SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Nutrition
Reload this Page My Picture food diary. What my meals look like. Pics.

Nutrition Dieting & Nutrition Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-04, 03:52 PM
My Picture food diary. What my meals look like. Pics.

Administrator
What im going to do is post actual pics of the food that I am eating in each meal. I think it will create a sence of realism and maybe help people that dont understand how to eat and will find pictures easier. Its 3pm here in New Jersey so im starting this kinda late in the day but I will take pics of the food tommorow aswell. Next meal in about an hour. Stay tuned...
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-04, 04:27 PM

Administrator
Ok this is my 5th meal today, I will post meals 1-4 tommorow as I eat them.

2 cups Multi-Grain Rice
2 Cut up Chicken Breast

The bottle of water is 96oz. I make sure I eat at least drink 2 full bottles a day of that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg food1.jpg (77.7 KB, 868 views)
Old 09-05-04, 06:17 PM

Superior Newbie
Nice!
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-04, 06:24 PM

Administrator
6th Meal

2 Scoops Whey Protein
2 Raw Eggs
1 cup Oatmeal

Mixed in a blender with water and Ice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg food2.jpg (75.8 KB, 772 views)
Old 09-05-04, 06:29 PM

Superior Admiral
Excellent idea bouncer!!! But I just have to ask why raw eggs? I have always read that the protein is not available unless a certain amount of heat is made available in the egg so basically it is like eating nothing?
Old 09-05-04, 06:47 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by stonecold54
Excellent idea bouncer!!! But I just have to ask why raw eggs? I have always read that the protein is not available unless a certain amount of heat is made available in the egg so basically it is like eating nothing?
That is myth bro. Protein is protein. Its like saying beef isnt protein until you cook it. Think about it bro, protein is made up of amino acids. Are you telling me that for some reason those amino acids are dead until you add heat? Some people write things when they really have no clue. Dotn believe the BS bro.
Old 09-05-04, 06:52 PM

Superior Admiral
awesome bro.
Old 09-05-04, 06:56 PM

Controversial Supplement Guru
Eggs are essentially useless raw. The amino acids in eggs need to be heated to fully bond. Albumen in the urine is a general sign, as studies show that a significantly higher amount of malabsorbed protein (egg) was found in the urine of healthy individuals (1). Stable isotope techniques are used to determine the digestibility of raw eggs vs. cooked eggs. In another study, using this method, it was demonstrated that the assimilation of cooked egg protein is efficient, albeit incomplete, and that the true ileal digestibility of egg protein is significantly enhanced by heat-pretreatment (2). Heat-pretreatment of course being cooked.
Not to mention you have a 1 in 30,000 chance to get salmonella from a raw egg. Also, if you blend raw eggs or whatever, you can break up the chemical bonds of amino acids where as cooking them can hook the bonds together, which inevitably is the objective.

(1) Amount and fate of egg protein escaping assimilation in the small intestine of humans.
Evenepoel P, Claus D, Geypens B, Hiele M, Geboes K, Rutgeerts P, Ghoos Y. Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Louvain, Belgium.

(2) Digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein in humans as assessed by stable isotope techniques.
Evenepoel P, Geypens B, Luypaerts A, Hiele M, Ghoos Y, Rutgeerts P. Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Research Centre, University Hospital Leuven, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium.
Old 09-05-04, 08:39 PM

Superior Newbie
Many animals eat the eggs of other animals raw all the time, you would think that nature would know best..

guess I'll have to start cooking my eggs
Old 09-05-04, 08:41 PM

Superior Pro
great stuff bouncer
Old 09-05-04, 09:59 PM

Banned
Great fucking idea bouncer
Old 09-05-04, 10:14 PM

Administrator
Good study YJ, I just have a hard time with the fact that the amino acids have to be heated to become affective. That would be the only case like that wouldnt it? In any case, I learned something today.

P.S. YJ calm down with the smartass comments. Just do what your good at and state the facts. When you start talking trash you only make yourself look bad.
Old 09-05-04, 10:21 PM

Banned
P.S. YJ calm down with the smartass comments. Just do what your good at and state the facts. When you start talking trash you only make yourself look bad. [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought it was funny, it wouldnt think most ppl would take offense;)
Old 09-05-04, 10:23 PM

Superior Pro

Last edited by GearTripper; 08-19-09 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-05-04, 10:25 PM

Administrator
Ok here is Meal 7

2 Whole eggs
6 Egg Whites

Scrambled

I ate this a little bit ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0003.jpg (69.0 KB, 692 views)
Old 09-05-04, 10:27 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Keiser
Yeah, good point. :rolleyes:

Let me know the next time you see a porcupine boiling his eggs before he eats them.
I think he was more talking about nature in general. One would think the raw egg and the proteins in it would be active and not need to be heated.
Old 09-05-04, 10:28 PM

Administrator
By the way, this is actually a lite eating day for me. I had a cheat day yesterday and ate chicken cheese steaks and pizza all day.

