SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums
Register Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   SuperiorMuscle.com - Bodybuilding Forums > Superior Fitness Section > Nutrition
Reload this Page "Fat Logic"

Nutrition Dieting & Nutrition Discussion

Like Tree17Likes
  • 4 Post By Echo
  • 3 Post By croy71
  • 1 Post By lipripper
  • 1 Post By AvidFisherman
  • 2 Post By razo
  • 2 Post By FrankTheTank55
  • 3 Post By Bouncer
  • 1 Post By AvidFisherman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-16, 12:12 PM
"Fat Logic"

Administrator
So this is a thing. It's where people who are fat claim that in many cases no matter what they do they cannot lose weight. They claim genetics overrides diet and training. They say it is absolutely imposable to lose weight and that even if they starved themselves they would remain fat. Basically it just a justification to allow themselves to stay fat and feel okay about it.

Some guy had enough of this and brought up an insensitive subject that does prove a simple point.

Quote:
How can fat people claim that being fat is genetics when in every single Holocaust picture, not one of them is fat. They are all skeletons on the brink of death by starvation. If being fat is purely nature, and genetics, some of those people should be fat right? Are they going to suggest that every single Jew carries the DNA to be skeleton thin, and that's the only body type they have?
is Online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 12:14 PM

Administrator

Reasons:

1. Internalized fatphobia. Many of the heavier victims of the Holocaust were insecure about their bodies and tried their best to avoid the photo ops.

2. Photoshop. The Nazis were inventive when it came to war. One of their instruments of war was Photoshop. It is still used today, promoting arbitrary standards of beauty in the war on women.

3. Secret fat labor camps. The Fathletes were too strong and healthy for the Nazis to keep down. There are rumors of certain victims legpressing thousands of pounds. The Nazis took advantage of these elite athletes and used them in top secret labor camps.

4. Weight loss industry conspiracy. Billions of dollars are spent each year to ensure that the ignorant sheeple shell out money to buy products that fail 95% (995/1000) of the time. Do you think the weight loss industry would allow there to be photographic proof that starving fat people can exist?

5. Evolving beauty standards. During WW2, what we now call "obese" was called "beautiful". Marilyn Monroe was a size 26. As a result, the curvy female prisoners were considered prized possessions and spent most of their time in the officer's quarters.
Old 02-22-17, 02:09 PM

Superior Newbie
I got a good laugh from this �� I personally know being fat is a choice as I have been both.
Bouncer, lipripper, rado and 1 others like this.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-17, 02:58 PM

Superior Newbie
I was fat for 20 years of my life, o wait I was obese for 20 years lol but I pushed the plate away got my fat ass in the gym and went from 265 to 185 with no diet pills or surgery and I'm just a average joe, so I know it's all mind over matter
lipripper, rado and piratex like this.
Old 02-22-17, 04:05 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo View Post
I got a good laugh from this I personally know being fat is a choice as I have been both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by croy71 View Post
I was fat for 20 years of my life, o wait I was obese for 20 years lol but I pushed the plate away got my fat ass in the gym and went from 265 to 185 with no diet pills or surgery and I'm just a average joe, so I know it's all mind over matter
good attitude guys. we get fat people joining here and 99% are in denial and call me an ass for telling them what they dont want to hear.

you guys are welcome here anytime. now get your asses back in shape!

if you need ideas for diet let us know.
Old 03-07-17, 02:53 PM

Superior Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncer View Post
So this is a thing. It's where people who are fat claim that in many cases no matter what they do they cannot lose weight. They claim genetics overrides diet and training. They say it is absolutely imposable to lose weight and that even if they starved themselves they would remain fat. Basically it just a justification to allow themselves to stay fat and feel okay about it.

Some guy had enough of this and brought up an insensitive subject that does prove a simple point.

Old 03-23-17, 03:15 PM

Superior Pro
Its all about your gut microbiota. People eat shit for years and build up shit bacteria and microbes in their gut and then wonder why they can't loose weight when they cut calories. Gut bacteria can act like an endocrine organ and promote obesity. It plays a role in harvesting energy from food and storing fat.
Old 03-23-17, 03:22 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidFisherman View Post
Its all about your gut microbiota. People eat shit for years and build up shit bacteria and microbes in their gut and then wonder why they can't loose weight when they cut calories. Gut bacteria can act like an endocrine organ and promote obesity. It plays a role in harvesting energy from food and storing fat.
While I agree that gut bacteria is important. I disagree that "it's all about gut bacteria".

If you restrict calories enough you will lose weight regardless of gut bacteria. Calories in vs calories out is the main thing, that's what it's all about.
Old 03-23-17, 03:28 PM

Superior Pro
There are some interesting animal studies that would say otherwise, granted they have not duplicated the studies in humans yet.
Old 03-23-17, 03:32 PM

Superior Newbie
I do know people who could eat pizza every day and maintain a 6 pack 24/7 365 days a year. If I mix a tablespoon of mayo with my Tuna or put a little ketchup on my turkey burger, I have to run like 3 miles to burn it off just to maintain a flat stomach.

