SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Health
Reload this Page Dehydration effects your heart.

Health General Health Discussion

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By piratex
  • 2 Post By boricuarage79
  • 1 Post By boricuarage79
  • 1 Post By rado
  • 1 Post By rado

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-17, 03:55 PM
Dehydration effects your heart.

Superior Amateur
Ok now I'm not going to start posting every little thing that goes wrong with me here. I just thought this would be important/helpful. This past Saturday after working out I noticed my heart kept beating fast. I actually thought it was high blood pressure but its wasn't. Every time I would sit down and pay attention to my heartbeat it would give me these little anxiety attacks which I've never had in the past. So Sat night I couldn't sleep well at all but when I woke up sun morning it seemed to have been gone. Until I started getting ready for church then I noticed my racing heart beat again. Once we get in church I look at my wife & said is it hot in here to you? She say no not at all but I'm sweating like a mtfr. Later that day I went to the local ER. They gave me an EKG and chest xray & they also checked my blood & urine for drugs but the doctor came back and said my body was dehydrated which effected my heart making it race like it did. I never even knew this was possible. They gave me h20 threw n IV & some other drug to relax me but my heart was at 130 when I arrived but when I left it was at 97 which made a huge difference in how I felt. Just recently we were talking about how important it is to drink plenty of h20. Guess I'm learning the hard way. But learning. lol
Bouncer, jack tors and rado like this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-17, 04:00 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratex View Post
Ok now I'm not going to start posting every little thing that goes wrong with me here. I just thought this would be important/helpful. This past Saturday after working out I noticed my heart kept beating fast. I actually thought it was high blood pressure but its wasn't. Every time I would sit down and pay attention to my heartbeat it would give me these little anxiety attacks which I've never had in the past. So Sat night I couldn't sleep well at all but when I woke up sun morning it seemed to have been gone. Until I started getting ready for church then I noticed my racing heart beat again. Once we get in church I look at my wife & said is it hot in here to you? She say no not at all but I'm sweating like a mtfr. Later that day I went to the local ER. They gave me an EKG and chest xray & they also checked my blood & urine for drugs but the doctor came back and said my body was dehydrated which effected my heart making it race like it did. I never even knew this was possible. They gave me h20 threw n IV & some other drug to relax me but my heart was at 130 when I arrived but when I left it was at 97 which made a huge difference in how I felt. Just recently we were talking about how important it is to drink plenty of h20. Guess I'm learning the hard way. But learning. lol
Number one priority is always water!!...This is just common sense w/gear or not!!....@ your weigh you need about 2 gallons on the real... shit is serious and especially at this time a year..."oh I'm not thirsty"..fuck it drink water....
Now what I do is.. I drink at least a litre of water with my bcaas for my lifts...when it's time to do cardio I drink half of my poweraid..to replenish... no time to mess around

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bouncer and piratex like this.
Old 06-19-17, 04:01 PM

Superior Freak
Also when you check your heart rate often you will get bouts of anxiety... It's a psychological thing

Old 06-19-17, 04:04 PM

Superior Freak
I just quoted this

Dehydration causes strain on your heart. The amount of blood circulating through your body, or blood volume, decreases when you are dehydrated. To compensate, your heart beats faster, increasing your heart rate and causing you to feel palpitations. Also your blood retains more sodium, making it tougher for it to circulate through your body.

Bouncer likes this.
Old 06-19-17, 04:16 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Yea bro I'm sure you've heard my story about passing out and needing like 7iv bags over the course of 10 hours or so. I was dehydrated as fuck while drinking over a gallon a day. I think when you workout your body needs a fuck load more water than average fella.
Old 06-19-17, 04:56 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by boricuarage79 View Post
I just quoted this

Dehydration causes strain on your heart. The amount of blood circulating through your body, or blood volume, decreases when you are dehydrated. To compensate, your heart beats faster, increasing your heart rate and causing you to feel palpitations. Also your blood retains more sodium, making it tougher for it to circulate through your body.

exactly right and gear makes it even worse by pulling water into muscles and also increasing RBC aka "thick blood".

basically what happened to me. not enough blood to my brain and boom lights out. woke up in ambulance like wtf.
Old 06-19-17, 07:13 PM

