SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Health
Reload this Page fodmap diet

Health General Health Discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By helix139

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-17, 11:04 AM
fodmap diet

Superior Newbie
I have posted here in the past about anxiety which I thought was due to my prescribed trt. I also suffer from ibs-c. I'm sure there is someone else here who suffers from abdominal pains from time to time. I have suffered for a decade and have gone through every treatment / cause I could think of as well as all the ibs meds that are available, but with no results.
I have stumbled upon a diet specific to ibs sufferers that is called the fodmap. Basically it removes all the food / sugar / gluten in our food products to where you are symptom free. Then you add food back to see what triggers your pain. For me I've discovered after being on the diet for 2 weeks that onions, and garlic as well as milk triggers my pain. Before I put myself on this diet I suffered weekly with debilitating stomach pains. Now after two weeks I'm pain free and feel better.
Before this diet I made fun of all the "pussies" that were food in tolerate, but now I'm eating my words!
I urge all who have frequent stomach pains to try this FODMAP diet.
...best to all
lipripper likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-17, 12:26 PM

Administrator
glad you found the triggers. if milk is a trigger for you I assume all diary is a trigger? could it just be lactose intolerance?
is Online   Reply With Quote

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0