SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page 18 school shootings this year

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-18, 12:22 PM

Superior Pro
Shall we ban bow and arrows? I remember bringing arrowheads to class in elementary school for show and tell.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 12:38 PM

Superior Pro
Serious Question: What is the purpose of the NRA?

If the 2nd Amendment Protects our rights to have guns, then why exactly do we need the NRA funneling money from Gun Manufacturers to Politicians? Isn't this just a case of, "Follow the Money"?
Old 02-24-18, 12:56 PM

Superior Pro
As Trump Talks New Gun Measures, Gun Owners Talk 'Betrayal'

As President Donald Trump talked this week about banning "bump stocks" and curbing young people's access to guns, the gun owners and advocates who helped propel his political rise talked about desertion and betrayal.

Trump's flirtation with a set of modest gun control measures drew swift condemnation from gun groups, hunters and sportsmen who banked on the president to be a stalwart opponent to any new gun restrictions. In his pledge to make schools safer and curb gun violence after the massacre at a Florida high school, gun advocates see a weakening resolve from the man they voted for in droves and spent millions to elect.

"Out in the firearms community there is a great feeling of betrayal and abandonment, because of the support he was given in his campaign for president," Tony Fabian, president of the Colorado Sports Shooting Association, said Friday.

Gun Owners of America issued an alert earlier this week urging its 1.5 million members to call the White House and "Tell Trump to OPPOSE All Gun Control!" The organization said anti-gun activists aided by congressional Democrats are trying to convince the president he should "support their disastrous gun control efforts," the message said. "And sadly, it may be working."

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/p...475038033.html
Old 02-24-18, 01:06 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiser View Post
Serious Question: What is the purpose of the NRA?

If the 2nd Amendment Protects our rights to have guns, then why exactly do we need the NRA funneling money from Gun Manufacturers to Politicians? Isn't this just a case of, "Follow the Money"?
lol. you act like companies and organizations giving money to politicians on either side of the isle to push an agenda or special interest is a new concept and exclusive to the NRA.

Nancy Pelosi, Feinstein, and Hilary have all admitted the end goal is to get rid of guns period if they had their way. An amendment can be repealed, it's not an absolute. The NRA is there to prevent that as best they can. It's also a profitable business obviously.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 01:50 PM

Founding Member
Just so everyone knows... the NRA is not right or left leaning. They are straight down the middle. Just wanted to clear that up for everyone.
Bouncer, lipripper, Keiser and 1 others like this.
Old 02-24-18, 03:17 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
lol. you act like companies and organizations giving money to politicians on either side of the isle to push an agenda or special interest is a new concept and exclusive to the NRA.

Nancy Pelosi, Feinstein, and Hilary have all admitted the end goal is to get rid of guns period if they had their way. An amendment can be repealed, it's not an absolute. The NRA is there to prevent that as best they can. It's also a profitable business obviously.
I'm simply asking the question, for some deeper conversation into the true purpose of the NRA if we are protected by the 2nd Amendment and the only way to pass an amendment is to "vote" for it, the people still have the power. I'm not sure the NRA is necessary. And that goes with any company/organization giving money to politicians. I don't think I'm OK with that. Shouldn't be pay for play.

And I'm so glad you didn't put Obama in your above sentence since he's on record saying many times he believes in the 2nd Amendment, which is why Feinstein despised Obama.

I'm not sure I've ever heard Hillary say she wants to do away with the 2nd Amendment, but you may know better than me on that one.
Old 02-24-18, 03:29 PM

Superior Pro
Did a bit of searching, it appears Hillary also supported the 2nd Amendment:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.c632eb9350f7

In any case, Ms. Clinton does not appear to be interested in pressing a radical re-interpretation of the Second Amendment. “Gun ownership is part of the fabric of many law-abiding communities,” her fact sheet on gun policy declares. She has endorsed a balance between upholding Americans’ constitutionally protected access to firearms and enacting rudimentary safety measures.

