SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page 18 school shootings this year

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree73Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-18, 04:55 AM

Superior Admiral
The issue is whether authorities need more power to intervene once they have been made aware of a potential threat, or whether they just need to do a better job with the power they already have.

Last paragraph of your post says it all B. I may be all wrong here. But in my opinion I believe this is what Trump was talking about. Finding a way in certain situations that if criteria is met they can come take you into custody and confiscate your weapons if your deemed a serious threat.

The criteria for this will have to be high and I agree it can be a very slippery slope. But the FBI Broward Sherriffs office may have been able to prevent this last school shooting if something like this was in place.

While I don't like the idea of them being able to do this as I feel it will get abused...I also can see the need for it in a situation like this.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-18, 02:02 PM

Administrator
Dianne Feinstein talking more sense on gun control then trump... what the actual fuck is going on!?

"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

- President Donald Trump

"I don't know what he meant by due process," she added. "I'm reluctant to criticize it because I don't know what he meant. But do I agree with the concept of taking a gun away before — if the law doesn't permit it — no."

- California Sen. Dianne Feinstein
Old 03-02-18, 03:35 PM

Administrator
YOUTUBE HAS LOST CONTROL OF ITS MODERATORS

Even more channels have been banned as YouTube says it’s aware its new mods are being too hasty.

A number of airgun and air rifle related YouTube channels have been unceremoniously banned in the days since the February 14 massacre in Parkland, Florida. The vast majority of the accounts taken down were given no advance warning, a wide departure from YouTube’s official “three strikes and you’re out” policy.

Though a significant amount of accounts were purged, there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why certain channels in the airgun community were targeted over others. Some of the channels that were taken down include UpNorthAirgunner, Clustermarc, DaystateLTD, RackNLoad, and Armurerie Auxerre; countless similar accounts remained untouched. What’s more, a number of other accounts that had been banned were randomly reinstated on February 28, such as: AirgunsofArizona, AmericanAirgunner, Airgun Exploration & Advancement Channel, AirArmsHuintingSA, UmarexUSA, Squirrel Hunter, and Giles Airgun Gear Show, among many others. One of these such accounts, HoldOverVlog, was terminated without warning, then denied reinstatement in a February 27 appeal, then randomly unbanned a mere ten hours later.

The purge comes after a hellish week for YouTube. Yesterday, The Outline reported that YouTube was similarly banning conspiracy theorist channels, and taking down gun videos. Several outlets immediately expressed concern that YouTube would get in severe trouble with its users for moderating content too liberally. YouTube confirmed in a statement to Bloomberg that these bans were likely all made in error.

“As we work to hire rapidly and ramp up our policy enforcement teams throughout 2018, newer members may misapply some of our policies resulting in mistaken removals,” a YouTube spokeswoman said to Bloomberg in an email. “We’re continuing to enforce our existing policies regarding harmful and dangerous content, they have not changed. We’ll reinstate any videos that were removed in error.” Despite that statement, it appears that YouTube has continued to remove channels erroneously and without warning. (YouTube did not substantively respond to The Outline's request for comment on the matter.)

Back in December, YouTube said it would be hiring 10,000 new moderators in order to tamp down inappropriate content, which seemed like a good idea at the time. But if the company is doing this poor of a job already when it comes to teaching its “newer members” what should and should not be on YouTube, it's not clear adding even more people into the mix will improve things in the short term.

https://theoutline.com/post/3570/you...=1&zi=pr4hnvnd
Old 03-03-18, 10:47 AM

Administrator
Little inconveniant for people calling for "high capacity" magazine bans...

There is something off about this story btw. Anyone that has seen a 30 round AR mag knows its not that much bigger then a 10 round mag. Certainly not too big to fit in a duffel bag big enough to hold an AR. Between this story and all the unanswered shit in Vegas you can't help but feel like a lot of crucial information is being withheld.

Quote:
With gun control activists calling for the ban of “high-capacity” magazines in the aftermath of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School mass shooting, it turns out suspect Nikolas Cruz did not use “high-capacity” magazines. Instead, he opted to use 10-round magazines for his AR-15.

The Miami Herald reports Florida state Sen. Lauren Book (D) said Cruz carried 10-round magazines because larger capacity ones would not have fit in his duffel bag.
Old 03-08-18, 11:51 AM

Administrator
Lady running for congress cuts AR barrel on facebook not realizing she is turning it into an unregistered illegal SBR. She is now under investigation by the ATF. LMFAO. The Irony. Typical ignorant anti gunner that has no understanding of what they hate so much.