Last edited by Bouncer; 09-05-04 at 10:31 PM.
Old 09-05-04, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
Good study YJ, I just have a hard time with the fact that the amino acids have to be heated to become affective. That would be the only case like that wouldnt it? In any case, I learned something today.
I too never knew this, until about a year ago. We have all watched Rocky and we've all downed raw eggs, I used to do it religiousl, then I read an article about heat affecting the amino acid bond and how unheated amino acids (ie. eggs) will pass through the GI tract with a very low bioavailibility, if any is absorbed at all. Not to mention cooked eggs are much easier on my stomach.

Quote:
P.S. YJ calm down with the smartass comments. Just do what your good at and state the facts. When you start talking trash you only make yourself look bad.

Mild humor is all, not really being a smartass, but in turn, if Im going to be rode for every post I make, then Ill post elsewhere. This is my personality on these boards and in life. 90% of the comments I make people think Im being a smartass, but just as you guys post a myriad of pokes and what not in the general section, I spice my posts with one or teo. Nothing personal, more often than not, busting someone's balls.

Now, everyone take their Prozac
Old 09-05-04, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GearTripper
what about raw egg whites that have been pasturized (heat-treated)? i get these like half-gallon tubs of pasturized egg whites at my health food grocery... are those ok?

These are fine, egg beaters are fine as well.
Old 09-05-04, 10:32 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by house1
great stuff bouncer
Ya, I just thought it might help those who dont really understand diet to actually see what is eaten that maybe it would help.
Old 09-05-04, 10:46 PM

Administrator
Guys lets keep the funny comments out of this thread. It kinda gets annoying to go threw the post and wade threw all the BS to get to the topic. Thanks

I deleted a few post in this thread, dont mean to offend anyone, just trying to keep on topic.

Last edited by Bouncer; 09-05-04 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-05-04, 11:38 PM

Administrator
Ok here is meal 8. (before bed)

2 scoops Protein
Handfull of nuts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0004.jpg (66.7 KB, 511 views)
Old 09-05-04, 11:39 PM

Administrator
Just thought I would show you guys what my fridge looks like. :P All bodybuilder food so dont get to excited. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0006.jpg (48.0 KB, 531 views)
Old 09-05-04, 11:41 PM

Superior Pro
are those eggs? where the hell do you buy 7 1/2 dozen eggs like that? i'm buying them a dozen at a time.:(
Old 09-05-04, 11:43 PM

Administrator
Here is what im gonna cook up tommorow. Good old beef.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0003.jpg (78.7 KB, 508 views)
Old 09-05-04, 11:43 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by psyko1
are those eggs? where the hell do you buy 7 1/2 dozen eggs like that? i'm buying them a dozen at a time.:(
yep, from Costco Wholesale. Im sure any wholesale club has them.
Old 09-05-04, 11:47 PM

Superior Pro
Quote:
yep, from Costco Wholesale. Im sure any wholesale club has them.
i know there's one like 20 minutes from me. sam's club should be the same right? there's one here in town. i'm definitely gonna have to check one out in a few weeks when i start #2
btw, do you have to be a member at costco or just go and shop?
Old 09-05-04, 11:47 PM

Administrator
Here is my protein powders..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0003.jpg (55.6 KB, 513 views)
Old 09-05-04, 11:49 PM

Administrator
Quote:
i know there's one like 20 minutes from me. sam's club should be the same right? there's one here in town. i'm definitely gonna have to check one out in a few weeks when i start #2
btw, do you have to be a member at costco or just go and shop?
You have to be a member at all the whole sale places. You should join up bro, saves a ton of money. I buy chicken, veggies, beef, and everything in bulk.
Old 09-05-04, 11:51 PM

Superior Pro
all i got is that big black bag:( good stuff though. and yeah that is a good idea i'm gonna start going there for sure.
Old 09-05-04, 11:55 PM

Banned
Do you and sana share the same fridge, or you have separate fridges?
Old 09-05-04, 11:57 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by majoradams
Do you and sana share the same fridge, or you have separate fridges?
she eats the same crap i do. 1 fridge.
Old 09-06-04, 12:01 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:

yeah they sell them bro. I go to Wal-Mart and get mine there. Mine are 5 dozen for 3.79. Good deal

Hey Bouncer thanx for the pics brother. This even motivates me more, will sure help out other guys here too. This is what we needed on the boards.
Old 09-06-04, 12:03 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by JUICE

Hey Bouncer thanx for the pics brother. This even motivates me more, will sure help out other guys here too. This is what we needed on the boards.
Cool, that is what I was hoping for.
Old 09-06-04, 12:40 AM

Superior Amateur
does having different kind of protein powders do anything? isnt a whey protein the same as any other whey? or close? and i just got some ON whey, the scoop is so small! is that small scoop really 23g's of protein?? seems hard to believe.
Old 09-06-04, 12:55 AM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
Originally posted by Slashmonay
does having different kind of protein powders do anything? isnt a whey protein the same as any other whey? or close? and i just got some ON whey, the scoop is so small! is that small scoop really 23g's of protein?? seems hard to believe.

for me thats why i usually buy 2 different brands. Its taken a while for me to know which ones i like. Cause ive boughten some before and didnt like the taste. Just sticking to one get boring too, as in same taste. Flavors help out too alot.
Old 09-06-04, 02:00 AM

Superior Newbie
nice pics,

Can you give us any macro-nutrient #'s? Total daily cal count? target body weight? type of training phase? Timing of your meals in relationship to sleep and training patterns/cycles?