-------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/11/polit...ent/index.html

"I think what the court said about there being an individual right is in line with constitutional thinking," Clinton said about two weeks ago on "Fox News Sunday," affirming individual gun rights.
"I'm not looking to repeal the Second Amendment. I'm not looking to take people's guns away," she said. "But I am looking for more support for the reasonable efforts that need to be undertaken to keep guns out of the wrong hands."
Old 02-24-18, 03:34 PM

Administrator
The Clintons are very anti 2nd amendment bro. Look up the Clinton 94-04 "assult weapons ban". A ban based on how a weapon looks. Lol. It didn't apply to other guns that looked like a hunting rifle instead of a "weapon of war" yet was still semi auto with the same round capacity etc..
Old 02-24-18, 03:45 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
The Clintons are very anti 2nd amendment bro. Look up the Clinton 94-04 "assult weapons ban". A ban based on how a weapon looks. Lol. It didn't apply to other guns that looked like a hunting rifle instead of a "weapon of war" yet was still semi auto with the same round capacity etc..
Yeah I read about that, but how can that be attributed to Hillary Clinton? When she campaigned, she specifically said she supports the 2nd Amendment. Supporting a ban of "Bump Stocks" or "Assault Weapons" (which is a dumb term btw) doesn't mean you don't support the 2nd Amendment. To me, not supporting the 2nd Amendment would be someone like Feinstein who wants to ban ALL guns.

Here is more about the 1994 Assault Weapon Ban from Wikipedia, sure it appears Bill Clinton supported it, but so did Ronald Reagan and look who proposed it. Feinstein!!!:

In November 1993, the proposed legislation passed the U.S. Senate. The bill's author, Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and other advocates said that it was a weakened version of the original proposal.[11] In May 1994, former presidents Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, and Ronald Reagan, wrote to the U.S. House of Representatives in support of banning "semi-automatic assault guns". They cited a 1993 CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll that found 77 percent of Americans supported a ban on the manufacture, sale, and possession of such weapons.[12]

read more:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa...lt_Weapons_Ban

Again, Fucking Ronald Regan supported this, so it's not exactly true to blame Bill Clinton for this. Keep in mind that Regan was also the one who banned open carry in California when he was governor.

The Gun issue is not a Left vs Right issue. I know so many Pro-Gun democrats.
Old 02-24-18, 04:00 PM

Administrator
reagan was def anti gun. you are right about that.

Hillary though bro. shes a snake. she isn't a friend of guns lets put it that way.
Old 02-24-18, 04:03 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
reagan was def anti gun. you are right about that.

Hillary though bro. shes a snake. she isn't a friend of guns lets put it that way.
Fair Enough.
Old 02-24-18, 10:07 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Fair Enough.
the only guns she wants around her are that of her security detail. her and her rich left friends do not think us commoners deserve the same protections.

that semi auto glock you have she would take away in a second if she could. she may allow the revolvers.. they would probably fit her interpretation of what the 2nd amendment should allow.
Old 02-25-18, 12:03 PM

Administrator
Broward County FL Sheriff Israel Responds to Parkland Shooting Critics: ‘I’ve Given Amazing Leadership’

Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union,” Broward County, FL Sheriff Scott Israel fielded questions from show host Jake Tapper about his department’s actions leading up to and during the Parkland school shooting.

Israel said he had provided “amazing leadership” as the head of that agency.

Partial transcript as follows:

TAPPER: Are you really not taking any responsibility for the multiple red flags that were brought to the attention of the Broward Sheriff’s office about this shooter before this incident, whether it was people near him, close to him calling the police?

ISRAEL: I can only take responsibility for what I knew about. I exercised my due diligence. I’ve given amazing leadership to this agency.

TAPPER: Amazing leadership?

ISRAEL: Yes, Jake. There’s a lot of things we’ve done throughout this — this is — you don’t measure a person’s leadership by a deputy not going in to — these deputies received the training they needed.

TAPPER: Maybe you measure somebody’s leadership by whether or not they protect the community. You’ve listed 23 incidents before the shooting involving the shooter, and still, nothing was done to keep guns out of his hands, to make sure that the school was protected, to make sure you were keeping an eye on him — I don’t understand how you can sit there and claim amazing leadership?

