SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Nutrition
Reload this Page Force feeding-who does it?

Nutrition Dieting & Nutrition Discussion


Like Tree18Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-16, 01:48 PM
Question Force feeding-who does it?
  #1
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Why's that? We love food, we love to eat...at times, I'm force feeding myself, I hate it.

Could it be the redundancy of same type food? Could it be another issue? And if so, what?

I've been like this for a good month now. I eat, but at times I'm forcing myself to do it. I don't necessarily like that; makes me not enjoy my food which in turn, makes me NOT want the next meal.

Suggestions? Thoughts? Bouncer? I know you've been down this road before. How did you cope or get past it?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 01:58 PM
  #2
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 8792
I'm struggling to understand the question. Your force feeding yourself to get bigger or what?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 02:07 PM
  #3
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
I'm struggling to understand the question. Your force feeding yourself to get bigger or what?
You ever eat when not hungry? And rather than skip the meal, you eat it? That's what I mean, your forcing food you don't want down the stomach

And I'm not talking of a minor oh I'm not hungry thing....im talking about not being hungry for like 6hrs or so...which in turn, you force feed to not miss meals and not drop muscle.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 02:08 PM
  #4
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 8792
Not really, unless it's a cheat meal and I'm pigging out.

If it's my normal meals I have them spaced out enough so that I'm always starving for them.

If your not hungry space your meals out a bit more or lessen the portions.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 03:13 PM
  #5
 
M00chie69's Avatar
 
Superior Amateur
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Where Truth Resides
Likes: 141
Rado, why are you eating when you aren't hungry. Are you still following the standard breakfast, lunch, and dinner timeline sold to us by breakfast cereal marketing companies or are you following the bro-science of 6 small meals per day nonsense?

If you aren't hungry, don't eat. Your muscles won't eat themselves, that's also bro science. There are a lot of benefits to fasting especially intermittent fasting and there are several big/ripped guys who practice this if you want I can point you to them. Look at the leangains concept for example or Dom D'augistino who is big and ripped and does ketosis and IF.

As for me, I never eat breakfast other than my coffee. I stop eating around 8pm at night and then eat lunch the next day around 12:30-1:30 so I have essentially a 16 hour fast. Feel great.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 03:25 PM
  #6
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
Rado, why are you eating when you aren't hungry. Are you still following the standard breakfast, lunch, and dinner timeline sold to us by breakfast cereal marketing companies or are you following the bro-science of 6 small meals per day nonsense?

If you aren't hungry, don't eat. Your muscles won't eat themselves, that's also bro science. There are a lot of benefits to fasting especially intermittent fasting and there are several big/ripped guys who practice this if you want I can point you to them. Look at the leangains concept for example or Dom D'augistino who is big and ripped and does ketosis and IF.

As for me, I never eat breakfast other than my coffee. I stop eating around 8pm at night and then eat lunch the next day around 12:30-1:30 so I have essentially a 16 hour fast. Feel great.
Because when I don't eat, i drop weight...no bro science needed, it's factual.

I don't fast or intermittent need to do it either. It's those times when I need to eat, but my appetite says otherwise.

it's been a good month. What made me think about this today was when my gf asked me last night why I'm not eating as much these days. She's made this comment before so it's making me think.

She cooks over 40 meals a week for us combined. So when she's cooking less and seeing me not eat as much or not have that appetite, it concerns her and raises an eyebrow for me.

I'm sure your eating style works for you, I doubt you're in shape like some of us here...but I require fuel for training and to function
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 03:28 PM
  #7
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 8792
are you training a little less intense due to the injury? maybe just don't need as much calories at the moment?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 03:41 PM
  #8
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
are you training a little less intense due to the injury? maybe just don't need as much calories at the moment?
It's crossed my mind...but don't think so.

We're both combing through ideas on changing our types of stuff we eat. I remember you posted how at times, you'd force feed yourself to maintain
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 03:47 PM
  #9
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 8792
Only time in the past I can think of that I would have forced myself to eat was when I was bulking trying to get the calories and blow up.

