SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Discussion Section > General Chat
Reload this Page Workshop bench

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Like Tree25Likes
  • 3 Post By lipripper
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By lipripper
  • 1 Post By Chadd77
  • 2 Post By lipripper
  • 1 Post By Chadd77
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By Chadd77
  • 1 Post By piratex
  • 1 Post By lipripper
  • 1 Post By rocco-x
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 2 Post By lipripper
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 2 Post By lipripper
  • 1 Post By Chadd77
  • 1 Post By lipripper
  • 2 Post By Chadd77
  • 1 Post By lipripper

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-18, 06:59 PM
Workshop bench

Superior Admiral
Started on a storage shed/ workshop today. 10x20 shed building a work bench/ storage shelves. Got part one done today.. 8ft long 29 1/4 deep built it 4 ft high because of my height. This way I don't have to be bent over to work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
redback, rado and AvidFisherman like this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-18, 07:13 PM

Administrator
Bob Villa in the house! Remember that fella.. lol.

Looks good rip. You gonna be working on plenty of hillbiller shit in the years to come in that shed. Can even move out there while the old lady living there.

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk
lipripper likes this.
Old 08-12-18, 07:34 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Bob Villa in the house! Remember that fella.. lol.

Looks good rip. You gonna be working on plenty of hillbiller shit in the years to come in that shed. Can even move out there while the old lady living there.

Yeah...should build the other side so it folds down and lower...then I can just prop it up n throw a air mattress on it n be set!!

Bouncer likes this.
Old 08-12-18, 07:52 PM

Administrator
even as an adult the idea of a little shed/tree house appeals to me. lol. just a little place to escape and relax. even if it's only a lazy boy and a tv. haha
Old 08-13-18, 06:16 AM

Founding Member
Looks great Lip. What did you use for your foundation?

We have a 3 car garage but we keep running out of space. I just started tossing around the idea of doing the same thing. This past weekend I started pulling up some shed plans. My only problem is time. I know I can build one cheaper than buying but right now I have zero extra time. We'll see. Looks like a fun project. If I do it I'll wait until fall for some cooler weather.
lipripper likes this.
Old 08-13-18, 06:27 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadd77 View Post

We have a 3 car garage but we keep running out of space. I just started tossing around the idea of doing the same thing. This past weekend I started pulling up some shed plans. My only problem is time. I know I can build one cheaper than buying but right now I have zero extra time. We'll see. Looks like a fun project. If I do it I'll wait until fall for some cooler weather.
I set it on blocks to keep it off the ground.and that also allows me to go under it if I ever have to in the future kinda like a crawl space.To pour a slab that size was way too much money. Gonna build onto that bench so that half is like a big U along them 3 walls.. Then smaller storage shelves above them. I built it without legs so there's more storage space under the shelves .I'll be building an 8 ft long ramp so I can get lawn tractor n my bike into it as well.

Chadd77 and redback like this.
Old 08-13-18, 06:33 AM

Founding Member
Nice! I'm looking to get my lawn tractor, motorcycle, generator, weed-wacker, snowblower, dump cart, ect... out of my garage. When I pull my truck in I swear I have like 6 inches on each side. lol

The builder that built my home put up a spec house that had a 3 car garage with a 2 car detached garage. It was really nice. 2 floors with water and electric to it. I asked him how much to build it - 35K. lol I'll pass for now but would love to have something that size.
lipripper likes this.
Old 08-13-18, 07:09 AM

Administrator
Quote:

Chadd you don't live too far from Amish country. Few hours I think. My mom lives in PA now about 25 minutes northwest of philly. anyway she got a massive shed (was like a little house no bs) delivered to her house for thousands cheaper then she ever could have at the normal pre-made builders/companies. I can find out the name or however she got in touch with them if you want. I remember her talking about how it was delivered by an oversized load truck that's how big it was and she would't stop talking about how much cheaper it was compared to all the places she looked at. If you know anything about the Amish you know they don't build garbage bro. i don't remember the exact price but I can ask her. i want to say less then 10k delivered.
Old 08-13-18, 07:14 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
I set it on blocks to keep it off the ground.and that also allows me to go under it if I ever have to in the future kinda like a crawl space.To pour a slab that size was way too much money. Gonna build onto that bench so that half is like a big U along them 3 walls.. Then smaller storage shelves above them. I built it without legs so there's more storage space under the shelves .I'll be building an 8 ft long ramp so I can get lawn tractor n my bike into it as well.

you gonna get sneak attacked by a fucken gator living under that shitshack!
lipripper likes this.
Old 08-13-18, 07:22 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Nice! I'm looking to get my lawn tractor, motorcycle, generator, weed-wacker, snowblower, dump cart, ect... out of my garage. When I pull my truck in I swear I have like 6 inches on each side. lol