ISRAEL: Jake, on 16 of those cases our deputies did everything right. Our deputies have done amazing things. We’ve taken this — the five years I’ve been sheriff, we’ve taken the Broward Sheriff’s Office to a new level. I’ve worked with some of the bravest people I’ve ever met. One person at this point, one person didn’t do what he should have done. It’s horrific. The victims here — the families, I pray for them every night. it makes me sick to my stomach that we had a deputy that didn’t go in because I know if I was there if I was on the wall, I would have been the first in along with so many of the other people.
Old 02-25-18, 01:51 PM

Superior Pro
Samuel L. Jackson has torn apart President Donald Trump’s idea to arm some teachers in a bid to prevent school shootings.

The “Pulp Fiction” star joined the growing chorus of critics of the plan with this tweet on Friday:

@SamuelLJackson
Can someone that’s been in a Gunfight tell that Muthafukka that’s Never been in a Gunfight, the flaws of his Arm The Teachers plan??!!

His post has gone viral.

Trump first touted the idea of arming 20 percent of teaching staff at schools during a “listening session” last week at the White House that included students and parents personally affected by the Feb. 14 mass shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida.

The proposal has sparked an avalanche of criticism, with many teachers using social media to speak out against it. Lily Eskelsen García, the president of the National Education Association, told Education Week that solutions are needed to “keep guns out of the hands of those who want to use them to massacre innocent children and educators.”

“Arming teachers does nothing to prevent that,” she said.
Old 02-25-18, 01:54 PM

Superior Pro
Combat veterans push for gun reform: ‘This isn’t right’

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/comb...right-1.513590

WASHINGTON — Not long ago, Army veteran Dennis Magnasco would respond with frustration when he saw his more liberal friends publicly call for gun reform. They weren’t experts on the weapons that they wanted banned, he thought. They didn’t understand the nuances.

That all changed Oct. 1, 2017, when a shooter used semi-automatic rifles modified with bump-fire stocks to kill 58 people at a music festival in Las Vegas. Magnasco listened to audio of the shooting. The sound of the gunfire transported him back to his time as a combat medic. It took him back to Afghanistan.

“It shook me to my core because it sounded like combat,” Magnasco said. “I had this feeling of, ‘This isn’t right.’ ”

When 17 students and teachers were killed Feb. 14 at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., by a 19-year-old using an AR-15 assault-style rifle, Magnasco spoke out.

He said he’s a combat veteran, a gun owner and a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment. And he’s ready for gun reform.

“I recognize the power of firearms. I’ve seen what they can do,” Magnasco said. “And it makes me sick to know that we have high school kids seeing this in their schools.”

Magnasco tweeted a message to that effect Feb. 18, along with the hashtag #VetsForGunReform and a photo of himself and other soldiers in Afghanistan toting M4 carbine rifles.

His tweet and similar messages shared by veterans during the past week launched a movement that spread from Twitter into commentary in the Washington Post, the New York Times and other publications. One congressman from Florida, Brian Mast — a Republican and combat veteran who lost both legs from a roadside bomb in Kandahar — put out a call to ban future sales of assault rifles, asserting he didn’t fear becoming a “political casualty.”

By Friday, a loose group of veterans formed — some staffers for elected officials, some policymakers and some advocates. They’re urging Congress to reform the access to and sale of firearms, from fixing and expanding background checks to limiting the style of guns sold.

“A lot of us have always been passionate about this issue,” said Andrea Goldstein, a former Navy lieutenant who served with expeditionary forces in multiple war zones. “Some of us are combat veterans. Some of us have seen what firearms can do to people.”

Goldstein served as a troop commander and had a role integrating women into previously all-male units. She now studies gender analysis and human security at the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.

“We want to make our expertise and position very clear, hoping that we can help inform decision-makers,” Goldstein said. “Ultimately, lawmakers have decisions to make, and we hope they make decisions that keep our children safe.”

President Donald Trump held a listening session Wednesday with students and parents of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, where he introduced his idea to arm some of the country’s teachers with concealed weapons to fortify schools against future mass killings.

Magnasco described the idea as “preposterous.” Goldstein called it “absurd.”

Servicemembers go through multiple levels of training on firearms, Goldstein said, including marksmanship, proper safety and storage, and urban-attack-scenario training.

“Teachers should be teaching, not out on the rifle range,” she said. “And I absolutely reject the idea that increasing guns in our schools is going to solve the problem.”

Peter Lucier, a former Marine Corps infantry rifleman, didn’t want to dignify the idea with a response.

