SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page Hey Bouncer... better buy up bottled water

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion


Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By Chadd77

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-18, 08:26 AM
Hey Bouncer... better buy up bottled water
  #1
 
lipripper's Avatar
 
Superior Admiral
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SE GA
Age: 55
Likes: 2573
Holy shit man...WTF is with that place bro? really?? I willing to bet all the lefty nature conservative freeks are all for this

But only get bottled water at their houses.............

California’s water regulation agency approved new measures Tuesday that will allow recycled water – water that once ran through the sewers – to be added to the state’s reservoirs, The San Francisco Chronicle reported.


The new rules are expected to be implemented by 2023.

"This is a type of indirect potable use — it's not treated recycle water that goes directly to someone's house," said Miryam Barajas at the Water Board. "It's highly treated."


She says the new regulations could potentially affect all 36 of California’s reservoirs that serve as the main source of the state’s municipal drinking water.

The regulations are the result of a two-year public review process in which an expert panel decided that the regulations were necessary for public health and to supplement existing drinking water supplies with recycled water.

San Diego is at the forefront of a sewer-to-reservoir operation that the rest of the state will likely follow.



The board is working to implement “direct potable reuse” – a process by which treated recycled water is added directly into a drinking water system.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 10:55 AM
  #2
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 11515
putting california aside for a second.

rip if you have been anywhere out west the last 10 years (Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and California) you would see the drought situation. You'd be blown away bro, we get zero rain where I'm at from April to October. You will rarely even see so much as a single cloud. You go to the hoover dam for example and you can see the dry water rings where the water used to be compared to where they are now. it's crazy how much lower the water levels are. The west especially is getting dryer and hotter. Water conservation and recycling is simply something that must be done. Las Vegas has been doing this for years. California is also going to need to look into turning sea water into drinking water like they do on submarines and ships. Seawater reverse osmosis or something like that. i think the problem right now is that it uses way too much energy on a state level scale.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 12:11 PM
  #3
 
lipripper's Avatar
 
Superior Admiral
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SE GA
Age: 55
Likes: 2573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
putting california aside for a second.

rip if you have been anywhere out west the last 10 years (Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, and California) you would see the drought situation. You'd be blown away bro, we get zero rain where I'm at from April to October. You will rarely even see so much as a single cloud. You go to the hoover dam for example and you can see the dry water rings where the water used to be compared to where they are now. it's crazy how much lower the water levels are. The west especially is getting dryer and hotter. Water conservation and recycling is simply something that must be done. Las Vegas has been doing this for years. California is also going to need to look into turning sea water into drinking water like they do on submarines and ships. Seawater reverse osmosis or something like that. i think the problem right now is that it uses way too much energy on a state level scale.
I agree with that dude.. just saying..shit water...lol Now..if you weren't in a sanctuary state..all the water the illegals are drinking wouldn't be missing..problem solved
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 12:39 PM
  #4
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 11515
i think they can clean the water of shit and stuff like that.

its the pharmaceutical compounds and hormones that I worry about. people on depression meds and all that shit pissing into the water and the filters not fully catching it. fuck that.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 01:37 PM
  #5
 
lipripper's Avatar
 
Superior Admiral
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SE GA
Age: 55
Likes: 2573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
i think they can clean the water of shit and stuff like that.

its the pharmaceutical compounds and hormones that I worry about. people on depression meds and all that shit pissing into the water and the filters not fully catching it. fuck that.
oh..its perfectly safe.... then 15 years down the road everyone's getting some new strain of cancer or gutrot or some shit..
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 02:36 PM
  #6
 
AvidFisherman's Avatar
 
Superior Pro
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Fishin' in the dark
Likes: 490
They use bacteria to clean the water. The water coming out of the sewage treatment plant is safe enough to drink.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 02:54 PM
  #7
 
lipripper's Avatar
 
Superior Admiral
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SE GA
Age: 55
Likes: 2573
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidFisherman View Post
They use bacteria to clean the water. The water coming out of the sewage treatment plant is safe enough to drink.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
really? if the town you live in did that..would you just let your family drink it bro? serious question..

I can se watering lawns and stuff but not for consumption bathing etc
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 07:36 PM
  #8
 
AvidFisherman's Avatar
 
Superior Pro
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Fishin' in the dark
Likes: 490
I took a tour of the sewer plant when I was younger and that's what the engineer told me.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 08:03 PM
  #9
 
lipripper's Avatar
 
Superior Admiral
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SE GA
Age: 55
Likes: 2573
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidFisherman View Post
I took a tour of the sewer plant when I was younger and that's what the engineer told me.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Yea..but ya didn't answer the question bro...would you want your family drinking/ bathing in that..that's your tap water in your house? I damn sure wouldn't..

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-18, 09:00 PM
  #10
 
AvidFisherman's Avatar
 
Superior Pro
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Fishin' in the dark
Likes: 490
I would bathe in it but not drink it. I put my minnow trap in the stream coming out of the plant and it looks clean.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 05:53 AM
  #11
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 11515
Bacteria isn't enough to get the pharmaceuticals and hormones and shit like that. Technology is amazing but I have no doubt something is left behind in that water.

In the 1950's we thought leaded gas was fine. We also thought asbestos was great. Lol. You only learn the dangers after the fact in most cases.
lipripper and AvidFisherman like this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 06:56 AM
  #12
 
lipripper's Avatar
 
Superior Admiral
Join Date: May 2011
Location: SE GA
Age: 55
Likes: 2573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Bacteria isn't enough to get the pharmaceuticals and hormones and shit like that. Technology is amazing but I have no doubt something is left behind in that water.

In the 1950's we thought leaded gas was fine. We also thought asbestos was great. Lol. You only learn the dangers after the fact in most cases.
Just like all these fucking additives and preservatives in food.. in the 40's 50's 60's they were new...now look at the cancer rates today. In my mind it has a lot to do with it..
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 07:29 AM
  #13
 
Chadd77's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: USA
Likes: 2115
I wouldn't drink it, no way.

Where I live there's no public sewer and I needed a septic. Most common is a sand mound but I had a peat moss system put in. More expensive but it will never go bad and need replaced. The guy that installed it said he was at a demo and the guy ran sewer water through the peat filtration, it came out crystal clear, and he drank a glass of it. lol Not that I would ever need to do that but pretty amazing what it can do.
lipripper likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-18, 09:47 AM
  #14
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: WILD WEST
Likes: 11515
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
Just like all these fucking additives and preservatives in food.. in the 40's 50's 60's they were new...now look at the cancer rates today. In my mind it has a lot to do with it..
I'm convinced a lot if the preservatives have raised estrogen and lowered testosterone in men.
is Online   Reply With Quote

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0