I could drop to 170 and my abs still won't pop out. Now my obliques are a different story, they pop out alot. Just bad genetics in that area I guess. Maybe lipo would be the only way.
Old 03-23-17, 03:34 PM

Superior Pro
But I may be wrong. I just read an article that Dwight Howard ate over 5,500 calories from candy daily for over a decade. Im pretty sure that would jack up his gut microbiome pretty bad but he is in great shape.
Old 03-23-17, 03:35 PM

Superior Pro
Razo, is that an Iron Maiden image as your avatar?
Old 03-23-17, 03:38 PM

Administrator
Quote:
There are some interesting animal studies that would say otherwise, granted they have not duplicated the studies in humans yet.
Are you trying to tell me that if you restrict an animals calories to 1/10th of its daily requirements it will not lose weight regardless of gut bacteria? If you are I would suggest you get a brain scan promptly.
Old 03-23-17, 03:43 PM

Superior Pro
Im not saying that. I doubt many hunans would go to that extreme unless they were forced to. I will speculate that if you had someone with a crappy diet of 4000 calories over an extended period of time and they cut to a crappy diet of 3000 calories when their bmr is 3300 calories, their gut microbiome could potentially be very efficient at storing fat causing them to still gain or maintain fat on a calorie deficit.
Bouncer likes this.
Old 03-23-17, 04:15 PM

Superior Newbie
Quote:
Razo, is that an Iron Maiden image as your avatar?
Yes Sir.
rado and AvidFisherman like this.
Old 03-23-17, 04:55 PM
"Fat Logic"

Founding Member
I always made the same point but used the African starving people. Just like the holocaust camps there are some gut wrenching pictures of starving people looking like walking skeletons.
So I guess just like the Jews there is no fat genes in Africa either.
Old 03-23-17, 05:26 PM

I dont really believe it has anything to do with calories. If I eat 5000 calories a day but it's all protein and fat I drop weight/fat and lean out nicely. If I look at carbohydrates I put fat on!
AvidFisherman and razo like this.
Old 03-23-17, 08:38 PM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post
I dont really believe it has anything to do with calories. If I eat 5000 calories a day but it's all protein and fat I drop weight/fat and lean out nicely. If I look at carbohydrates I put fat on!
opposite here. protein and carbs i get lean and full. i add in some fat and drop carbs and i deflate and store fat.

calories obviously matter on some level. but genetics play a huge roll as well.
FrankTheTank55, lipripper and razo like this.
Old 03-23-17, 10:01 PM

Superior Newbie
Yea, the whole low carb high protein diets are more for people who want to lose weight quick or some pre-contest were you would want to achieve that lean dry look.

For the every day bodybuilder, cutting carbs makes no sense at all. Carbs give you energy to burn and how are you suppose to put on size without them. Of course I'm not talking shit carbs but quality and complex carbs. I for one notice the difference in the gym when I eat a nice big meal with healthy carbs 2 hours before I workout.
Old 03-24-17, 09:33 AM

Superior Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTheTank55 View Post

It takes more energy to metabolize protein which increases the thermogenic effect of your food, albeit the effect is slight.

https://authoritynutrition.com/junk-...nd-metabolism/
FrankTheTank55 likes this.
Old 03-25-17, 11:00 AM

Superior Newbie
There is no way that it is just genetics. Coming from a thinner family and having a fast metabolism I know that it is difficult to put on weight. My sibling on the other hand is overweight and can't seem to get the weight off. The major difference here is that she can't stop eating fast food and other junk food, and I can't bring myself to eat it. I guess that shows that it's less genetics and more based on your eating habits.
is Offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-17, 11:15 AM

Superior Newbie
Of Course it's Genetics, It's always Genetics. It's much easier for the Ecto and Meso to lose weight and get lean then it is for the Endo. The Endo with a rigid diet can lose the weight, but how long can he keep the weight off before he blows up again. Unless he stays on a rigid diet and work out for the rest of his life.
Old 03-25-17, 11:31 AM

Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8 View Post
There is no way that it is just genetics. Coming from a thinner family and having a fast metabolism I know that it is difficult to put on weight. My sibling on the other hand is overweight and can't seem to get the weight off. The major difference here is that she can't stop eating fast food and other junk food, and I can't bring myself to eat it. I guess that shows that it's less genetics and more based on your eating habits.
you do understand that siblings can have very different genetics correct? do you think Michael Jordans brother could ever play bball like him? you think ronnie colemans brother could be as great as he was?

diet is obviously a huge factor but don't underestimate the role of genetics.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0