But when I'm eating clean like you are I'm always hungry.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 03:54 PM
  #10
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Only time in the past I can think of that I would have forced myself to eat was when I was bulking trying to get the calories and blow up.

But when I'm eating clean like you are I'm always hungry.
Maybe it's that, mentally knowing I need to eat to maintain and rather than enjoying my food as I have, it's becoming a chore as opposed to a necessity?

And again, it's been a good month. Excited to get my bloodwork back to discuss and post.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 03:57 PM
  #11
 
StanG's Avatar
 
Superior Amateur
Join Date: Aug 2012
Likes: 146
Man i prefer to eat more calorie dense foods than to do that. Add in more healthy fats, its an easy way to increase cals without feeling stuffed.
rado likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 04:25 PM
  #12
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 8792
Rado if you want your appetite back just up the activity level. Add 20 minutes of cardio to whatever your already doing and that shit will come right back.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 05:46 PM
  #13
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
Rado if you want your appetite back just up the activity level. Add 20 minutes of cardio to whatever your already doing and that shit will come right back.
Good point!

I already run 4 to 5 miles at a 7:30 to 8mn pace. Not sure I'd want to add more, I'm already running outside and that in itself, is quite the cardio.

Im going to switch my solid foods up a bit. Gonna try red meat once a week now and start eating more seafood and leaving poultry out, for now.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-16, 05:47 PM
  #14
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanG View Post
Man i prefer to eat more calorie dense foods than to do that. Add in more healthy fats, its an easy way to increase cals without feeling stuffed.
Yea i do eat my avocados, usually we go through 8 a week.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 03:50 PM
  #15
 
M00chie69's Avatar
 
Superior Amateur
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Where Truth Resides
Likes: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
I doubt you're in shape like some of us here...but I require fuel for training and to function
Rado, why would you make this assumption? I'm currently 6'1, 208lbs at about 14% BF. Is that Mr Olympia? No, but I've got quite a bit of muscle mass at that weight and BF percentage. I could easily get down to 10% in 6-8 weeks and I'd do that by fasting more and I wouldn't lose any muscle.

The weight you lose when you don't eat is probably just water weight since you eat so many carbs (I looked at your food thread). You're bloated bro. You aren't losing muscle when you don't eat. It's most likely just water weight and inflammation. However I do understand we are all different. Some people look "flat" on low carb, but once again that's just water volume in the muscles and not actual muscle loss.
Scrumhalf and dna9488 like this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 04:28 PM
  #16
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 1890
The whole concept of Protein Sparing Modified Fast (PSMF) protocols involve calorie restrictions wtih low carbs and high protein. They work very well for losing weight without losing muscle. Are you actually losing weight or are just just afraid that you might? And are you actually losing muscle?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 04:35 PM
  #17
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
Rado, why would you make this assumption? I'm currently 6'1, 208lbs at about 14% BF. Is that Mr Olympia? No, but I've got quite a bit of muscle mass at that weight and BF percentage. I could easily get down to 10% in 6-8 weeks and I'd do that by fasting more and I wouldn't lose any muscle.

The weight you lose when you don't eat is probably just water weight since you eat so many carbs (I looked at your food thread). You're bloated bro. You aren't losing muscle when you don't eat. It's most likely just water weight and inflammation. However I do understand we are all different. Some people look "flat" on low carb, but once again that's just water volume in the muscles and not actual muscle loss.
Post pics.... let's see who's bloated

Taking advice from you is like me asking a broke person how to save money. I've read what you posts and although quite interesting, we can all copy paste research and read.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 04:41 PM
  #18
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
The whole concept of Protein Sparing Modified Fast (PSMF) protocols involve calorie restrictions wtih low carbs and high protein. They work very well for losing weight without losing muscle. Are you actually losing weight or are just just afraid that you might? And are you actually losing muscle?
I'm not losing but maintaining. My issue is eating my meals and at times, not finishing them due to being full too soon, this was not like this 2 months ago.

