SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Nutrition
Reload this Page Bait and Switch Still a Favorite Policy for Many Seafood Restaurants

Nutrition Dieting & Nutrition Discussion


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-16, 01:05 PM
Bait and Switch Still a Favorite Policy for Many Seafood Restaurants
  #1
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 1651
Bait and Switch Still a Favorite Policy for Many Seafood Restaurants - NBC News

Quote:
And, he added, "use your common consumer sense. You're not going to find lobster for nine dollars. Good seafood is expensive." Lowell agreed. "If the price is too good to be true, it probably is," she said.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-16, 01:22 PM
  #2
 
Bouncer's Avatar
 
Administrator
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Likes: 7290
main factor depends on where you're located i'd imagine. for example, seafood in San Fran or New England is going to be way cheaper then Chicago. obvious but the article seems to ignore it a bit.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-16, 02:37 PM
  #3
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
main factor depends on where you're located i'd imagine. for example, seafood in San Fran or New England is going to be way cheaper then Chicago. obvious but the article seems to ignore it a bit.
good point.

being in NE area or West Coast, definitely has it's own backyard sort of speak for seafood. Chi is my city, but won't catch me eating out of Lake Michigan lol
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-16, 02:45 PM
  #4
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 1726
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post
good point.

being in NE area or West Coast, definitely has it's own backyard sort of speak for seafood. Chi is my city, but won't catch me eating out of Lake Michigan lol
What's wrong with Lake Michigan? The fish from there are not ok to eat?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-16, 03:04 PM
  #5
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
What's wrong with Lake Michigan? The fish from there are not ok to eat?
from the city coastline of chicago? eh


if it's anything OTHER than that, then sure.

i never said not ok to eat, i just wouldn't.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-16, 03:06 PM
  #6
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 1726
Quote:
Originally Posted by rado View Post

i never said not ok to eat, i just wouldn't.
Just curious why... of course near the city, there may be pollution but seems like further up north is probably pretty pristine?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-16, 03:09 PM
  #7
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
Just curious why... of course near the city, there may be pollution but seems like further up north is probably pretty pristine?


some rest's in the city will and have used coastline seafood, and claim to be what i just highlighted. at least in NE, the coastline or out deep, is good regardless.
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-16, 03:10 PM
  #8
 
Scrumhalf's Avatar
 
Moderator
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Beyond the Event Horizon
Likes: 1726
So why wouldn't you eat it? Because you aren't sure where it is from?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-16, 03:13 PM
  #9
 
rado's Avatar
 
Founding Member
Join Date: Jun 2012
Likes: 1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumhalf View Post
So why wouldn't you eat it? Because you aren't sure where it is from?
right.


when we go shopping for seafood now, we visit this local place in Boston/RI..their location is probably 100 feet from the dock. they fish it, they net it, they bring it right from the backyards of NE first thing in the AM.

i'll take some pics when we go, you'd like some of those pics. pretty cool stuff.
is Online   Reply With Quote

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0