“Every time we debunk it, we’re giving it credence as a real policy. I don’t think it’s a real policy,” he said. “It’s not a solution. It’s ridiculous on its face, for a lot of different reasons.”

Lucier first felt compelled to speak about gun reform after the Orlando nightclub shooting in the summer of 2016, when a lone shooter, armed with a pistol and a semi-automatic rifle, killed 49 people.

As a Marine, Lucier led training on M4s and MK-12 special-purpose rifles. He felt especially equipped to explain why access to certain weapons should be restricted.

“Those weapons were extensions of me. I know everything about them and how to use them,” Lucier said. “So, if we’re going to talk about these weapons, who better to than the people who lived and died by them?”

At the time, he teamed up with other veterans and began sending emails to the people who could effect change, but the outcry surrounding the Orlando killings eventually fizzled — and so did their efforts.

Robert Bateman — a military historian, 25-year Army veteran and former Georgetown University professor — first spoke out on the issue in 2013, in an Esquire Magazine post titled, “It’s Time We Talk About Guns.” He acknowledges his stance on guns is more extreme than other veterans who are calling for gun reform. Bateman thinks all automatic and semi-automatic handguns and rifles should be banned.

After the article, he received thousands of pieces of hate mail and more than a dozen death threats.

He and Lucier said the response to the Stoneman Douglas High School shooting — and the subsequent calls for gun reform — feels different.

“I’m seeing huge amounts of support,” Bateman said.

Students from Stoneman Douglas have organized, emerging as powerful advocates for gun-control laws. They’re speaking at rallies and planning a gun-control event in Washington next month. They questioned the National Rifle Association and Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., on national television Wednesday.

Their outspokenness could be generating some results. On Friday, companies began cutting ties with the NRA after consumers who were angry with the powerful gun lobby urged a boycott. And Trump said he supports limiting the purchase of assault rifles to people who are 21 and older — a stance that defies the NRA.

As the students continue to advocate for legislative change, veterans can amplify their message and can help protect against attempts to discredit them, Lucier said. Soon after the students began speaking out, conspiracies about their being “crisis actors” quickly spread and went viral online, pushed by conspiracy theorists who claim mass shootings are staged to achieve political goals.

“If America sees veterans standing alongside these kids saying, ‘Listen to them,’ that lends weight and a little bit of a shield,” Lucier said.

Working together, Lucier and other veterans involved in #VetsForGunReform hope — this time — that the response doesn’t fizzle.

“This core group of kids is displaying courage and determination — just relentlessly pursuing the issue. The way they’ve spoken up and spoken out does seem different,” Lucier said. “I’m eternally hopeful that we’re going to find solutions to the violence that plagues this country, and every time something like this happens, I’m hopeful again. And that’s the best I can do.”
Old 02-25-18, 01:58 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Samuel L. Jackson has torn apart President Donald Trump’s idea to arm some teachers in a bid to prevent school shootings.

The “Pulp Fiction” star joined the growing chorus of critics of the plan with this tweet on Friday:

@SamuelLJackson
Can someone that’s been in a Gunfight tell that Muthafukka that’s Never been in a Gunfight, the flaws of his Arm The Teachers plan??!!

His post has gone viral.

Trump first touted the idea of arming 20 percent of teaching staff at schools during a “listening session” last week at the White House that included students and parents personally affected by the Feb. 14 mass shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida.

The proposal has sparked an avalanche of criticism, with many teachers using social media to speak out against it. Lily Eskelsen García, the president of the National Education Association, told Education Week that solutions are needed to “keep guns out of the hands of those who want to use them to massacre innocent children and educators.”

“Arming teachers does nothing to prevent that,” she said.
A guy that has never been in a gunfight is telling another guy that has never been in a gun fight to ask someone who has been in a gun fight.. lol.

Keep in mind actual police officers that have been trained for gunfights coward behind their cars while unarmed teachers jumped in front of bullets to save their kids..

of course something like this would go viral. people are in general sheep. zero common sense.
Old 02-26-18, 01:22 AM

Administrator
Florida Gun Show sees record number of attendees

wtsp.com | Florida Gun Show sees
Old 02-26-18, 04:05 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
A guy that has never been in a gunfight is telling another guy that has never been in a gun fight to ask someone who has been in a gun fight.. lol.

