something. No wonder the Sheriff of broward county was so focused on blaming guns and the FBI for this tragedy. He was trying to take the heat off himself and his shitty officers.

(CNN)When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. The deputies had their pistols drawn and were behind their vehicles, the sources said, and not one of them had gone into the school.

With direction from the Broward deputies who were outside, Coral Springs police soon entered the building where the shooter was. New Broward County Sheriff's deputies arrived on the scene, and two of those deputies and an officer from Sunrise, Florida, joined the Coral Springs police as they went into the building.
Some Coral Springs police were stunned and upset that the four original Broward County Sheriff's deputies who were first on the scene did not appear to join them as they entered the school, Coral Springs sources tell CNN. It's unclear whether the shooter was still in the building when they arrived.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/polit...ies/index.html
Old 02-23-18, 11:09 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
And most schools are a pretty big size with multiple buildings. These 3-4 teachers would be spread out and busy TEACHING. The armed security would be patrolling and watching cameras all day and could react quickly.
nah
there was an armed security person at the last shooting
Old 02-23-18, 11:28 PM

Superior Pro
To defend scrum a bit. Unbelievable but that kids family was caught doctoring the emails they said came from CNN.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...9X&sh=ec9019a7
Old 02-23-18, 11:37 PM

Administrator
Quote:
To defend scrum a bit. Unbelievable but that kids family was caught doctoring the emails they said came from CNN.

https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/co...9X&sh=ec9019a7
sad shit.
Old 02-23-18, 11:53 PM

Administrator
(CNN) A woman close to the Parkland, Florida, school shooter called an FBI tip line in early January to describe a young man with an arsenal of knives and guns who was "going to explode" and said she feared him "getting into a school and just shooting the place up."

"I just want to, you know, get it off my chest in case something does happen and I do believe something's going to happen," the woman said, according to a transcript of the January 5 call reviewed by CNN.

The FBI admitted last week that it had failed to act on the tip. In a statement then, FBI Director Christopher Wray said that "we have spoken with victims and families, and deeply regret the additional pain this causes all those affected by this horrible tragedy."

In the days since the massacre, people who knew Cruz have described a troubled young man who was often at odds with law enforcement and made violent posts online. The FBI and local police have revealed that they had received several warnings about his behavior.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/polit...ipt/index.html
Old 02-24-18, 02:56 AM

Administrator
A message from Hickok45

Having spent about eighteen years in school buildings as a student and twenty-nine years in school buildings as an unarmed teacher, fifteen of them post-Columbine, I think I have a right to voice an opinion on this matter. I'm pretty proficient with firearms, yet I faced each day of teaching knowing that I could easily be shot down right along with my students.

So, school administrators, board members, parents, and anybody else responsible for the kids in your community, is your school safer this week? If it is, great work. Thanks for getting at this important task. If not, WHY not! Are you not angry enough yet? I am angry, and I don’t blame students around the country for being angry. Why would they NOT be angry; they are at risk, and nobody seems interested in actually fixing the problem. And I can’t blame an immature sixteen-year-old for placing all the blame on guns; there are plenty of adults who can’t get past that false notion themselves.

I want to know - are you one of the many school administrators just sitting around this week philosophizing and pontificating over coffee about gun control fantasies and improvements needed in the mental healthcare system? Meanwhile, hundreds of unprotected, innocent young people are streaming into your buildings every morning. Since you’ve probably devoted much of your life to obtaining multiple degrees, you are likely well prepared to be a very confident and polished speaker when the national news stations stick their microphones in your face. But if tragedy strikes YOUR school system next week, next month, next year, tomorrow, are you prepared to sacrifice the lives of your students, all the while knowing that there were some pretty effective preventative measures that could have been taken.

I have a shocking newsflash for you, the 2nd Amendment is not going anywhere, and the mental healthcare system and better background checks are not going to be fixed by next Thursday. How about you do what you can NOW! Just consider me naÔve, but I think it’s absolutely stunning that every school system in the country has not scoured its budget this week and trimmed some fat, “fat” that could hire some armed security for their campuses, maybe some stronger doors and windows at access points, along with other forms of real security. And if you think youngsters are going to be traumatized by armed guards, they’ll do just fine. REAL trauma is when somebody is terrorizing them with a bomb or a gun.

I like to think if I were in your position that I would already have been meeting with board members, county commissioners, the mayor, the governor, number crunchers in the systems, teachers, building administrators, etc. on an urgent mission to get my buildings and campus as secure as possible RIGHT NOW! Kids’ lives depend on it. Local police departments, along with parents, reserve deputies, and volunteer veterans, could have a serious impact on your security right now, tomorrow morning, when those precious kids get off the bus or drive into the student parking lot.

As left wing politicians have meetings and strategize how they can use these tragic events to promote their gun control agenda, there are very disturbed individuals out there amongst us right now looking for violent ways to “get even” with the world and be the dominate topic on CNN and Fox News for the next two weeks. Why this is not being addressed in every single school building in the country this week in very practical fashion is just beyond me. We can fret and fight over “gun control” NEXT WEEK. We can work on improving the mental healthcare system NEXT WEEK. We can work on making sure serious mental health history shows up on background checks NEXT WEEK. THIS WEEK is when our kids are sitting ducks in all your “gun free zones” that are “gun free” only until somebody with evil intent shows up with one.

As someone in the news stated this week, “The next school shooter is out there, and he probably has a gun,” which would create a sense of urgency in MY mind if I were at ANY level of responsibility in any school system. And, of course, the threat might not even be a severely disturbed teenager; it might just be a hate-crazed religious fanatic from across the globe with an AK47, or a truck, or a bomb.

How about we get the school buildings and our kids protected NOW!

Sincerely,
Hickok45
Old 02-24-18, 12:21 PM

Superior Pro
I've been continuing to research, and in my research I found the first ever school shooting on record, some native american Indians came into a school and killed kids with bow and arrows:

1764!

Enoch Brown school massacre: Perhaps the earliest shooting to happen on school or college property, in what would become the United States, was the notorious Enoch Brown school massacre during the Pontiac's War. Four Delaware (Lenape) American Indians entered the schoolhouse near present-day Greencastle, Pennsylvania, shot and killed schoolmaster Enoch Brown, and nine children Only two children survived.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0