SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > General Chat
Reload this Page Thinking of finally upgrading my phone

General Chat Off-Topic Discussion

Scrumhalf
Old 03-01-19, 08:35 PM
Thinking of finally upgrading my phone

My Nexus 5X has given me many years or service, but Google stopped pushing security patches and Android upgrades to the 5X starting this year, so I think it is time for an upgrade.

The most straightforward and logical upgrade for me is to the Pixel line. Thought about the Pixel XL but I don't like the giant notch.

I haven't had an iPhone since the 3GS decades ago, so I was really thinking about the XR, but I'm not so sure. .

I'm really liking the OnePlus 6T. Great specs for about $200 less than Pixel XL or the iPhone XR.

Not a Samsung guy... their software is terrible for me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
is Online   Reply With Quote
Bouncer
Old 03-01-19, 08:38 PM

Administrator
Moto G7 comes out in like a week I think. I have the G6. Love it. All the benefits without the price tag. Great phone.

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk
Scrumhalf
Old 03-01-19, 08:41 PM

Just got a Nokia 6.1 for my son. Very similar to the Moto G6 and had great reviews - I could have gone either way but the Nokia was on sale.

I need NFC. Can't live without it. That's the one thing that the budget phones don't have unfortunately, otherwise I would have picked up a G6 myself.

rado
Old 03-01-19, 09:08 PM

Founding Member
Sorry I can't help, I'm too much of a snob that I need a foldable phone.
Bouncer
Old 03-02-19, 08:39 AM

Administrator
Originally Posted by rado View Post
Sorry I can't help, I'm too much of a snob that I need a foldable phone.
Very informative asswipe, I'm sure he appreciates the help.

rado
Old 03-02-19, 08:40 AM

Founding Member
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Very informative asswipe, I'm sure he appreciates the help.

Facetious is STRONG with me....

Brah I was kidding....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Turbo3000
Old 03-03-19, 06:05 AM

Founding Member
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Scrumhalf
Old 03-03-19, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Turbo3000 View Post
OnePlus or spend more for the pixel.
Yeah, I'm actually converging on the OnePlus 6T. Also thinking seriously about the Xiaomi Mi Mix3. The notch less 6.4in display with the innovative slider design is brilliant.

Bouncer
Old 03-03-19, 08:50 AM

Administrator
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Just got a Nokia 6.1 for my son. Very similar to the Moto G6 and had great reviews - I could have gone either way but the Nokia was on sale.

I need NFC. Can't live without it. That's the one thing that the budget phones don't have unfortunately, otherwise I would have picked up a G6 myself.

Strange thing is the G6 and G7 that comes out in a few days do have NFC on the international version of the models. It's only the American version with no NFC. So if you can get the international version somehow you would be good to go.

I pre-ordered the G7 because of this thread. Google Fi is taking $50 off for pre-orders and they are doing a 2 year zero interest payoff. So at $250 over 2 years with no interest it's like $10 bucks a month. I mean seriously, show me a better deal in today's smart phone world. it doesn't have the latest chip on the market but at $250 bucks I wouldn't expect it to. and lets be honest, chips are so fast now that the difference is fractions of a second. in terms of real world use you will almost never notice any difference. the only real difference is so that people can tell themselves "i have the latest chip set". when it comes to phones i just do not understand that mindset.

Scrumhalf
Old 03-03-19, 08:54 AM

Yeah, I noticed that with the G6. Not sure why they keep putting NFC on the international version but not the US one. Probably had something to do with patent royalties. Unfortunately, I think the international version does not have all the LTE bands needed here.

Bouncer
Old 03-03-19, 09:21 AM

Administrator
how much is the oneplus your looking at scrum?

you're not on Fi anymore if i remember right?
Scrumhalf
Old 03-03-19, 09:34 AM

Yeah, I'm not on Fi because I need 4 lines and at least when we were looking a few years ago, Fi did not have family plans. The AT&T family plan I have ends up being cheaper than 4 individual Fi lines.

The OnePlus 6T is about $570 right now on Amazon. The Xiaomi Mi Mix3 is about $510. Both have NFC and all the LTE bands needed here and worldwide.

buenavidez
Old 03-04-19, 01:10 AM

Superior Newbie
I am currently using Huawei Mate 20 Pro, it's the camera specs that makes it stand out among the other devices that I used from the past.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Bouncer
Old 03-12-19, 06:37 PM

Administrator
Got the G7 in today. It's fucken huge. Android pie is cool. Very refined. No massive changes from Android Oreo.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Bouncer
Old 04-18-19, 07:28 AM

Administrator

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/17/tech/...eak/index.html
rado
Old 04-18-19, 07:32 AM

Founding Member
I saw that lol

People need to stop taking the fucking cover off duh

Bouncer
Old 04-19-19, 11:22 AM

Administrator
This Was Supposed to Be a Samsung Galaxy Fold Video Review

Not even close to ready for prime time. Complete flop. Samsung does it again. These were all professional reviewers having problems. Can you imagine what the dumb ass general public would do with this phone? Samsung needs a complete redo on this POS.

https://www.marketwatch.com/video/th...31AE6EF32.html
Scrumhalf
Old 04-19-19, 06:20 PM

I know a little bit about Samsung management culture. I bet lots of people, like an entire engineering department, got the sack for this.