Keep in mind actual police officers that have been trained for gunfights coward behind their cars while unarmed teachers jumped in front of bullets to save their kids..

of course something like this would go viral. people are in general sheep. zero common sense.
Just out of curiosity tough guy..Have you ever been in a situation where you have had to use a gun??

I have been in that situation (in a previous life) and I can tell you now, a split second decision with a gun can make the difference between someone being dead on your floor and you going to jail for the rest of your life or not. Not something I would be wiling to risk anytime soon/again that is for sure.
Old 02-26-18, 07:38 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by redback View Post
Just out of curiosity tough guy..Have you ever been in a situation where you have had to use a gun??

I have been in that situation (in a previous life) and I can tell you now, a split second decision with a gun can make the difference between someone being dead on your floor and you going to jail for the rest of your life or not. Not something I would be wiling to risk anytime soon/again that is for sure.
The only reason I would ever pull my gun out was if my or my families life was in danger. No reason to go to jail if you're defending your life. It's not something you pull out because someone pissed you off. lol So let me guess... you probably got your ass kicked in a fight and pulled out a gun? lol
Old 02-26-18, 08:48 AM

Founding Member
I was listening to NPR this morning on the way in to work. Gov. Matt Bevin view on guns and gun laws. I agree 100% we have to figure out why it's different than 50 years ago. It blows my mind that people think that these nut jobs that want to kill innocent people will obey laws.

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/26/58877...armed-marshals
Old 02-26-18, 11:39 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by redback View Post

No and I hope I never have to. But that split second decision could also mean my death or the death of my family if I fail to act. I'd rather the criminal be dead and my family safe.

Has nothing to do with being a "tough guy".

It's about self defense if someone else has a gun and you are unarmed. You have no chance no matter how much of a "tough guy" you are.

I'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6...

You've just admitted you'd rather be a victim because jail is too much of a risk. You'd rather die at the hands of a criminal then face the possibility of a jury... If that isn't some pussifcation to the extreme I don't know what is.
Old 02-26-18, 11:58 AM

Founding Member
All the media is on the gun law bandwagon.

Is no one pissed that law enforcement and even the fucking FBI dropped the ball?
lipripper likes this.
Old 02-26-18, 12:10 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post
All the media is on the gun law bandwagon.

Is no one pissed that law enforcement and even the fucking FBI dropped the ball?
let me just add 1 thing. whatever happened to blaming the person responsible? people are literally more angry at the NRA and law abiding gun owners then the murderer himself.
chuckz28 and lipripper like this.
Old 02-26-18, 01:23 PM

Quote:
let me just add 1 thing. whatever happened to blaming the person responsible? people are literally more angry at the NRA and law abiding gun owners then the murderer himself.
I've seen plenty of anger all around, directed at the shooter, the shameful lack of medical coverage in our country that allow mental issues to fester and worsen without intervention, the poor law enforcement response to the early warning signs as well as the incident itself, and last but not least, the toxic lobbying and money culture in our governing process that allow special interest groups to dictate policy and to absolutely refuse any kind of reasonable controls on the ownership of lethal weapons.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-18, 01:33 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
the toxic lobbying and money culture in our governing process that allow special interest groups to dictate policy
this is done by EVERYONE on ALL SIDES for whatever agenda they have.

think sugar industry, fast food industry, fuel/oil industry, and the biggest one of all.. pharmaceutical industry. that last one has caused more harm to this country then all of the above. not only do they pay off politicians but they pay off doctors indirectly to push shit that people don't need. that alone is one of the many issues of the mental decline of society. there is an insane amount of medicated poeple in this country that don't even have the problem that the drug is supposed to fix..
lipripper likes this.
Old 02-26-18, 04:48 PM

Administrator
Old 02-27-18, 01:00 AM

Administrator
Bwahaha, this creature cracks me up.

Old 02-27-18, 04:43 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Bwahaha, this creature cracks me up.

What a stupid cunt...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-18, 04:58 AM

Superior Admiral
MSNBC says pistol bullets are to slow to stop a shooter with an AR15... Are they so fucking stupid they think they are gonna sell this shit....but this is ..REAL NEWS...fucking stupid goddamn people..read this shit!!!

