SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Health
Reload this Page Kratom linked to death in Florida

Health General Health Discussion

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rado
  • 2 Post By M00chie69

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-17, 12:15 AM
Kratom linked to death in Florida

Administrator
Herbal supplement Kratom linked to death in Florida - News 5 Cleveland
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-17, 01:11 AM

Superior Pro
The truth will come out the autopsy indicates otherwise.
https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comm..._tampa_was_on/
Old 10-02-17, 10:46 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapsBrah View Post
The truth will come out the autopsy indicates otherwise.
https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comm..._tampa_was_on/
On this issue I agree with you. I'm not into your flat earth and other conspiracy bullshit but you are probably spot on with this one. No doubt they will use this to try and ban kratom.
Old 10-02-17, 12:41 PM

Founding Member
Officer's death intensifies scrutiny of herbal supplement - ABC News
Old 10-04-17, 05:55 PM

Founding Member
Uh huh

Quote:
27-YEAR-OLD LIFTER DIES FROM KRATOM OVERDOSE: REPORT

Police officer Matt Dana, a dedicated bodybuilding enthusiast, passed away after using the herbal supplement, according to The Associated Press.

An autopsy revealed that the herbal supplement, also known as mitragyna speciosa, was “the only substance in Dana's system” at the time of his death,
Old 10-06-17, 06:32 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
Uh huh
By that logic if someone has weed in their system they must of died from a weed overdose. Ita physically impossible to overdose on weed or kratom.
Old 10-06-17, 06:43 AM

Superior Pro
One of my fav studies was on mice giving them 1500mg per kg of kratom and they couldn't achieve an ld50 making it far safer than say caffeine which is fairly easy to overdose on (several scoops of any preworkout with 450mg ought to send me to the er I could take 100, 200 capaules of kratom and the worst that would happen is a hangover and vomiting).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20171006-053905.jpg (347.6 KB, 5 views)
Old 10-06-17, 06:46 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
One of my fav studies was on mice giving them 1500mg per kg of kratom and they couldn't achieve an ld50 making it far safer than say caffeine which is fairly easy to overdose on (several scoops of any preworkout with 450mg ought to send me to the er I could take 100, 200 capaules of kratom and the worst that would happen is a hangover and vomiting).
Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps he had a bad deadly reaction.

Your persistence of ALWAYS trying to conspiracy shit is dumbfounded bro
Old 10-06-17, 06:52 AM

Superior Pro
We know of no documented deaths directly attributable to kratom, but some products sold as kratom have resulted in death. One death documented in a 2011 paper described a kratom product that also had O-desmethyltramadol (a synthetic pharmaceutical) added to it.1

According to Pascal Tanguay, from the Thailand offices of PSI, a Washington DC-based global health organization that promotes harm reduction among drug users, "There's never been a single death associated with kratom. People have been chewing this for thousands of years with no cases of overdose, psychosis, murder, violent crime. Never in all of recorded history."2
Old 10-06-17, 06:53 AM

Superior Pro
Sounds like the small town coroner is getting paid off from showing the real cause of death.
Old 10-06-17, 06:54 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Has it ever occurred to you that perhaps he had a bad deadly reaction.

Your persistence of ALWAYS trying to conspiracy shit is dumbfounded bro
Would you expect someone to die from a bad reaction to weed?
Old 10-06-17, 12:01 PM

Administrator
agree with traps here. this is media sensationalism possibly backed by people that want it banned. drug companies and policy makers don't always play by the rules.
Old 10-06-17, 12:05 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Would you expect someone to die from a bad reaction to weed?
It certainly could.

I know the media makes notbing into something, it's ratings, it's how they get paid.

But you can't always dismiss facts
Old 10-06-17, 12:11 PM

Administrator
Quote:
It certainly could.

I know the media makes notbing into something, it's ratings, it's how they get paid.