TrapsBrah
Old 04-19-19, 07:06 PM

Superior Pro
LG V35 thinq or LG V40 anything with an OLED screen rocks.
Bouncer
Old 04-19-19, 07:45 PM

Administrator
I know a little bit about Samsung management culture. I bet lots of people, like an entire engineering department, got the sack for this.

i can think of like 3 major fuck ups like this from Samsung in the last 5 years. they must do a lot of sacking lol.
Bouncer
Old 04-20-19, 12:03 AM

Administrator
holy shit. pretty much every reviewer that got these phones they fucken broke in like 2 days. samsung still says they are releasing it. lmfao. wow.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/19/1...formance-price
chuckz28
Old Today, 08:13 AM

Founding Member
OnePlus is good scrum. I had a 3t for a while and loved it. I got my brother into them so got the 5t and now the 6 and his wife has the 6t.

Only things that kept me from going back was the lack of carrier support and the step back in crispness from 1440p to 1080p screen bothered me on a daily basis.

I've heard the new OnePlus 7 and 7 pro are being announced the 12th of May. The pro is supposed to have a 1440p 90hz display.
rado
Old Today, 08:57 AM

Founding Member

Almost sounds identical to your previous comment on when the phones were catching on fire.

Yet look at Samsung, still strong as always. So they're having issues with the phone and people still buy it?!?!?

Imagine that lol.

I enjoy reading the hater comments

rado
Old Today, 08:58 AM

Founding Member
holy shit. pretty much every reviewer that got these phones they fucken broke in like 2 days. samsung still says they are releasing it. lmfao. wow.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/19/1...formance-price
Why you hate Sammy so much brah?

All good in your life these days?

Bouncer
Old Today, 09:07 AM

Administrator
lol @ defending a company like you have some sort of emotional connection with them. if a company of putting out amazing products that work then props they will get.

but all I've seen from samsung for a long time is overpriced shit that is never actually better then someone else is doing for cheaper.

you were actually going to buy samsung soundbar to "match your tv". lol wtf. samsung has zero backround in speakers. they aren't known for speakers. they don't rate anywhere near the top for speakers.

sonos and bose run the soundbar market. they are known for soundbars, the reviews back them up.
rado
Old Today, 09:14 AM

Founding Member
lol @ defending a company like you have some sort of emotional connection with them. if a company of putting out amazing products that work then props they will get.

but all I've seen from samsung for a long time is overpriced shit that is never actually better then someone else is doing for cheaper.

you were actually going to buy samsung soundbar to "match your tv". lol wtf. samsung has zero backround in speakers. they aren't known for speakers. they don't rate anywhere near the top for speakers.

sonos and bose run the soundbar market. they are known for soundbars, the reviews back them up.
Their soundbar is perfect for what I need and yes, it matches all of our products.

TVs washer and dryer etc....I do want our appliances to match, wow what bright fucking idea dur hur.

Not sure why being so argumentative and defensive with me. Relax kid. Samsung for life motherfucker

Bouncer
Old Today, 09:17 AM

Administrator
but don't you like good premium products? why you filling your house with mid range stuff? samsung is a company for the masses not the classes.

how was a sumsung soundbar perfect for what you need any more then a sonos would be? you need good powerful sound correct? well a sonos will wipe the floor with fucken samsung.
rado
Old Today, 09:31 AM

Founding Member
but don't you like good premium products? why you filling your house with mid range stuff? samsung is a company for the masses not the classes.

how was a sumsung soundbar perfect for what you need any more then a sonos would be? you need good powerful sound correct? well a sonos will wipe the floor with fucken samsung.
Just bought myself the new Samsung car. It comes out in 2020.

Looking forward to riding this car...vroom vroom

Bouncer
Old Today, 09:35 AM

Administrator
yea see that's the thing bro. jokes aside. you could have better products and save some money at the same time but you put your head in the sand and say "la la la la im not listening samsung is best la la la la". if that's why you want to do then more power to you brother but i'm just telling you. when it comes to screens like tv's and phones, samsung is very good. so i'm not shitting on your tv or phone. but they aren't anywhere close to the top in things like speakers etc.. that's where you stop making any kind of sense to me.