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...use-t-n2453904

Old 02-27-18, 01:13 PM

Administrator
Current democratic tactic to take away our rights...

"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."

Adolf Hitler - Mein Kampf
Old 02-27-18, 01:54 PM

Administrator
perspective from a gun owner in America who lived through and escaped the soviet iron curtain. he also has 2 kids in public school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hmoKPz-eQ0
Old 02-27-18, 03:58 PM

Administrator
Congress rejects new gun laws

(Reuters) - Republican leaders of the U.S. Congress said on Tuesday that they would not raise the minimum age for gun buyers, in a sign that one of President Donald Trump’s proposals likely will not get far on Capitol Hill after a deadly Florida school shooting.

The second-deadliest shooting at a U.S. public school has reignited the long-running national debate over gun rights, pitting many of the students who survived the Feb. 14 high school shooting in Parkland, Florida, against powerful gun rights groups like the National Rifle Association.

Trump has suggested arming teachers and raising the minimum age to buy semiautomatic rifles from 18 to 21, but Republicans in Congress said they were not likely to act on either idea.

“We shouldn’t be banning guns from law-abiding citizens. We should be focusing on making sure that citizens who should not get guns in the first place don’t get those guns,” House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan told a news conference.

Ryan said local governments, not Congress, should decide whether to arm teachers.

Trump still supports raising the age limit and will release specific policy proposals this week, White House spokeswoman Sarah Sanders said.

Ryan’s comments made it clear that more aggressive gun limits, like a ban on the military-style rifle used by the 19-year-old Parkland shooter, were unlikely to gain traction in Congress.

Prosecutors have said that Nikolas Cruz killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland with a legally purchased rifle. Federal and local law enforcement agencies have acknowledged receiving multiple warnings about Cruz’s potential for violence.

Trump and his fellow Republicans are under pressure to act following the Parkland shooting, but they also must avoid angering Republican voters who broadly support gun rights as well as interest groups like the NRA, which spent $55 million in the 2016 election.

The House voted in December to bolster the national background check system after the Air Force failed to provide records that could have flagged a former service member who killed 26 people at a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, in November.

That legislation has broad support in the Senate as well, and Senator John Cornyn of Texas, the No. 2 Senate Republican, John Cornyn, said he wants a vote to take place this week.

Senate Democratic leader Charles Schumer said that by itself would not be adequate. He called for Congress to expand the background check system to cover all gun sales, including those conducted at gun shows and over the internet. That legislation has failed in Congress twice over the past five years.

“We Democrats, at a minimum, believe we should be passing a universal background check legislation that assures that guns don’t fall into the wrong hands,” Schumer told reporters.

The White House does not back that idea, Sanders said.

As Congress has failed to tighten gun laws in the wake of other mass shootings, states have taken action on their own.

Legislation that would raise the minimum age to buy assault weapons from 18 to 21 passed a committee in the Republican-controlled Florida legislature on Tuesday, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

The measure, which passed on a party-line vote, also would create a program to train teachers to carry guns in schools and impose a three-day waiting period to buy a gun. It must win approval from the full state legislature and Republican Governor Rick Scott to take effect.

CRUZ TO PROVIDE DNA
The Florida court where Cruz faces 17 counts of premeditated murder on Tuesday canceled a hearing where prosecutors had been scheduled to seek hair and DNA samples from the suspect.

Cruz’s publicly appointed defender, Gordon Weekes, said he reached a deal with Broward County prosecutors late Monday to provide those samples, making the hearing unnecessary.

Circuit Judge Elizabeth Scherer, who is hearing the case, on Monday rejected a request by defense attorneys to recuse herself from the case. They had argued that she had shown herself to favor the prosecutors.

Cruz’s case is due to return to court on Wednesday for a hearing to determine whether he has sufficient assets to pay for his own defense, Weekes said. Cruz’s mother died in November.
Old 02-27-18, 04:20 PM

Nothing will change. We will just keep going until the next shooting. And the next.

Old 02-27-18, 05:19 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Nothing will change. We will just keep going until the next shooting. And the next.