But you can't always dismiss facts
i hear ya but traps is right. if the media reports someone has died from weed what would you say? kratom isn't new. it's been used around the world for thousands of years. you don't die directly from kratom just like you don't die from weed.

with that said, it's possible to have some kind of bad reaction if it's mixed with something else but that's not the same as "died from kratom" or "died from weed".
Old 10-06-17, 12:13 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
i hear ya but traps is right. if the media reports someone has died from weed what would you say? kratom isn't new. it's been used around the world for thousands of years. you don't die directly from kratom just like you don't die from weed.

with that said, it's possible to have some kind of bad reaction if it's mixed with something else but that's not the same as "died from kratom" or "died from weed".
I get it. If it were weed, I'd still be the same as I am with KRATOM.

Yea I do agree that they seem to point the finger too much at it.
Old 10-06-17, 02:31 PM

Superior Pro
Here's an email I just got from the beloved American Kratom Association

Kratom Warriors:

When the DEA announced their withdrawal of their Notice to schedule kratom on October 13, 2016, they invited public comment on whether kratom should be scheduled or not, with a deadline for submission of comments by December 1, 2016.

Among the 23,000+ comments that were submitted to the DEA, there were approximately 1,175 commenters who self-identified themselves as doctors, scientists, veterans, lawyers, or law enforcement officers.

If you are one of those doctors or scientists or lawyers willing to help pro-bono, I hope you will take the time to read this email.

The FDA and the DEA have not stopped their war on kratom, they have just shifted the battlefield. As of today, we have seen two suspiciously similar reports on deaths that a Coroner in New York and a Medical Examiner in Florida claimed to be the result of kratom overdose.

A news reporter disclosed to the AKA that the Florida Medical Examiner admitted that he had talked with the Coroner in New York to discuss the use of kratom by the police officer who died in that town.

There was no discussion about the use of injectable anabolic steroids by the decedent in New York, and the possible association with hemorrhagic pulmonary edema from the use of such steroids.

Neither did the Florida Medical Examiner discuss the two prescription drugs that were found in the blood toxicology report of the decedent in Florida, one an antidepressant, in the other a muscle relaxer, both of which have warnings on their FDA required labels that they should not be used in combination because to do so could cause death.

No, it appears that these two so-called medical professionals jointly concluded that the blame lies with the consumption of kratom by these two individuals who died, despite the fact that there is no scientific evidence that corroborates any kind of causality as they are now claiming.

The American Kratom Association has always believed in the importance of science within the fight to protect kratom. During this fight, science has been on our side.

Science has proven that kratom is not dangerously addictive and, unless mixed with a toxic doses of some other foreign substance, is not a threat to someone's health.

Your support of kratom is why I am writing today to ask for the help of every doctor and scientist – and any former medical examiners -- who could help us evaluate the contradictory and seemingly unsupported conclusions of these two public officials who want to blame kratom.

At the AKA, we are organizing a committee of scientists, doctors, and former medical examiners who can help assess each one of these cases as they emerge.

And we need some attorneys who can advise us on how to demand and get needed documents from these pubic officials who refuse to produce documents.

We would like experts who can volunteer to help us evaluate these reports and collaborate with other professionals. It is critical that we all work together.

Frankly, I need your expertise to help set the record straight. I do not anticipate it will be a heavy lift, but your advice and counsel in a conference call with other professionals would be invaluable to us.

If you can volunteer, please send me a note at dave.herman@americankratom.org.

The opponents of kratom are marching forward with a clear message, and it's vital we push back.

#iamkratom, #WeAreKratom, #teamAKA

Sincerely,

Dave Herman
Chairman
American Kratom Association
Old 10-06-17, 02:32 PM

Superior Pro
Moochie get in here you educated phaggot
Old 10-06-17, 02:55 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Moochie get in here you educated phaggot
Lol
TrapsBrah likes this.
Old 10-14-17, 12:43 AM

Administrator
Surprise surprise, they rushed to judgement..

https://www.painnewsnetwork.org/stor...-kratom-deaths
Old 10-15-17, 04:54 PM

Superior Amateur
Sorry Traps, I know nothing on the subject of Kratom therefore can't offer any educated input. Moochie/Kratom = Srum/Firearms.
rado and TrapsBrah like this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0