SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Health
Reload this Page Appendix surgery

Health General Health Discussion

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By AvidFisherman
  • 1 Post By lipripper
  • 1 Post By Chadd77
  • 1 Post By rado
  • 1 Post By Scrumhalf
  • 1 Post By chuckz28

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-18, 03:21 PM
Appendix surgery

Superior Amateur
Just got out of the hospital. Went in to get my appendix removed but once they got inside they discovered I had Gangrenous appendicitis which was a rough clean up that ended up turning into an abscess infection.

The infection got to my liver causing my liver numbers to sky rocket then the doctor kept saying signs are pointing to my gallbladder and at this point shit was getting serious in my head.

I don't know the correct medical terminology but he said if my gallbladder valves are getting clogged with rocks he can blast the rocks out the way and open up my valves to give me some relief but then we need to plan for a surgery to remove it.

So they put me under again and once he gets inside he discovers no rocks are being produced or clogging my valves but my valves were extremely small so he made them larger/normal size.

Once I woke up from that surgery everything completely changed. My health started getting better each day and I'm very thankful that.

I was in the hospital right at two weeks. Missing xmas, new years and our little snow storm here in Georgia which doesn't happen often.

Been home for five days and lost 28lbs while being on a liquid diet for ten days. I also still have a drain in my side draining the last bit of the infection. It comes out tomorrow.

I'm going to start back lifting LIGHTLY soon when Doc says I can but I'm also going to take picks from the days I start & every two weeks. I know its going to take some time and I've got to be carful but I'm definitely looking forward to getting back in the gym. Walking a good bit each day has helped me a lot. My health is fine now but that was one scary ass ride.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-18, 03:46 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratex View Post
Just got out of the hospital. Went in to get my appendix removed but once they got inside they discovered I had Gangrenous appendicitis which was a rough clean up that ended up turning into an abscess infection.

The infection got to my liver causing my liver numbers to sky rocket then the doctor kept saying signs are pointing to my gallbladder and at this point shit was getting serious in my head.

I don't know the correct medical terminology but he said if my gallbladder valves are getting clogged with rocks he can blast the rocks out the way and open up my valves to give me some relief but then we need to plan for a surgery to remove it.

So they put me under again and once he gets inside he discovers no rocks are being produced or clogging my valves but my valves were extremely small so he made them larger/normal size.

Once I woke up from that surgery everything completely changed. My health started getting better each day and I'm very thankful that.

I was in the hospital right at two weeks. Missing xmas, new years and our little snow storm here in Georgia which doesn't happen often.

Been home for five days and lost 28lbs while being on a liquid diet for ten days. I also still have a drain in my side draining the last bit of the infection. It comes out tomorrow.

I'm going to start back lifting LIGHTLY soon when Doc says I can but I'm also going to take picks from the days I start & every two weeks. I know its going to take some time and I've got to be carful but I'm definitely looking forward to getting back in the gym. Walking a good bit each day has helped me a lot. My health is fine now but that was one scary ass ride.
Damn dude that sounds pretty serious. Pretty rough timing over the holidays. Glad to hear you're getting better.
piratex likes this.
Old 01-16-18, 04:02 PM

Superior Amateur
Thanks man. The scariest part was one morning this young student/doctor who was learning from my doctors team came in to read my blood work report and told my wife & I that it looks like I have cirrhosis.

So I asked him is this why everything is happening like it is and he said it looks like it. He wasn't aware my liver numbers were so high because of the infection had got on it.

For four hours my wife & I were extremely upset sitting in the room but then the doctor came in and corrected him stating how he miss read that report.

We were so happy I wanted to hug the dam doctor. Every time that student came back into the room with the team he kept apologizing. Told him I understand no worries NOW. lol
Old 01-16-18, 04:58 PM

Superior Pro
Damn, that sucks. I'm happy to hear you are on the mend.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
piratex likes this.
Old 01-17-18, 07:56 AM

Superior Admiral
Glad your recovering bro...
piratex likes this.
Old 01-17-18, 08:23 AM

Superior Amateur
Thanks guys.
Old 01-17-18, 08:54 AM

Founding Member
Glad you're ok brother. It can make you rethink life sometimes when you go through something like this. Good to have you back!
piratex likes this.
Old 01-17-18, 09:10 AM

Founding Member
Wow....brother glad you're doing better and hope you recover quick.

We certainly take our bodies for granted.
piratex likes this.
Old 01-17-18, 10:08 AM

Wow. Glad everything worked out and you are feeling better, bro.
piratex likes this.
Old 01-17-18, 11:19 AM

Founding Member
Just saw this thread. Glad you're ok brother.
piratex likes this.
Old 01-28-18, 08:38 AM

Superior Newbie
Thanks, you are feeling good.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0