Founding Member
Stay hydrated brother

I'm at 2gs all day and last labs I had, still shows slight dehydration
Old 06-20-17, 08:37 AM

Superior Freak
good reminder.... i slack some days if im being honest with myself.
Old 06-21-17, 11:22 AM

Superior Amateur
Wow great info. Bouncer I haven't heard about your deal with passing out. I thought I was drinking enough but dam. I've really stepped it up now. Like boricuarage79 said I'm forcing myself to drink more. Thanks
Old 06-21-17, 01:05 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
Wow great info. Bouncer I haven't heard about your deal with passing out. I thought I was drinking enough but dam. I've really stepped it up now. Like boricuarage79 said I'm forcing myself to drink more. Thanks
Yea people think if there piss is clear they are good to go and well hydrated...
Just like they told us basic training "drink water"!!

Piratex how the hell are You?.
Miss u smoochies

Old 06-21-17, 01:44 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Yea people think if there piss is clear they are good to go and well hydrated...
Very true

I'm dehydrated and drink 2gs a day
Old 06-21-17, 01:54 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
Very true

I'm dehydrated and drink 2gs a day
Yup..felt that way after my workout and I drank plenty

Old 06-22-17, 09:00 AM

Superior Admiral
Yep I do at least a gallon a day, what sucks is I feel bloated from all the water especially in the morning but it is what it is.
Old 06-22-17, 09:01 AM

Superior Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipripper View Post
Yep I do at least a gallon a day, what sucks is I feel bloated from all the water especially in the morning but it is what it is.
How do you feel bloated?... You don't piss at night... you are 7 foot tall..you should be drinking 2 gallons minimum

Old 06-22-17, 09:20 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
How do you feel bloated?... You don't piss at night... you are 7 foot tall..you should be drinking 2 gallons minimum

I just do bro..mostly in the am..just feel too full and bloated from the water.
Old 06-22-17, 09:21 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
You Shouldn't be feeling bloated at all bro. I feel The opposite
Old 06-22-17, 09:33 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
You Shouldn't be feeling bloated at all bro. I feel The opposite
I've always felt bloated from drinking water. If I'm thirsty it don't happen, but most days I force water intake and that's when I feel it. In the AM..I'm not thirsty at all normally, but I still drink it to keep the intake up. just how I've always been.
Old 06-22-17, 10:03 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
I've always felt bloated from drinking water. If I'm thirsty it don't happen, but most days I force water intake and that's when I feel it. In the AM..I'm not thirsty at all normally, but I still drink it to keep the intake up. just how I've always been.
If you're thirsty, that means you're dehydrated...fact

If I don't drink as much water as I do, I hold it more. Sounds crazy but true.

When your body needs water and you deprive it, the water you give it, it'll hold onto it until more comes in.

Water is the best diuretic. The more you drink, the more you expel
Old 06-22-17, 12:09 PM

Administrator
"if you feel thirsty you're dehydrated". this is wrong. it's just a standard guideline saying used for athletes it's not real science. if you wakeup in the morning and your mouth is dry and you want a sip of water it doesn't mean you are dehydrated.

hydration is very important i'm with you but you are exaggerating a bit. also have to remember people are different and have different needs.

ripper if you are walking around feeling bloated with a stomach full of water your body is clearly telling you something. don't force it in the morning. people are different. some people wake up starving and need a big breakfast. i have never in my life had any appetite at all in the morning. not until around noon and then suddenly i'm fucking starving all day long.

keep drinking your water and stay hydrated but listen to your body as well. you're probably drinking too much in the morning.
Old 06-22-17, 12:19 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
"if you feel thirsty you're dehydrated". this is wrong. it's just a standard guideline saying used for athletes it's not real science. if you wakeup in the morning and your mouth is dry and you want a sip of water it doesn't mean you are dehydrated.

hydration is very important i'm with you but you are exaggerating a bit. also have to remember people are different and have different needs.

ripper if you are walking around feeling bloated with a stomach full of water your body is clearly telling you something. don't force it in the morning. people are different. some people wake up starving and need a big breakfast. i have never in my life had any appetite at all in the morning. not until around noon and then suddenly i'm fucking starving all day long.

keep drinking your water and stay hydrated but listen to your body as well. you're probably drinking too much in the morning.
Quote:
“If you feel thirsty, you’re already dehydrated,” explained Dr. Laura Goldberg of Cleveland Clinic Sports Health.
Listening to you about being hydrated is like a broke person telling me how to save money

But yeah bro, you've got all the answers lol
Old 06-22-17, 12:20 PM

Founding Member
But listen to bouncer, not the Cleveland clinic docs who are world renown physicians in cardiology
Old 06-22-17, 12:24 PM

Administrator
It's a general guideline. Not actual facts. If a 400lb woman who sits on her ass all day eating and drinking junk "feels thirsty" do you think she's actually dehydrated". Come on bro.