Chadd77 and lipripper like this.
Old 03-08-18, 11:57 AM

Founding Member
That's awesome!!
lipripper likes this.
Old 03-08-18, 02:23 PM

Founding Member
Don't know why she would be. For one that upper is now useless with the gas block being cut off. And two, you can posses a short upper as long as it isn't attached to a rifle lower receiver it isn't considered an SBR. Three, you can have a short barrel attached to a lower designated as a pistol. The upper is not a firearm.

Last edited by chuckz28; 03-08-18 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-09-18, 06:11 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
Don't know why she would be. For one that upper is now useless with the gas block being cut off. And two, you can posses a short upper as long as it isn't attached to a rifle lower receiver it isn't considered an SBR. Three, you can have a short barrel attached to a lower designated as a pistol. The upper is not a firearm.
She did it in sections. The law is simple. You can't alter a weapon by shortening it without the proper paperwork and that's exactly what she did.

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article.../291-526898428
Old 03-09-18, 07:55 AM

Founding Member
An upper receiver isn't a weapon. ATF already determined that long ago. The weapon is the part with the SN stamped into it. Only the lower. But watching that video it does look like the lower is still attached when she cut it. Could be an issue but I don't think she will face any charges since she turned it into the police after that video.
Old 03-09-18, 10:39 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz28 View Post
watching that video it does look like the lower is still attached when she cut it. Could be an issue but I don't think she will face any charges since she turned it into the police after that video.
The receiver is clearly visible in the video and is not demilled to ATF specs. she shortened the barrel. that is technically illegal without the paperwork and tax stamps regardless of what you do with it afterwards.

you can't make a bunch of meth and then immediately turn it in without consequences. she broke the law. 100%. will anything be done.. probably not.
Old 03-09-18, 12:11 PM

Administrator
Old 03-09-18, 12:47 PM

Founding Member
Stupid media
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsQWujXLa2g
lipripper likes this.
Old 03-09-18, 02:01 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
The receiver is clearly visible in the video and is not demilled to ATF specs. she shortened the barrel. that is technically illegal without the paperwork and tax stamps regardless of what you do with it afterwards.

you can't make a bunch of meth and then immediately turn it in without consequences. she broke the law. 100%. will anything be done.. probably not.
Of course not...no need to do so.
Old 03-09-18, 02:22 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
Of course not...no need to do so.
Stfu fake ass gun owner. You never fired a round pussy.
Old 03-09-18, 02:31 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Stfu fake ass gun owner. You never fired a round pussy.
Ok
Old 03-09-18, 03:49 PM

Administrator
Coward County Police

"DO NOT APPROACH 1200 BUILDING"

Quote:
Roundly vilified for not entering a Parkland high school during a mass shooting, Broward Deputy Scot Peterson insisted publicly that he believed that gunfire was happening outside on campus — not inside the building.

But internal radio dispatches released by the Broward Sheriff’s Office Thursday show Peterson immediately fixated on Building 12 and even radioed that gunfire was happening “inside.”

And, just as school shooter Nikolas Cruz was fleeing the building after killing 17 people, Peterson warned his fellow officers to stay away — even as wounded students and staff lay inside.
Detailed timeline sheds new light on Parkland police response | Miami Herald
Old 03-09-18, 04:02 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
she broke the law. 100%. will anything be done.. probably not.
Not really. What was her intent? Her intent was to destroy the gun and turn if over to police. Which she did. Her intent wasn't to shorten the gun and make an illegal weapon out of it.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 04:04 PM

Administrator
What does Broward Sheriff Scott Israel not want us to see? | Editorial - Sun Sentinel
Old 03-09-18, 04:05 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiser View Post
Not really. What was her intent? Her intent was to destroy the gun and turn if over to police. Which she did. Her intent wasn't to shorten the gun and make an illegal weapon out of it.
doesn't matter. still committed a crime in the process.
Old 03-09-18, 09:46 PM

Administrator
NRA Files Suit Challenging Florida Gun Control Law

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...un-control-law

side note: NRA has gained close to a million new members since the most recent attack on the 2nd amendment started.
Old 03-09-18, 11:02 PM

Administrator
dude absolutely destroys anti gunners with brutal truth. press the play button to the right. Colion Noir fucken knocks this shit outta the park. its only 3 minutes. a must listen.

