SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Nutrition
Reload this Page Force feeding-who does it?

Nutrition Dieting & Nutrition Discussion

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-16, 08:24 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by M00chie69 View Post
There are numerous prominent professionals in the health/fitness industry who would disagree with you here, but we've already debated this no reason to do it again.

I don't believe it's a simple as calories in vs calories out. I believe It's about hormones, gut bacteria, and insulin. Higher fat diets control your insulin spikes much better, regulate your fasting glucose, and the additional cholesterol helps produce hormones, after all the building block of testosterone is cholesterol. Can't make testosterone without it.

Let me ask you, why do Bodybuilders cut carbs several days prior to a show? You are an expert here. Do they cut carbs and increase fat or do they simply just cut calories? I'm asking this honestly as I'm not tuned in to exactly what bodybuilders do when they are just a few days out.
Many recent studies have shot down the calories in vs out fallacy.
rado likes this.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-16, 08:26 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Your blood work says otherwise. Your triglycerides are super high and I posted information regarding this in your bloodwork thread for you to research. Once again this comes back to SUGAR and more specifically FRUCTOSE. You should also get an ultrasound of your liver to make sure you don't have fatty liver disease (Also caused by excess Fructose).

You aren't going to limit your fruit intake now? "not going to happen"? After we are pretty much certain that's why your triglycerides are out of range? Ask me how I know this? Because I used to eat a ton of fruit and made smoothies with it every day and hat triglycerides over 200 and when I stopped the fruit they dropped down to 70. I have a very progressive doctor out here and he was up to date on the latest science, smacked me upside my head and told me to cut down on the fruit big time.
I will post my previous labs, then I'd like to see you explain that one. My triglycerides were WAY LOW...same eating habits, same everything...so..care to explain that scenario for me?

and keep in mind, I've had the same eating habits for a few years now, so I'm intrigued to see what type of response I get from you. Oh and one more thing, still waiting for that wonderful word doc

funny...what a coincidence

you're typing as if you know what you post is so true, but complete opposite..so in the meantime, dig up on google some good "research" articles to have a great rebuttal.
Old 09-21-16, 12:57 PM

Superior Amateur
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
I will post my previous labs, then I'd like to see you explain that one. My triglycerides were WAY LOW...same eating habits, same everything...so..care to explain that scenario for me?

and keep in mind, I've had the same eating habits for a few years now, so I'm intrigued to see what type of response I get from you. Oh and one more thing, still waiting for that wonderful word doc

funny...what a coincidence

you're typing as if you know what you post is so true, but complete opposite..so in the meantime, dig up on google some good "research" articles to have a great rebuttal.
I don't understand your argument here. I don't believe that your diet habits have always been the same. I read through your food log. I read arguments between your and Bouncer about how you needed to change your diet, I've read posts from you since then that say Bouncer was right and you are eating cleaner now. So, how can you say that you have the same eating habits when your post history here shows otherwise?

Are you saying that your high triglycerides aren't caused from your excess fructose intake because you've always eaten excess fruit and fructose? OK, then why do you have elevated triglycerides? What is the cause, in your opinion? And by the way, this is a pretty serious problem and something you should be going all out on to find the root cause. You seem pretty casual about the numbers.
Old 09-21-16, 01:02 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
I don't understand your argument here. I don't believe that your diet habits have always been the same. I read through your food log. I read arguments between your and Bouncer about how you needed to change your diet, I've read posts from you since then that say Bouncer was right and you are eating cleaner now. So, how can you say that you have the same eating habits when your post history here shows otherwise?

Are you saying that your high triglycerides aren't caused from your excess fructose intake because you've always eaten excess fruit and fructose? OK, then why do you have elevated triglycerides? What is the cause, in your opinion? And by the way, this is a pretty serious problem and something you should be going all out on to find the root cause. You seem pretty casual about the numbers.
last blood work my trig's were low, same food, same everything...6 months ago...ready?....go....don't talk about long time ago...go back 6 months and explain how and why my numbers were low...go for it.

i am casual about it, it's nothing permanent...you even said yourself, 2 months and I could go back...and btw, my doc is not alarmed, so why are you? answer that will you?