I'm with you, hydration is super important. But you shouldn't be walking around feeling like a human water jug with water "bloating" your stomach. His body is clearly not doing something right with all that water.
Old 06-22-17, 12:27 PM

Founding Member
Quote:

food? Who heck cares of your food...this is water intake ffs and your idiotic analogies

So when i get up in the morning and feeling the need for water, what does that mean aquaman? I'm thirsty? But not dehydrated?

Keep your thinking that way and soon enough you'll be passing the fuck out picking up dandelions
Old 06-22-17, 12:29 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
It's a general guideline. Not actual facts. If a 400lb woman who sits on her ass all day eating and drinking junk "feels thirsty" do you think she's actually dehydrated". Come on bro.

I'm with you, hydration is super important. But you shouldn't be walking around feeling like a human water jug with water "bloating" your stomach. His body is clearly not doing something right with all that water.
Yes..sugar dehydrates you

You keep your thinking that way...i repeat myself, last person I'd take advice on hydration is from you, especially after this bs you just typed.

I'm done...you keep doing you there sailor
Old 06-22-17, 12:33 PM

Superior Freak
Two cups in the mornin as soon as you wake up is all you need... remember we letting fluids out during the night as we breath...

Rip maybe you are bloated because you drink water and eat foods at the same time...

When I eat I don't drink till about 10-15 mins later... don't feel bloated at all when I started practicing this

Old 06-22-17, 12:35 PM

Administrator
you have a hard time understanding basic concepts rado. I'm not saying what the doctor you quoted said was wrong. I'm saying it's used as a general guideline. you took what she said as 100% literal. This is not correct. You can feel thirsty without being dehydrated. Again, if you wake up in the middle of the night with the desire to have a sip of water it doesn't mean you are dehydrated.
Old 06-22-17, 12:37 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
you have a hard time understanding basic concepts rado. I'm not saying what the doctor you quoted said was wrong. I'm saying it's used as a general guideline. you took what she said as 100% literal. This is not correct. You can feel thirsty without being dehydrated. Again, if you wake up in the middle of the night with the desire to have a sip of water it doesn't mean you are dehydrated.
Ok neat....
Old 06-22-17, 12:41 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Two cups in the mornin as soon as you wake up is all you need... remember we letting fluids out during the night as we breath...

Rip maybe you are bloated because you drink water and eat foods at the same time...

When I eat I don't drink till about 10-15 mins later... don't feel bloated at all when I started practicing this

Just about every pic you've posted with food, You Have your drinks next to the food. So which is it?

I definitely don't drink as I'm eating. I do immediately drink after I'm done with my food.
Old 06-22-17, 12:44 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Two cups in the mornin as soon as you wake up is all you need...
you guys are speaking in generalities that may not apply to everyone.

your 180lbs right? are you saying someone that weighs 300lbs also only needs 2 cups of water? that can't be right. if you need 2 cups they may need 4 cups. this is not some exact numbers thing. just make sure your drinking as much water as you can daily. BUT if you get to the point where your stomach is "bloating" your probably drinking too much.
Old 06-22-17, 12:46 PM

Administrator
i personally drink with and without food. I need to drink with food because all my meals have sriacha in them and it burns my fucken mouth. lol
Old 06-22-17, 12:47 PM

Founding Member
I've always had my liquids after I eat, this is just something I've done for a long time.

Quote:
Renowned nutritionist Dr. Anju Sood says, “It roughly takes two hours to digest what you eat. The food goes through your esophagus to the stomach, then to your colon before being flushed out of your system. There is a certain fluid-solid proportion in our gastric system. If you consume water before the meals, you are not only disturbing the fluid component by diluting what you eat, you are also fastening the digestion process as the food now enters the large intestine much sooner than it should. Hence it is not advisable to have water just before your meal.”