I maintain. I am adding or going back on in 2 weeks and putting more weight on. Just wanted to give myself a break....all I've been on is my test 200mgs e7 or e10 days...that avi pic is the same I am right now
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 04:43 PM
  #19
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Likes: 698
It depends what she cooks
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 04:44 PM
  #20
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 1890
If you are maintaining and not losing strength, don't sweat it. If your reduction of appetite is accompanied by some other health symptoms, then that's a different story. Metabolism is a complex thing and I would let the scale the mirror and gym performance be my guide.
rado likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 04:46 PM
  #21
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by redback View Post
It depends what she cooks

The same stuff, you've seen the food thread right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
If you are maintaining and not losing strength, don't sweat it. If your reduction of appetite is accompanied by some other health symptoms, then that's a different story. Metabolism is a complex thing and I would let the scale the mirror and gym performance be my guide.
Thx bro...i guess I'm so use to eating and feeling nice and full, not necessarily tummy but muscles
..so I do freak out when my body isn't as hungry.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 04:47 PM
  #22
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
let the scale the mirror and gym performance be my guide.
I like this
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 05:10 PM
  #23
 
Turbo3000's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Italy
Likes: 1218
My appetite hits rock bottom during this hot ass weather.

Get some mk and boost that appetite.
jack tors likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 06:07 PM
  #24
 
Ganoosh's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jul 2009
Likes: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
The same stuff, you've seen the food thread right?

Sorry bro it was a lame joke
rado likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 06:07 PM
  #25
 
Ganoosh's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jul 2009
Likes: 2
Ah fuk...looks like my cover is blown
rado likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 06:56 PM
  #26
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganoosh View Post
Sorry bro it was a lame joke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganoosh View Post
Ah fuk...looks like my cover is blown
Bro

You're too fucking retarded to play tricks :grin:

It did make me.lol:thumb:
redback likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 07:23 PM
  #27
 
Superior Freak
Join Date: Jul 2009
Likes: 480
well recently after taking the GH shot and waiting an hour I have no appetite. force down breakfast which I'm normally starving.

GHRP6 is great for appetite

I like B's idea with cardio. for me I that would work.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 07:36 PM
  #28
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Likes: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
Bro

You're too fucking retarded to play tricks :grin:

It did make me.lol:thumb:
Hahahaha
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-16, 08:32 PM
  #29
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
Rado, why would you make this assumption? I'm currently 6'1, 208lbs at about 14% BF. Is that Mr Olympia? No, but I've got quite a bit of muscle mass at that weight and BF percentage. I could easily get down to 10% in 6-8 weeks and I'd do that by fasting more and I wouldn't lose any muscle.

The weight you lose when you don't eat is probably just water weight since you eat so many carbs (I looked at your food thread). You're bloated bro. You aren't losing muscle when you don't eat. It's most likely just water weight and inflammation. However I do understand we are all different. Some people look "flat" on low carb, but once again that's just water volume in the muscles and not actual muscle loss.
in all seriousness, i'd be curious to read what you can dig up on how it can be beneficial while not losing muscle as you had stated....im serious, i would read it....i was a wise ass earlier and all you were doing was trying to voice out. whether i like it or not, i should of just kept shut
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 11:16 AM
  #30
 
M00chie69's Avatar
 
Superior Amateur
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Where Truth Resides
Likes: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
in all seriousness, i'd be curious to read what you can dig up on how it can be beneficial while not losing muscle as you had stated....im serious, i would read it....i was a wise ass earlier and all you were doing was trying to voice out. whether i like it or not, i should of just kept shut
I'll start a new thread on it.... Others may be interested as well. We can keep it all in one place that way.
rado likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-16, 08:37 AM
  #31
 
ssoyegun's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 37
Likes: 37
I like intermittent fasting. I usually go 12 to 14 hours. It works for me.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-16, 09:10 AM
  #32
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoyegun View Post
I like intermittent fasting. I usually go 12 to 14 hours. It works for me.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
you don't feel flat? walking around ED around 9%bf and not constantly feeding myself, makes me feel flat.