Last edited by rado; 09-21-16 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-21-16, 01:16 PM

Founding Member
and not arguing, but merely letting you know in a nice way to shut up. ALL YOU DO is troll posts of bouncer and myself, poke the bear sort of speak; just don't.

you keep pushing, posting, etc...yet I could care less for it, at one point you did have me at hello with the imaginary word doc, i'm over it now.

post YOUR pics, your food intake, etc...then perhaps i will read and take it into consideration...but as i mentioned in a post before.

you came to this board to troll, to blow up bouncer, etc...seriously be quiet already.
Old 09-22-16, 12:06 AM

Superior Amateur
Quote:
last blood work my trig's were low, same food, same everything...6 months ago...ready?....go....don't talk about long time ago...go back 6 months and explain how and why my numbers were low...go for it.

i am casual about it, it's nothing permanent...you even said yourself, 2 months and I could go back...and btw, my doc is not alarmed, so why are you? answer that will you?
I don't know what you were doing differently 6 months ago, but my guess best would be you were eating less fruit and sugar. Post the blood work from 6 months ago. If your triglycerides went from very low to 160+ and your doctor isn't alarmed, then you should consider getting a new doctor.
Old 09-22-16, 04:59 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
I don't know what you were doing differently 6 months ago, but my guess best would be you were eating less fruit and sugar. Post the blood work from 6 months ago. If your triglycerides went from very low to 160+ and your doctor isn't alarmed, then you should consider getting a new doctor.
Well thanks for the concern, take care
Old 09-22-16, 08:36 AM

Administrator
maybe more cheat meals the last 6 months during the move and all that? you been posting a lot more pics of those. maybe all the extra burgers and fries had an effect? last time you had blood work you were eating a bit cleaner maybe?
rado likes this.
Old 09-22-16, 09:17 AM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
maybe more cheat meals the last 6 months during the move and all that? you been posting a lot more pics of those. maybe all the extra burgers and fries had an effect? last time you had blood work you were eating a bit cleaner maybe?
Exactly, I was eating WAY more clean...These past few months though, I have been having about 2 cheat meals a week. One is usually just regular food like burgers or pizza and the other is usually a half cake or a dozen donuts :pig:

I kinda did it on purpose but NOT for the sake of playing with my labs, but to see how my body would react doing so. Also keep in mind bro, the last 6 to 8 months, I've come off to just test, so carb intake went up higher. Remember when I'm on, I keep carbs under 150g's a day; shit is hard.

So this is my last week of having 2 cheat meals and dropping carbs and going back to high fat, high protein and minimal carb intake.

My cheat meals from this point on will be a cheat, but a tad bit more on safer side. For example, rather than eating burgers or pizza, I'm going to splurge on carbs...tons of pasta, rice etc...I'm sure here and there I'll give in and have a fucked up meal, but so what

if I'm walking around 8% to 10% bf(right now, which I am), that makes me happy...goal when I go back on, is to walk more so on the single digit side all the time.
Old 09-22-16, 12:36 PM

Superior Admiral
Half a cake or a dozen donuts? And ya'll call me a fatass
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-16, 12:38 PM

Founding Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by dna9488 View Post
Half a cake or a dozen donuts? And ya'll call me a fatass
the difference here is that YOU are fat I work it off, YOU need to get lean then you can splurge. :wave::grin:
Old 09-22-16, 01:06 PM

Superior Admiral
Quote:
the difference here is that YOU are fat I work it off, YOU need to get lean then you can splurge. :wave::grin:
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-16, 01:12 PM

Founding Member
ha ha love ya bro...fucking pic is epic
dna9488 likes this.
Old 09-22-16, 06:50 PM

Superior Amateur
Looks like we got to the bottom of it! I think a dozen donuts a week will probably do it. At least you know how to get your labs back in order which is great, your now a biohacker. The higher protein/fat lower carb/sugar/donut should get those Triglycerides back down to below 100.
dna9488 likes this.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0