These are the things that intrest me in other athletes diets...

TIA
Old 09-06-04, 09:13 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Slashmonay
Yes it does do something. The isopure that you see in the picture is pure whey isolates (very fast absorbing) that protein is great for post workout because the body needs the nutrients right away. the ON 100% whey is also a fast absorbing protein but not as fast as they isopure. now powders like protein caseinate or egg protein are slower absorbing and thus it would make sence to use those types before bed. as for the 1 scoop being 23g's, yes it is. they take all the crap out and your left with almost only pure protein. no moisture, no fats, etc.
Old 09-06-04, 09:18 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by double0si
nice pics,

Can you give us any macro-nutrient #'s? Total daily cal count? target body weight? type of training phase? Timing of your meals in relationship to sleep and training patterns/cycles?

These are the things that intrest me in other athletes diets...

TIA
I aim for about 5500-6000k per day in clean foods. yestreday was a light day because I had a cheat day saturday and ate alot of garbage. i train 1 bodypart per weak. i eat every 2-2 1/2 hours. my goal is to be big as possable with very minimal bodyfat. i dont have a goal bodyweight i have a goal look that i want if that makes sence.
Old 09-06-04, 09:19 AM

Administrator
Its 8:15am here in New Jersey and im having a cup of coffee, I dont think you need a picture of that. :P
Old 09-06-04, 10:15 AM

Administrator
Ok, here is meal 1.

Like I have said before, I have a hard time eating in the morning. I always wake up feeling kinda nauseous so I feel a shake is best for me.

1000 Cal Weight Gainer shake
1 Cup oatmeal
9 oz Cranberry Juice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0003.jpg (64.4 KB, 398 views)
Old 09-06-04, 10:41 AM

Banned
Quote:
I aim for about 5500-6000k per day in clean foods. yestreday was a light day because I had a cheat day saturday and ate alot of garbage. i train 1 bodypart per weak. i eat every 2-2 1/2 hours. my goal is to be big as possable with very minimal bodyfat. i dont have a goal bodyweight i have a goal look that i want if that makes sence.
One bodypart per week?
Old 09-06-04, 10:59 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by majoradams
One bodypart per week?
lol, one bodypart per day.
Old 09-06-04, 12:16 PM

Superior Amateur
nice thread, i was going to ask for a diet, since its the one thing i cant nail down. its hard to eat right when working up to 80 hours week. hopefully im getting a new job, so i wont have to work two. i think all the work and gym are killing my cortisol levels. cant wait to wotk 40 hours a week so i can nail down my diet. nice thread. oh yeah, bouncer how about some pics of you, come on man, even a bicep ot something.
Old 09-06-04, 02:20 PM

Administrator
Meal 3

Ok, here is post workout, post slin shake. I went back on the slin, felt like I lost alot of the pump from going off. I am a little behind here as I didnt post my small pre workout shake.

Post workout shake.

60G Dextrose
75 G Iso-Pure Whey Isolates
15G Creatine
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0003.jpg (78.3 KB, 394 views)
Old 09-06-04, 03:28 PM

Administrator
Meal 4.

2 Cut up Chicken Breast
1 cup Brocolli
1 Sweat Potato

This meal comes about an hour after the shake.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pict0003.jpg (69.0 KB, 396 views)
Old 09-06-04, 05:02 PM

Superior Pro
1000 cal weight gainer? don't those have an outragous amount of carbs per serving? how many carbs would you say you get throughout the day?
Old 09-06-04, 05:16 PM

Administrator
Quote:
1000 cal weight gainer? don't those have an outragous amount of carbs per serving? how many carbs would you say you get throughout the day?
Mostly made of of complex carbs. Malodextrin. not sure how many i get per day, not concerned with numbers. i like to keep it to the basics.
Old 09-06-04, 06:18 PM

Superior Admiral
nice
Old 09-06-04, 07:20 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
lol, one bodypart per day.

Quote:
Originally posted by krieg
Workouts are brutal, I go for compounds only, fuck isolations. But yea i'm definately making gains, atleast i can see them each 4 months on scale. Not 2-3 pounds i been making on clean diet.
my stats are:
6'6 210 lbs. 25 years
"i will be big"

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0