The builder that built my home put up a spec house that had a 3 car garage with a 2 car detached garage. It was really nice. 2 floors with water and electric to it. I asked him how much to build it - 35K. lol I'll pass for now but would love to have something that size.
Yep...generator. Pressure washer all the yard lawn tools Christmas stuff and my hunting fishing stuff. This waywhen I come back from hunting I can go there get out of my muddy boots n gear put on some shorts then go to house. Keep them muddy ass boots off the front porch...lol

Old 08-13-18, 08:45 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Chadd you don't live too far from Amish country. Few hours I think. My mom lives in PA now about 25 minutes northwest of philly. anyway she got a massive shed (was like a little house no bs) delivered to her house for thousands cheaper then she ever could have at the normal pre-made builders/companies. I can find out the name or however she got in touch with them if you want. I remember her talking about how it was delivered by an oversized load truck that's how big it was and she would't stop talking about how much cheaper it was compared to all the places she looked at. If you know anything about the Amish you know they don't build garbage bro. i don't remember the exact price but I can ask her. i want to say less then 10k delivered.
Yep, I'm basically Amish myself! The builder I used for my home uses all Amish for framing the house. They are some of the best skilled workers.

I emailed a couple places to get pricing. For 10K you can get a huge shed prob more like a garage. I'm trying to debate if the money saved if I build it myself is worth my time. The wife says just buy it! lol
lipripper likes this.
Old 08-13-18, 12:06 PM

Superior Amateur
Nice work Lipripper.

Looks like a perfect setup.
lipripper likes this.
Old 08-13-18, 01:11 PM

Superior Admiral
I'll update this in the upcoming weeks as I get more done

Old 08-15-18, 05:47 PM

Superior Admiral
Started on some interior shelves tonight. Took 8 ft boards n cut down to 4 ft sanded n stained first coat. Making shelves for wife's custom Indian pottery to display...

Chadd77 likes this.
Old 08-18-18, 03:31 PM

Superior Admiral
Finished up the shelves today ..

Old 08-18-18, 04:04 PM

Superior Newbie
Nice...!
I've been thinking of putting one up behind the house, we live on an acre of reclaimed farmland close to Amish country, my girl's family is actually Mennonite. Her father's brother married into the sect 40yrs ago. One phone call and in an hour I can probably have 15 Mennonites build a 2fl shed with heat lol...but I gotta look into building codes and permits first.
lipripper likes this.
Old 08-18-18, 06:07 PM

Superior Admiral
Guess I should clarify those pottery shelves are up inside our house in the hallway

Old 08-18-18, 06:31 PM

Administrator
Good shit rip, looks great.

lipripper likes this.
Old 08-26-18, 10:58 AM

Superior Admiral
Finished up work bench in shed today....pretty happy with it..it's definitely solid as hell... Now I gotta find a bar stool...lol

Bouncer and Chadd77 like this.
Old 08-26-18, 03:24 PM

Administrator
Nice retirement home for the old lady.

lipripper likes this.
Old 09-04-18, 07:19 PM

Superior Admiral
Got the ramp built after work tonight...took about 3.5 hours....I miscalculated on the deck. Ran out of boards...one fucking short...lol. I'll pick one up tommorow n screw it down...5 min task... Now I can clean it all up n start moving shit into it...

Bouncer and Chadd77 like this.
Old 09-04-18, 11:06 PM

Administrator
Looks good bro.

Old 09-05-18, 03:42 AM

Superior Admiral
Thank you sir
Quote:
Looks good bro.

Old 09-05-18, 06:40 AM

Founding Member
Looks great Lip!
lipripper likes this.
Old 09-06-18, 10:21 AM

Administrator
the wood planks on the right of the ramp are uneven. i don't care for that. fix it.
Old 09-06-18, 11:50 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
the wood planks on the right of the ramp are uneven. i don't care for that. fix it.
Your Correct! Those planks were 12 ft long. I had the guy at Home Dept cut them down to 6 ft before leaving the store. Well the idiot fucked them up..big old table saw designed just for that...and he fucks them up! So what I did was adjust by the factory side cut and putting them all on the lsfet of the ramp, I had to ensure I had enough to cover the ramp and it be stable, which thankfully I did. It has been trimmed down and is now even. I used a chalk line and ran it down the right side edge and then used the skill saw to trim it. hard to believe they fucked up a straight cut on a big table saw..but they did, I should of done it myself with my skill saw..would of been even at least...
Bouncer likes this.
Old 09-06-18, 12:09 PM

Administrator
Old 09-06-18, 12:25 PM

Founding Member
Lip, Bouncer would have cut those boards with his bare hands!

Bouncer and lipripper like this.
Old 09-06-18, 02:16 PM

Superior Admiral
Idk. About that chadd...last pic he posted years ago it looked like he had beaver teeth...fucker would of knawed thru it I'm betting....lol
Quote:
Lip, Bouncer would have cut those boards with his bare hands!

Chadd77 likes this.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0