She also strongly dismisses the idea of having water alongside meals, as it not only fastens digestion but also tampers the natural absorption of nutrients after digestion. “Some people who drink water alongside meals have also shown a tendency to have an expanded colon,” she said.
Old 06-22-17, 12:48 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
Just about every pic you've posted with food, You Have your drinks next to the food. So which is it?

I definitely don't drink as I'm eating. I do immediately drink after I'm done with my food.
Ehhh alot of the food pics are with my girlfriend so yes u will see drinks or bottle of water..., but I do not drink till about 10 minutes maybe for an hour... I'm not contradicting there guy....
You and your stupid bold letters

Bouncer likes this.
Old 06-22-17, 12:49 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
you guys are speaking in generalities that may not apply to everyone.

your 180lbs right? are you saying someone that weighs 300lbs also only needs 2 cups of water? that can't be right. if you need 2 cups they may need 4 cups. this is not some exact numbers thing. just make sure your drinking as much water as you can daily. BUT if you get to the point where your stomach is "bloating" your probably drinking too much.
I'm saying as soon as you wake up in the morning... not thought out the day.. he'll sometimes I don't drink water at all as soon as I wake up... just have my pre workout and go about my day..
My 2 cents

Old 06-22-17, 12:51 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Ehhh alot of the food pics are with my girlfriend so yes u will see drinks or bottle of water..., but I do not drink till about 10 minutes maybe for an hour... I'm not contradicting there guy....

"neat, i'm done with this conversation"

-gaydo 2017
Old 06-22-17, 12:52 PM

Founding Member
Quote:

10mms now it's an hour? Lol

Ok Bori...i just was curious and I did the bold because that is what I was asking about.
Old 06-22-17, 12:52 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
"neat, i'm done with this conversation"

-gaydo 2017
With you that is

And your bro science
Old 06-22-17, 12:54 PM

Administrator
Quote:
With you that is

And your bro science
bro science is the guy that can't use his brain and realize that when you wake up in the middle of the night and have the desire to have a sip of water that doesn't mean you are dehydrated..
Old 06-22-17, 12:55 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:

Ok Bori...i just was curious and I did the bold because that is what I was asking about.
Yea Guy... I said he can wait 10 or 15 minutes... Don't analyse it to much... I ate bout 20 mins ago and still have not drank anything.....been drink in all day.. that's just me tho...

The fact is.. he shouldn't be bloated by drinking water, especially in the mornings.. unless he jugged like a gallon at once

Old 06-22-17, 12:56 PM

Administrator
Quote:
he's saying 10 minutes to and hour after his meal you mindless twit.
Old 06-22-17, 12:56 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Yea Guy... I said he can wait 10 or 15 minutes... Don't analyse it to much... I ate bout 20 mins ago and still have not drank anything.....been drink in all day.. that's just me tho...

The fact is.. he shouldn't be bloated by drinking water, especially in the mornings.. unless he jugged like a gallon at once

I also think that many who try and consume more water than usual, leads into this bloat feel.

But I hear ya, "guy"
boricuarage79 likes this.
Old 06-22-17, 12:58 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
he's saying 10 minutes to and hour after his meal you mindless twit.
Neato
Old 06-22-17, 12:58 PM

Administrator
Quote:

exactly. that's my point. his body is telling him something. he's drinking too much if his stomach feels like a full water jug.
Old 06-22-17, 12:59 PM

Superior Freak
Always the same guys arguing!! I GOT Y'all backs in a bar fight 4sho

rado likes this.
Old 06-22-17, 01:04 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Always the same guys arguing!! I GOT Y'all backs in a bar fight 4sho

I got mine nigg

Just watch that white big nose sissy fucker....
boricuarage79 likes this.
Old 06-22-17, 01:14 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
I got mine nigg

Just watch that white big nose sissy fucker....
Even tho I hate all y'all neggas

Old 06-22-17, 01:16 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Even tho I hate all y'all neggas

Oye que lindo es tu cucu...cucu...que lindo ed tu cucu...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 06-22-17, 01:19 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
Oye que lindo es tu cucu...cucu...que lindo ed tu cucu...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rado likes this.
Old 06-22-17, 01:21 PM

Founding Member
Quote:

Dude Thats

Cookie cutter