I will say that recently my eating is better. Not sure what has changed, but I haven't been really NOT wanting to eat.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-16, 09:20 AM
  #33
 
ssoyegun's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 37
Likes: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
you don't feel flat? walking around ED around 9%bf and not constantly feeding myself, makes me feel flat.

I will say that recently my eating is better. Not sure what has changed, but I haven't been really NOT wanting to eat.
Some days I feel flat, but mostim ok. I think my late 11pm snacking helps. My body is weird, I do my am cardio and weights fasted, then eat. I stay around 6 to 7%bf.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-16, 09:30 AM
  #34
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoyegun View Post
Some days I feel flat, but mostim ok. I think my late 11pm snacking helps. My body is weird, I do my am cardio and weights fasted, then eat. I stay around 6 to 7%bf.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
funny you say that, eating late snack at night...I do the same every damn night lol..we get up at 5am and hit the gym, done by 7am and eat...i can't stand working out with food in stomach, especially since i run 4 to 5 miles for my cardio

basically I have 3 good meals through the day and at night, usually 1 if not 2 snacks...they consist of either a shake or some sort of protein bars(she makes mine)that have granola..in other words at night, i crave sugar/carbs..this is when i make up for the flat feeling.

now when I start back on with other compounds(just on 200mgs E10D)adding winny into it or tren ace, not sure yet...well my body hates carbs, but right now it loves carbs.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-16, 09:38 AM
  #35
 
ssoyegun's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 37
Likes: 37
Same here..I'll start back with winny in 5 weeks. Mast, primo, test. I wish my snack was healthy as yours. I know if I do shake n chips, it's better than just chips. Yea, I get 2 good meals, 2 shakes, 2 snacks. Like 4 bcaa drinks thru the day. My body fills out as the day goes on just like competition day. I do try to carb cycle with not only high n low days, but clean and dirty days to keep my body guessing.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-16, 03:39 PM
  #36
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoyegun View Post
Same here..I'll start back with winny in 5 weeks. Mast, primo, test. I wish my snack was healthy as yours. I know if I do shake n chips, it's better than just chips. Yea, I get 2 good meals, 2 shakes, 2 snacks. Like 4 bcaa drinks thru the day. My body fills out as the day goes on just like competition day. I do try to carb cycle with not only high n low days, but clean and dirty days to keep my body guessing.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
surprised you don't consume more than those 2 meals...but works for you so why fix what's not broken right?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-16, 03:42 PM
  #37
 
ssoyegun's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 37
Likes: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
surprised you don't consume more than those 2 meals...but works for you so why fix what's not broken right?
I'm like you, it seems like a chore to eat sometimes. Some days I can get 3 real meals. Maybe 3x week.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-16, 03:56 PM
  #38
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoyegun View Post
I'm like you, it seems like a chore to eat sometimes. Some days I can get 3 real meals. Maybe 3x week.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
i've gotten better about it the last few weeks. you can only do so much with fucking chicken lol

relatively you and I are about same weight but i believe you're taller? I'm 5'8" and i walk around mid 180's right now...but when on, i walk 192/198lbs and still able to maintain 9 or 10% bf...when you're off, do you keep lower bf and just add lean mass or do you bulk then cut?

i ask because for many years i did the bulk bulk bulk and would cut very minimal. now that i've gotten myself to single digits(or 10%), i love being this way...it's NOT hard to maintain low BF all year round. what I do find hard though is packing more mass, i pack on very slow lean mass, hence me doing year long cycles.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-16, 04:19 PM
  #39
 
ssoyegun's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 37
Likes: 37
For the most part I stay no higher than 7%. I've k8nda bulked once. I try to balance light dirty bulk to eat then cut..I'm 5 10, right now I'm 206 like 7%. Contest day, 185 3%. Weird thing is I normally cut in 3.5 weeks, normally don't lose more than 3lbs muscle.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-16, 04:21 PM
  #40
 
ssoyegun's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 37
Likes: 37


This was like few weeks before contest

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
dna9488 likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-16, 04:23 PM
  #41
 
ssoyegun's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 37
Likes: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoyegun View Post


