1. Internalized fatphobia. Many of the heavier victims of the Holocaust were insecure about their bodies and tried their best to avoid the photo ops.
2. Photoshop. The Nazis were inventive when it came to war. One of their instruments of war was Photoshop. It is still used today, promoting arbitrary standards of beauty in the war on women.
3. Secret fat labor camps. The Fathletes were too strong and healthy for the Nazis to keep down. There are rumors of certain victims legpressing thousands of pounds. The Nazis took advantage of these elite athletes and used them in top secret labor camps.
4. Weight loss industry conspiracy. Billions of dollars are spent each year to ensure that the ignorant sheeple shell out money to buy products that fail 95% (995/1000) of the time. Do you think the weight loss industry would allow there to be photographic proof that starving fat people can exist?
5. Evolving beauty standards. During WW2, what we now call "obese" was called "beautiful". Marilyn Monroe was a size 26. As a result, the curvy female prisoners were considered prized possessions and spent most of their time in the officer's quarters.