https://www.nratv.com/series/comment...l-conversation
Chadd77 and chuckz28 like this.
Old 03-10-18, 10:27 AM

Administrator
Quote:
dude absolutely destroys anti gunners with brutal truth. press the play button to the right. Colion Noir fucken knocks this shit outta the park. its only 3 minutes. a must listen.

https://www.nratv.com/series/comment...l-conversation
Bump bump bumpity bump bump. fucken destroys anti gunner idiots with truth and knowledge.
Old 03-10-18, 05:09 PM

Founding Member
Wow....just watched that...and he's black making some great points, no seriously good video
Bouncer likes this.
Old 03-10-18, 05:10 PM

Founding Member
"Bori is skinny and knows shit about gear and diet, but he gets to be part of the conversation?"

����
Old 03-10-18, 05:45 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
"Bori is skinny and knows shit about gear and diet, but he gets to be part of the conversation?"

U have a man crush on me?. Don't be bringing my name up in this thread you son of a bitch!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Bouncer likes this.
Old 03-10-18, 09:43 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Wow....just watched that...and he's black making some great points, no seriously good video
exactly. anti gun leftest cant say "its some dumb ass white hillbilly clinging to his guns".. smart move by the NRA.
Old 03-11-18, 01:39 PM

It's the NRA that doesn't want to have a real gun conversation and in the process, is shortchanging the responsible gun owners that it is supposed to represent. The NRA is in the pockets of the gun and natural resource extraction industries. They don't give two shits about the average hunter or other sensible, responsible gun owner.

Read this article from Outside magazine for a real perspective on why gun owners aren't being served by the NRA.

https://www.outsideonline.com/228447...-anti-american

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited by Scrumhalf; 03-11-18 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-11-18, 02:00 PM

Superior Pro
The NRA is actually hurting the cause. We don't need the NRA to simply protect the 2nd Amendment.
Old 03-11-18, 02:19 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
It's the NRA that doesn't want to have a real gun conversation and in the process, is shortchanging the responsible gun owners that it is supposed to represent. The NRA is in the pockets of the gun and natural resource extraction industries. They don't give two shits about the average hunter or other sensible, responsible gun owner.

Read this article from Outside magazine for a real perspective on why gun owners aren't being served by the NRA.

https://www.outsideonline.com/228447...-anti-american

I'll read it when you've watched the video I posted above.

by the way.... you don't say they work closely with the gun industry!?!? who would have known!? do you think gun owners hate the gun industry? do you think the gun industry and the NRA has no incentive to keep the 2nd amendment safe? let me clue you into to a simple fact. if more firearms are restricted that's less business for the gun industry. thus it is in their best interest to keep firearms sales as unrestricted as possible. they do that by way of the NRA. do you think gun owners don't understand this? do you think gun owners are against this? we do not support firearms bans. if not for the power of the NRA and the firearm industry we would be limited to revolutionary war muskets by this point.
Old 03-12-18, 07:42 AM

Administrator
Trump backs away from raising the age limits. Focuses on mental health and arming teachers.

Old 03-12-18, 01:23 PM

Of course he does. He's got 30 million reasons why.

Old 03-12-18, 03:05 PM

Superior Pro
Scrum just to understand better, do you want to ban guns completely if you had your way, like 100%? Or do you just want more gun control regulations and ultimately believe in the 2nd amendment?
Old 03-12-18, 03:07 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Scrum just to understand better, do you want to ban guns completely if you had your way, like 100%? Or do you just want more gun control regulations and ultimately believe in the 2nd amendment?
Zero doubt he would ban all guns if he had his way. Zero doubt. Ultimate goal of any real liberal.
Old 03-12-18, 03:25 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Ultimate goal of any real liberal.
I think you're probably right about Scrum, but I don't believe that is the ultimate goal of any real liberal, unless we are talking about segregating liberals from democrats which then I'd agree with you.

I do think we need more segregation since we now have extremist groups. There should be four, going from extreme left to extreme right:

1. Liberals
2. Democrats
3. Republicans
4. Conservatives

The sane groups are #2 and #3. I'd put myself in #2 with some strong alignment on certain issues with #3.
Old 03-12-18, 03:32 PM

Administrator
Feinstein and Pelosi for sure.
Old 03-12-18, 03:34 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Feinstein and Pelosi for sure.
For sure 100%. They are in group #1.