This was like few weeks before contest

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
That was my heaviest in 2 yrs. 13lbs of fat at 6.4% 3wks out. After coming back from cruise too.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
rado likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-16, 09:26 AM
  #42
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoyegun View Post
For the most part I stay no higher than 7%. I've k8nda bulked once. I try to balance light dirty bulk to eat then cut..I'm 5 10, right now I'm 206 like 7%. Contest day, 185 3%. Weird thing is I normally cut in 3.5 weeks, normally don't lose more than 3lbs muscle.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
because you black you got good genes:grin:
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-16, 11:18 AM
  #43
 
Superior Freak
Join Date: Jul 2009
Likes: 480
I think pretty much every bodybuilder has too.... I eat even when I'm not hungry.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-16, 12:11 PM
  #44
 
ssoyegun's Avatar
 
Superior Newbie
Join Date: Jun 2016
Age: 37
Likes: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
because you black you got good genes:grin:


You can't tell me this 260lbs was good genes... they're okay, but I bust my ass in the gym.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
dna9488 likes this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-16, 03:57 PM
  #45
 
M00chie69's Avatar
 
Superior Amateur
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Where Truth Resides
Likes: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
i've gotten better about it the last few weeks. you can only do so much with fucking chicken lol
Why only Chicken? Because it's "lean"? Why not a rib eye steak or some full fat ground beef or pork chops/bacon? Haven't we established that fat isn't the problem and it's processed carbs and sugar/fructose? You continue to make comments that lead me to believe you're still not coming around on the science that fat does not make you fat and actually it's the reverse of that. Fat makes you lean. Look at what bodybuilders do right before a show. They cut carbs and increase fat to drop those last few bodyfat percentages to get ripped.

(Yes I know I owe you a thread and it's coming)
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-16, 04:16 PM
  #46
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 8792
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
Why only Chicken? Because it's "lean"? Why not a rib eye steak or some full fat ground beef or pork chops/bacon? Haven't we established that fat isn't the problem and it's processed carbs and sugar/fructose? You continue to make comments that lead me to believe you're still not coming around on the science that fat does not make you fat and actually it's the reverse of that. Fat makes you lean. Look at what bodybuilders do right before a show. They cut carbs and increase fat to drop those last few bodyfat percentages to get ripped.

(Yes I know I owe you a thread and it's coming)
No fat does not "make you lean". If your eating nothing but avacados and bacon and your going over the amount of calories your body burns per day you will get fat.

It's incorrect to say fat makes you lean. It's incorrect to say fat makes you fat. It's incorrect to say carbs make you fat. It's incorrect to say carbs make you lean.

It's about calories in vs calories out.
jack tors and rado like this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-16, 09:36 AM
  #47
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 2427
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
Why only Chicken? Because it's "lean"? Why not a rib eye steak or some full fat ground beef or pork chops/bacon? Haven't we established that fat isn't the problem and it's processed carbs and sugar/fructose? You continue to make comments that lead me to believe you're still not coming around on the science that fat does not make you fat and actually it's the reverse of that. Fat makes you lean. Look at what bodybuilders do right before a show. They cut carbs and increase fat to drop those last few bodyfat percentages to get ripped.

(Yes I know I owe you a thread and it's coming)
you must have missed my many previous posts on how I don't like to eat red meat, much that is.

Let's get something straight though; you keep pushing your beliefs and what the internet, studies, etc...onto me; STOP:thumb:

You remind me of those who are stupid religious and keeps pushing your thoughts, concerns, beliefs, etc...