Until we address the main issues sadly you are correct. LE doing their job would be a start. Hardening our schools like we do a federal building would be another. Soft target gun free zones in a country with 500,000,000 firearms is not common sense. Getting rid of those firearms is not a reality so lets focus on what we CAN do shall we?
Old 02-27-18, 07:27 PM

Administrator
Quote:
I want to live in an America where we can meet a healthy medium, where I can own my AR-15 and the mentally ill get the help they need.
what a concept.
Old 02-27-18, 10:52 PM

Administrator
the AR-15 owner that turned in his AR... not the slightest bit suspicious that an AR owner put his optic on backwards... there is absolutely zero chance this was done for political points... lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/co...5p&sh=415534bf
Old 02-28-18, 05:34 AM

Superior Admiral
My kinda guy

http://themillenniumreport.com/2018/...-confiscation/

Old 02-28-18, 05:40 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
My kinda guy

http://themillenniumreport.com/2018/...-confiscation/

It's like that all over Cali. State law says one thing and what local cops and sheriff's actually enforce is a whole other matter. The only anti gun people in Cali are politicians. LE are pro gun 99% of the time.
Old 02-28-18, 05:45 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
It's like that all over Cali. State law says one thing and what local cops and sheriff's actually enforce is a whole other matter. The only anti gun people in Cali are politicians. LE are pro gun 99% of the time.
Hey...who's comming up with all the money for all these kids going to the state capitol in Florida to protesting...tour buses..hotels...food? Hummm?

If they wanna put an age limit on buying a gun...do it for cell phones...read a stat today...if true... 11 teenagers die a day in the us from operating a vehicle while texting n driving....that adds up to a whole lot more then killed with the evil AR...why isn't it being protested? Hypocrites

Old 02-28-18, 06:03 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
Hey...who's comming up with all the money for all these kids going to the state capitol in Florida to protesting...tour buses..hotels...food? Hummm?

If they wanna put an age limit on buying a gun...do it for cell phones...read a stat today...if true... 11 teenagers die a day in the us from operating a vehicle while texting n driving....that adds up to a whole lot more then killed with the evil AR...why isn't it being protested? Hypocrites

They don't care about kids. Feinstein is on an all out attack on AR-15 while calling handguns nothing more then a nail gun. Lol

Nevermind the fact that far more people are killed with handguns each year. Numbers aren't even close. Yet it's the "military assult rifle" that is the problem..
lipripper likes this.
Old 02-28-18, 10:54 AM

Founding Member
Quote:

Scrum, if I missed it I apologize but what would you like to see done?
Old 02-28-18, 11:31 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
i'm pretty sure he has the same viewpoint on firearms that Dianne Feinstein does.
Old 02-28-18, 03:08 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post
He wants us to do what Australia and the UK did.
Old 02-28-18, 03:13 PM

Superior Pro
I'm too busy running by business to research this, but there are some reports of a teacher in Georgia locking himself into a classroom and firing shots.
Old 02-28-18, 03:53 PM

Administrator
What's you business called the cock sucking cooperation?
Old 02-28-18, 04:25 PM

Administrator
If You Want to Know How to Stop School Shootings, Ask the Secret Service

https://scientificamerican.com/artic...ecret-service/

Scientific American - While President Donald Trump has not shied away from offering suggestions on how to prevent school shootings—including one controversial idea to arm teachers—what often gets overlooked in the conversation is research on the subject that has already been done.

This research includes one major study of school shootings conducted in part by the very agency charged with protecting the president of the United States himself—the U.S. Secret Service.

Has this research been ignored or just forgotten? I raise the question as one who has studied averted school shootings and the news coverage that followed.

Two months after the Columbine tragedy in 1999, experts from the U.S. Department of Education and the U.S. Secret Service collaborated to study the “school shooter” phenomenon. They published the study on their findings in 2002. The study focused on examining the thinking, planning and other behaviors of students who carried out school attacks. Particular attention was given to identifying pre-attack behaviors and communications that might be detectable—or “knowable”—and could help prevent future attacks.

The team studied 37 school shootings involving 41 attackers that took place from December 1974 through May 2000. Data included investigative, school, court and mental health records. In addition, 10 school shooters were interviewed to gain their perspectives from “conceptualization to execution” of the attacks. A series of findings emerged. In light of the Florida school shooting massacre and the fact that the alleged shooter drew a lot of attention prior to carrying out the shooting, those findings bear repeating here.