I like my new groupings. It adds more clarity and doesn't allow simpletons to just say "left" vs "right" and try to demonize each other.
Old 03-12-18, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I have no interest in banning guns. I have an absolute interest in making it regulated, i.e. foolproof background checks, maybe some kind of training and licensing, etc., liability insurance perhaps. Make it like owning a car. Maybe a greater level of scrutiny for owning guns that have a rapid rate of fire and have larger magazines vs. hunting rifles?

And I absolutely want science to go into decision making. Fund the CDC to do the research and come back with recommendations on how best to reduce gun related injuries, deaths, etc. Is it more training? Stricter regulation/licensing on who gets to own guns and how to pass the tests and checks? Is it some restrictions on the guns themselves in terms of how they are designed? Certain categories of guns to not be available for civilian purchase, or only through a much higher level of scrutiny and demonstration of skill/responsibility of ownership? All of the above? Let the scientists figure it out.

Honestly, I haven't given the details too much thought, but banning? No.
Old 03-12-18, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Zero doubt he would ban all guns if he had his way. Zero doubt. Ultimate goal of any real liberal.
Just goes to show how little you know about me or any other "liberal." The word has just become a pejorative to you.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-18, 07:18 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Just goes to show how little you know about me or any other "liberal." The word has just become a pejorative to you.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Like "guns" are to you. Gotta keep them as far away from you as possible! Evil!!
Old 03-12-18, 10:34 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Like "guns" are to you. Gotta keep them as far away from you as possible! Evil!!
He did post his stance that he is not interested in banning guns. After all of his time on this board I think you owe it to him to respect his word.
Old 03-12-18, 10:53 PM

Administrator
Quote:
He did post his stance that he is not interested in banning guns. After all of his time on this board I think you owe it to him to respect his word.
Missed the point. Nothing to do with respecting his word.
Old 03-13-18, 02:08 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Bouncer doesn't respect anyone who doesn't agree with him. His ego is too fragile.
Old 03-13-18, 06:11 AM

Superior Admiral
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1GN0LW
Old 03-13-18, 06:12 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by redback View Post
Bouncer doesn't respect anyone who doesn't agree with him. His ego is too fragile.
Deflecting from topic. Stay on point please. what i said to scrum went over both you and keisers head. nothing to do with disrespect or not taking scrum at his word. my point in response to scrum is that I understand liberals about as much as he understands guns..
Old 03-13-18, 06:36 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Trump backs away from raising the age limits. Focuses on mental health and arming teachers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
read bitch.. posted 24 hours ago you right wing gun nut!
Old 03-13-18, 06:38 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
read bitch.. posted 24 hours ago you right wing gun nut!
Trojan horse
Old 03-13-18, 07:01 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
Trojan horse
he is. was talked out of it by trump Jr and the NRA. Trump himself has no interest in guns. he's made anti gun statements his whole life. his views up until a few years ago were more in line with scrum. scrum and trump were probably good pals a few years ago.
lipripper likes this.
Old 03-14-18, 01:13 PM

Superior Pro
Gun-trained teacher accidentally discharges firearm in Calif. classroom, injuring student

A teacher who is also a reserve police officer trained in firearm use accidentally discharged a gun Tuesday at Seaside High School in Monterey County, Calif., during a class devoted to public safety. A male student was reported to have sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

The weapon, which was not described, was pointed at the ceiling, according to a statement from the school, and debris fell from the ceiling.

Seaside Police Chief Abdul Pridgen told the Monterey County Weekly that a male student was “struck in the neck by ‘debris or fragmentation’ from something overhead.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.41bca09be970
Old 03-14-18, 01:34 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Gun-trained teacher accidentally discharges firearm in Calif. classroom, injuring student

A teacher who is also a reserve police officer trained in firearm use accidentally discharged a gun Tuesday at Seaside High School in Monterey County, Calif., during a class devoted to public safety. A male student was reported to have sustained non-life-threatening injuries.

The weapon, which was not described, was pointed at the ceiling, according to a statement from the school, and debris fell from the ceiling.

Seaside Police Chief Abdul Pridgen told the Monterey County Weekly that a male student was “struck in the neck by ‘debris or fragmentation’ from something overhead.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.41bca09be970
Doesn’t seem like he was trained very well. You don’t put you finger near the trigger until you are ready to destroy whatever is in front of the barrel.
Old 03-14-18, 01:50 PM

Superior Admiral
If the dipshit took a loaded gun into a classroom for use as a training aid..he has no business training anyone on weapon safety... Thats why you use DUMMY ROUNDS for training proposes. this guys a fucking idiot!

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0