I've been doing very well on how I do things for me...not because little johnny did it that way, or because science says it's that way, or because bbr's do it a certain way; I do it my way because it works for me.

SUGAR is NOT bad if you know how to use it wisely and so on. If that's the case, I'll stop eating my fruits...not going to happen.

I don't care if my comments continue to make you feel otherwise. YOU KEEP talking and yet I've seen anything that's good that you post THAT IS NOT TAKEN FROM THE NET. My science comes from me and trials and errors.

I ask for advice from those I've known for many years, those who I know for a fact are experienced, etc...You keep trolling my posts on my food, fine so be it. But stop telling me I'm doing wrong.

I don't take advice from broke people and I'm certainly not going to take advice from you, nothing personal. But let me explain why.

You came to this board as a troll and still are. You say you lift? ok if you say so...post pics...post your food intake...show some evidence of what you do, it's quite easy to talk rubbish here. PROVE yourself and then perhaps, you'll catch my attention.

Not being an ass, but I want to save you time and energy from the continuance of your posts. I hope you don't take this in a bad way, because although it seems like I'm being a wise ass, I'm really not

I just don't like people who keep pushing shit or their beliefs onto me when I'm doing well. I ask for advice? Sure do...I take it all in and formulate what I think will work for me, if I fail? I'm good with that; otherwise I would never learn.

Anyway, have a great day and again...my post is merely just voicing out my opinion, as you have.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-16, 08:00 PM
  #48
 
M00chie69's Avatar
 
Superior Amateur
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Where Truth Resides
Likes: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
I've been doing very well on how I do things for me...not because little johnny did it that way, or because science says it's that way, or because bbr's do it a certain way; I do it my way because it works for me.

SUGAR is NOT bad if you know how to use it wisely and so on. If that's the case, I'll stop eating my fruits...not going to happen.
Your blood work says otherwise. Your triglycerides are super high and I posted information regarding this in your bloodwork thread for you to research. Once again this comes back to SUGAR and more specifically FRUCTOSE. You should also get an ultrasound of your liver to make sure you don't have fatty liver disease (Also caused by excess Fructose).

You aren't going to limit your fruit intake now? "not going to happen"? After we are pretty much certain that's why your triglycerides are out of range? Ask me how I know this? Because I used to eat a ton of fruit and made smoothies with it every day and hat triglycerides over 200 and when I stopped the fruit they dropped down to 70. I have a very progressive doctor out here and he was up to date on the latest science, smacked me upside my head and told me to cut down on the fruit big time.

Last edited by M00chie69; 09-20-16 at 08:06 PM.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-16, 08:03 PM
  #49
 
M00chie69's Avatar
 
Superior Amateur
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Where Truth Resides
Likes: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
No fat does not "make you lean". If your eating nothing but avacados and bacon and your going over the amount of calories your body burns per day you will get fat.

It's incorrect to say fat makes you lean. It's incorrect to say fat makes you fat. It's incorrect to say carbs make you fat. It's incorrect to say carbs make you lean.

It's about calories in vs calories out.
There are numerous prominent professionals in the health/fitness industry who would disagree with you here, but we've already debated this no reason to do it again.

I don't believe it's a simple as calories in vs calories out. I believe It's about hormones, gut bacteria, and insulin. Higher fat diets control your insulin spikes much better, regulate your fasting glucose, and the additional cholesterol helps produce hormones, after all the building block of testosterone is cholesterol. Can't make testosterone without it.

Let me ask you, why do Bodybuilders cut carbs several days prior to a show? You are an expert here. Do they cut carbs and increase fat or do they simply just cut calories? I'm asking this honestly as I'm not tuned in to exactly what bodybuilders do when they are just a few days out.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-16, 08:10 PM
  #50
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 8792
Cutting carbs days or weeks out is more about dropping water. You can diet yourself in very low digits with carbs. Bodybuilders using gh and slin especially need carbs. Absolutely essential.
is Online   Reply With Quote

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0