1. “Incidents of targeted violence at school rarely were sudden, impulsive acts.” Most attackers progressed through a process that started with an idea, to a plan, to accessing weapons and ending with the attack. If noticed, this process may be interrupted at any time before the attack.

2. “Prior to most incidents, other people knew about the attacker’s idea and/or plan to attack.” The implication is that schools must develop a culture that promotes student sharing of concerns about others. In studying schools that averted a shooting, I and other researchers found that a key factor was establishing trusting relationships with students. We also found that the notion of “snitching” needed to be reframed to being helpful. Unfortunately, it seems that in the case of the Parkland shooting, multiple people did come forward with concerns. The alleged shooter was on several different radars, but unless he was posing an imminent danger to himself or others, he couldn’t be jailed or forced to receive psychological services. It therefore becomes an issue of individual versus collective rights. Unless we are ready as a society to lock people up for disturbing communications, there will be some individuals who will fall through the proverbial cracks.

3. Along similar lines, most attackers “engaged in some behavior prior to the incident that caused others concern or indicated a need for help.” Some of these behaviors included talking about bringing a gun to school, or warning friends to avoid a certain area of the school on a given day. The Parkland shooter had a history of violent and aggressive behavior, including Instagram posts about becoming a “professional school shooter.”

4. While most attackers—96 percent—were male, the report found that there “is no accurate or useful ‘profile’ of students who engaged in targeted school violence.” Three-quarters of the attackers were white; one-quarter of the attackers came from other racial and ethnic backgrounds, including African-American (12 percent), Hispanic (5 percent), Native Alaskan (2 percent), Native American (2 percent) and Asian (2 percent). Most came from intact families, were doing well in school and were not loners, according to the report.

5. “Most attackers had difficulty coping with significant losses or personal failures. Moreover, many had considered or attempted suicide.” Knowing the students and what they are dealing with in their lives, such as parental divorce, ending of a relationship or other failures is important for getting help in a timely manner. The Parkland shooter’s adoptive mother died of pneumonia just three months prior to his deadly attack. And at age 5, he also witnessed his father die of a heart attack.

6. “Many attackers felt bullied, persecuted or injured by others prior to the attack.” Almost two-thirds reported being targeted by others prior to the attack, with some claiming to have withstood severe bullying for a long time. There is evidence that Nikolas Cruz was often mocked for his odd behavior.

Following the publication of the Secret Service study on school shootings, my research on averted school shootings found that schools that prevented a shooting had done some of the things recommended by the Secret Service.

The case in Florida shows that many of these recommendations were followed and people spoke up when they saw something wrong. The issue is whether authorities need more power to intervene once they have been made aware of a potential threat, or whether they just need to do a better job with the power they already have.
lipripper likes this.
Old 02-28-18, 06:56 PM

Administrator
trump is making an absolute ass of himself. he literally just suggested we take guns away without due process. if obama or any democrat said this people would be marching on Washington. holy fuck. Feinstein was so happy with what Trump was saying she was giggling. he may actually be worse for gun owners the Hillary. at least with her Republicans would have fought her on everything. trump is a Trojan horse. who would have thought a mostly life long NYC democrat would turn out to be a fake republican. lol. he just guaranteed himself 1 term.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-toomey-430782
Old 02-28-18, 08:47 PM

Administrator
Quote:
trump is making an absolute ass of himself. he literally just suggested we take guns away without due process. if obama or any democrat said this people would be marching on Washington. holy fuck. Feinstein was so happy with what Trump was saying she was giggling. he may actually be worse for gun owners the Hillary. at least with her Republicans would have fought her on everything. trump is a Trojan horse. who would have thought a mostly life long NYC democrat would turn out to be a fake republican. lol. he just guaranteed himself 1 term.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...-toomey-430782
even the extreme trump fanboys are turning on him over this.

President Trump Asks Dianne Feinstein to Add 'Assault Weapons' Ban to School Safety Bill | Breitbart
Old 03-01-18, 12:03 AM

Administrator
Old 03-01-18, 04:35 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
If he's actually for it..he's thru....he maybe playing a sheep in wolves clothing..trying to get it added so this bill will fail. If he's actually for it..fuck trump

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0